[March 18, 2024, 11:12:52 PM]

A Basketball Renaissance 50 Years In The Making by DavidBoone2inchesTaller
[March 18, 2024, 10:25:35 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by JWags85
[March 18, 2024, 10:01:37 PM]

NIL legal update by GoldenEagles03
[March 18, 2024, 09:10:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: Western Kentucky

Marquette
Marquette vs

Western Kentucky

Date/Time: Mar 22, 2024, 1:00 pm
TV: TBS
Schedule for 2023-24
UConn

Author Topic: Well that was a waste  (Read 205486 times)

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
Re: Well that was a waste
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 07:08:20 PM »
https://twitter.com/danwetzel/status/1169030116841836546?s=21

The NCAA is so bad at what it does, it would have fouled any investigations up anyway
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 07:22:53 PM »
*sigh*

"Cheaters never prosper"

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 08:18:25 PM »
“Just you wait for the end of the summer NCAA violations”

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2019, 08:21:27 PM »

Hey they did get a couple of those dastardly assistant coaches.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2019, 08:24:22 PM »

How is this the NCAA’s fault?  Legal decision and as we have said often, the NCAA has no subpoena power, so without this type of aid, not a damn thing they can do.

Now, what I hope people aren’t saying but I know they are is “might as well cheat”.  At some point you have to stand for something.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2019, 08:26:52 PM »
How is this the NCAA’s fault?  Legal decision and as we have said often, the NCAA has no subpoena power, so without this type of aid, not a damn thing they can do.

Now, what I hope people aren’t saying but I know they are is “might as well cheat”.  At some point you have to stand for something.

Why wouldn’t you cheat? They clearly don’t stand for anything at all. Look at the coaches who do cheat. Just signing top recruiting classes left and right. And how do you win? By adding talent.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2019, 08:31:18 PM »

What is ‘cheating’ is about as relevant as ‘what’s a chicos’

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2019, 08:34:49 PM »

It’s not the NCAAs fault. The entire thing was a waste of time and effort by the feds, and will do nothing to change what is happening in collegiate athletics. People who thought this would mean something were wrong.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2019, 08:36:22 PM »
Why wouldn’t you cheat? They clearly don’t stand for anything at all. Look at the coaches who do cheat. Just signing top recruiting classes left and right. And how do you win? By adding talent.

Why wouldn’t I, because they vow to follow the rules, the school has a moral compass at times, etc, etc. 

And yes, as also shown many times schools do go down.  Louisville, USC, UCLA, etc etc. 

There are schools that win without the best recruiting classes.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2019, 08:50:52 PM »
What is ‘cheating’ is about as relevant as ‘what’s a chicos’

The Autumn Equinox is September 23rd.  Cheeks and his Digital Doopleganger promised us the NCAA will deliver the hammer by then. Their credibility is on the line after all. 

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2019, 08:57:17 PM »
The Autumn Equinox is September 23rd.  Cheeks and his Digital Doopleganger promised us the NCAA will deliver the hammer by then. Their credibility is on the line after all.

We will wag our finger at the masses from our moral high ground as the
philistines play their ‘winning basketball’.  Fools , we play the way that the mighty NCAA intended

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2019, 08:58:27 PM »
It’s not the NCAAs fault. The entire thing was a waste of time and effort by the feds, and will do nothing to change what is happening in collegiate athletics. People who thought this would mean something were wrong.

Can you imagine being Will Wade in a business being caught on tape giving a bribe, then suspended for lying, then reinstated, and then being allowed to keep your job and cleared by the HR committee?  Scott Monarch got whacked for lying about a t-shirt he gave out a week early.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2019, 09:09:01 PM »

We promised something we cannot possibly know or promise would happen?  LOL.  No, we pointed out that it wasn't the end of Summer despite you suggesting it was.....hell, it wasn't even Labor Day when you made that prediction.

No, in fact I didn't promise a thing.....here is what I said   https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=56557.msg1148190#msg1148190

Please correct your unfactual statement or your credibility will be on the line.   :D

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2019, 09:10:47 PM »
The NCAA did kind of say this...

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/at-least-six-college-basketball-programs-will-be-notified-of-major-ncaa-violations-by-this-summer/

So there's that.

Yes, but what does that have to do with this Federal Judge denying the NCAA access to evidence?  That is what I was commenting on as not the NCAA's fault.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2019, 09:43:53 PM »
We promised something we cannot possibly know or promise would happen?  LOL.  No, we pointed out that it wasn't the end of Summer despite you suggesting it was.....hell, it wasn't even Labor Day when you made that prediction.

No, in fact I didn't promise a thing.....here is what I said   https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=56557.msg1148190#msg1148190

Please correct your unfactual statement or your credibility will be on the line.   :D

Don't be so self-important. "They" in my quote are the NCAA, not you and DD. We all knew from the start the NCAA was looking for their out like Miami, UNC, etc. And now they have it...it's a film flam organization.

"Just win, baby!"

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2019, 09:45:57 PM »
Oh boy.  I would be shaking in my boots if I was at Arizona Tech.  They'll be dropping the book on them for all the embarrassment that Arizona caused. 

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2019, 09:57:53 PM »
Don't be so self-important. "They" in my quote are the NCAA, not you and DD. We all knew from the start the NCAA was looking for their out like Miami, UNC, etc. And now they have it...it's a film flam organization.

"Just win, baby!"

“The Autumn Equinox is September 23rd.  Cheeks and his Digital Doopleganger promised us the NCAA will deliver the hammer by then. Their credibility is on the line after all.”

Cheeks I assume is me.

Promised is what you said I did.

Their, assume was me and my digital doppelgänger.

That is what I responded.  I made no such promise.  I correctly stated when Summer was over, which wasn’t beginning of August when you were lining for it.

Just be ethical, baby.  Winning while cheating, why do people get off on that?  What’s the point?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2019, 10:09:41 PM »
“The Autumn Equinox is September 23rd.  Cheeks and his Digital Doopleganger promised us the NCAA will deliver the hammer by then. Their credibility is on the line after all.”

Cheeks I assume is me.

Promised is what you said I did.

Their, assume was me and my digital doppelgänger.

That is what I responded.  I made no such promise.  I correctly stated when Summer was over, which wasn’t beginning of August when you were lining for it.

Just be ethical, baby.  Winning while cheating, why do people get off on that?  What’s the point?

"Their" credibility on the line is the NCAA.  As in ethics.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2019, 10:13:21 PM »
Who would have thought there are NCAA homers in the world?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2019, 10:26:06 PM »
Yes, but what does that have to do with this Federal Judge denying the NCAA access to evidence?  That is what I was commenting on as not the NCAA's fault.

So do you still believe that 6+ major programs will be notified of violations?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2019, 10:37:37 PM »
Can you imagine being Will Wade in a business being caught on tape giving a bribe, then suspended for lying, then reinstated, and then being allowed to keep your job and cleared by the HR committee?  Scott Monarch got whacked for lying about a t-shirt he gave out a week early.

You keep saying it was only about lying about a t-shirt.......

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2019, 10:41:09 PM »
Who would have thought there are NCAA homers in the world?

Who would have thought our alma mater is a member of the NCAA and that organization provides massive opportunities for hundreds of thousands of student athletes each year.  Sounds like gubmint failed on this one....who’s would have thought there are gubmint homers in the world.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2019, 01:17:59 AM »
Charades.

As annoying chop/hack golfers at the local muni like to say...”balls in the air” on Nov 5, 2019 (2k Classic).

What can a clean program do except try to beat the living @$&% out of the cheating @$$ $h1€bag$?!

And make no mistake...we do things right here...you got a problem with it? There’s something wrong with you. We will win. We will win big. And we will win big..honorably.

What doth it profit a man if he gain the whole world, but lose his soul in the process?
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

feedback