[Today at 05:26:50 AM]

Shaka's 2023-2024 Season Accomplishments by 1SE
[Today at 03:36:17 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by WeAreMarquette96
[April 17, 2024, 11:14:56 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by withoutbias
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:37 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Well that was a waste  (Read 208530 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

jesmu84

• All American

MU82

• All American
Re: Well that was a waste
« Reply #1452 on: October 28, 2019, 07:38:23 PM »
Should Bernard Toone sue, you didn’t answer the question as usual.

Priest rapes a boy.

1. What was the priest's "intent"? Maybe he thought the boy was "troubled" and just needed "comfort."

2. The boy said he "maybe thinks it was my fault."

Hoopaloop: It's all good then! Intent was altruistic, and the boy wanted it! Not as much fun as a punch in the face, but ...
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1453 on: October 28, 2019, 07:49:44 PM »
Priest rapes a boy.

1. What was the priest's "intent"? Maybe he thought the boy was "troubled" and just needed "comfort."

Hoopaloop: It's all good then! Intent was altruistic, and the boy wanted it! Not as much fun as a punch in the face, but ...

Hmm, wildly wrong especially since I know several victims of priest abuse.

Now, should Bernard sue MU and the estate...or is it possible as Bernard stated that things are fine, it was a heat of the moment and all was good.  Is that possible, even likely?  Hmm.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1454 on: October 28, 2019, 07:50:59 PM »
NCAA to meet to consider NIL payments.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/27952245/ncaa-meet-tuesday-consider-allowing-athletes-profit-endorsements

Hopefully Val and others will address the slippery slope Craziness...the legislation put forth by Walker in NC is such a monumental joke it is frightening.

From someone I know in the industry that is tight with her, she is also greatly concerned about the sponsorship situation I have brought up the last two months.  That is good.  Regulate that to the hilt.  If you don’t, you will cost schools jobs and income.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 07:56:08 PM by Cheeks »

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1455 on: October 28, 2019, 07:51:30 PM »
Atheist rapes a boy.

1. What was the atheist's "intent"? Maybe he thought the boy was "troubled" and just needed "comfort."

a little different view

don't...don't don't don't don't

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1456 on: October 28, 2019, 07:58:12 PM »

a little different view

Yeah, Mikey and his analogies are brutally bad.  Coach punches / slaps an adult in the locker room in which adult says it was fine in the end

OR

Priest rapes child

Yup, in Mikey’s head they are equivalent.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1457 on: October 28, 2019, 09:49:54 PM »
Yeah, Mikey and his analogies are brutally bad.  Coach punches / slaps an adult in the locker room in which adult says it was fine in the end

OR

Priest rapes child

Yup, in Mikey’s head they are equivalent.

It was my way of asking: Can't you EVER let anything go? Do you ALWAYS have to be hoopaloopin'?

a little different view

I tell you what, Boo-Boo ... as soon as the Freedom From Religion Foundation's leaders spend decades lying about and covering up their group raping little boys, it will be a good view, too.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1458 on: November 06, 2019, 07:44:12 PM »
looking for a place to ask a serious question-it's common knowledge that adidas has been paying players/families to get steer them toward certain schools-

well, if adidas was willing to shell out $90k to mrs nicole player(billy preston's ma) for billy to go to kansas, what in God$ name did they pay for good players???  i mean preston wasn't even drafted and plays for erie bay hawks of the g-league.  should have been fireworks going off when he played for 4 high schools!! 
don't...don't don't don't don't

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1459 on: November 06, 2019, 08:22:15 PM »
How is the NCAA’s summer penalties release schedule coming?

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #1460 on: February 04, 2020, 01:26:27 PM »
Jeez, when I was searching for an appropriate thread to put this the 1st 2 in the search were locked, thanks guys.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28609696/fbi-informant-provide-more-info-ncaa-investigators-sentencing
FBI informant to provide more info to NCAA investigators after sentencing

The key informant in the FBI's college basketball bribery investigation has been cooperating with the NCAA and plans to provide information "of value to the investigations" that he has so far withheld prior to his sentencing, according to a letter Friday from the NCAA addressed to the judge.
Judge Edgardo Ramos is scheduled to rule Thursday on the sentencing of former financial planner Marty Blazer, who pleaded guilty in September 2017 to the five counts against him: securities fraud, aggravated identity theft, making false statements and documents, and two counts of wire fraud.
When Blazer was being investigated for his investment crimes, which included defrauding professional athletes, his self-admitted history of paying college athletes piqued the interest of federal investigators, and he became a cooperating witness -- setting up meetings with coaches and runners, wearing a wire and recording phone calls -- in what became a years-long FBI investigation into bribery in college basketball.
Of the 12 men charged or arrested in connection with the investigations, including four former assistant coaches who pleaded guilty, Blazer is the only one known publicly to be cooperating with the NCAA in its investigation. Last fall, the NCAA tried but failed to get access to unreleased evidence obtained by federal investigators when a federal judge denied the organization's motion to intervene in the case.
At least five Division I programs have received an NCAA notice of allegations related to the federal investigation into college basketball corruption: TCU, Kansas, NC State, Oklahoma State and USC. Sources previously told ESPN that Arizona, Auburn, Creighton, Louisville and LSU were also under scrutiny by NCAA investigators.
Sources told ESPN that in July 2019, NCAA investigators interviewed Blazer in a Pittsburgh hotel room where more than a dozen representatives from schools implicated in the investigation were allowed to listen to the interviews over the phone but were not allowed to ask questions or listen to interviews regarding schools other than their own.
Friday's letter from the NCAA states that Blazer "cooperated in the NCAA's investigation by making himself available for numerous interviews" that assisted the NCAA and the various colleges and also provided "documentary information."
The letter ends by stating that Blazer has agreed to help the NCAA after his Thursday sentencing: "He has additional information that will be of value to the investigations; however, he shared that he held select information at the request of the government and will provide it post-sentencing."
The letter from the NCAA was among a volume of letters from supporters designed to encourage the judge to show leniency toward Blazer in his sentencing, including letters from his wife and three children, among them a handwritten letter from his teenage daughter whose birthday falls on the day of his sentencing. Blazer's attorney, Martin Dietz, has requested a sentence that does not include incarceration.
The U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York also filed a letter with the court asking for consideration of Blazer's contributions in deciding his sentence. The letter noted Blazer's cooperation in gathering evidence and testifying at trial, commended his "personal sacrifice" and said that his efforts led to "the biggest and most significant federal investigation and prosecution of corruption in college athletics."
Blazer was also present for a July 2017 meeting in Las Vegas at which two of the main defendants in the case -- aspiring business manager Christian Dawkins and former Adidas consultant Merl Code -- met with several college basketball coaches and an undercover FBI agent posing as an investor to discuss and in some cases exchange money for the purpose of securing star players. Video and audio recordings from that meeting became key pieces of evidence in the government's case.
Blazer testified last year in the case in which Dawkins and Code were convicted in May 2019 for having bribed assistant coaches to steer their players toward Dawkins' agency and certain financial advisers. Code and Dawkins have appealed those convictions.
In a related October 2018 trial, Dawkins, Code and former Adidas executive James Gatto were convicted of paying bribes to parents and handlers of high-profile recruits to steer the players to schools sponsored by the apparel company. They have appealed those convictions.
According to Blazer's testimony and documents filed with the court this week, Blazer outlined a history of paying college athletes -- many of whom later became his clients -- prior to his involvement with the FBI investigation. The payments, totaling at least $70,000, were made to players at Pittsburgh, Northwestern, Alabama, North Carolina, Michigan, Notre Dame and Penn State, where Blazer stated that he also gave money to a player's father at the behest of a coach.
Sports Illustrated first reported the contents of the NCAA's letter to Ramos. ESPN had also obtained a copy of the letter, which was submitted to the court on Friday.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1461 on: February 06, 2020, 03:49:54 PM »
If Wojo punched a player at the halftime of a game, he would be fired immediately and it would be a long time before he coached again.  That is a much more just outcome than allowing a coach, no matter how successful, to get away with physical abuse. 

Yeah I know we like the story because Al did it.  That doesn't make it right.  Society has evolved for the better.
I don't know.  Norman Dale got banned from college basketball for hitting that kid from Ithaca and NY high schools upheld the ban back in the 1940s.  I think Al just got lucky.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.