[Today at 05:53:49 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: College Football is back  (Read 129086 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: College Football is back
« Reply #850 on: December 30, 2019, 06:35:32 PM »
There's always an anonymous expert on standby ready to agree.

Like 10,000 economists...just sitting ready to back one of your positions...right?  LOL
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #851 on: December 30, 2019, 06:37:53 PM »
Not the first time he sent a post from scoop to former employers.

Ooh, please tell more...looking forward to hearing this.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #852 on: December 30, 2019, 08:18:41 PM »
Ooh, please tell more...looking forward to hearing this.
seem to recall reading on here about Fred Glass and Crean on a plane.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #853 on: December 30, 2019, 08:41:17 PM »
seem to recall reading on here about Fred Glass and Crean on a plane.

Yup, Fred and I have conversed on and off over the years.....yes, Fred set the record straight on that.  The accusation was Crean and Glass were talking trash on a plane about Cody Zeller to Omaha for the college world series.  Well, having worked for Crean and knowing Fred, I reached out to him.  Pretty simple.  If one of my friends was being trashed publicly about something I thought was untrue, I'd reach out to them, too.  What was stated here was false, Glass and Crean never flew together to Omaha and he set the record straight.

Fred is retiring after this upcoming academic year.  He has strong ties to MU as his dad went to MU and one of their kids did as well. 

It seems Wades and others are concerned that I reach out to friends, colleagues, people with relationships when seeking the truth or clarity.  I'm not sure why that would be the case, unless they are nervous their claims will be clarified or corrected.  Who knows.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 08:44:14 PM by Cheeks »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #854 on: December 30, 2019, 09:02:04 PM »
Oh My Freakin’ God.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #855 on: December 30, 2019, 10:42:04 PM »
Oh My Freakin’ God.

Oh Lenny, you already had your say on this one prior...do you not recall?  Is this double jeopardy outrage by you?   ;)

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #856 on: December 31, 2019, 06:35:40 AM »
USC looked bad.  They miss Pete Carroll
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #857 on: December 31, 2019, 07:03:35 AM »
Yup, Fred and I have conversed on and off over the years.....yes, Fred set the record straight on that.  The accusation was Crean and Glass were talking trash on a plane about Cody Zeller to Omaha for the college world series.  Well, having worked for Crean and knowing Fred, I reached out to him.  Pretty simple.  If one of my friends was being trashed publicly about something I thought was untrue, I'd reach out to them, too.  What was stated here was false, Glass and Crean never flew together to Omaha and he set the record straight.

Fred is retiring after this upcoming academic year.  He has strong ties to MU as his dad went to MU and one of their kids did as well. 

It seems Wades and others are concerned that I reach out to friends, colleagues, people with relationships when seeking the truth or clarity.  I'm not sure why that would be the case, unless they are nervous their claims will be clarified or corrected.  Who knows.
Revisionist history. I seem to remember it as Crean was talking to donors on the plane about Zeller's bad performance, and you reached out to Glass at that point. What do you think he was going to say to you?

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #858 on: December 31, 2019, 08:30:36 AM »

This is a cry for help (consciously or subconsciously), and I sincerely hope you receive the help you need.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #859 on: December 31, 2019, 09:11:27 AM »
USC looked bad.  They miss Pete Carroll

The 49ers are thankful for St. Pete’s incompetence on Sunday night....as are the Patriots. 

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #860 on: December 31, 2019, 09:25:48 AM »
Revisionist history. I seem to remember it as Crean was talking to donors on the plane about Zeller's bad performance, and you reached out to Glass at that point. What do you think he was going to say to you?

Revisionist....I'm sure you will apologize now after reading what the claim was and your memory needs a boost.

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=39106.msg502384#msg502384

"Directly from Crean's mouth...they lost because of Cody Zeller. Cody was told to shoot the free throw line jumper against Syracuse whenever he received that pass... but he was too hesitant. This was said to a number of people on the private flight from Indiana to Omaha last week. Crean, Glass, and a number of big donors were on the flight. Crean could not stop yapping about it."

I reached out to Fred because of the comment made that he was on the flight and there in the presence of all this yapping.  I did it as an IU alum and as someone that knew Fred.   What did Fred say....exactly what he did...he wasn't on any plane with Crean or donors to Omaha. The entire comment was a lie which he was glad to dispel.   Hopefully this helped your memory.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #861 on: December 31, 2019, 09:30:30 AM »
Revisionist....I'm sure you will apologize now after reading what the claim was and your memory needs a boost.

"Directly from Crean's mouth...they lost because of Cody Zeller. Cody was told to shoot the free throw line jumper against Syracuse whenever he received that pass... but he was too hesitant. This was said to a number of people on the private flight from Indiana to Omaha last week. Crean, Glass, and a number of big donors were on the flight. Crean could not stop yapping about it."

I reached out to Fred because of the comment made that he was on the flight and there in the presence of all this yapping.  I did it as an IU alum and as someone that knew Fred.   What did Fred say....exactly what he did...he wasn't on any plane with Crean or donors to Omaha. The entire comment was a lie which he was glad to dispel.   Hopefully this helped your memory.

1. What do you expect Fred to say?

2. There is enough wriggle-room in that statement to allow him to say that and be the truth.

3. We have no reason to believe you're telling the truth anyway because you have a history of exaggeration and lying on here.

Not saying that it happened, but if you think your statement proves something to the rest of Scoop, well it doesn't.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #862 on: December 31, 2019, 09:33:52 AM »
1. What do you expect Fred to say?

2. There is enough wriggle-room in that statement to allow him to say that and be the truth.

3. We have no reason to believe you're telling the truth anyway because you have a history of exaggeration and lying on here.

Not saying that it happened, but if you think your statement proves something to the rest of Scoop, well it doesn't.

Excuse me, the direct comment was HE WAS ON A PLANE WITH CREAN WHO WAS DISPARRAGING A PLAYER.   The person accused of being on the plane said flat out he wasn't on ANY private plane let alone with donors or Crean to Omaha.   What do I expect him to say....the truth.  What wiggle room exists based on the facts of the charge?  LOL.   

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #863 on: December 31, 2019, 09:36:40 AM »
Excuse me, the direct comment was HE WAS ON A PLANE WITH CREAN WHO WAS DISPARRAGING A PLAYER.   The person accused of being on the plane said flat out he wasn't on ANY private plane let alone with donors or Crean to Omaha.   What do I expect him to say....the truth.  What wiggle room exists based on the facts of the charge?  LOL.   

Why would I expect him to tell you the truth?  Why would I expect you to tell us the truth?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #864 on: December 31, 2019, 09:38:44 AM »
The 49ers are thankful for St. Pete’s incompetence on Sunday night....as are the Patriots.

No idea what that has to do with USC being mediocre under mediocre coaches.  Pete was a winner at USC
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #865 on: December 31, 2019, 09:45:28 AM »
No idea what that has to do with USC being mediocre under mediocre coaches.  Pete was a winner at USC

He's also a winner in the NFL. Eight consecutive winning seasons and playoff appearances in 10 of his 14 pro seasons, in fact.
Despite his obvious incompetence, I guess.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #866 on: December 31, 2019, 09:47:16 AM »

He was also a cheater at USC and got out of USC as the noose was tightening.  St. Pete

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #867 on: December 31, 2019, 09:50:10 AM »
Why would I expect him to tell you the truth?  Why would I expect you to tell us the truth?

It was a public email on his public account, from a state entity so he could be subject to a records disclosure as a state employee. 

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #868 on: December 31, 2019, 09:53:27 AM »
He's also a winner in the NFL. Eight consecutive winning seasons and playoff appearances in 10 of his 14 pro seasons, in fact.
Despite his obvious incompetence, I guess.

Yup, he is a good coach and winner in the NFL.  That doesn't mean he can't be incompetent in key moments that cost teams wins....both are possible.  Hell, Jason Garrett is a winner in the NFL (has a winning record).  Mike McCarthy has a Super Bowl ring as a coach...he was a winner, too...he was also incompetent at times that likely cost them another title (Seattle game, Giants game, etc)

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #869 on: December 31, 2019, 10:03:36 AM »

nowhere in there  did it say Glass was involved.  I dont believe you on what you say yoir motives where. I believe you were trying to defend Crean. I find it hard to believe the AD didnt go to the CWS
 Done arguing. Happy New Year

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #870 on: December 31, 2019, 10:42:51 AM »
He was also a cheater at USC and got out of USC as the noose was tightening.  St. Pete

They obviously don’t care since they keep hiring his former assistants

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #871 on: December 31, 2019, 10:49:41 AM »
USC made things worse by hiding from the NCAA.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #872 on: December 31, 2019, 10:50:26 AM »
NYE

Tuesday, December, 31st
Belk Bowl  : Kentucky vs. Virginia Tech   11:00 am   ESPN

Sun Bowl  : Arizona State vs. Florida State   1:00 pm   CBS

Liberty Bowl  : Kansas State vs. Navy   2:45 pm   ESPN

Arizona Bowl: Georgia State vs. Wyoming   3:30 pm   CBSSN

Alamo Bowl  : Texas vs. Utah   6:30 pm   ESPN
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #873 on: December 31, 2019, 12:47:59 PM »

It was a public email on his public account, from a state entity so he could be subject to a records disclosure as a state employee. 

Exactly.  Which is why he has incentive to not give the full story.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #874 on: December 31, 2019, 01:01:16 PM »
nowhere in there  did it say Glass was involved.  I dont believe you on what you say yoir motives where. I believe you were trying to defend Crean. I find it hard to believe the AD didnt go to the CWS
 Done arguing. Happy New Year

The AD DID go to the CWS.  The AD DID NOT go on a private plane to CWS with CREAN, as Indeelaw alleged.  Please read.  You should be done arguing, because you are simply wrong on this one.  READ what was said.

My motives....I'm an IU alumnus...I worked for Crean...I know Fred....three reasons.  The story sounded wrong, I verified it from the source.  It was wrong.

feedback