[Today at 09:43:19 PM]

Pitino's Modern Take on a Maguire Move, Blow off the NIT by BLWarrior91
[Today at 09:38:18 PM]

NIL legal update by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 09:10:52 PM]

Kolek Update by PointWarrior
[Today at 08:49:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: Western Kentucky

Marquette
Marquette vs

Western Kentucky

Date/Time: Mar 22, 2024, 1:00 pm
TV: TBS
Schedule for 2023-24
UConn

Author Topic: Old stuff  (Read 21266 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Old stuff
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2019, 08:20:29 PM »
that's great story jam man!  your girl/wife has a nice chin btw ;D   excellent memorabilia-priceless
don't...don't don't don't don't

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2019, 08:31:32 PM »
that's great story jam man!  your girl/wife has a nice chin btw ;D   excellent memorabilia-priceless

Yup, she’s a Cali girl, a sweetheart.  I am a lucky man.  Great wife, amazing mother.  Cannot wait to start our new adventure together next year.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2019, 08:33:19 PM »
St. Peter has a hall pass waiting for you to avoid Purgatory.

Oh I expect I’ll be waiting a long time, but plenty of good people praying for me which is a plus.....of course there are those that don’t believe in prayer or the after life...not much to look forward to I guess for those folks.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2019, 08:44:54 PM »
It was a beautiful 80 a few weeks ago.  Seeing a good friend Wednesday from the Athletic Department back in the Buzz days....looking forward to the NIT story that we turned it down, yet Buzz was campaigning for it before and after.  Should be fun.

Say hello to Bill for me.  Good luck with the fly fishing.

Btw, as a reminder, I never said "MU turned it down" nor that "Buzz wanted an NIT bid". What I said was Buzz wanted to prove he could make the post-season with that crap roster until he gave up late.  And MU made it be known they didn't want a postseason bid (as Buzz was holed up in his office looking for his next job). You see the difference or is your Buzz thermometer off too?

Thank your fisherman partner for his MU service.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2019, 09:33:28 PM »
Say hello to Bill for me.  Good luck with the fly fishing.

Btw, as a reminder, I never said "MU turned it down" nor that "Buzz wanted an NIT bid". What I said was Buzz wanted to prove he could make the post-season with that crap roster until he gave up late.  And MU made it be known they didn't want a postseason bid (as Buzz was holed up in his office looking for his next job). You see the difference or is your Buzz thermometer off too?

Thank your fisherman partner for his MU service.

Let me get this straight, MU made it known they didn’t want a bid but also didn’t turn it down, but also let Buzz go on record in the Big East tournament and after that MU wanted it, and MU disappointed for not getting it...and not just Buzz, but other athletic dept officials.....LOL. 

Yup, clear as mud.  Didn’t happen.

I said nothing about meeting with Bill, by the way.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2019, 12:21:04 AM »
Let me get this straight, MU made it known they didn’t want a bid but also didn’t turn it down, but also let Buzz go on record in the Big East tournament and after that MU wanted it, and MU disappointed for not getting it...and not just Buzz, but other athletic dept officials.....LOL. 

Yup, clear as mud.  Didn’t happen.

You aren’t that thick, are you? Read “post-season”.  Oh wait...

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2019, 02:39:46 AM »
You aren’t that thick, are you? Read “post-season”.  Oh wait...

Lol.  You keep changing your story.  Please lay it out clearly before Wednesday morning. 

What I have in the versions so far is a letter was sent to only some alumni that everything was going to be ok.  In the letter, it didn’t come out and say directly but hinted or intimated that MU wasn’t going to the postseason because MU didn’t want to go but don’t panic.  Meanwhile, at the same time Buzz was either an idiot not to know this or fully in “I’ll show them” mode and said during Big East tournament he wanted a NIT bid....which is a postseason bid....as did the athletic dept in media articles, but secretly they didn’t and were just saying it cuz.

Then MU doesn’t get bid a few days later, Buzz goes to media disappointed, MU spokesman also confirms MU did not receive bid, but that’s because MU already let it be known we didn’t want one anyway (even though we didn’t deserve one) even though days earlier we we said publicly we would be fine with it.  Then there is the version we turned down the bid, and the even better version that we really were a NCAA tournament quality team if only for the OT losses.   

Yes, I am thick...no question....my wife will confirm

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2019, 09:32:53 AM »
It was a beautiful 80 a few weeks ago.  Seeing a good friend Wednesday from the Athletic Department back in the Buzz days....looking forward to the NIT story that we turned it down, yet Buzz was campaigning for it before and after.  Should be fun.

Everyone knows this is a complete fabrication, correct? 
Hilarious story on the sketch, i thought it was two dudes.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2019, 01:24:48 PM »
Everyone knows this is a complete fabrication, correct? 
Hilarious story on the sketch, i thought it was two dudes.

First, if it was two dudes why would that matter?

Second, what's your problem?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2019, 05:33:45 PM »
We have only been there once in the last 40 years....nothing shameful about it, let alone most shameful....you just got done saying yesterday Hank had nearly everyone back and we lost an opening round game to Miami Ohio....the 2003 team earned every damn bit to get to the Final Four, knocking off two top 5 teams along the way.

losing to home to Maine in 1997 was "shameful."
blowing a double digit lead and losing to DePaul in 2010, which had lost 24 straight games, was "shameful."
losing at home to a then winless in conference DePaul team in 2015, on a three point play with 1 second left, was "shameful."
shooting 27% (19% from 3) in the 1996 NCAA tournament against a 12 seed was shameful
39 points in the Elite Eight to Syracuse was painful but it was still the Elite 8
Losing by any margin in the Final Four is still going to the Final Four.  I guess we should have let Kentucky go instead?
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2019, 08:31:28 PM »
First, if it was two dudes why would that matter?

Second, what's your problem?

He is unhinged.  A complete fabrication?  Not one word is a fabrication.

Clearly he has shown himself a bigot from his comments.  It absolutely is a sketch of my wife and I when we were 18 at McCormick when she visited, more than a decade before we actually got married.  That’s why the sketch was done many years later as a fun look back on how life turned out.  2019 and the guy is making LGBTQ remarks.  Sad.

Two dudes?  One in a woman’s sweater with shoulder length hair and a heart pendant?  Good grief.  I’d post the whole thing but some of the aholes here I wouldn’t trust what they would do with it, starting with him.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 08:41:55 PM by Cheeks »

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2019, 08:38:12 PM »
Yeah don’t do that Cheeks. You don’t have to prove anything to this group of goobers.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2019, 11:05:55 PM »
Meant the trip to Montana like a great amount of chicos posts are a demented fabrication. Read any string on this board and argue Chicos isnt a psychopath.

No there is nothing wrong with it, just thought the sketch looked like two guys, although the one on the right did look a little feminine.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #88 on: September 04, 2019, 08:23:31 AM »
Yeah don’t do that Cheeks. You don’t have to prove anything to this group of goobers.

Group of goobers? LOL.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #89 on: September 04, 2019, 08:55:42 AM »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2019, 08:56:45 AM »
Meant the trip to Montana like a great amount of chicos posts are a demented fabrication.

Hey, can you explain what Montana trip you are talking about?  I never said I was going to Montana on a trip, that was Dr. Blackheart, who also erroneously said I was meeting with someone I wasn’t.

But go ahead, explain what Montana trip you are talking about.  I’ve mentioned retirement there in the future, but that isn’t what you are referencing.  Please, back up your comments since you said it was all a fabrication and the facts are I didn’t say who I was meeting with or where, sounds like the fabrication is with you.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #91 on: September 04, 2019, 09:04:23 AM »
I might be movin' to Montana soon
Just to raise me up a crop of Dental Floss Raisin' it up
Waxen it down
In a little white box
I can sell uptown
By myself I wouldn't
Have no boss,
But I'd be raisin' my lonely Dental Floss
Raisin' my lonely Dental Floss
Well I just might grow me some bees
But I'd leave the sweet stuff
For somebody else...
but then, on the other hand
I'd Keep the wax N' melt it down
Pluck some Floss N' swish it aroun'
I'd have me a crop
An' it'd be on top
Movin' to Montana soon
Gonna be a Dental Floss tycoon
(yes I am)
Movin' to Montana soon
Gonna be a mennil-toss flykune
I'm pluckin' the ol' Dennil Floss
That's growin' on the prairie
Pluckin' the floss!
I plucked all day an' all night an' all Afternoon...
I'm ridin' a small tiny hoss
(His name is MIGHTY LITTLE)
He's a good hoss
Even though He's a bit dinky to strap a big saddle or
Blanket on anyway
He's a bit dinky to strap a big saddle or
Blanket on anyway
Any way I'm pluckin' the ol' Dennil Floss
Even if you think it is a little silly, folks
I don't care if you think it's silly, folks
I don't care if you think it's silly, folks
I'm gonna find me a horse
Just about this big
An' ride him all along the border line
With a Pair of heavy-duty
Zircon-encrusted tweezers in my hand
Every other wrangler would say
I was mighty grand
By myself I wouldn't
Have no boss
But I'd be raisin' my lonely Dental Floss
Well I might Ride along the border
With my tweezers gleamin'
In the moon-lighty night
And then I'd Get a cuppa cawfee
N' give my foot a push...
Just me 'n the pymgy pony
Over the Dennil Floss Bush
N' then I might just Jumb back on
An' ride Like a cowboy
Into the dawn to Montana
Movin' to Montana soon

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2019, 10:04:37 AM »

Hey, can you explain what Montana trip you are talking about?  I never said I was going to Montana on a trip, that was Dr. Blackheart, who also erroneously said I was meeting with someone I wasn’t.

But go ahead, explain what Montana trip you are talking about.  I’ve mentioned retirement there in the future, but that isn’t what you are referencing.  Please, back up your comments since you said it was all a fabrication and the facts are I didn’t say who I was meeting with or where, sounds like the fabrication is with you.

Item #10,000 for evidence towards prior claim.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2019, 12:51:08 PM »
Random (not as) old stuff:

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2019, 12:55:18 PM »
More:

(Click the ads! They are animated!)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 01:07:27 PM by TallTitan34 »

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2019, 01:03:30 PM »
More:

(Click for larger image)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 01:10:24 PM by TallTitan34 »

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2019, 01:09:34 PM »
More:

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #97 on: September 04, 2019, 01:47:57 PM »
Yep. Passive aggressive way to say Look at Me, I have all of this cool stuff. Ignore button engaged

Funny this was one of the very first replies,  sadly 4 pages later the clown is still dancing.

Not u titan... good stuff there.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 01:50:03 PM by Mr. Sand-Knit »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2019, 02:19:40 PM »
All kidding and jostling aside going on here, this is a cool thread.  Thanks Cheeks and Titan.

PS.  I just wished I kept by Bill Cords letter.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #99 on: September 04, 2019, 02:24:56 PM »
They are too big too attach them all but here are some game posters from the 2004-05 season.

(DePaul one is a pretty cool team poster)