[Today at 07:02:21 AM]

Dallas bars tonite by Marquette Gyros
[Today at 06:59:41 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:42:08 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 06:32:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: MU Mock Draft Prospects  (Read 57056 times)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: MU Mock Draft Prospects
« Reply #175 on: November 18, 2020, 11:19:20 PM »
I'd still bet on him getting at least one NBA minute this year.

I hope you’re right, but I just don’t see him ever lacing it up in the NBA.

Autoengineer

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #176 on: November 18, 2020, 11:22:49 PM »
Howard goes undrafted.

He wasn’t even in Jay Bilas’ top 6 remaining with one pick left. 

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #177 on: November 18, 2020, 11:33:35 PM »
markus will make nice money overseas. powell not gettin picked is no surpise. kansas dotson not gettin picked is surpirsing. good luck markus. he either has a cup of coffe in  the nba or makes good money overseas. right???

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #178 on: November 18, 2020, 11:44:41 PM »
markus will make nice money overseas. powell not gettin picked is no surpise. kansas dotson not gettin picked is surpirsing. good luck markus. he either has a cup of coffe in  the nba or makes good money overseas. right???

Dotson agreed to a deal with Chicago.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #179 on: November 18, 2020, 11:47:01 PM »
I am beginning to think that going to college is a bad idea for kids who want to play in the NBA these days. Go overseas or hang out in prep school for a year, and hope you get drafted for ‘untapped potential.’ Or maybe go to college for a year and throw your name in the draft before teams see limits to your upside.

Only a handful of kids played three or four years of college and then got drafted tonight.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #180 on: November 18, 2020, 11:54:19 PM »
Howard signs a two way with Denver.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #181 on: November 18, 2020, 11:56:04 PM »
Howard signs a two way with Denver.

Kinda surprised at that, not for getting signed just think that’s a tough landing spot for him. No minutes available in that backcourt.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #182 on: November 19, 2020, 12:06:16 AM »
I am beginning to think that going to college is a bad idea for kids who want to play in the NBA these days. Go overseas or hang out in prep school for a year, and hope you get drafted for ‘untapped potential.’ Or maybe go to college for a year and throw your name in the draft before teams see limits to your upside.

Only a handful of kids played three or four years of college and then got drafted tonight.
Well yeah, most nba guys leave early since the pay, coaching and lifestyle is better. If you are an accountant and can get a full salary after your freshman year from a big four, do you think it's beneficial to stay in college or are you better off going to firm for their better training and best assignments.

Especially with the pandemic, why would you stick around college if you could get paid the past two years?

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #183 on: November 19, 2020, 12:57:45 AM »
I hope you’re right, but I just don’t see him ever lacing it up in the NBA.

Markus 100% plays in the NBA at somepoint. Probably this year.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #184 on: November 19, 2020, 06:48:19 AM »
Markus ain’t getting drafted, but at least spell his name right...

Shockin', the Association has no room for 5'9" shooting guards. Markus got a free college education. That's a pretty nice head start in life, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #185 on: November 19, 2020, 07:15:28 AM »

Shockin', the Association has no room for 5'9" shooting guards. Markus got a free college education. That's a pretty nice head start in life, hey?

He signed a two way contract already. He’ll be playing in the Association this year.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #186 on: November 19, 2020, 07:19:05 AM »
Along with Bailey, Amin, and Mane, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #187 on: November 19, 2020, 07:33:55 AM »
He signed a two way contract already. He’ll be playing in the Association this year.

I wouldn’t bet against Markus.  Will he make it?  I don’t know but I know he’ll work as hard as anyone else to make it and he’ll make Marquette proud.  Plenty of Marquette fans and alum will cheer against him and that’s sad.
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #188 on: November 19, 2020, 07:42:42 AM »

Nothing better than "fans" who root against our players.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #189 on: November 19, 2020, 08:07:09 AM »
NBA teams get 2 two way contracts.  With covid almost certain to knock players out for periods of time, Markus will find himself on the NBA roster plenty.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #190 on: November 19, 2020, 08:13:50 AM »
C'mon man, no attack against Markus was made or implied. Just a fact of life that 5'9" shooting guards will have a difficult time making it, particularly when the league matches you up against 6'5" players. Never met Markus. All indications are he's a fine, upstanding human being. Likely, will be a huge success in life, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #191 on: November 19, 2020, 08:17:15 AM »
Every undrafted player -- and most second-rounders, and a good number of first-rounders -- will find it difficult to get a serious look in the NBA.

Markus is little and limited, but he has one proven skill that is highly valued. I certainly wouldn't bet against him getting some opportunities this season. As wades said, just the COVID-19 situation alone suggests that the Nuggets probably will need to add several players to the bottom of their roster on numerous occasions.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #192 on: November 19, 2020, 08:25:52 AM »
Me again, weird how you won't actually respond to me  :o.

I don't think comparing a 6-5 220 lb G to a 6-5 210 lb G is "mind blowing"

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/sacar-anim-1.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/wesley-matthews-1.html

Wes definitely holds the edge in some categories, but Sacar certainly hold his own in others.

Again, not saying it's a lock like 82 (in teal) was, but the odds are above 0 like they currently are for Jayce or would have been for Ed, so given the title of the thread, I think it's worth discussing.

Oh come on.  You just have to watch games to realize that, despite the fact they are the same height and weight (lol), Sacar is nothing like Wesley. 

Sacar is a physical defender, with an inconsistent shot and no left hand.  Wesley was always a consistent scorer from all levels, on top of being a decent defender who turned himself into a very good one.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #193 on: November 19, 2020, 08:26:01 AM »
C'mon man, no attack against Markus was made or implied. Just a fact of life that 5'9" shooting guards will have a difficult time making it, particularly when the league matches you up against 6'5" players. Never met Markus. All indications are he's a fine, upstanding human being. Likely, will be a huge success in life, hey?

When critical thinking is posted, the weak-minded tend to be offended.  Markus is a decent person but at the NBA level he's an outlier due to his body and skillset.  While most will defend him, it needs to be said that he didn't exactly improve his passing or defense significantly while under Wojo.  That's the red flag.  In the NBA he's a liability.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #194 on: November 19, 2020, 08:27:43 AM »

You have it backwards.  Players who can get drafted, leave early.  Markus wasn't going to have a much different outcome no matter when he came out.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #195 on: November 19, 2020, 08:32:19 AM »
Markus was a once in a lifetime college basketball player.   But he is 5'9.   I thought there was a chance someone would draft him, but I am not surprised by this outcome.   5'9.    In the end, the only number that mattered.   Yes, he can shoot like Steph Curry.  5'9.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #196 on: November 19, 2020, 08:33:28 AM »
When critical thinking is posted, the weak-minded tend to be offended.  Markus is a decent person but at the NBA level he's an outlier due to his body and skillset.  While most will defend him, it needs to be said that he didn't exactly improve his passing or defense significantly while under Wojo.  That's the red flag.  In the NBA he's a liability.

Who said he isn’t a liability in the NBA?
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #197 on: November 19, 2020, 08:34:39 AM »
Markus was a once in a lifetime college basketball player.   But he is 5'9.   I thought there was a chance someone would draft him, but I am not surprised by this outcome.   5'9.    In the end, the only number that mattered.   Yes, he can shoot like Steph Curry.  5'9.
5'10...we round up here  :)

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #198 on: November 19, 2020, 08:35:39 AM »
Who said he isn’t a liability in the NBA?

jesmu84 got all bent out of shape saying "gotta love it when you root against your own players"

He's a tad sensitive

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #199 on: November 19, 2020, 08:37:23 AM »

Oh come on.  You just have to watch games to realize that, despite the fact they are the same height and weight (lol), Sacar is nothing like Wesley. 

Sacar is a physical defender, with an inconsistent shot and no left hand.  Wesley was always a consistent scorer from all levels, on top of being a decent defender who turned himself into a very good one.

Wesley being a scorer from all levels in college didn't really effect him in the pros though considering he attempted less than two 2 point shots per game last year, and hasn't had a year where he attempted more 2s than 3s since the 11-12 season. 

Wesley is a 3 and D guy who's career 3 point shooting percentage is 38%.  Sacar shot 39% from 3 last year.  Wesley improved massively on the defensive end his first few years in the NBA.  Can Sacar do the same?  I think it's a long shot, but I do think it's a possibility.