'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 03:24:20 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:13 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by BrewCity83
[Today at 03:23:55 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:05:12 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: MU Mock Draft Prospects  (Read 57003 times)

Its DJOver

• All American
Re: MU Mock Draft Prospects
« Reply #150 on: November 18, 2020, 05:46:39 PM »
He won't get drafted, but anyone else think that Sacar has a chance at the "undrafted but find a way to stick" route?  I was looking at his stats in comparison to Wes, and they're fairly similar.  Sacar actually shot better from distance on more attempt as a Senior, and if you're looking for a cheap, young, 3 and D athletic guy for your 13th spot, you could do worse.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #151 on: November 18, 2020, 05:53:42 PM »
He won't get drafted, but anyone else think that Sacar has a chance at the "undrafted but find a way to stick" route?  I was looking at his stats in comparison to Wes, and they're fairly similar.  Sacar actually shot better from distance on more attempt as a Senior, and if you're looking for a cheap, young, 3 and D athletic guy for your 13th spot, you could do worse.

I'd be surprised, but not shocked. Possible if he puts the work in. It might be more like a Juan Toscano situation years down the road.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #152 on: November 18, 2020, 06:14:46 PM »
Agree and I think the same of Theo John next year.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #153 on: November 18, 2020, 06:27:35 PM »
Still a real head scratcher of a move for BB.
He's 23. you could either play for Marquette or go make money in Europe. Not really a choice in my mind. Wish him luck.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #154 on: November 18, 2020, 06:34:32 PM »

I don't see it. He can shoot a bit but his shot is way too slow and he isn't as explosive laterally. Sacar was one of my favorites so very much hope I'm wrong.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #155 on: November 18, 2020, 06:36:10 PM »
I don't see it. He can shoot a bit but his shot is way too slow and he isn't as explosive laterally. Sacar was one of my favorites so very much hope I'm wrong.

If Jamil can’t stick, not sure how Sacar could.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #156 on: November 18, 2020, 06:43:44 PM »
If Jamil can’t stick, not sure how Sacar could.

Well not getting sued for knowingly having herpes when having unprotected sex will probably help Sacar
Maigh Eo for Sam

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #157 on: November 18, 2020, 07:11:19 PM »
Sacar is also 6 years younger than Jamil, plays a different position, and yes (hopefully) knows how to practice safe sex. 

If I had to bet, I would still put money down on 2 years in the G-League, then off to Europe.  But, while all the draft news has been about Markus, I don't think it would be all that surprising if Sacar end ups having a longer NBA career.  If you can get the reputation of a solid 3 and D player, you can have a pretty nice journeyman career i.e. Wes.

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #158 on: November 18, 2020, 07:45:50 PM »
Sacar is also 6 years younger than Jamil, plays a different position, and yes (hopefully) knows how to practice safe sex. 

If I had to bet, I would still put money down on 2 years in the G-League, then off to Europe.  But, while all the draft news has been about Markus, I don't think it would be all that surprising if Sacar end ups having a longer NBA career.  If you can get the reputation of a solid 3 and D player, you can have a pretty nice journeyman career i.e. Wes.
I think your assessment about Sacar is accurate. It just takes one coach to believe in what Sacar brings to the table and maybe he makes the most of the opportunity. Sacar has some decent tools to bring to the party .

Jamil made the most of his opportunity and then unfortunately the downside of the two way contract is he ran out of days and so the Clippers had to either sign him up for the rest of the season or let him go. They had no cap room so they had to let him go and bring up another two way player. Unfortunately then the lawsuit happened when Jamil was on the verge of being signed by the Lakers. Now it looks like he is a career European guy .

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #159 on: November 18, 2020, 09:12:23 PM »
All this Sacar to the NBA love blows my mind. I’d love to be wrong but I don’t see it.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #160 on: November 18, 2020, 09:17:50 PM »
Nah Lenny man, if da software is right, anything can happen, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #161 on: November 18, 2020, 09:20:37 PM »
All this Sacar to the NBA love blows my mind. I’d love to be wrong but I don’t see it.

I don't get it either but Juan and Buycks have shown me who knows what can happen
Maigh Eo for Sam

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #162 on: November 18, 2020, 09:26:53 PM »

What "love" are you seeing?  I'm probably more optimistic about his chances than just about anyone, and I said best case he's the 13th man somewhere, and most likely he's in the G-League.  I just don't think the possibility of Sacar making it should be dismissed completely.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #163 on: November 18, 2020, 09:29:00 PM »

+1

MU82

• All American
« Reply #164 on: November 18, 2020, 09:46:06 PM »
Sacar is a lock to have a fine NBA career. He’ll be a starter this season, he’ll be an All-Star in Year 3, and he has an outside shot at being a Hall of Famer.

Now THAT’S love!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #165 on: November 18, 2020, 09:51:35 PM »
I don't get it either but Juan and Buycks have shown me who knows what can happen

Juan had size and athleticism that Sacar doesn’t. Buycks had skill levels Sacar doesn’t. He’s not in Jamil’s league either. And somebody actually compared him to Wesley.

Mind blowing.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #166 on: November 18, 2020, 10:14:50 PM »
Juan had size and athleticism that Sacar doesn’t. Buycks had skill levels Sacar doesn’t. He’s not in Jamil’s league either. And somebody actually compared him to Wesley.

Mind blowing.

Me again, weird how you won't actually respond to me  :o.

I don't think comparing a 6-5 220 lb G to a 6-5 210 lb G is "mind blowing"

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/sacar-anim-1.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/wesley-matthews-1.html

Wes definitely holds the edge in some categories, but Sacar certainly hold his own in others.

Again, not saying it's a lock like 82 (in teal) was, but the odds are above 0 like they currently are for Jayce or would have been for Ed, so given the title of the thread, I think it's worth discussing.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #167 on: November 18, 2020, 10:33:51 PM »
Me again, weird how you won't actually respond to me  :o.

I don't think comparing a 6-5 220 lb G to a 6-5 210 lb G is "mind blowing"

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/sacar-anim-1.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/wesley-matthews-1.html

Wes definitely holds the edge in some categories, but Sacar certainly hold his own in others.

Again, not saying it's a lock like 82 (in teal) was, but the odds are above 0 like they currently are for Jayce or would have been for Ed, so given the title of the thread, I think it's worth discussing.

Above 0? Okay, I guess. But I wasn’t at all surprised that Wesley made it. He looked like an NBA player to me his senior year. Juan and Dwight were shocks, but they each had skills that translated. Like I said, I hope I’m missing something but I see nothing in Sacar’s game that merits an NBA career. Nothing.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #168 on: November 18, 2020, 10:45:06 PM »
You guys do realize that Marcus Howard isn't getting drafted........right?

oh wait.....now Sacar Anim is being talked about as sleeper NBA potential.  Unreal. 

No one wants to use a draft pick on a guard that's too small and had difficulty shooting against decent defenders.  Getting to the free throw line was how Howard filled up the stat sheet at MU.  That doesn't work in the NBA, nor does his inability to defend or pass.  Wojo didn't develop him enough at MU.  1 dimensional.  There's way more potential on the board.  Only way for him to make it is in the G league.  Europe is where he'll excel.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #169 on: November 18, 2020, 10:47:55 PM »
6-5 and I'd argue his frame would allow him to add another 10-15 lbs of muscle, and shot 40% from 3.  Won't argue overall potential against some of the players drafted, but when I see a 6-3 198 lb 29% three point shooter, and a 6-5 174 lb 36 % three point shooter (Maxey and Maledon respectively) get drafted, I can see a path for Sacar.  Again they're better overall prospects, but with size, shooting, and defensive ability/potential being at premiums right now, I think there may be a spot at the end of a bench for a 3 and D league minimum salary project.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #170 on: November 18, 2020, 10:53:52 PM »
You guys do realize that Marcus Howard isn't getting drafted........right?

Markus ain’t getting drafted, but at least spell his name right...

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #171 on: November 18, 2020, 11:11:26 PM »
Howard goes undrafted.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #172 on: November 18, 2020, 11:14:51 PM »
Markus is just not a good NBA prospect. If you have those late second round picks, you take a flier on a 6’7” freak athlete. Not a 5’10” shooting guard who can’t play defense. Markus is Scottie Reynolds.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #173 on: November 18, 2020, 11:15:36 PM »
Markus is just not a good NBA prospect. If you have those late second round picks, you take a flier on a 6’7” freak athlete. Not a 5’10” shooting guard who can’t play defense. Markus is Scottie Reynolds.

I'd still bet on him getting at least one NBA minute this year.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #174 on: November 18, 2020, 11:17:17 PM »
Of note, Karim Mane goes undrafted.