'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: wojo extended for 5 years  (Read 33165 times)

muguru

• All American
Re: wojo extended for 5 years
« Reply #200 on: May 08, 2019, 07:42:36 PM »
The problem with one coach is that drip drip drip drip wouldn’t stop and thus ended up where it did.  No one is saying Boy Scouts are needed, and yes kids do dumb things at that age....sometimes serious dumb things that don’t make the front pages.  Bob Knight and staff controlled Bloomington PD for the most part and handled it inside.  Packers had some bad stuff happen in early 90’s that was swept under the rug.  Doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.  Frequency was one of the problems with Buzz, along with the lying that went with it.

You certainly never waste a moment to bash Buzz do you?? CONSTANTLY saying something about the negatives with him...yet almost never mentioning all the on court success he had. Hypocritical much??
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #201 on: May 08, 2019, 07:44:39 PM »
   dgies-

this-

"Then I fear for what our university is becoming."

i have been thinking this for a few years now. it's just permeating our basketball program now or is just becoming more and more blatantly apparent.   

but hey, if ya don't make the NCAA, ya got your NIT.  if ya whiff there, ya gots yer CBI and if ya still want a trophy, let's keep the team together for the CIT

don't...don't don't don't don't

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #202 on: May 08, 2019, 07:49:47 PM »
You? Looking at the negative aspect of it? NO WAY!
They could have just not liked it. Which people are able to do.

I think the most logical position is that the players sincerely "liked" it. But, 'cmon - if you had to play for a guy would you really "not like" his contract extension? Why put yourself in the doghouse? Players aren't stupid.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #203 on: May 08, 2019, 07:52:11 PM »
There are a LOT of current roster positively retweeting and commenting on the extension

this is great to hear as the opposite would be doubly disappointing.  i hope like hell this team and every future team success
don't...don't don't don't don't

muguru

• All American
« Reply #204 on: May 08, 2019, 07:53:08 PM »
   dgies-

this-

"Then I fear for what our university is becoming."

i have been thinking this for a few years now. it's just permeating our basketball program now or is just becoming more and more blatantly apparent.   

but hey, if ya don't make the NCAA, ya got your NIT.  if ya whiff there, ya gots yer CBI and if ya still want a trophy, let's keep the team together for the CIT

Remember, for Chicos...the NIT matters, it's a sign of upward projection for the MU program under Wojo..he says the NIT is better than no postseason...I guess he'd feel the same about the CBI, and the CIT as well. Because, well, ya know, that's about the level he thinks the MU program should be at, or at least not beneath playing in one of those tournaments.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #205 on: May 08, 2019, 07:56:42 PM »
I think the most logical position is that the players sincerely "liked" it. But, 'cmon - if you had to play for a guy would you really "not like" his contract extension? Why put yourself in the doghouse? Players aren't stupid.

Or maybe they like the guy. Jeez why are people so negative about the most inconsequential things.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #206 on: May 08, 2019, 07:57:03 PM »
You certainly never waste a moment to bash Buzz do you?? CONSTANTLY saying something about the negatives with him...yet almost never mentioning all the on court success he had. Hypocritical much??

I was clarifying the difference with Lenny’s analogy.  But to address your faulty post, 99% of my posts have nothing to do with Buzz....so you would be wrong in my opinion. 

« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 08:02:04 PM by Cheeks »
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #207 on: May 08, 2019, 07:58:40 PM »

What about former players that don’t have to worry about that who also liked it, commented publicly in support of the decision?
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #208 on: May 08, 2019, 08:01:21 PM »
Remember, for Chicos...the NIT matters, it's a sign of upward projection for the MU program under Wojo..he says the NIT is better than no postseason...I guess he'd feel the same about the CBI, and the CIT as well. Because, well, ya know, that's about the level he thinks the MU program should be at, or at least not beneath playing in one of those tournaments.

You are outdoing yourself today.  I guess the Mayo nonsense stung.

NIT > no tournament
NCAA > NIT

Really not hard.  CBI and CIT you have to pay to play if I recall.  They are not based on winning your conference or just missing the NCAA, they have no history, etc.  False equivalency.  If I recall, even the finals are like best of three. 

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #209 on: May 08, 2019, 08:01:40 PM »
Or maybe they like the guy. Jeez why are people so negative about the most inconsequential things.

Occam’s Razor

muguru

• All American
« Reply #210 on: May 08, 2019, 08:03:45 PM »
What about former players that don’t have to worry about that who also liked it, commented publicly in support of the decision?

You really think they would say something negative about it in public??

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #211 on: May 08, 2019, 08:06:57 PM »

Former players is an entirely different situation. That's obvious. Has anyone said differently?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #212 on: May 08, 2019, 08:29:46 PM »
Just asking the question Lenny....just asking the question....and pointing out that there are others that did play for him who support the decision just as there are many fans that do....and yes, those that do not.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #213 on: May 08, 2019, 08:30:34 PM »
You really think they would say something negative about it in public??

What is stopping them from saying nothing at all?  Especially transfer players that only played one year here.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #214 on: May 08, 2019, 08:39:02 PM »
What is stopping them from saying nothing at all?  Especially transfer players that only played one year here.

I love how you twist things to fit your narrative...you seem to think it's a big deal that former players support Wojo's extension(or at least have said they do), because that's what you want to hear...so to you, that somehow proves the majority are for it, yet...when someone cited the negative comments on twitter, you took them to task, saying that isn't the "majority". You're a real piece of....

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #215 on: May 08, 2019, 08:45:44 PM »
I think this is fair. I don't think any MU fans totally shrugged off our late season collapse.

The other fair side of this same coin is that zero Marquette fans are rooting for the Warriors to lose because they don't think Wojo is the answer as a coach.

Let's agree that the nonsense from both sides should stop.

There are many who have stated they want MU to be good next year so Wojo is poached by another program. That tells me it isn’t about performance or the product or how he coaches, it is because he is the gritty PG from Duke who is too straight laced. If Wojo takes us on a deep tournament run, why would you want another program to poach him?  To that audience it doesn’t matter how he performs they will always point to the negative and find a reason for underperformance.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #216 on: May 08, 2019, 08:45:48 PM »
I love how you twist things to fit your narrative...you seem to think it's a big deal that former players support Wojo's extension(or at least have said they do), because that's what you want to hear...so to you, that somehow proves the majority are for it, yet...when someone cited the negative comments on twitter, you took them to task, saying that isn't the "majority". You're a real piece of....

Dude. You need to chill bud. If someone doesn’t agree with you, you’re angry. If someone says something you don’t agree with you immediately find the negative and attack it.

Eat a snickers.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #217 on: May 08, 2019, 08:56:10 PM »

Not sure why you are making it personal.  I can only work with the responses we have.  I took them to task because of the absurdity of their claim and I was not alone.  The person ignored the overwhelming number of likes for the announcement and further cannot discern how many people didn’t bother to say anything at all. It wasn’t a poll.  God bless you Guru

muguru

• All American
« Reply #218 on: May 08, 2019, 09:12:06 PM »
Not sure why you are making it personal.  I can only work with the responses we have.  I took them to task because of the absurdity of their claim and I was not alone.  The person ignored the overwhelming number of likes for the announcement and further cannot discern how many people didn’t bother to say anything at all. It wasn’t a poll.  God bless you Guru

You ignored the overwhelming number of negative comments that  the poster cited were given as well..didn't you?? See, that's the thing with you Chicos...you want everything to be about you, your holier than thou attitude is what people dislike about you. You ALWAYS think you're right, and better then everyone else. You aren't afraid to admit it in a roundabout way either. You the man...you do you.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #219 on: May 08, 2019, 09:17:58 PM »
Funny how triggered some people are over a contract extension that means virtually nothing.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #220 on: May 08, 2019, 09:19:44 PM »
This has been quite a thread.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #221 on: May 08, 2019, 09:21:35 PM »
It’s unbelievable. Chico’s must have posted 200 posts the last few days.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #222 on: May 08, 2019, 09:23:21 PM »
There are many who have stated they want MU to be good next year so Wojo is poached by another program. That tells me it isn’t about performance or the product or how he coaches, it is because he is the gritty PG from Duke who is too straight laced. If Wojo takes us on a deep tournament run, why would you want another program to poach him?  To that audience it doesn’t matter how he performs they will always point to the negative and find a reason for underperformance.

You may find it odd that some fans want Wojo to succeed so that other programs would try to poach him (I find it a bit odd myself) but that's not the same thing as fans rooting against MU so that Wojo is fired. That's the house where nobody lives.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #223 on: May 08, 2019, 09:24:01 PM »
You ignored the overwhelming number of negative comments that  the poster cited were given as well..didn't you?? See, that's the thing with you Chicos...you want everything to be about you, your holier than thou attitude is what people dislike about you. You ALWAYS think you're right, and better then everyone else. You aren't afraid to admit it in a roundabout way either. You the man...you do you.

I am wrong a bunch, hope that helps to clarify things for you.

No, I didn’t ignore the negative comments, I and others pointed out that there were far more likes then any negative comments....them is the facts.  That just make me right in this situation,and the others that stated the same.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #224 on: May 08, 2019, 09:25:42 PM »
You may find it odd that some fans want Wojo to succeed so that other programs would try to poach him (I find it a bit odd myself) but that's not the same thing as fans rooting against MU so that Wojo is fired. That's the house where nobody lives.

Nobody’s?  Just as there weren’t Packer fans that actively cheered for Green Bay to lose so McCarthy got fired.  You sure you want to go with NOBODY....social media is a treasure trove of people saying all kinds of fun things that disprove the nobody statement.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 09:45:50 PM by Cheeks »