[Today at 11:00:11 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by MU82
[Today at 07:00:36 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: wojo extended for 5 years  (Read 33158 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: wojo extended for 5 years
« Reply #225 on: May 08, 2019, 09:31:16 PM »
It’s unbelievable. Chico’s must have posted 200 posts the last few days.

59...then you have to add Billy’s, WarriorDad’s, And whomever else I M currently accused of being....so 200 might be correct.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #226 on: May 08, 2019, 09:35:22 PM »
Nobody’s?  Just as there weren’t Packer fans that actively cheerplayed d for Green Bay to lose so McCarthy got fired.  You sure you want to go with NOBODY....social media is a treasure trove of people saying all kinds of fun things that disprove nobody statement.

As you pointed out on a different subject, it's impossible to prove a negative. But IF, and it's a big if, there is someone or a handful of someones out there cheering for our opponents so Wojo gets fired it is SO rare that bringing it up in any legitimate discussion on Scoop is a red herring.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #227 on: May 08, 2019, 10:46:00 PM »
You really think they would say something negative about it in public??

Again, people.can just not say anything

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #228 on: May 08, 2019, 10:58:11 PM »
I haven’t talked to a single person that voted for one person in 2016 that knows someone that voted for the other person....yet somehow millions of votes went to both sides.  Imagine that....people run in bubbles and communicate in likeminded ways.

Well now you know at least 1. Well I don't know if posting on the same message board is knowing someone, but I know plenty of people who voted opposite of me.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #229 on: May 08, 2019, 10:58:46 PM »
Or maybe they like the guy. Jeez why are people so negative about the most inconsequential things.

Please read my first sentence - exactly what I said.

hdog1017

• Team Captain
« Reply #230 on: May 08, 2019, 11:01:03 PM »
This guy is the worst coach in the history of the program

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #231 on: May 08, 2019, 11:10:38 PM »
As you pointed out on a different subject, it's impossible to prove a negative. But IF, and it's a big if, there is someone or a handful of someones out there cheering for our opponents so Wojo gets fired it is SO rare that bringing it up in any legitimate discussion on Scoop is a red herring.

I would wager (though not provable) that there are plenty on this board who want Wojo to fail to prove they were right. The only thing preventing them from actually saying it or cheering for it is they are MU basketball fans. 

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #232 on: May 08, 2019, 11:31:24 PM »
I would wager (though not provable) that there are plenty on this board who want Wojo to fail to prove they were right. The only thing preventing them from actually saying it or cheering for it is they are MU basketball fans.

They will all reveal themselves eventually.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #233 on: May 09, 2019, 06:52:35 AM »
This guy is the worst coach in the history of the program
Nope
Goal is National Championship

MU82

• All American
« Reply #234 on: May 09, 2019, 07:55:37 AM »
They will all reveal themselves eventually.

It wouldn't stun me if there were a few who hate Wojo so much that they end up taking satisfaction in losses they can blame Wojo for.

But if you are going to make direct charges that you know some Scoopers who are rooting against Marquette, either name them or shut the eff up. You are Mr. Look Up Past Posts. Show some effen evidence. Stating something dozens of times isn't evidence.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #235 on: May 09, 2019, 08:09:42 AM »
It wouldn't stun me if there were a few who hate Wojo so much that they end up taking satisfaction in losses they can blame Wojo for.

But if you are going to make direct charges that you know some Scoopers who are rooting against Marquette, either name them or shut the eff up. You are Mr. Look Up Past Posts. Show some effen evidence.
Stating something dozens of times isn't evidence.ting something dozens of times isn't evidence.

Evidence hell! It's proof. There is one guy on Twitter every single day who proves he's speaking the truth by repeating his claims over and over and over again.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #236 on: May 09, 2019, 08:37:10 AM »
Well now you know at least 1. Well I don't know if posting on the same message board is knowing someone, but I know plenty of people who voted opposite of me.

Make that 2. Include my circle of friends and you can add about 100.

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #237 on: May 09, 2019, 08:45:33 AM »
I haven’t talked to a single person that voted for one person in 2016 that knows someone that voted for the other person....yet somehow millions of votes went to both sides.  Imagine that....people run in bubbles and communicate in likeminded ways.

Politics

You're being wildly hyperbolic or you keep a VERY tight circle of people you know.

FWIW, I tend to agree with most of what you say on here. *ducks*

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #238 on: May 09, 2019, 09:24:14 AM »

But if you are going to make direct charges that you know some Scoopers who are rooting against Marquette, either name them or shut the eff up. You are Mr. Look Up Past Posts. Show some effen evidence. Stating something dozens of times isn't evidence.

Show me where I said scoopers did this.  Never did....purposefully.  I said some MU fans, which last I checked most are not on Scoop.  Now, do I believe for a second some also are on Scoop hoping we lose so they get their validation of the coach they hate based ...you’re damn right I do.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #239 on: May 09, 2019, 09:32:15 AM »
Show me where I said scoopers did this.  Never did....purposefully.  I said some MU fans, which last I checked most are not on Scoop.  Now, do I believe for a second some also are on Scoop hoping we lose so they get their validation of the coach they hate based ...you’re damn right I do.

So some MU fans, but not Scoopers...but damn right some Scoopers too! Evidence of either? Zero.

Sounds like someone projecting...let's return for a minute to those glorious Buzz years. LOL
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 09:34:06 AM by Lennys Tap »

Small Orange Soda

• Team Captain
« Reply #240 on: May 09, 2019, 09:32:45 AM »

Statements like this really only serve two purposes:

1.  It moves the conversation away from Wojo's job performance to some "I'm a better fan" d*ck measuring contest.

2.  Begins to build a narrative that if Wojo doesn't succeed, it's because the fanbase didn't support him.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #241 on: May 09, 2019, 09:36:23 AM »
Statements like this really only serve two purposes:

1.  It moves the conversation away from Wojo's job performance to some "I'm a better fan" d*ck measuring contest.

2.  Begins to build a narrative that if Wojo doesn't succeed, it's because the fanbase didn't support him.

Well that and he's correct.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Small Orange Soda

• Team Captain
« Reply #242 on: May 09, 2019, 09:46:07 AM »

I would wager (though not provable) that there are fans who think Wojo deserves a 10 year extension.  What's it matter though?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #243 on: May 09, 2019, 10:49:02 AM »

Evidence of any of it, please.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #244 on: May 09, 2019, 11:27:12 AM »
So some MU fans, but not Scoopers...but damn right some Scoopers too! Evidence of either? Zero.

Sounds like someone projecting...let's return for a minute to those glorious Buzz years. LOL

LOL...Buzz is gone and you don’t know the half of it.

At any rate, i’ll Invite you to do a little searching on the social sites and you can prove yourself wrong about some MU fans wanting us to lose so he gets fired.  It will be a good exercise in social media for those that don’t fit the demo....you can learn how to navigate.  If you want some bread crumbs in hints to help you, I am here for you.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #245 on: May 09, 2019, 11:27:27 AM »

Correct about what? That true Marquette fans are rooting for Marquette to fail so they can play the I told you so game? Where the hell do some of you come up with this nonsense? lmao
No Finish Line

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #246 on: May 09, 2019, 11:29:24 AM »
Correct about what? That true Marquette fans are rooting for Marquette to fail so they can play the I told you so game? Where the hell do some of you come up with this nonsense? lmao

I am absolutely convinced that some people would prefer a terrible season to another season of *marginal* improvement because they think it would mean Wojo would be fired. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #247 on: May 09, 2019, 11:30:50 AM »

I am absolutely convinced that some people would prefer a terrible season to another season of *marginal* improvement because they think it would mean Wojo would be fired.

So in a theoretical world, playing the game what would you choose equates to actively cheering against your team?

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #248 on: May 09, 2019, 12:17:45 PM »
Wojo and company will nice seats at the Bucks game last night.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #249 on: May 09, 2019, 12:25:39 PM »
Yep, and had a chit eatin' grin on this kisser da 'hole nite two. Had obvious man luv goin' on four Irving and Tatum ass well. Any y'all no da couple of old farts chewin' his ear off were, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"