[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Outsiders View Of Hausers Transfer  (Read 124911 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Outsiders View Of Hausers Transfer
« Reply #225 on: May 03, 2019, 04:45:29 PM »
this kinda bruises the hauser's(joey in particular) reputation.  how does a prospective teammate interpret this?  can't give joey any criticism?  is he difficult to coach?  also makes one wonder what the herro thing was about.  i dunno man.  i wish them well, but this creates more questions than it answers.  until or unless someone with the hausers best interest at heart,  if not the hausers themselves, come out and say, this is what happened, info is going to come out in dribs.  some accurate, some not so

this also makes sam(rightly so!!) look like a great brother and family first guy with the incredible foresight of sacrificing his potential legacy at MU for the rest of his life with an intact family. 
don't...don't don't don't don't

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #226 on: May 03, 2019, 06:41:35 PM »
If the 247 account of the story is true and they wind up at Bucky, the student section should all wear pajamas with footies with pacifiers for that 2020 Wisconsin game in honor of Joey.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #227 on: May 03, 2019, 07:06:47 PM »
If the 247 account of the story is true and they wind up at Bucky, the student section should all wear pajamas with footies with pacifiers for that 2020 Wisconsin game in honor of Joey.

and bring rubber/stuffed snakes.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #228 on: May 03, 2019, 08:21:12 PM »
Each side had its reasons for acting the way they did. But I do give both sides credit for trying to move forward without getting caught up in the blame game (except, possibly, for the leak about The Letter).

I haven't read negative comments from Joey, Sam or their parents about the Marquette coaches or program. Wojo, Markus and the rest of the team haven't had anything negative to say about the Hausers. Think that's ultimately the best approach.

+1

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #229 on: May 03, 2019, 08:35:47 PM »
Have a grape soda
With the BS Wojo is accountable at season's end, grape soda won't do. More appropriate: Bourbon.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #230 on: May 03, 2019, 08:48:30 PM »
If true, Joey sounds like a whiny, selfish baby.
And Wojo sounds to be incompetent. If this trouble started brewing in Feb., then Wojo should have gotten at least Joey and Markus together to straighten this out. Much could happen in a come to Jesus meeting with the principle parties. An intervention was in order. And that is on Wojo.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #231 on: May 03, 2019, 09:00:33 PM »
And Wojo sounds to be incompetent. If this trouble started brewing in Feb., then Wojo should have gotten at least Joey and Markus together to straighten this out. Much could happen in a come to Jesus meeting with the principle parties. An intervention was in order. And that is on Wojo.
Or. Maybe the staff did.meet.with Joey, since Markus didnt.do anything wrong, and he still pouted?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #232 on: May 03, 2019, 09:31:29 PM »

with all due respect willie, if the story is true, markus was trying to be a leader and doesn't sound like he said anything that off putting.      whether markus was right or wrong, joey needs to earn his stripes and respect.  he goes onto another team with this attitude, he's going to struggle.   

WarriorHal

• All American
« Reply #233 on: May 03, 2019, 11:00:44 PM »
So the Hauser brothers, at the urging of mommy and daddy, wrote Wojo a letter complaining that Markus was being mean to Joey.

Can you imagine players doing that when Al McGuire was the coach :) I think he would have handled it in about two seconds, like he did with Bernard Toone.

Players act like babies now. They can’t take criticism. I blame Wojo because he’s the coach and should be able to solve this. He has players transferring every year. But that’s not just a problem at Marquette.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #234 on: May 03, 2019, 11:04:35 PM »
So the Hauser brothers, at the urging of mommy and daddy, wrote Wojo a letter complaining that Markus was being mean to Joey.

Can you imagine players doing that when Al McGuire was the coach :) I think he would have handled it in about two seconds, like he did with Bernard Toone.

Players act like babies now. They can’t take criticism. I blame Wojo because he’s the coach and should be able to solve this. He has players transferring every year. But that’s not just a problem at Marquette.

Players transferred under Buzz, Crean, Wojo....the way it goes today.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #235 on: May 03, 2019, 11:57:54 PM »

so which player(s) should wojo have kicked the schnit out of hal?

WarriorHal

• All American
« Reply #236 on: May 04, 2019, 12:41:20 AM »
so which player(s) should wojo have kicked the schnit out of hal?

Hmmm  :-\ Sounds like Joey needed the attitude adjustment. But I suppose in this PC environment, that would be frowned upon.

Let em go, bring in a few new bodies like Hoiberg is doing at Nebraska, and win next season with guys that want to be here and don't respond to getting their butts chewed out with tears.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #237 on: May 04, 2019, 07:04:30 AM »
  i like(ed) the hausers ok, but something doesn't smell right here.  MU has sam and markus for 3 years.  anyone hear of any discord during those 3 years?  sams bro, joey comes in and schnit hits the fan because a captain tells joey he's got to get a little tougher or whatever.  joey's feelings get hurt and he wants to take his ball and go to UW?  sam says, damn it joey, you're my bro and my family is important to me...and my girl is there too.   awwwwww, what the hell.   

yes wojo needs to do better,  but it sounds like unless he gets rid of markus, joey ain't gonna play nice.  so who was the one who said if herro comes to MU, we ain't coming?  ok, question for ya'll-who had the better year?  joey or herro? did markus demand MU not covet herro?

come on you guys, the hausers are good ole wholesome, decent wisconsin people, but it sounds like the youngster needs to earn some respect as opposed to demanding it.  show us a little more and maybe then you can demand more of others.  it's called a leader.  that ain't appointed

i had this new employee who rubbed some of my others the wrong way right off the bat.  we gave her some space figuring we could work with her and eventually she would get with the program.  well after a few weeks, she was balking at doing some basic things, showing an attitude to the others who have been with me for 8-10 years.  now understand, we went thru a real rough patch going thru a few of these over the previous 6 months, trying to replace an employee of 33 years, so the new one(s) seemed so much better than the previous attempts even though she was still lacking in other areas.  we  figured we could work with this one and she would eventually grow into our system.  WRONG

she gave me her "12 day notice" yes 12 days, and what does the boss(head coach)do?  i let her go.  i was not going to disrupt my tenured employees to appease one who was a little inadequate in some areas and refused to acclimate. 

during the 12 days however, she tried to negotiate her way back in. i was already doing working interviews with others.   quitting on her terms was not only a blessing, but avoiding unemployment was a double bonus, count the basket and one :D   btw, the newbie is an open book and a breath of fresh air for all...just saying...so far

taking wojo's actions at face value-could he have forced the issue?  what?  demand that joey and markus(and sam) play nice? make markus apologize to joey?  bench markus? give joey(and sam) the black armband?  what about the rest of the team?  don't forget, we are talking about a top 5(at least) ncaa POY and a freshman who's a little wet behind the ears yet 

if one has lost all faith in wojo-his decision and how he handled this is never going to be the right one.  at face value, it was a real beetch.  just trying to be the voice of reason here

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #238 on: May 04, 2019, 07:22:53 AM »
The heart of the matter is Wojo's ability to lead a high major program.  It appears MU is not convinced he can since he is not getting an extension. I truly hope he earns one next season. His recruiting ability is no doubt compromised by his contract situation.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #239 on: May 04, 2019, 07:24:40 AM »
Do we know he's not getting an extension?  We just know one hasn't been announced...yet.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #240 on: May 04, 2019, 10:08:32 AM »
  i like(ed) the hausers ok, but something doesn't smell right here.  MU has sam and markus for 3 years.  anyone hear of any discord during those 3 years?  sams bro, joey comes in and schnit hits the fan because a captain tells joey he's got to get a little tougher or whatever.  joey's feelings get hurt and he wants to take his ball and go to UW?  sam says, damn it joey, you're my bro and my family is important to me...and my girl is there too.   awwwwww, what the hell.   

yes wojo needs to do better,  but it sounds like unless he gets rid of markus, joey ain't gonna play nice.  so who was the one who said if herro comes to MU, we ain't coming?  ok, question for ya'll-who had the better year?  joey or herro? did markus demand MU not covet herro?

come on you guys, the hausers are good ole wholesome, decent wisconsin people, but it sounds like the youngster needs to earn some respect as opposed to demanding it.  show us a little more and maybe then you can demand more of others.  it's called a leader.  that ain't appointed

i had this new employee who rubbed some of my others the wrong way right off the bat.  we gave her some space figuring we could work with her and eventually she would get with the program.  well after a few weeks, she was balking at doing some basic things, showing an attitude to the others who have been with me for 8-10 years.  now understand, we went thru a real rough patch going thru a few of these over the previous 6 months, trying to replace an employee of 33 years, so the new one(s) seemed so much better than the previous attempts even though she was still lacking in other areas.  we  figured we could work with this one and she would eventually grow into our system.  WRONG

she gave me her "12 day notice" yes 12 days, and what does the boss(head coach)do?  i let her go.  i was not going to disrupt my tenured employees to appease one who was a little inadequate in some areas and refused to acclimate. 

during the 12 days however, she tried to negotiate her way back in. i was already doing working interviews with others.   quitting on her terms was not only a blessing, but avoiding unemployment was a double bonus, count the basket and one :D   btw, the newbie is an open book and a breath of fresh air for all...just saying...so far

taking wojo's actions at face value-could he have forced the issue?  what?  demand that joey and markus(and sam) play nice? make markus apologize to joey?  bench markus? give joey(and sam) the black armband?  what about the rest of the team?  don't forget, we are talking about a top 5(at least) ncaa POY and a freshman who's a little wet behind the ears yet 

if one has lost all faith in wojo-his decision and how he handled this is never going to be the right one.  at face value, it was a real beetch.  just trying to be the voice of reason here

Well said.  Totally plausible.  Joey having UW as his first choice but with Sam being here.  Then when not getting what they want, packing their ball and leaving.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #241 on: May 04, 2019, 10:13:29 AM »
Do we know he's not getting an extension?  We just know one hasn't been announced...yet.
Why in the world would MU do that? Is Wojo on double secret extension?
MU AD: "Here's an extension Wojo but don't tell a soul. We don't want anyone knowing we support you."

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #242 on: May 04, 2019, 10:14:39 AM »
Wojo kneeded ta squelch ta pissin' match befour it goy ta bee a flood, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #243 on: May 04, 2019, 10:36:54 AM »
Wojo kneeded ta squelch ta pissin' match befour it goy ta bee a flood, hey?

He got it wrong. It happens.

First time through the ringer with a team that had legit title aspirations and he stumbled. It's called a learning experience. He'll know next time not to indulge a malcontent.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #244 on: May 04, 2019, 10:52:24 AM »

First time through the ringer with a team that had legit title aspirations and he stumbled. It's called a learning experience. He'll know next time not to indulge a malcontent.

That’s a pretty big screw up for a guy who’s already been on the job five years and had coached at a Duke program that had “legit title aspirations” every year he was an assistant there with bigger egos to manage than the ones at Marquette.

We had a once-in-a-decade type of roster coming back next year.  Now we’re not even being predicted to finish in the top half of the conference.  It’s Wojo’s job to keep the team together, and this was a massive fail on his part.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #245 on: May 04, 2019, 11:07:01 AM »

What are you saying. That is the new story is true, he shouldn't have indulged Joey at all, and benched him or kicked him off the team? Guess what...same outcome.

Wojo handled this exactly in the same way as just about every other major coach would have. Sometimes the only outcome is for one person to go.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #246 on: May 04, 2019, 11:09:55 AM »
We had a once-in-a-decade type of roster coming back next year.  Now we’re not even being predicted to finish in the top half of the conference.

Translation: One poll from ESPN has us lumped in with two other Big East schools in the "next 5 out" in their way too early top 25 so that one poll is projecting us anywhere between 4th and 6th and the team in 3rd is ranked 24th so we're right behind them as well.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #247 on: May 04, 2019, 11:13:16 AM »
What are you saying. That is the new story is true, he shouldn't have indulged Joey at all, and benched him or kicked him off the team? Guess what...same outcome.

Wojo handled this exactly in the same way as just about every other major coach would have. Sometimes the only outcome is for one person to go.

I wouldn't see this is 100% true. It's possible another coach could have figured out how to squelch this issue and get the two sides to play together. We don't know, all we know is that Wojo and his staff couldn't. Personally, I questioned how long of a leash Joey had despite poor defense. I wonder if that caused any ruffled feathers in the locker room.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #248 on: May 04, 2019, 11:22:22 AM »
I wouldn't see this is 100% true. It's possible another coach could have figured out how to squelch this issue and get the two sides to play together. We don't know, all we know is that Wojo and his staff couldn't. Personally, I questioned how long of a leash Joey had despite poor defense. I wonder if that caused any ruffled feathers in the locker room.

No one looks good in either iteration of these stories—but in particular I agree that it reflects poorly on the coaches.  A good portion of being a success is keeping the peace/managing egos in b-ball. 
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 11:45:53 AM by Frenns Liquor Depot »

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #249 on: May 04, 2019, 11:24:22 AM »

Didn't mean to imply it was 100% true. I do think thought, that if this story is true, the only coaches that would have been able to get them all back on board, would be an established coach, e.g. 15-20 years head coach experience at that school. Where it would be hard to challenge their credibility.

I think you may be right though on how the long leash affected people. Again if the new story is true. It likely explains why there were more rumors about people leaving. My guess some like Bailey/Anim, maybe Cain or Elliott would have left if Markus was gone and Joey stayed.

feedback