Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Outsiders View Of Hausers Transfer  (Read 124779 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Outsiders View Of Hausers Transfer
« Reply #150 on: April 27, 2019, 10:22:37 PM »
Forgetful (and others) said that the reason Sam's ORtg was so much higher than Markus's down the stretch was that Markus had primary ball handling responsibilities. The suggestion was that Sam's ORtg would plummet if he had similar responsibilities.

My point was "Based on what?" In the only game in which that occurred this year Sam's ORtg (and other numbers) were off the charts and we won a road game - so the only empirical evidence we have doesn't support Forgetful's  opinion. In fact, it's in direct opposition to it.

Thanks for the explanation, Lenny, and I now understand your point better.

I also hope you understand mine: Sam had LOTS of great games playing alongside Markus. He didn't need to get rid of Markus to continue to have lots of great games.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #151 on: April 28, 2019, 09:26:12 AM »
I've said all along that nothing unusual happened in one of the Hausers wanting to transfer. Happens all the time. The only unusual thing was that there was a pair of brothers and the other went along with the transfer. Stuff happens. Next man up.
We Are Marquette

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #152 on: April 28, 2019, 09:53:53 AM »
Georgetown was injured and in the middle of a losing streak.  MU looked like crap in that game but scored just enuff points to beat a very bad Gearhtown team.  Now georgetown got a lot better and healthier.  But that night Georgetown was really bad And and we were just a hair less horrible that night.
Now if Sam wants all the shots on a team that struggles to beat a bad team then maybe he should look at the Hozon league

Nobody was injured on Georgetown. Their top 6 players played about the same minutes in both games against us - except for their best player (Govan) who played 33 minutes when we beat them at their place and only 20 when they beat us at ours.

Typical Sand Knit post - wrong on the facts, long on irrational hatred.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #153 on: April 28, 2019, 09:54:12 AM »
I've said all along that nothing unusual happened in one of the Hausers wanting to transfer. Happens all the time. The only unusual thing was that there was a pair of brothers and the other went along with the transfer. Stuff happens. Next man up.
Actually, Sam's transfer (non-grad) is highly unusual.  Rare to  see a high major senior-to-be transfer after averaging 15.1 ppg &  7.2 rpg   in 33+ mpg coming off an NCAA appearance.   

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #154 on: April 28, 2019, 10:02:19 AM »
Forgetful (and others) said that the reason Sam's ORtg was so much higher than Markus's down the stretch was that Markus had primary ball handling responsibilities. The suggestion was that Sam's ORtg would plummet if he had similar responsibilities.

My point was "Based on what?" In the only game in which that occurred this year Sam's ORtg (and other numbers) were off the charts and we won a road game - so the only empirical evidence we have doesn't support Forgetful's  opinion. In fact, it's in direct opposition to it.

Sam and Sacar shared ballhandling duties that game. And thirtysome minutes against a single opponent is the very definition of "too small sample size."
Sam was great in the game and all, but it's silly to make sweeping judgements based on less than one game, don't you think?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #155 on: April 28, 2019, 10:03:19 AM »
I agree with this analysis

Please show where Sam was pressured....he wasn’t.  Georgetown didn’t pressure him in any meaningful way in that game.  We also had Anim bring up the ball.   I’d like to see evidence of Lenny’s claims here.  I have the game on DVR, maybe wii rewatch today.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #156 on: April 28, 2019, 10:48:27 AM »

Please show where Sam was pressured....he wasn’t.  Georgetown didn’t pressure him in any meaningful way in that game.  We also had Anim bring up the ball.   I’d like to see evidence of Lenny’s claims here.  I have the game on DVR, maybe wii rewatch today.
If you rewatch please give a summary. If I remember correctly , Brendan has a solid game as well.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #157 on: April 28, 2019, 11:34:33 AM »

Yup, that was a point of discussion after that game.  Weird that Ewing did not pressure the ball at all.  MU just set up in it’s half court offense.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #158 on: April 28, 2019, 11:44:07 AM »
Yup, that was a point of discussion after that game.  Weird that Ewing did not pressure the ball at all.  MU just set up in it’s half court offense.

Exactly....maybe Lenny watched a different game as most of us were stunned Ewing didn’t pressure us.

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #159 on: April 28, 2019, 01:41:03 PM »
Sam and Sacar shared ballhandling duties that game. And thirtysome minutes against a single opponent is the very definition of "too small sample size."
Sam was great in the game and all, but it's silly to make sweeping judgements based on less than one game, don't you think?

I'm not making any sweeping judgements based off of one game. Who knows if Sam would have kept his efg% and ORtg off the charts high had he been asked to play point forward in other games? Forgetful said that both would go down if Sam had to handle the ball more. He has zero evidence to back up his claim. The only evidence we have refutes it. But small sample for sure.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #160 on: April 28, 2019, 01:44:40 PM »
I'm not making any sweeping judgements based off of one game. Who knows if Sam would have kept his efg% and ORtg off the charts high had he been asked to play point forward in other games? Forgetful said that both would go down if Sam had to handle the ball more. He has zero evidence to back up his claim. The only evidence we have refutes it. But small sample for sure.
Small sample size but over the years we have seen snippets of Sam handling the ball well. I am very confident in his ability to run a collegiate offense if called upon to do so. My sense is in his year off he will be working hard on developing a great handle.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #161 on: April 28, 2019, 01:58:01 PM »
 ND sucks

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #162 on: April 28, 2019, 01:59:02 PM »
Goal is National Championship

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #163 on: April 29, 2019, 08:30:30 AM »

Rewatched the GTown game on DVR, where do you get the idea Hauser was pressured?

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #164 on: April 29, 2019, 09:19:42 AM »
I was at the game. What pressure?

To me personally, it was the highpoint of the season because I believed afterwards that we had a Plan B in case Markus was injured, having an off game or in serious foul trouble. The Hoyas became the Sharks and smelled blood in the water. Sam was calm and cool. Akinjo was my favorite player of the game though- I loved how he ignored Ewing's instructions and decided to play hero ball by driving into Theo on Gtown's final possesion. :)
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #165 on: April 29, 2019, 09:35:14 AM »

To me personally, it was the highpoint of the season because I believed afterwards that we had a Plan B in case Markus was injured, having an off game or in serious foul trouble. The Hoyas became the Sharks and smelled blood in the water. Sam was calm and cool. Akinjo was my favorite player of the game though- I loved how he ignored Ewing's instructions and decided to play hero ball by driving into Theo on Gtown's final possesion. :)

He made up for it by dropping his nuts over our collective Fiserv Forum heads and denying Marquette a share of the title.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #166 on: April 29, 2019, 09:46:14 AM »
He made up for it by dropping his nuts over our collective Fiserv Forum heads and denying Marquette a share of the title.

That's why he was my favorite Gtown for just that one game. He and the other Gtown frosh are going to be PIA's for 3 more years.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

GoldenEagle323

• Team Captain
« Reply #167 on: April 30, 2019, 07:55:35 AM »
Hausers will be going to Virginia

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #168 on: April 30, 2019, 08:01:45 AM »

Yes on the weekend of May 17-19

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #169 on: April 30, 2019, 08:59:59 AM »
Good news thanks for sharing!
No Finish Line

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #170 on: April 30, 2019, 09:04:04 AM »

are ya sure 'bout that?  or is this just a shot in the dark?
don't...don't don't don't don't

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #171 on: April 30, 2019, 09:17:28 AM »

There was none...I don’t expect Lenny to explain or correct either.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #172 on: April 30, 2019, 09:32:17 AM »

I'd love to be able to back you up on this, but nothing has been decided yet.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #173 on: April 30, 2019, 09:43:36 AM »
Pretty sure Vegas Sports Book will take wagers on dis topic, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GoldenEagle323

• Team Captain
« Reply #174 on: April 30, 2019, 09:46:20 AM »
are ya sure 'bout that?  or is this just a shot in the dark?
Almost sure