Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: What is Wojo's pitch?  (Read 8494 times)

WhiteTrash

• All American
What is Wojo's pitch?
« on: April 20, 2019, 08:30:31 PM »
Wojo is recruiting guys to be at MU past his contract. So how does he spin it? MU has not bought in on him. Should recruits?

MUUWUWM

• All American
Re: What is Wojo's pitch?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 09:05:30 PM »
And you know this to be true? Doubt it.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 09:08:17 PM »
He can have a big recruiting year coming up, is on on lots of players, let’s see how Wojo does. Can sell an All American right now on campus.  Still lots to sell.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 09:20:11 PM »
Yep 2nd place BE finish, rising program, coming off an NCaa bid, and should have a top 20 team next year.  The only ones negative on MU are the Aholes on this board!!
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2019, 09:24:51 PM »
I’d go fastball-curve-fastball.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2019, 09:25:43 PM »
He can also say

“Hey wanna see bucks and other pro players weekly?”

muguru

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2019, 09:34:27 PM »
Yep 2nd place BE finish, rising program, coming off an NCaa bid, and should have a top 20 team next year.  The only ones negative on MU are the Aholes on this board!!

Wow! HUGE HUGE accomplishments for a 5th year Coach at MU...Better then Crean or Buzz did after 5 years...oh...wait. A 2nd place BE finish?? Wow! hang a banner! An NCAA bid?? Hang another banner. Top 20 team??(was going to be possibly top 5 before he lost two of his top 3 players) Hang two banners for that. Programs in great GREAT shape under his leadership...Hell, they are right on the cusp of becoming elite under him...I'm sold!
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2019, 09:38:55 PM »
Depends - based on the only 2 viewpoints on this board:

1)   Come join me for my farewell season...

or

2)  Marshmellow types need not apply...

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2019, 09:42:23 PM »
Wow! HUGE HUGE accomplishments for a 5th year Coach at MU...Better then Crean or Buzz did after 5 years...oh...wait. A 2nd place BE finish?? Wow! hang a banner! An NCAA bid?? Hang another banner. Top 20 team??(was going to be possibly top 5 before he lost two of his top 3 players) Hang two banners for that. Programs in great GREAT shape under his leadership...Hell, they are right on the cusp of becoming elite under him...I'm sold!
You are destined fo be a miserable sh!t forever.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2019, 09:54:53 PM »

Seems Like this would be a honestly perplexing answer for the posters not in Wojo's corner.  Or is this another coin with 2 much difference sides.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2019, 09:58:10 PM »
You are destined fo be a miserable sh!t forever.

Agreed muguru is pathetic.  And while this past year is not comparable to the season UVa had its still a top 20 season when compared to the other approx. 350 teams in D1 basketball and that is how recruits are looking at it.  Thankfully they are not looking at it that MU sucks because someone transferred and they didnt win the title like muguru does. 99.9% of the country sees Mu maybe having a disappointing end but for the most part an outstanding season.
Lastly, imma guarantee years 5 & 6 for Wojo are far bEtter than they were for Crean.  Mu guru had to be losing his mind during years 5 n 6 for Crean.  Some bad years indeed at MU

muguru

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2019, 10:14:01 PM »
Agreed muguru is pathetic.  And while this past year is not comparable to the season UVa had its still a top 20 season when compared to the other approx. 350 teams in D1 basketball and that is how recruits are looking at it.  Thankfully they are not looking at it that MU sucks because someone transferred and they didnt win the title like muguru does. 99.9% of the country sees Mu maybe having a disappointing end but for the most part an outstanding season.
Lastly, imma guarantee years 5 & 6 for Wojo are far bEtter than they were for Crean.  Mu guru had to be losing his mind during years 5 n 6 for Crean.  Some bad years indeed at MU

I'm pathetic?? Okay, I will ask you a question sand knit, and here's the deal...If you get the answer correct, AND tell me if Wojo's 5 years have been better then Crean's or Buzz's first five years.. You will NEVER have to put up with my "patheticness" on this board ever again. Deal?? It's not an opinion question, it's a FACT based question that requires a simple yes or no answer. No more, no less. Which Coach is Wojo??

A. 102-53- 2 NCAA's, a conference title a final Four, 2 NIT berths

B. 114-54- 5 NCAA's, a conference title, two sweet16's, Elite 8

C. 97-69- 2 NCAA's, NIT

Good luck!

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2019, 10:18:51 PM »
U said after 5 years.  After 5 years Creans orogram was trash with dameon mason, niv berkowitz, and a slew of others.  Nit flameouts.

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2019, 10:30:42 PM »

Yup.  Recruits love 0 NCAA wins since you took over.  Wojo apologist. ☝️

MU82

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2019, 10:34:04 PM »
Yup.  Recruits love 0 NCAA wins since you took over.  Wojo apologist. ☝️

Recruits love playing time. Recruits love a showcase. Recruits love the coaching giving them the "green light." Recruits love certain assistant coaches and teammates.

Recruits love all kinds of things that aren't NCAA wins. But yes, many recruits love a program that can win NCAA games, too.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2019, 10:41:06 PM »
Recruits love playing time. Recruits love a showcase. Recruits love the coaching giving them the "green light." Recruits love certain assistant coaches and teammates.

Recruits love all kinds of things that aren't NCAA wins. But yes, many recruits love a program that can win NCAA games, too.

Do recruits also like when they read about internal team chaos and the fact that your 2nd and 3rd leading scorers are leaving because of it?   I’m asking for a friend.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2019, 10:45:29 PM »
U said after 5 years.  After 5 years Creans orogram was trash with dameon mason, niv berkowitz, and a slew of others.  Nit flameouts.

Good job following instructions and answering the question yes or no...To help you out, i listed the 3 coaches A, B & C. Their overall records after 5 years, and their notable accomplishments within that 5 year time frame. Now, I don't think you're dumb...I'm pretty sure, you are just avoiding the obvious, because you're a Wojo apologist. I will ask it one more time...Have Wojo's accomplishments after 5 years been as impressive, less impressive, or more impressive as Crean's and Buzz's were?? We are basing this on ONLY the data I gave you above, overall record, post season accomplishments, and other notable accomplishments. What's your answer??

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2019, 10:49:38 PM »
Good job following instructions and answering the question yes or no...To help you out, i listed the 3 coaches A, B & C. Their overall records after 5 years, and their notable accomplishments within that 5 year time frame. Now, I don't think you're dumb...I'm pretty sure, you are just avoiding the obvious, because you're a Wojo apologist. I will ask it one more time...Have Wojo's accomplishments after 5 years been as impressive, less impressive, or more impressive as Crean's and Buzz's were?? We are basing this on ONLY the data I gave you above, overall record, post season accomplishments, and other notable accomplishments. What's your answer??

☝️

Thank you.  I have the answer in case he can’t / won’t answer.  Pretty obvious here.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2019, 10:57:53 PM »
Do recruits also like when they read about internal team chaos and the fact that your 2nd and 3rd leading scorers are leaving because of it?   I’m asking for a friend.

I would think not.

I believe the events of the last couple of weeks have done serious damage to Wojo's program, and it very well might not be able to recover under him.

You made a sarcastic statement based on your bias -- "Recruits love 0 NCAA wins since you took over" -- and I responded with some things that most basketball observers would agree that recruits actually do love.

You disagree that recruits love those things?

Over the next few months, we're going to get a very clear picture of how Wojo can recruit in this situation.

Oh, and I'm not even knocking you for making a sarcastic statement. Goodness knows I do it all the time.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2019, 11:02:34 PM »
I would think not.

I believe the events of the last couple of weeks have done serious damage to Wojo's program, and it very well might not be able to recover under him.

You made a sarcastic statement based on your bias -- "Recruits love 0 NCAA wins since you took over" -- and I responded with some things that most basketball observers would agree that recruits actually do love.

You disagree that recruits love those things?

Over the next few months, we're going to get a very clear picture of how Wojo can recruit in this situation.

Oh, and I'm not even knocking you for making a sarcastic statement. Goodness knows I do it all the time.

Fair enough sir.  We shall see how it plays out. 

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2019, 11:57:19 PM »

So OP asks how wojo can present his resume and current state of the program to recruits in an effort to get them to campus and better MU basketball and your response is to crap all over everything.

Wow

Most fans of the program want to see it succeed. But you'd rather tear down wojo and have him fail and the program fail under him. Cool.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2019, 11:59:47 PM »
The other angle is how other coaches will recruit against Wojo. 

"Did you know 32.6% of MU fans think Wojo should be fired and that he has no contract extension?   Or that his players wrote a mutinous letter to him to get him to change?"

auburnmarquette

• Team Captain
    • Value Add Explaination
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2019, 12:18:26 AM »

And when they accomplished those things they ... Ditched MU. And after the one other sweet 16 in between Al and Crean O'Neal ditched MU. So your point is you'd be a lot more sold on a coach who was about to leave MU selling recuits on coming here.

Thanks for providing a quick exhibit A of the comment above, the only negative here is the .... On this page.
http://www.pudnersports.com/ for my blogs or articles and www.valueaddbasketball.com for for current and historic rankings.

auburnmarquette

• Team Captain
    • Value Add Explaination
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2019, 12:27:20 AM »
The other angle is how other coaches will recruit against Wojo. 

"Did you know 32.6% of MU fans think Wojo should be fired and that he has no contract extension?   Or that his players wrote a mutinous letter to him to get him to change?"

Please don't humor yourself by pretending a survey of the less that 1% of fans who answer a survey gives a scientific poll of what percent of fans want Wojo fired. That's laughable and you know it. The last time someone referred to a survey like that as scientific was when the Chicago Tribune polled their own readers and ran a headline stating Dewey Defeats Truman.

As the New York Times wrote recently, some haven't realized that winning the Twitter war has nothing to winning an election. And I will keep repeating npr dropping their comments session because only 0.003% of their readers commented.

It's fine to have the hundred or coupe of hundred obnoxious malcontents have a home to complain here or on local sports.radio - but to pretend the fact that even in that forum they constitute less that one third of the fans translates to the constituting 32.6% of a universe of fans perhaps 100 times as big is scientifically laughable.
http://www.pudnersports.com/ for my blogs or articles and www.valueaddbasketball.com for for current and historic rankings.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2019, 01:47:47 AM »
Please don't humor yourself by pretending a survey of the less that 1% of fans who answer a survey gives a scientific poll of what percent of fans want Wojo fired. That's laughable and you know it. The last time someone referred to a survey like that as scientific was when the Chicago Tribune polled their own readers and ran a headline stating Dewey Defeats Truman.

As the New York Times wrote recently, some haven't realized that winning the Twitter war has nothing to winning an election. And I will keep repeating npr dropping their comments session because only 0.003% of their readers commented.

It's fine to have the hundred or coupe of hundred obnoxious malcontents have a home to complain here or on local sports.radio - but to pretend the fact that even in that forum they constitute less that one third of the fans translates to the constituting 32.6% of a universe of fans perhaps 100 times as big is scientifically laughable.

And please don't humor yourself by pretending that there are any polls more relevant than the fact Wojo has a major player mutiny on his hands.

This has nothing to do with Scoopers, the New York Times, presidential tweets, Dewey Truman sample bias, the man on the moon, or an angry political pollster in Alabama. This is about Wojo's leadership and how the young men he leads feel about him.

So get off your high horse because unless you poll the 11 scholarship players on the MBB team you, like the Chicago Tribune in 1948 or Literary Digest in 1936, are sampling the wrong people.

You should know better than that.

feedback