[Today at 07:00:36 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MSU or VA  (Read 26264 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: MSU or VA
« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2019, 09:36:43 AM »
Right away? Then how would they know the difference between me not going to class for a week vs a kid just leaving campus and not coming back (like that kid in our wing that went MIA) maybe different for the team but my logic is if the player quit the team then they'd be a regular student and a regular student does not need to fill out drop out documents.

I still have no idea what happened to big Tony. I kinda assumed that he got arrested.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2019, 09:39:42 AM »
I still have no idea what happened to big Tony. I kinda assumed that he got arrested.

Big tony, thank you that was going to drive me crazy all day
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 10:02:17 AM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2019, 09:59:54 AM »
Right away? Then how would they know the difference between me not going to class for a week vs a kid just leaving campus and not coming back (like that kid in our wing that went MIA) maybe different for the team but my logic is if the player quit the team then they'd be a regular student and a regular student does not need to fill out drop out documents.

Yes, they do.  They need to officially withdraw from classes with the Registrar and to officially check out of the halls with Res Life.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2019, 10:05:08 AM »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2019, 10:46:22 AM »
Jameel McKay definitely had access to academic support when he completed the one semester he was on campus.  The Froling departure is not a good comparison.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2019, 11:14:16 AM »
I would also assume they immediately were "relocated" to a different dorm away from the players, correct?? How awkward would that be, if they were still roommates with team members??

Unless things changed since I was at MU, they do not move.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #81 on: May 07, 2019, 11:26:25 AM »

muguru

• All American
« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2019, 11:56:04 AM »
Jon Rothstein‏Verified account @JonRothstein · 8m8 minutes ago 

Marquette transfer Joey Hauser tells me he and his brother Sam will visit Virginia on Thursday and Friday and then Michigan State on the 14th and 15th. Already visited Wisconsin.

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1125805580814307335

« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 12:02:32 PM by muguru »
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2019, 11:56:43 AM »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

muguru

• All American
« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2019, 12:01:45 PM »

The tweet no longer exists?

That's weird, but I fixed my post above
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2019, 12:06:58 PM »
Quite the elaborate smoke screen.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2019, 12:15:41 PM »
Jameel McKay definitely had access to academic support when he completed the one semester he was on campus.  The Froling departure is not a good comparison.

Student-athletes are going to be granted continued access to academic support because it's important for them to leave in good standing and for APR purposes. If a SA transfers to a JUCO they need a 3.3 to get the APR point back. They need a 2.6 cumulative to get the APR point back if they are transferring to a 4-year school. They may be shut off from access to the locker room, weight room, etc. but not academic support.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2019, 12:23:49 PM »
Stan channeling his inner Col. Nathan Jessup.

Pretty sure he was talking to the Wojo haters....at least that is my form of the truth I will believe.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2019, 12:32:52 PM »
Pretty sure he was talking to the Wojo haters....at least that is my form of the truth I will believe.

When jokes go over people's heads it does no good to explain them. Carry on.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload

drewm88

• All American

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2019, 10:23:35 PM »
When jokes go over people's heads it does no good to explain them. Carry on.

When jokes aren’t funny and then claimed to be jokes in the first place...those are the best kind, truth be told. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #92 on: May 08, 2019, 06:43:00 AM »
When jokes aren’t funny and then claimed to be jokes in the first place...those are the best kind, truth be told.

Humorless...Sad...Scoop really is soul crushing for you...Take a break.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #93 on: May 08, 2019, 08:12:21 AM »
I thought these other visits were not happening, or are they merely a rouse?

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #94 on: May 08, 2019, 08:32:01 AM »

Sam and Mrs. Sam must be fighting

MU82

• All American
« Reply #95 on: May 08, 2019, 09:24:07 AM »

The word is "ruse."

And I'm betting that's what it is. If so, either Izzo and Bennett are complicit (doubtful), or the Hauser family will have been misleading two of the most respected coaches in the country.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #96 on: May 08, 2019, 10:13:45 AM »
The word is "ruse."

And I'm betting that's what it is. If so, either Izzo and Bennett are complicit (doubtful), or the Hauser family will have been misleading two of the most respected coaches in the country.
Izzo was super pissed at Hausers the first go 'round because he felt "led on." Maybe time heals, but wouldn't seem like he would want to take on a player who now has a rep as being emotionally soft (not trying to slam the kid, just reporting what is being said in college coaching circles). Doesn't seem to fit Izzo's DNA. My money is on him joining his buddy Barnstormer buddy Wieskamp at Iowa. That is a big if because Wieskamp is stunningly testing the NBA waters as a freshman, which I find bizarre. He worked out for the Thunder on Sunday, so who knows?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #97 on: May 08, 2019, 10:22:03 AM »
Izzo was super pissed at Hausers the first go 'round because he felt "led on." Maybe time heals, but wouldn't seem like he would want to take on a player who now has a rep as being emotionally soft (not trying to slam the kid, just reporting what is being said in college coaching circles). Doesn't seem to fit Izzo's DNA. My money is on him joining his buddy Barnstormer buddy Wieskamp at Iowa. That is a big if because Wieskamp is stunningly testing the NBA waters as a freshman, which I find bizarre. He worked out for the Thunder on Sunday, so who knows?

They eliminated Iowa
Maigh Eo for Sam

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #98 on: May 08, 2019, 10:40:16 AM »
It may be the best thing for them to end up at different schools.

I have no problem with them both ending up at Wisconsin.

I used to hate Davidson for hitting Joey in the balls. Now I am going to love Davidson when he does it again.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #99 on: May 08, 2019, 10:47:25 AM »

I dont know where your getting your source, but hes fing with you.

feedback