'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: MSU or VA  (Read 25831 times)

Fullodds

• All American
MSU or VA
« on: April 19, 2019, 03:56:33 PM »
FWIW, I have a friend with MSU connections and a good track record for info.  He is hearing that the Hauser’s are leaning toward MSU slightly over VA.  No word on WI and no confirmation from Tom Crean’s cleaning lady.  I guess time will tell.  Again, this may just be the take from MSU and their desire to land the Hauser’s.

NickelDimer

• All American
Re: MSU or VA
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 04:01:12 PM »
Any school >>> UW. I know some don’t care but I do. Leaving MU is one thing. Leaving to go to UW is unforgivable
No Finish Line

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 04:02:10 PM »
I would rather have Hausers at MU of course, but it would be awesome for them to stick it to Becky again plus rub it in their face twice a year by going to MSU.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 04:05:31 PM »
Nick Ward declared for the NBA draft today.

Fullodds

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2019, 04:06:58 PM »
MSU is also expecting a transfer - plenty of room.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2019, 04:12:16 PM »
Any school >>> UW. I know some don’t care but I do. Leaving MU is one thing. Leaving to go to UW is unforgivable

+1.  I am with you. But, until I hear its not UW.....I think its UW.

auburnmarquette

• Team Captain
    • Value Add Explaination
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2019, 04:39:20 PM »
I still haven't had anyone who does not live in Wisconsin think they are a serious possibility, but who knows. If you have two final four schools offering and you want to finish at a higher level, do you really consider Wisconsin a step up? You didn't make it out of your home state and going to a rival whose been roughly as good as the school you are leaving?

If your focus was to stick it to your past school, sure the rival makes sense - but short of that it would seem like a strange move.
http://www.pudnersports.com/ for my blogs or articles and www.valueaddbasketball.com for for current and historic rankings.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2019, 04:43:36 PM »
So we have multiple people with sources telling us it’s gonna be UVA, it’s gonna be UW, and it’s gonna be MSU. Seems like nobody actually knows anything.

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2019, 04:56:04 PM »
So we have multiple people with sources telling us it’s gonna be UVA, it’s gonna be UW, and it’s gonna be MSU. Seems like nobody actually knows anything.

By no means am I tracking every thread (who can) but the only posts I've seen saying that they are going to UW is by people who are chronically hoping for the worst. I don't think there was anything beyond bizarrely being resigned to the fact that they will play for UW.

The OP here gave qualifiers and didn't state that they are able to predict the future, which afflicts most of these kinds of posts. So it makes it seem more credible.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2019, 05:02:02 PM »
Joey playing  with Davidson?  Now that would be a nut punch.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2019, 05:12:17 PM »
Joey playing  with Davidson?  Now that would be a nut punch.

you mean grayson davison

hey, what about the gophers and playing under pitino, the clean one...so far.  stevens point to minneapolis is about a 3 hour drive, or 30-45 min via helicopter, eyn'a? depends on who's driving(flying) right jonny?  what's a ride like that take in an apache, 4 adults and a dog, minimal luggage :D
don't...don't don't don't don't

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2019, 06:16:27 PM »
Whoa, whoa, whoa... am I to understand that you are suggesting people are stating things on MUScoop that are not fully substantiated directly by a Hauser?  Blasphemy I say!

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2019, 09:33:58 PM »
Saying with Winston returning that means Sparty only has one open scholarship.  So the Hausers are presumably out.

Their top priority is Blackshear.

https://spartanavenue.com/2019/04/19/michigan-state-basketball-kerry-blackshear-becoming-serious-transfer-option/
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2019, 09:40:20 PM »
Saying with Winston returning that means Sparty only has one open scholarship.  So the Hausers are presumably out.

Their top priority is Blackshear.

https://spartanavenue.com/2019/04/19/michigan-state-basketball-kerry-blackshear-becoming-serious-transfer-option/

They are expecting a transfer out yet(Foster Loyer). Plus, you can always make room for guys if you want them badly enough. EVERYONE wants Blackshear..with all their F's, not sure Blackshear would see MSU as his best option. Probably Kentucky for him.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

garekis

• Walk-On
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2019, 10:31:18 PM »
I still haven't had anyone who does not live in Wisconsin think they are a serious possibility, but who knows. If you have two final four schools offering and you want to finish at a higher level, do you really consider Wisconsin a step up? You didn't make it out of your home state and going to a rival whose been roughly as good as the school you are leaving?

If your focus was to stick it to your past school, sure the rival makes sense - but short of that it would seem like a strange move.

I agree. Well-stated. Maybe I've been out of Wisconsin for too long to appreciate the draw of the flagship state university, but I don't understand why someone in either of their positions would think playing at Wisconsin-Madison would be beneficial for his basketball development.

And putting aside basketball considerations, is Wisconsin-Madison in any way extraordinary? I mean no offense--truly--but it's not Stanford or Duke or, on the public side, UVA or Cal or even Michigan. It's an above-average (if that?) regional school.

That said, regardless of whether Wisconsin-Madison is where they feel compelled to transfer, I wish them the best. Particularly Sam--kid has been a wonderful representative of Marquette for three years. It's been a joy to watch his development. And I'm sure thankful for his great contributions to many of our wins while he was here. Brought many moments of joy.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2019, 11:18:59 PM »
stevens point to minneapolis is about a 3 hour drive, or 30-45 min via helicopter, eyn'a? depends on who's driving(flying) right jonny?  what's a ride like that take in an apache, 4 adults and a dog, minimal luggage :D

29.4 minutes in an A 10. 7.3 minutes in an F 16.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2019, 06:46:02 AM »
When ewe say Wisconsin, ewe've sed it all, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

oldwarrior81

• All American

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2019, 12:04:46 PM »
When ewe say Wisconsin, ewe've sed it all, aina?

We like it here!

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2019, 12:07:41 PM »
Virginia loses a bench player to transfer.

https://www.streakingthelawn.com/2019/4/22/18511344/sources-virginia-guard-marco-anthony-to-enter-transfer-portal-transfer-guard-uva-cavaliers

Jamie Oakes the UVA 247 Admin wrote a VIP article today saying Hausers aren’t an option as the staff is targeting grad transfers and 2019 who can come in and play. FWIW.

3 for 5 is a lot to ask any team; let alone the defending champs

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2019, 12:27:48 PM »
Jamie Oakes the UVA 247 Admin wrote a VIP article today saying Hausers aren’t an option as the staff is targeting grad transfers and 2019 who can come in and play. FWIW.

Hope they visit Monticello when they’re in Virginny
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2019, 12:36:41 PM »

Weird that UVA would bring in 2 players that they aren't targeting for an official visit.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2019, 12:38:29 PM »
Weird that UVA would bring in 2 players that they aren't targeting for an official visit.

What does that mean?

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2019, 12:39:29 PM »
What does that mean?

It means they are interested and Jamie Oakes is either wrong or full of crap.

feedback