[Today at 07:53:14 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by PJDunn
[Today at 07:36:37 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MSU or VA  (Read 26165 times)

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Re: MSU or VA
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2019, 01:47:35 PM »
They were supposed to visit MSU this past weekend but didn't so they could focus on finals

If this is true, they're clearly just waiting to get off Marquette campus before announcing they're heading to Wisconsin.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2019, 01:54:20 PM »
Blue Horseshoe loves Iowa.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2019, 02:08:55 PM »
Either Izzo and Bennett are complicit in this deception (doubtful) or the Hausers are deceiving two of college basketball's most respected coaches.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2019, 02:34:04 PM »
Basic theory about the Brothers Hauser's next stop:

1) If they want playing time, Iowa or Wisconsin is the answer. They'll be a feature at either school and be able to dominate. Neither is likely to get the Baby Hauser the NBA visibility he craves but both will allow whatever talent exists to be on display. If the Baby Hauser wants a "Henry" (Ellenson) type deal where he's the featured player, Iowa is the best answer.

2)If the Brothers Hauser want national visibility in a program that demands excellence, then UVA or Michigan State is the answer. The Baby Hauser better be ready though. If he didn't like Coach Wojo, wait until he gets an earful from Tom Izzo or Tony Bennett. I think he talks a big game, but the Baby Hauser aint even close to being ready to start for Izzo or Bennett. Sam definitely would at either school. The one benefit here would be the Baby Hauser gets a year off to try to fit into either Izzo's or Bennett's system.

3) If the Brothers Want to Get Away, anyplace works except Wisconsin.. Both may be well served given the animosity associated with their departure from our Warriors to go out of state and go to a school not likely to be playing Marquette anytime soon. The other benefit is they get away from their hangers-on and can immerse themselves in a new environment.

The one thing that has struck me was that allegation that one coach told the Brothers Hauser that he would have handled things exactly the same way Coach Wojo did. Under these circumstances, I'm wondering whether the Brothers might not be damaged, or at least scratch and dent goods. Some high profile Elite School coaches might not want to see the chemistry of their team damaged by the Baby Hauser's attitude.

Sam's a winner. The Baby Hauser has some growing to do. The Baby Hauser may be his own worst enemy.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2019, 02:38:57 PM »

Welcome back!

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2019, 04:44:02 PM »

Glad to see you're back, welcome
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2019, 04:55:29 PM »
Basic theory about the Brothers Hauser's next stop:

1) If they want playing time, Iowa or Wisconsin is the answer. They'll be a feature at either school and be able to dominate. Neither is likely to get the Baby Hauser the NBA visibility he craves but both will allow whatever talent exists to be on display. If the Baby Hauser wants a "Henry" (Ellenson) type deal where he's the featured player, Iowa is the best answer.

2)If the Brothers Hauser want national visibility in a program that demands excellence, then UVA or Michigan State is the answer. The Baby Hauser better be ready though. If he didn't like Coach Wojo, wait until he gets an earful from Tom Izzo or Tony Bennett. I think he talks a big game, but the Baby Hauser aint even close to being ready to start for Izzo or Bennett. Sam definitely would at either school. The one benefit here would be the Baby Hauser gets a year off to try to fit into either Izzo's or Bennett's system.

3) If the Brothers Want to Get Away, anyplace works except Wisconsin.. Both may be well served given the animosity associated with their departure from our Warriors to go out of state and go to a school not likely to be playing Marquette anytime soon. The other benefit is they get away from their hangers-on and can immerse themselves in a new environment.

The one thing that has struck me was that allegation that one coach told the Brothers Hauser that he would have handled things exactly the same way Coach Wojo did. Under these circumstances, I'm wondering whether the Brothers might not be damaged, or at least scratch and dent goods. Some high profile Elite School coaches might not want to see the chemistry of their team damaged by the Baby Hauser's attitude.

Sam's a winner. The Baby Hauser has some growing to do. The Baby Hauser may be his own worst enemy.

Agree on all fronts...especially the differences between Sam and Joey. Even as a frosh, Sam never pouted when he didn't get enough touches. Joey seems to be looking for Lonzo treatment....

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2019, 05:59:17 PM »
If joey couldn’t take a little bump from markus, he will be curled up in the fetal position after 15 minutes with mcCaffery
don't...don't don't don't don't

connie

• All American
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2019, 06:56:44 PM »
They were supposed to visit MSU this past weekend but didn't so they could focus on finals
If you announce you're leaving do you still get all the academic support? 
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2019, 07:42:31 PM »
Nice to see you back. Hope to read lots of your good info again.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2019, 07:57:41 PM »
If joey the Baby Hauser couldn’t take a little bump from Markus, he will be curled up in the fetal position after 15 minutes nanoseconds with Fran McCaffery

FIFY.

The Baby Hauser has a lot of growing up to do. Period.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2019, 08:12:57 PM »

I would assume. It’s in MU’s best interest for them to be in good academic standing for APR I think.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2019, 08:38:44 PM »
FIFY.

The Baby Hauser has a lot of growing up to do. Period.
How do you know this/what do you base this on?  I dont think he goes around on the Internet with an alias calling out college kids for being babies does he?  If he does that...I would definitely agree he needs to grow up.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2019, 09:19:25 PM »
Yes
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2019, 01:17:29 AM »

When frollinh announced his transfer he lost access to the Al immediately (via Instagram). Doesn't all the academic support for athletes take place there? So I would assume no
Maigh Eo for Sam

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2019, 06:12:40 AM »
When frollinh announced his transfer he lost access to the Al immediately (via Instagram). Doesn't all the academic support for athletes take place there? So I would assume no
That is.correct. In fact, these.two latest transfers had to move their study hall to the concourse at the Brewers game.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2019, 07:34:45 AM »
Froling left school abruptly for BB in Australia.  Was not too worried about academics.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2019, 07:52:20 AM »
Froling left school abruptly for BB in Australia.  Was not too worried about academics.

All the same was still denied access to the Al that day. Doubt they texted and said "hey do you want the study help or no?"
Maigh Eo for Sam

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2019, 08:24:42 AM »
The Eagles Nest Academic area is upstairs. The team area downstairs. A player can be cut off from access to the team but the school still has a vested interest in their academic success and thus all the tutors etc are still available till the semester is finished.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2019, 08:26:59 AM »
The Eagles Nest Academic area is upstairs. The team area downstairs. A player can be cut off from access to the team but the school still has a vested interest in their academic success and thus all the tutors etc are still available till the semester is finished.

All I know is he showed himself trying to scan in the doors and it wouldn't work.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2019, 09:00:10 AM »
All I know is he showed himself trying to scan in the doors and it wouldn't work.
He did drop out of school, so why would he need access?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2019, 09:02:32 AM »
He did drop out of school, so why would he need access?

In case he changed his mind? There's no documents that you sign saying "hey I'm dropping out" you just leave.
Maigh Eo for Sam

muguru

• All American
« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2019, 09:24:38 AM »
I would also assume they immediately were "relocated" to a different dorm away from the players, correct?? How awkward would that be, if they were still roommates with team members??
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2019, 09:29:09 AM »
In case he changed his mind? There's no documents that you sign saying "hey I'm dropping out" you just leave.

You can just leave but there are absolutely documents that say "hey im dropping out"
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2019, 09:34:43 AM »
You can just leave but there are absolutely documents that say "hey im dropping out"

Right away? Then how would they know the difference between me not going to class for a week vs a kid just leaving campus and not coming back (like that kid in our wing that went MIA) maybe different for the team but my logic is if the player quit the team then they'd be a regular student and a regular student does not need to fill out drop out documents.
Maigh Eo for Sam

feedback