[April 30, 2024, 11:37:53 PM]

Shaka interview by Jay Bee
[April 30, 2024, 09:36:41 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[April 30, 2024, 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 30, 2024, 02:09:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: The Letter  (Read 23760 times)

real chili 83

• All American
Re: The Letter
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2019, 07:34:49 PM »
I heard heard that Hauser’s dad wrote it, then passed it to Tim Maymon, then to Wally’s Grandpa, then to....

Eff

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2019, 07:44:30 PM »
The Hausers left,
Scoop melted down.

The next time you get lost on a topic, just fill in the blank for a full understanding:

_________ happened,

Scoop melted down.

Love this post, Archie.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2019, 07:53:34 PM »
No knowledge of the letter, but what a soap opera this is becoming. Scripted by the people who write scripts for those stupid Housewives of (fill in the blank) TV shows.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2019, 08:01:10 PM »
Song, too.

With apologies to The Box Tops ...

Gimme a transfer outta Marquette U
Wojo's team ain't fit for Christian or Jew
Markus shoots too much, Wojo's lost his touch
We felt helpless, so we wrote a letter

Gimme a ticket for an aero plane
Ain't got time to take a fast train,
Markus hogged the ball, Marquette took the fall
So we Hausers wrote Wojo a letter

I don't know what college we will attend
Anyplace where we won't see the Dookie again
'Cause Markus hogged the ball and MU took a fall
So we Hausers wrote Wojo a letter

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2019, 08:01:57 PM »
This crap is harder to follow than politics.

Politics is simple. The press gets very excited re one party if the Justice Dept discusses the Mueller Report with the White House before it's (redacted)  release to the public. And the  press gets very excited re the other party if the POTUS wears a tan suit.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2019, 08:06:01 PM »
You need to read the other threads.
Or maybe not. It can be tiring, disheartening and confusing.

Jeez, I thought, what a humorous, insightful post, from an unexpected source.
Then I noticed the real sequence of the name of the poster.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2019, 08:11:18 PM »
Can someone kindly summarize this letter or copy paste here? I do not yet see it in some of the other threads. This is the first I have heard of it. Thanks kindly.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2019, 08:12:54 PM »
Can someone kindly summarize this letter or copy paste here? I do not yet see it in some of the other threads. This is the first I have heard of it. Thanks kindly.

This is the post from scout.  I am sure someone else can link

The record needs to be set straight as there is a fair amount of slander going around with the current situation. Please, please, please no one take out their frustrations on Markus or the Hauser’s.
Markus has a way that he likes to play and he believes that style will get him to the next level. It’s not directly on him to change to make his teammates happy.
The Hauser’s have a right to be frustrated with the lack of looks in the offense and shouldn’t be looked down upon because they’re leaving for greener pastures.
It’s human nature to selfishly take care of yourself/family first. However it’s on the coach and coaching staff to manage the egos and quell frustrations, especially with a roster as talented and potent as we would have been next year.
This situation rests squarely on the shoulders of the head coach for repeated negligence on managing the personalities on his team and refusing to cope with very vocal frustrations throughout the past year.
Some animosity began when Markus was allowed to go back home over the summer to work out with his family while everyone else was required to stay on campus. A lot of players were frustrated with this and rightfully so. Sure, Markus’ dad is a trainer, but if you’re building a team, why allow a key member of your team to leave everyone else during a crucial team building period to live at home, away from the rules/restrictions everyone else must abide by.
Frustrations grew significantly when Markus was dominating the ball down the losing stretch and Wojo refused to rest him or adjust to allow a more team oriented approach. Because many on the team felt it was the only option to get through to Wojo, a letter was written to him, initiated by the Hauser’s and cosigned by other members on the team, but it still fell on deaf ears.
There was a one sided conversation following the season and it ended with the Hauser’s saying thanks and we’re leaving.
This situation rests squarely on the shoulders of Wojo not being able to manage his team over the past year.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2019, 08:13:14 PM »
Gimme a Markus Howard any day
Ain’t got time for balanced play
I may be gone
Heading back to home
The Hausers, they wrote me a letter

-Wojo
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2019, 08:15:10 PM »
This cannot be true. Millenials cant write cursoph, and can only text

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2019, 08:18:37 PM »
Why go behind another players back?  What ask the team to go behind another players back?  Talk to Markus if you have a problem with him.  Don’t act like the Hausers are without blame here.

You are making a lot of assumptions they didnt do anything before this letter and they were the spearhead of it. ALL we know is there was a letter that Sam submitted to Wojo that was signed by many players.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2019, 08:19:19 PM »

Frustrations grew significantly when Markus was dominating the ball down the losing stretch and Wojo refused to rest him or adjust to allow a more team oriented approach. Because many on the team felt it was the only option to get through to Wojo, a letter was written to him, initiated by the Hauser’s and cosigned by other members on the team, but it still fell on deaf ears
There was a one sided conversation following the season and it ended with the Hauser’s saying thanks and we’re leaving.
This situation rests squarely on the shoulders of Wojo not being able to manage his team over the past year.

I was the one who linked this in yesterday in the other thread, from the way it’s worded, it made me think that the Hausers and others verbally were telling Wojo this, and then when he didn’t listen they wrote the letter, but he still didn’t listen..

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2019, 08:24:31 PM »
You are making a lot of assumptions they didnt do anything before this letter and they were the spearhead of it. ALL we know is there was a letter that Sam submitted to Wojo that was signed by many players.

That in itself makes Sam look like a real jerk.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2019, 08:25:22 PM »

The record needs to be set straight as there is a fair amount of slander going around with the current situation. Please, please, please no one take out their frustrations on Markus or the Hauser’s.
Markus has a way that he likes to play and he believes that style will get him to the next level. It’s not directly on him to change to make his teammates happy.
The Hauser’s have a right to be frustrated with the lack of looks in the offense and shouldn’t be looked down upon because they’re leaving for greener pastures.
It’s human nature to selfishly take care of yourself/family first. However it’s on the coach and coaching staff to manage the egos and quell frustrations, especially with a roster as talented and potent as we would have been next year.
This situation rests squarely on the shoulders of the head coach for repeated negligence on managing the personalities on his team and refusing to cope with very vocal frustrations throughout the past year.
Some animosity began when Markus was allowed to go back home over the summer to work out with his family while everyone else was required to stay on campus. A lot of players were frustrated with this and rightfully so. Sure, Markus’ dad is a trainer, but if you’re building a team, why allow a key member of your team to leave everyone else during a crucial team building period to live at home, away from the rules/restrictions everyone else must abide by.
Frustrations grew significantly when Markus was dominating the ball down the losing stretch and Wojo refused to rest him or adjust to allow a more team oriented approach. Because many on the team felt it was the only option to get through to Wojo, a letter was written to him, initiated by the Hauser’s and cosigned by other members on the team, but it still fell on deaf ears.

Thanks much. Very kind.  I had just found it in the two other threads just after I posted before.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2019, 08:27:29 PM »
Writing a letter to the coach - what a marshmellowy soft way of handling a confrontation.   

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2019, 08:32:20 PM »

What a great song. Appreciate the several of you who have done good work coming up with lyrics in this thread.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2019, 08:34:15 PM »
A
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2019, 08:37:08 PM »
A lot of talk about a letter...yet still no proof that it actually exists.

#peakscoop

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2019, 09:06:12 PM »

#peakscoop

I heard it was actually a scroll sent by raven.

Class71

• All American
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2019, 09:24:29 PM »

It is hard for me to believe that someone could actually make this stuff up. Having said that, if this actually went on we have bigger problems than just loosing two players. Meanwhile as our expert coaching staff works this all out I plan on watching the grass grow. At least that makes sense.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

muguru

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2019, 09:31:03 PM »

#peakscoop

Listen, the letter F'n existed...you keep wanting to see proof...and you KNOW that isn't going to happen. there's enough people that know what went on, that have sources, that know EXACTLY what happened. I know you have been around awhile, you should know that these kinds of things(contents of a letter) are kept confidential for a reason. They aren't for public consumption. But the letter DID exist, it was REAL and if you ask/talk to the right people, you would know that. Enough people here having been saying that. is it that hard for you to believe that people do have sources that tell them things?? You CANNOT reveal sources, or they simply aren't sources anymore...people work hard to gain the trust of their sources, that's how they get their info, once that trust is compromised, they no longer get info, pretty simple, really.

You are entitled to believe what you want, that's your prerogative...but to believe a letter never existed because no one can provide the contents of it?? Come on man...is someone supposed to ask a player of the team to see it so they can post it on scoop?? Ask one of the Coaches for it??

The letter existed...that's a fact.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2019, 09:35:24 PM »

What a great song. Appreciate the several of you who have done good work coming up with lyrics in this thread.

Well, they wrote Wojo a letter
Said, "We sure can't live with Markus no more
Listen Wojo, oh you gotta have our back
Or we'll walk out the door."
Quittin' time, yeah!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2019, 09:43:05 PM »
It is hard for me to believe that someone could actually make this stuff up. Having said that, if this actually went on we have bigger problems than just loosing two players. Meanwhile as our expert coaching staff works this all out I plan on watching the grass grow. At least that makes sense.

Uhh, forgive me what I must be missing here, but any letter from the Hausers clearly shows that they have a whole lot of growing up to do (and/or resisting said growing up for some reason), to the point of being detrimental to the team. Rising up against the head coach that you personally chose to play for is weak sauce and reflects solely on them. Now that they are gone, did their weak sauce wipe off on everyone else as they bailed? Not sure I get that.

Still, this is all purely hypothetical and like nearly everything mentioned here over the last few days, probs never happened.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2019, 09:45:28 PM »
Do you think they typed the letter?

Maybe it was handwritten? If so definitely wide ruled.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2019, 09:49:29 PM »
Maybe the letter was a scarlet A.