[April 30, 2024, 11:37:53 PM]

Shaka interview by Jay Bee
[April 30, 2024, 09:36:41 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[April 30, 2024, 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 30, 2024, 02:09:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: The Letter  (Read 23765 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: The Letter
« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2019, 11:07:35 AM »
Carson Edwards took over 700 shots this year.Do you see guys on Purdue leaving?Hausers took the ball and went home.Only complain after they lost a few games..See ya.Bunch of babies.Let Cain and Bailey play.

This is an interesting take. guru used the exact same argument to claim that the Hausers were right and Wojo sucks. Classic example of 2 Scoopers looking at the same set of facts and coming up with completely different conclusions. The "answer," if there is one, could be in the middle somewhere. Again, we're all beholden to our own biases.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2019, 11:09:54 AM »
Carson Edwards took over 700 shots this year.Do you see guys on Purdue leaving?Hausers took the ball and went home.Only complain after they lost a few games..See ya.Bunch of babies.Let Cain and Bailey play.

Guess they aren't transferring to Purdue.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2019, 11:13:34 AM »
Ha! I wasn't, but I like it!

That's cool. Given the information all of us have at our disposal, there are all kinds of ways to interpret things, and biases naturally enter in for all of us humans.

I'm sticking with KISS as I understand it and/or until I am presented with evidence suggesting otherwise.

-- Wojo lost control of the team.
-- Hausers wanted the ball more.
-- Markus stays, Hausers go.
-- Wojo is on the clock.

Oh and:
-- Never apologize for what you feel. It’s like apologizing for being real. -- Lil Wayne

Yep BGT is not the only one.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2019, 12:21:14 PM »
Thanks for this, AC.

I think I'm to the point where I believe the letter exists.

But as for what was in it ... all I've heard is various accounts from people who haven't seen it. I'll believe what was in it when I see it, or at least when a credible witness provides a credible account. And I'll believe that Wojo's response was an immediate F-U when, again, I hear it from a credible witness.

I'm not saying some of the stuff that's been said isn't true; what I'm saying is I don't know. And so far in my hours and hours on Scoop since Monday, I don't believe others know, either. Or if they do, they have done a pretty poor job articulating it and/or showing evidence of it.

So until then, I'm sticking with the KISS principle:

-- Wojo lost control of the team.
-- Hausers wanted the ball more.
-- Markus stays, Hausers go.
-- Wojo is on the clock.

If you want to stick with the KISS principle:

--Hausers wanted the ball more
--Markus stays, Hausers go

MU82

• All American
« Reply #104 on: April 18, 2019, 12:27:58 PM »

If you want to stick with the KISS principle:

--Hausers wanted the ball more
--Markus stays, Hausers go

That can be your KISS principle if you'd like.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #105 on: April 18, 2019, 12:37:05 PM »

My KISS principle is to rock and roll all night, and then party every day.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #106 on: April 18, 2019, 12:56:35 PM »
The stuff about playstyle doesn't bother me. I don't care what style of ball we play, who's the coach or what players are on the roster, I just want to see the program win while remaining relatively above board.

Wojo made a call that the high usage style was the best approach for the team. Overall, it worked pretty well. Was there a style that would have been better? Maybe. But it's the coach's call to make.

Where I think the failure lies is in Wojo's (and the assistant coaches') failure to get players to buy into their roles. I'm not sure where the biggest failures were. Was it keeping Markus from freelancing as someone put it? Was it failure to get the Hausers to be happy in their roles as ultra efficient snipers (which they were very successful at)? Honestly, it doesn't matter. Coaching staff couldn't get it done and it's costing us now.

Best possible outcome from this is that Wojo and the assistants learn from this, recover, and still kick butt next season. If they don't, they will be gone.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #107 on: April 18, 2019, 01:20:02 PM »

And it's because the first "S" stands for "simple."

breadtree

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #108 on: April 18, 2019, 01:39:38 PM »

Ummmmm

MU82

• All American
« Reply #109 on: April 18, 2019, 02:08:40 PM »
Ummmmm

He couldn't stand playing with no-talent hacks one more minute!

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #110 on: April 18, 2019, 02:17:59 PM »
I think the Hausers had a right to be upset. Writing the letter was not necessarily a bad idea. Where it went bad in my opinion was when they asked other players to sign it. They ended up leading a mutiny instead of stating their case. Once they did that they ruined the team chemistry. I am hoping Wojo had the balls to tell them to transfer.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #111 on: April 18, 2019, 02:20:40 PM »
I think the Hausers had a right to be upset. Writing the letter was not necessarily a bad idea. Where it went bad in my opinion was when they asked other players to sign it. They ended up leading a mutiny instead of stating their case. Once they did that they ruined the team chemistry. I am hoping Wojo had the balls to tell them to transfer.

Interesting. Perhaps Wojo did show them where the door was.

Seashells

• Walk-On
« Reply #112 on: April 18, 2019, 02:33:08 PM »
Here is a potential analogy to this unfortunate situation:
•   2010 – D Wade is the star of the Miami Heat.  He successfully recruits Lebron James (and Chris Bosh) to Miami to win championships.  For the most part his stats decline across the board because Lebron becomes the focal point.  Result – D Wade will make the HOF and his unselfish nature allows him to win two championships with the “Big Three.”
•   2017 – Kyrie Irving is second fiddle to Lebron on Cleveland.  They won the championship the year prior (2016), but lost to GS in 2017.  Kyrie wants to be the focal point and get out from Lebron’s shadow.  Kyrie demands a trade and end up in Boston.  Cleveland makes the NBA finals w/o Kyrie in 2018 and odds are that Kyrie will have no finals appearances in his first two years with Cleveland. 
IMHO, D Wade was the smarter and more successful player to sacrifice being the focal point than Kyrie who bolted from a team because he wasn’t the focal point.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #113 on: April 18, 2019, 02:37:22 PM »
Taught kids only use email deez daze, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #114 on: April 18, 2019, 05:12:39 PM »
Taught kids only use email deez daze, hey?
Email, you’re still a step behind oldster.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #115 on: April 18, 2019, 05:14:34 PM »
Email, you’re still a step behind oldster.

The Meatheads use pagers, man. Get with it.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #116 on: April 18, 2019, 07:02:52 PM »
Here is a potential analogy to this unfortunate situation:
•   2010 – D Wade is the star of the Miami Heat.  He successfully recruits Lebron James (and Chris Bosh) to Miami to win championships.  For the most part his stats decline across the board because Lebron becomes the focal point.  Result – D Wade will make the HOF and his unselfish nature allows him to win two championships with the “Big Three.”
•   2017 – Kyrie Irving is second fiddle to Lebron on Cleveland.  They won the championship the year prior (2016), but lost to GS in 2017.  Kyrie wants to be the focal point and get out from Lebron’s shadow.  Kyrie demands a trade and end up in Boston.  Cleveland makes the NBA finals w/o Kyrie in 2018 and odds are that Kyrie will have no finals appearances in his first two years with Cleveland. 
IMHO, D Wade was the smarter and more successful player to sacrifice being the focal point than Kyrie who bolted from a team because he wasn’t the focal point.

Though ironically lebron's critics talk about his refusal to take over games and to be more selfish.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #117 on: April 18, 2019, 07:50:41 PM »
This seems to be in dispute by the pro-Hauser posters.  It's not that the Hausers wanted the ball more per se, they just wanted to see it distributed more, regardless of who was getting it.
Yeah....I’m sure they were advocating for Theo or Ed to get more opportunities. Give me a break.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #118 on: April 18, 2019, 08:04:53 PM »
Ummmmm

Painter breathing a sigh of relief.

Oregon Warrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #119 on: April 18, 2019, 08:19:55 PM »
I read in one post that Markus was allowed to go home for the summer when the rest of the team had to stay on campus. In one of the post game press conferences this past season Wojo discussed how he rests Markus during the week because of his usage in games. It seems fairly evident that Markus has been treated differently than the rest of the team.

It’s somewhat ironic given Wojo’s continuous comments about the strength of the team being the team. I don’t pretend to know Wojo’s justification for treating Markus differently but It’s hard to blame the Hauser’s or any other player if their frustration stemmed from this.

genious expert

• Team Captain
« Reply #120 on: April 18, 2019, 08:25:57 PM »
I found the letter

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #121 on: April 18, 2019, 08:26:39 PM »
I read in one post that Markus was allowed to go home for the summer when the rest of the team had to stay on campus. In one of the post game press conferences this past season Wojo discussed how he rests Markus during the week because of his usage in games. It seems fairly evident that Markus has been treated differently than the rest of the team.

It’s somewhat ironic given Wojo’s continuous comments about the strength of the team being the team. I don’t pretend to know Wojo’s justification for treating Markus differently but It’s hard to blame the Hauser’s or any other player if their frustration stemmed from this.

To be fair, in an interview I heard, he said both Markus and Sam don’t practice as much as others due to their usage and minutes. I had the mental image of Wojo screaming at the team at practice and those two on the sideline resting. Probably couldn’t be great for morale. Not sure if that’s a common practice in NCAA.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #122 on: April 18, 2019, 08:32:29 PM »
I found the letter

Wojo,

I quit you.

Dave