[April 30, 2024, 11:37:53 PM]

Shaka interview by Jay Bee
[April 30, 2024, 09:36:41 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[April 30, 2024, 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 30, 2024, 02:09:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: The Letter  (Read 23764 times)

GB Warrior

• All American
Re: The Letter
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2019, 09:53:15 PM »
The only choice worse than writing a letter to express disdain would have been supporting the US Postal Service by mailing it

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2019, 09:54:56 PM »
2 things:

1.  From the letter it was said that during the losing streak nothing was done nor did Markus sit while playing poorly.  Well thats complete BS.  There were very long stretches of game where Markus was benched during the losing streak.  Unfortunately while Markus was benched Joey turned it over like it had lube on it and Sam was chucking bricks himself.  So much of the basis of this so called letter is bullcrap.

2.  Wtf?! Writes a letter.  I cannot possibly imagine a letter wAs witten.  The hauser parents were in milwaukee all the fin time.  Everyone on this board knows a parent n a child that had a problem or a concern with their child on a team.  How many of them ever wrote a letter?  And tried to have teammates sign it.  Complete chicken s#it

Both these points cause me to doubt tge validity of this letter.  I will say this,  with every moment n read post my opinion of the entire Hauser clan takes another step down
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2019, 10:03:09 PM »
The only choice worse than writing a letter to express disdain would have been supporting the US Postal Service by mailing it

There must be some word on Scoop
About Hausers wantin' to score more hoops
Please Mr. Postman let us know
If there's a letter a letter for Wojo
We've been sittin' here
Waitin' Mr. Postman so speculatively
To take a peek at the alleged letter
That says Markus is too stinkin' greedy
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2019, 10:22:38 PM »
I write letters, especially to deal with difficult or emotional situations.

It can be challenging to stay calm and express all the points one wants to make in a conversation. Writing a letter gives time to be thoughtful and to properly articulate ones' perspective. In addition, unlike a verbal conversation, one can edit a letter. Last, a letter is something that can be documented and left behind. This provides both a record of what is communicated and allows the recipient time to re-read and reflect.
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2019, 10:26:44 PM »

There must be some word on Scoop
About Hausers wantin' to score more hoops
Please Mr. Postman let us know
If there's a letter a letter for Wojo
We've been sittin' here
Waitin' Mr. Postman so speculatively
To take a peek at the alleged letter
That says Markus is too stinkin' greedy

This exchange is prime Scoop.  Laughing so hard that I'm in tears!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2019, 10:28:05 PM »
The letter was burned and Jesus came down himself to save it from the fiery inferno.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2019, 10:35:22 PM »
The dude who originally posted it on the Scout board says that he DM'd people about the existence of the letter back in March.

Other posters backed up this claim, saying they'd be willing to show a screenshot of the DM.

Scout underboard > Scoop underboard

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2019, 10:44:56 PM »
The dude who originally posted it on the Scout board says that he DM'd people about the existence of the letter back in March.

Other posters backed up this claim, saying they'd be willing to show a screenshot of the DM.

Scout underboard > Scoop underboard

But are they sure it was really a letter, and not a memo, or a note, or a manifesto, or perhaps a white paper???

auburnmarquette

• Team Captain
    • Value Add Explaination
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2019, 10:49:53 PM »
If the Hausers are really all about team play why write a letter complaining about Markus and ask other players to sign it?  Talk about torpedoing team chemistry. That literally is turning players against each other and the coaching staff.

If they had a problem with Markus why not talk to him...
Also, I love the irony of Joey asking Bailey and Cain to sign a letter about someone getting special treatment while sucking.

Yeah, jealousy the motivator for all of time. The press Markus got all year was great for him and the program, but coworkers get more jealous the more coverage 99% of the time. When I had my 5 minutes of Fame on Fox news after winning a big race in 2014 inturned down a.dozen big interviews to not show up my candidate, said in the one interview that it was all about the hundreds of volunteers, and still had one coworker I loved not talk to me for over a year and knives everywhere. Being in political campaigns for years I knew it would come, but jealousy is natural and it's a shame it tears things down so often. Sure me and everyone else is guilty of it on many occasions, just not on as big a stage!
http://www.pudnersports.com/ for my blogs or articles and www.valueaddbasketball.com for for current and historic rankings.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2019, 11:12:52 PM »
Writing a letter to the coach - what a marshmellowy soft way of handling a confrontation.

Someone please link the Facebook Wit and Wisdom of Al McGuire post on the Bernard Toone-Al McGuire fight in NCAA Rd1 game vs Cincinnati.

Late in the first half of a close game, Toone improvised a shot attempt on a set play called for someone else (sound familiar?).

This pissed off Al immensely, so Al calls timeout and just as Toone walks past him, Al goes, “I’ll cut off your hand, Bernard, if you ever do that again.”
BT responds, “You know something...you’re a Muther#&$%er to play for.”
The halftime horn sounds and Al makes a beeline to Toone in the locker room...”where is that s.o.b.? I’m gonna kill him...I’m gonna cut his throat.”

Toone after the game said that Al “put his finger in my cheek and pushed it into my face...so I reacted like a NEw York kid....I jumped at him, grabbed him by the collar and flung him onto the taping table.”

Bo Ellis then recounted how BT went on to score 26 points in the 2nd half. “Coach Al was a master psychiatrist.”

Maybe Sam thinks Wojo should’ve done this with Markus when he went off script.
It’s kinda sad that coaches can’t coach anymore...and when they can’t, they receive a letter calling them out for it.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2019, 11:23:12 PM »
Do you think they typed the letter?

Maybe it was handwritten? If so definitely wide ruled.

Was the first letter of the missive 5xsized for Calligraphic effect?

Parchment?

Unfurled by a court jester while SongsFromTheWood or FanfareForTheCommonMan played?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 11:42:42 PM by NorthernDancerColt »
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

Miss Katie’s

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2019, 11:47:54 PM »
But are they sure it was really a letter, and not a memo, or a note, or a manifesto, or perhaps a white paper???

It was a mission statement. 

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2019, 11:52:01 PM »
That in itself makes Sam look like a real jerk.

Someone rushed into the flames of Notre Dame and saved the Crown of Thorns...

Why can’t anyone bum-rush the StevensPoint CrackerBarrel and extract the Dead-to-Me See Scrolls?

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2019, 11:55:53 PM »
Pretty sure you’re gonna see this...

Mike Lovell:

“And recently a group of our student athletes took part in a letter writing campaign focused on wealth distribution and making sure everyone in this country had equal opportunities”
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2019, 12:06:40 AM »
No Cracker Barrel in Point, try Perkins or Applebee’s though...

Someone rushed into the flames of Notre Dame and saved the Crown of Thorns...

Why can’t anyone bum-rush the StevensPoint CrackerBarrel and extract the Dead-to-Me See Scrolls?

djvern414

• Walk-On
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2019, 12:24:41 AM »
Letter?!  They should have gone with a power point.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2019, 06:23:53 AM »
Some animosity began when Markus was allowed to go back home over the summer to work out with his family while everyone else was required to stay on campus. A lot of players were frustrated with this and rightfully so.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2019, 07:20:26 AM »

What a great song. Appreciate the several of you who have done good work coming up with lyrics in this thread.
Personally, I prefer the Joe Cocker version
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2019, 07:33:58 AM »
Letter?!  They should have gone with a power point.

So much this.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2019, 07:40:37 AM »
Do you think they typed the letter?

Maybe it was handwritten? If so definitely wide ruled.

Typed. In comic sans.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2019, 07:41:46 AM »
Typed. In comic sans.

Well no wonder it fell on deaf ears -- Wojo can only read wingdings

tower912

• All American
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2019, 07:43:56 AM »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2019, 08:07:27 AM »
2 things:

1.  From the letter it was said that during the losing streak nothing was done nor did Markus sit while playing poorly.  Well thats complete BS.  There were very long stretches of game where Markus was benched during the losing streak.  Unfortunately while Markus was benched Joey turned it over like it had lube on it and Sam was chucking bricks himself.  So much of the basis of this so called letter is bullcrap.

2.  Wtf?! Writes a letter.  I cannot possibly imagine a letter wAs witten.  The hauser parents were in milwaukee all the fin time.  Everyone on this board knows a parent n a child that had a problem or a concern with their child on a team.  How many of them ever wrote a letter?  And tried to have teammates sign it.  Complete chicken s#it

Both these points cause me to doubt tge validity of this letter.  I will say this,  with every moment n read post my opinion of the entire Hauser clan takes another step down

Do you have the same sources on this point that led you to aggresively deny that anything was going on with the Hausers in the Armageddon thread in the couple of hours prior to the transfer announcement. Maybe sit back and consume info from people that know more than you for once.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2019, 08:50:47 AM »

I was in corporate management training last week.  And a segment in the training was how communicating things is most understood by people. 
Words               7%
Tone                 38%
Body Language  55%

People will understand more by someone's body language and tone than by what is written down.  Most people in training expressed how they tried to carefully write things to communicate information but the point was that it's not nearly as understood as the writer thinks.

MDMU04

• All American
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2019, 08:57:20 AM »
If the guys really wanted results, they would've used powerpoint.
"They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed." - Al McGuire

feedback