[Today at 09:50:49 PM]

Shaka interview by Jay Bee
[Today at 09:36:41 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[Today at 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[Today at 02:09:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Reality Check  (Read 12973 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Reality Check
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2019, 11:15:29 PM »
Dad’s couch just wrote war and peace of wojo apology.   I wouldnt be surprised if our current roster felt just as comfortable with stan at the helm as an interim coach. 

Seems like wojo has lost respect from the players after this coup attempt from the brothers hauser.   

Lets can this loser Wojo and move on!

You want to hire an interim coach....the year before we go into a rebuilding year. That's an interesting strategy.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2019, 07:23:45 AM »
Honestly I think Joey was the bigger loss. Not next season but I would have loved three more years of Joey.
Sounds like Wojo probably would not have loved 3 more years of Joey.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2019, 10:50:59 PM »
I've always loved this quote, and think it's a good time for it.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

Some simple facts after this quote.  Each of the people we are hammering on (one side or the other) have spent their entire lives in the arena.  No one should really criticize them unless they are facing them in the arena.  It's Ok to ask "what were they thinking?"  I personally admire everyone and anyone willing to get into the fire and man up.  I don't question each and every move unless I'm in there with them.

Sam was my favorite player over the last couple years. I'm sad to see him go, wish him the best, and wish he could have worked it out.  I won't miss Joey.  My impression as an ex-career military leader, ex-college coach, and current senior sales manager, he pouted a lot. I chalked it up to "Freshman." Now the "pouting" I perceived takes a different look. He might be significantly better in a few years, but I think there is enough younger talent at MU to compensate. Sam needed something different. Good for him and his brother, so off they go.

Wojo takes a ton of heat on this board, but like it or not, he's here. Work with it. Our sole job is support, unless we want to get in the arena again (or for the first time).  I don't plan on being a big enough donor to make an impact in that area. Therefore I'll continue verbal support of Wojo.  And as a second note, if a player can't adjust to what the coach wants, he should go. It's the bad for the team and culture. Sam and Joey decided they didn't fit. They fell on their swords and moved on.

Lots of folks can attack at will, but I'm all in for next year, and think we'll be OK with a solid point guard, and Greg coming back.  Who knows, Ike might make an impact (He looked in great shape and health as the season progressed).  I do know the remaining players appeared to love Markus in the games, and with a true point guard he can be perhaps more effective.  I'm going to wait and see how Wojo modifies, changes, or who he is able to snap up out of the ever growing (each year as well as now) transfer pool.  Recognize what this is ... opportunity for the next man up! 

None of these guys are jerks (yet).  Hausers have their reasons, and I just hope they thought it out.  With luck, a couple of our guys will be able to face up on them in the arena, and have some fun making the regret leaving.  Wojo will continue to learn as he goes.

Marquette is a special place, and each of us should remember that those standing in our arena mostly know that.  I've said my peace ... Go Marquette - Beat Villanova, Beat Wisconsin!

Class of 1980 doing MUBB right. No surprise there.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2019, 11:08:46 PM »
Honestly I think Joey was the bigger loss. Not next season but I would have loved three more years of Joey.

Remember when some Scoopers were speculatin' that Joey would leave Marquette early.

Well ... they were right!

OK, so they were talkin' about the NBA. But still ...
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2019, 07:06:50 AM »
I already responded to you about this once. Your conclusion is wrong. Also, Edwards' shot ratio was less (34.7% vs 36.1%).

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=58615.msg1124954#msg1124954
carsen had a higher usage rate
https://www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/stats?category=ADVANCED

So, what is it?
Winning cures everything
Purdue's teammates are not as selfish at the Hausers
Painter and his staff can manage people better
Carsen is going pro, so the point is moot?

Or a little bit of everything, as each case is different.