[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: What was Wojo's alternative?  (Read 77785 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: What was Wojo's alternative?
« Reply #325 on: June 02, 2019, 06:21:51 PM »
Back to your rumor, speculation, and opinion against my rumor, speculation, and opinion.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Fred Garvin

• All American
« Reply #326 on: June 02, 2019, 06:24:23 PM »
You cant get any more closer to source then he did,and it wasn't the kids

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #327 on: June 02, 2019, 06:53:39 PM »
Tomayto tomahto

But would’ve trusted the coach knew what he was doing had the All American left. Which ruins your theory.

What also ruins your theory is Sam had 2 years in the program and lacked so much trust in a coach being able to do his job well that his younger brother joined him to play for that coach.

The math doesn’t add up.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #328 on: June 02, 2019, 06:58:08 PM »
But would’ve trusted the coach knew what he was doing had the All American left. Which ruins your theory.

What also ruins your theory is Sam had 2 years in the program and lacked so much trust in a coach being able to do his job well that his younger brother joined him to play for that coach.

The math doesn’t add up.
Doesn’t ruin anything. Markus leaving would’ve taken the situation Wojo couldn’t correct, (the one they didn’t trust him to correct) out of Wojo’s hands. Then Sam would’ve held his nose and played his final season for a coach he’s clearly not a huge fan of. It’s not like transferring to sit one/play one was some amazing option
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 07:00:04 PM by NickelDimer »
No Finish Line

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #329 on: June 02, 2019, 07:00:19 PM »
Doesn’t ruin anything. Markus leaving would’ve taken the situation Wojo couldn’t correct, (the one they didn’t trust him to correct) out of Wojo’s hands.

So they trust Wojo...when they’re the best players.

Makes sense.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #330 on: June 02, 2019, 07:04:33 PM »
So they trust Wojo...when they’re the best players.

Makes sense.
Your comprehension is lacking
No Finish Line

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #331 on: June 02, 2019, 07:05:31 PM »
Maybe he was trying to hold the roster together with that MVP, or more importantly because the kid deserved it.

Wanting to leave doesn’t make someone a jerk, either.  I’ve seen very few people here claim Sam fits that description. He wanted a change, he made it.   I’m cheering for those that want to be at MU.

I don't disagree with what you are saying.  I was responding to the emerging "Villain Hauser" narrative, which I disagree with.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #332 on: June 02, 2019, 07:08:33 PM »
Just wondering IF they had not gotten blown out in the NCAA tourney game, and had they actually won it and another game or two, if things would have been better?? No way of knowing, but if they were unhappy prior to that which it seems they were, getting blasted in the NCAA's I'm sure did not help matters. Maybe they would have left even if they had won a tourney game or two, but after the late season failings, coupled with the blowout NCAA tourney loss, had to have been the final nail. Hard to say if winning a game or two in the tourney would have made a difference or not.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #333 on: June 02, 2019, 07:18:07 PM »
Talked to friend on Friday night,he talked to Family member,simply said in the families mind the inability of Wojo to reel in Howard 's play,was the reason they left

maybe wojo didn't want to reel in MH.  maybe it was wojo's way of saying we're doing just fine with they way MH is playing mr, howsa, thanks for playing now take your seat and go back to whatcha know.  i'm the coach.  we were doing pretty good before that "skid".  didn't appear as though sam and joey weren't getting touches.  sam's numbers were up from previous year and joey got the benefit of the doubt...A LOT

if mr. howsa was honest about the situation, he should have told wojo to stop playing his son so much and treat him like he would any other freshman.  pull him after some mistakes and use that as a teaching moment.  i didn't hear too many nba teams talking about joey right out of hs.  in other words, he needed college to hone his game...A LOT.  now joey might develop into a very fine player, but he has some work to do.  that's to be expected, but he was acting like a prima donna and that bothered me a little
don't...don't don't don't don't

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #334 on: June 02, 2019, 07:22:05 PM »
So, all about the touches.   And unable to co-exist with Markus Wojo.

FTFY

tower912

• All American
« Reply #335 on: June 02, 2019, 07:26:35 PM »
Dammit.   Rocket agrees with me.   Now I have to rethink everything.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

muguru

• All American
« Reply #336 on: June 02, 2019, 07:50:27 PM »
Everyone hating on Sam...smh Yet, this is the same kid that AFTER he committed to Virginia, changed his twitter picture back to one of him in an MU uniform. Does that sound like someone that's a bad kid?? Has anyone here ever quit a job for another opportunity?? Were you deemed a "quitter" by your former co workers?? Or were they thnakful of what you contributed over the years and realized that you wanted a better opportunity??

I left a job after 21 years, to take an opportunity I thought was better for me and would make me happier because the last 5 years or so at the 21 year job, things had changed to the point where I wasn't happy anymore..I was the last person people there thought would be unhappy...I had security, a great position in the company and everyone respected me. No one called me a "quitter".

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #337 on: June 02, 2019, 08:01:33 PM »
Dammit.   Rocket agrees with me.   Now I have to rethink everything.

i knew something was weird when i saw them pigs(with lip stick) flyin off my backyard 8-)

in all seriousness, am i happy with the way chit has gone down?  f-no.  purely from a coach's standpoint, wojo's only real alternative here was to wish the boys well and don't let the door hit...what was he supposed to do?  plead with the hauser's and promise he'll do better?  this is a "stepping thru the threshold moment for wojo.  let's give him this year.  he may finally have his team sans a few parents sitting behind him who forgot to bring their tic-tacs.  as a team, either you're with your coach or not. 

ok, another can't prove this moment, but ya can't tell me he and coach shashefski weren't pretty close during this period and there are not many other b-ball minds i would want in my fox hole when the bullets are flying
don't...don't don't don't don't

tower912

• All American
« Reply #338 on: June 02, 2019, 08:08:13 PM »
More agreeing!  Nobody is happy with how it went down.  And the coach is the coach. And when confronted by players who are no longer buying in to what you are doing...

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #339 on: June 02, 2019, 08:10:13 PM »
Your comprehension is lacking

Your ability to convey is lacking
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #340 on: June 02, 2019, 08:13:21 PM »
Everyone hating on Sam...smh Yet, this is the same kid that AFTER he committed to Virginia, changed his twitter picture back to one of him in an MU uniform. Does that sound like someone that's a bad kid?? Has anyone here ever quit a job for another opportunity?? Were you deemed a "quitter" by your former co workers?? Or were they thnakful of what you contributed over the years and realized that you wanted a better opportunity??

I left a job after 21 years, to take an opportunity I thought was better for me and would make me happier because the last 5 years or so at the 21 year job, things had changed to the point where I wasn't happy anymore..I was the last person people there thought would be unhappy...I had security, a great position in the company and everyone respected me. No one called me a "quitter".

After 21 years someone leaving isn’t going to be called a quitter.

You said EVERYONE is on Sam...bull crap.  False.  Fake news.   I hope Sam does well at UVA and finds happiness.

Everyone is plain false statement by you.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #341 on: June 02, 2019, 08:14:09 PM »
i knew something was weird when i saw them pigs(with lip stick) flyin off my backyard 8-)

in all seriousness, am i happy with the way chit has gone down?  f-no.  purely from a coach's standpoint, wojo's only real alternative here was to wish the boys well and don't let the door hit...what was he supposed to do?  plead with the hauser's and promise he'll do better?  this is a "stepping thru the threshold moment for wojo.  let's give him this year.  he may finally have his team sans a few parents sitting behind him who forgot to bring their tic-tacs.  as a team, either you're with your coach or not. 

ok, another can't prove this moment, but ya can't tell me he and coach shashefski weren't pretty close during this period and there are not many other b-ball minds i would want in my fox hole when the bullets are flying

Agree completely

muguru

• All American
« Reply #342 on: June 02, 2019, 08:35:07 PM »
After 21 years someone leaving isn’t going to be called a quitter.

You said EVERYONE is on Sam...bull crap.  False.  Fake news.   I hope Sam does well at UVA and finds happiness.

Everyone is plain false statement by you.

MOST everyone has either slammed Joey or Sam. That better?? Because you have never given MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY false statements on this board through the years?? You're the king of it. Lenny will back me up on that. You're crafty though, in that when yo uare called out on it, you proclaim something that no one can really verify. But when someone verify it, even though you think they can't, and they call you out on it, you stick to your story that you are right, and no one else could possibly have info to show you aren't. Now THAT is fake news.  ;)

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #343 on: June 02, 2019, 08:38:47 PM »
The Co-MVP award certainly seems to lend credibility to the argument that Sam was a non-issue
Wojo could of been trying to appease both parties.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #344 on: June 02, 2019, 08:41:40 PM »
I really don't think most people have bashed Sam or Joey. Some have. More have bashed Wojo. Most haven't done either.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #345 on: June 02, 2019, 08:42:33 PM »
Wojo could of been trying to appease both parties.

I suppose. My gut tells me that's not the case.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #346 on: June 02, 2019, 09:12:27 PM »
MOST everyone has either slammed Joey or Sam. That better?? Because you have never given MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY false statements on this board through the years?? You're the king of it. Lenny will back me up on that. You're crafty though, in that when yo uare called out on it, you proclaim something that no one can really verify. But when someone verify it, even though you think they can't, and they call you out on it, you stick to your story that you are right, and no one else could possibly have info to show you aren't. Now THAT is fake news.  ;)

Lenny will back you up on it, while pressuring Sam and saying Fluffy and I are the same,  LOL.  Well that’s the Good House Keeping seal of approval then.

Look, you said everyone, which was false. Don’t get all pissy because you were calls on it.  How many of you out 99% or 100% of it on the coach?  Most reasonable people here have said there is plenty of blame to go around.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 09:14:04 PM by Cheeks »

muguru

• All American
« Reply #347 on: June 02, 2019, 09:29:11 PM »
Lenny will back you up on it, while pressuring Sam and saying Fluffy and I are the same,  LOL.  Well that’s the Good House Keeping seal of approval then.

Look, you said everyone, which was false. Don’t get all pissy because you were calls on it.  How many of you out 99% or 100% of it on the coach?  Most reasonable people here have said there is plenty of blame to go around.

You blame Buzz as your way of "justifying" Wojo's results to this point. 6 years ago. No longer relevant. Don't get all pissy and try to spin when you get called out on it. Your problem is, you talk so tough all the time. "There's so much dirt on buzz, and someday I will tell the board everything". You have been called out on that numerous times, and there's been *crickets* on that every single time. You state emphatically 100% that there was a rape, and when you have been called out on that(from people that have MUCH MUCH better info then yo uwish you ever had), have stated differently, you still stick to our story like you were there.

The thing is, you have NO info, at least not credible info...your like the Ericthred of the scoop board. Claiming you have all this info and saying "this is exactly what happened" only to find out that's not what actually happened. But both of you insist it's the way I say it is in regards to this. The difference is, he has people at Buckyville that actually believe he has good info, and has developed a weird cult following, I'm pretty sure you don't have that same following here. But whatever helps you sleep better at night.

I will henceforth be referring to you as Chicosthered in any conversation we have moving forward. The more i think about it, the more I realize the similarities between you two are striking. Both egotistical and arrogant as anyone could possibly be. Congratulations, you're in great company.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #348 on: June 02, 2019, 09:45:32 PM »
Tomayto tomahto

So Sam spent two seasons at MU, encouraged his brother to join the team (a half season early, in fact) and then, and only then, determined Wojo was an incompetent coach he couldn't trust?
Is Sam a very slow learner? If not, your speculation doesn't add up.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 09:48:41 PM by Pakuni »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #349 on: June 02, 2019, 09:49:43 PM »
You blame Buzz as your way of "justifying" Wojo's results to this point. 6 years ago. No longer relevant. Don't get all pissy and try to spin when you get called out on it. Your problem is, you talk so tough all the time. "There's so much dirt on buzz, and someday I will tell the board everything". You have been called out on that numerous times, and there's been *crickets* on that every single time. You state emphatically 100% that there was a rape, and when you have been called out on that(from people that have MUCH MUCH better info then yo uwish you ever had), have stated differently, you still stick to our story like you were there.

The thing is, you have NO info, at least not credible info...your like the Ericthred of the scoop board. Claiming you have all this info and saying "this is exactly what happened" only to find out that's not what actually happened. But both of you insist it's the way I say it is in regards to this. The difference is, he has people at Buckyville that actually believe he has good info, and has developed a weird cult following, I'm pretty sure you don't have that same following here. But whatever helps you sleep better at night.

I will henceforth be referring to you as Chicosthered in any conversation we have moving forward. The more i think about it, the more I realize the similarities between you two are striking. Both egotistical and arrogant as anyone could possibly be. Congratulations, you're in great company.

LOL.  Bring it.  I remember back one of our first exchanges more than 10 years ago where your post about Dwade’s divorce was so disgusting Hilltopper had to edit your post and my response to it because so many of us were disgusted by it.....but sure, you go with your reference.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 10:05:17 PM by Cheeks »