[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Masters 2019  (Read 14879 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Masters 2019
« on: April 11, 2019, 07:12:19 AM »
Looks like Tiger is primed and ready to claim his spot at the top of the golf world. So far in his return we have seen Spieth falter from the Intimidation. Looks like Rory caves a few weeks ago under the pressure too. Don’t believe many of the modern guys will have the ability mentally to hold him off . Tiger still hits shots no one else can.

I think the only guy who won’t crack under the pressure is Koepka.That Cat is a stone cold golfing assasin in the majors.  However , Tiger has the knowledge edge on him at Augusta.

I am looking forward to seeing Tiger wearing the green jacket on Sunday .  I think he will win by Two strokes.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
Re: Masters 2019
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 07:43:47 AM »
Looks like Tiger is primed and ready to claim his spot at the top of the golf world. So far in his return we have seen Spieth falter from the Intimidation. Looks like Rory caves a few weeks ago under the pressure too. Don’t believe many of the modern guys will have the ability mentally to hold him off . Tiger still hits shots no one else can.

I think the only guy who won’t crack under the pressure is Koepka.That Cat is a stone cold golfing assasin in the majors.  However , Tiger has the knowledge edge on him at Augusta.

I am looking forward to seeing Tiger wearing the green jacket on Sunday .  I think he will win by Two strokes.

Just keep predicting this every major tournament, 9-9-9. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.

The Intimidation always works. Just ask Lucas Bjerregaard.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 08:03:33 AM »
Tiger hasn't shown anything this year.  Not feeling it.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 08:37:49 AM »

::)

Goose

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 09:37:30 AM »
Herman

I think this is the week Tiger gets it done as well. If he plays well today and is not chasing, I think he delivers the good on Sunday.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2019, 12:32:44 PM »
Tiger the assassin has taken the golf world by storm, everyone has crumbled and withered in his presence so much that he has won...1 tournament.  He's playing well again, but this narrative of the all powerful world beating Tiger is so played out.

ESPN.com today
"Tiger starts fast"
"Tiger off to a strong start"

Hadnt been paying attention, figured wow, he must be leading them out....nope, hes even through 9 and 3 strokes back.  ::)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2019, 02:35:56 PM »
Here is my tried and true Tiger formula for success:

The only thing in the way of Tiger winning is amount of players ahead of him. He then usually halves that amount each of the first three days and then wins it on the back nine.

So if he is in top 20 or better day one , then day two top 10 day three and day three top 5 . Makes up the 5 by the 10th hole and then everyone collapses down the stretch .
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2019, 02:39:12 PM »
Except that his m.o. was to get a lead the first three days.  Never won a major with a big Sunday charge.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 02:40:47 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2019, 02:58:32 PM »

The only thing in the way of Tiger winning is amount of players ahead of him. He then usually halves that amount each of the first three days and then wins it on the back nine.

So if he is in top 20 or better day one , then day two top 10 day three and day three top 5 . Makes up the 5 by the 10th hole and then everyone collapses down the stretch .

Super true, and DEAD on.  Just the way it played out in the British when Molinari, Kisner, and Schauffele imploded with Tiger on their heels.  And yet again, at Bellerive, Koepka couldn't handle Tiger stalking him and fell apart.  No reason to believe it will be any different at Augusta.

Tried, true, and 60% of the time it works every time

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2019, 03:50:47 PM »
By "The Indimidation," maybe 9-9-9 means Tiger gets intimidated time and again.

Actually, he's off to a nice start. Hope it continues. Any major is better with Tiger in the hunt on Sunday.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2019, 03:54:21 PM »
Driver and irons were great, pitting was not. Lots of golf to be played

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2019, 04:07:43 PM »
Tiger hasn't shown anything this year.  Not feeling it.

I don't think this is accurate. He has played in 5 tournaments. He's finished 30th, 20th, 15th, 10th, and lost in the QF of match play.

He has been a legitimate top 15 player in the world. Is he going to win the Masters? Probably not. But Tiger is good at golf again.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2019, 04:17:30 PM »
I don't think this is accurate. He has played in 5 tournaments. He's finished 30th, 20th, 15th, 10th, and lost in the QF of match play.

He has been a legitimate top 15 player in the world. Is he going to win the Masters? Probably not. But Tiger is good at golf again.

He also was 10, 11, 8, and 13 strokes back, respectively, in each of those tourneys.  He's been consistently pretty good, but not a major threat or a force of nature.

Is he good at golf again? Sure, nobody is arguing that.  It just feels like golf fans or observers are falling into 2 camps, Tiger fanboys giddy with excitement that he's back playing at a good level, and those who are realistic.  The former, ESPN included, are still handling him like he's 30 years old laying waste to the field when thats not the case at all.  He could absolutely win a major, but its not more likely than about 20-25 other guys in the field.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2019, 04:26:07 PM »
Agree with most of what you say. I cheer for Tiger and hope he wins but I never expect him to. Too many great golfers out there today.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2019, 05:31:06 PM »
He also was 10, 11, 8, and 13 strokes back, respectively, in each of those tourneys.  He's been consistently pretty good, but not a major threat or a force of nature.

Is he good at golf again? Sure, nobody is arguing that.  It just feels like golf fans or observers are falling into 2 camps, Tiger fanboys giddy with excitement that he's back playing at a good level, and those who are realistic.  The former, ESPN included, are still handling him like he's 30 years old laying waste to the field when thats not the case at all.  He could absolutely win a major, but its not more likely than about 20-25 other guys in the field.

You forgot 'and has been injured'.

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2019, 06:14:24 PM »
I like Thai John Daly.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2019, 06:43:22 PM »

When has that ever happened for Tiger in a major? Further, is it commonly how he wins his majors?

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2019, 07:13:09 PM »
Tiger is in great shape. Right now the battle is between him and Koepka. Everyone else will collapse . He is 4 strokes back . I think he can narrow the gap to 2 after tomorrow .
                       ---Al McGuire

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2019, 07:57:54 PM »
Tiger missed many "makeable" birdie putts today. Half of those find the bottom of the cup, the cat is the leader in the clubhouse, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2019, 08:05:52 PM »
Tiger missed many "makeable" birdie putts today. Half of those find the bottom of the cup, the cat is the leader in the clubhouse, hey?

How many times has that lament been said over the years? 500? 5000? More?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2019, 08:56:05 PM »

Name one Major he has won with that formula.

As a matter of fact, he has NEVER won a major with that formula. I believe he has been tied or ahead after 54 holes every time he won.

On six occasions (most recently at the 2013 Open at Muirfield), Woods was within two shots of the 54-hole lead, only to come up short.

IOW, your formula has never worked even once in his career.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2019, 08:59:01 PM »
BTW, my picks before the start were Rahm, Day, or Koepke.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2019, 09:08:01 PM »
BTW, my picks before the start were Rahm, Day, or Koepke.
You picked well.
                       ---Al McGuire

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2019, 05:50:11 AM »
Name one Major he has won with that formula.

As a matter of fact, he has NEVER won a major with that formula. I believe he has been tied or ahead after 54 holes every time he won.

On six occasions (most recently at the 2013 Open at Muirfield), Woods was within two shots of the 54-hole lead, only to come up short.

IOW, your formula has never worked even once in his career.

Tried and true!

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2019, 12:56:05 PM »
Zach Johnson is every casual golfer right now.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

feedback