[Today at 05:53:49 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Masters 2019  (Read 14876 times)

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
Re: Masters 2019
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2019, 06:11:48 PM »
Tiger should have a 4-5 stroke lead with all the bunnies he’s missed. At least it’s not affecting his drives and iron game. If he keeps it up and finds his putter it could be over tomorrow.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2019, 06:14:16 PM »
That is a helluva leader board.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2019, 08:07:58 PM »
Here is my tried and true Tiger formula for success:

The only thing in the way of Tiger winning is amount of players ahead of him. He then usually halves that amount each of the first three days and then wins it on the back nine.

So if he is in top 20 or better day one , then day two top 10 day three and day three top 5 . Makes up the 5 by the 10th hole and then everyone collapses down the stretch .
Tiger following the formula . Day one he was tie 11 day two halves it so now down to tie 6 after tomorrow he should be in the top 3 or better.

The tournament is over and just make sure the green jacket fits.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2019, 09:08:47 PM »
Tiger following the formula . Day one he was tie 11 day two halves it so now down to tie 6 after tomorrow he should be in the top 3 or better.

I won't argue tiger's situation in this tournament.

Please provide evidence of him ever winning a major by your method

MU82

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2019, 09:47:38 PM »

He's actually not following the formula at all.

But I'm always glad to see Tiger in the hunt.

Great leaderboard, and I'm looking forward to watching a lot of golf this weekend. I hope the weather cooperates.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2019, 09:49:52 PM »
I won't argue tiger's situation in this tournament.

Please provide evidence of him ever winning a major by your method
The method is he halves the amount of players in front of him after each round. That is he improves on the weekends when it matters. I just picked out the top 20 as a starting point. Most of the time he starts out higher and has less players to pass.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2019, 11:19:33 AM »
The method is he halves the amount of players in front of him after each round. That is he improves on the weekends when it matters. I just picked out the top 20 as a starting point. Most of the time he starts out higher and has less players to pass.

You're just making stuff up now.  And has been proved in this thread that he doesn't "win" by the method you described.

The 5 guys ahead of him on the leaderboard all have wins in majors.  2 have green jackets, 2 of the others "crumbled" when Tiger appeared, oops, took him head on last year and smoked him.  And the world #1, DJ, is tied with him.  Set up for a great weekend of golf, ratings will be fantastic.  But continue to gloss over that with your inane, uninformed fanboy nonsense.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2019, 11:26:50 AM »
You're just making stuff up now.  And has been proved in this thread that he doesn't "win" by the method you described.

The 5 guys ahead of him on the leaderboard all have wins in majors.  2 have green jackets, 2 of the others "crumbled" when Tiger appeared, oops, took him head on last year and smoked him.  And the world #1, DJ, is tied with him.  Set up for a great weekend of golf, ratings will be fantastic.  But continue to gloss over that with your inane, uninformed fanboy nonsense.
Tiger will end up the day around 10 under and should be in the final group  heading into the last day.

Augusta is Tigers house and he is back in form. Tiger = Jordan , Babe Ruth level of dominance.

No one can hit the kind of shots Tiger can mich less under pressure . The accurate very high Long shots into tough holes . Think 11 or the scoring opportunities on 13 and 15.  His short game mastery eliminates big numbers.

Koepka and Day have good ability and I put them in the David Duval category when Duval was great. That is close but not enough to beat Tiger at his best.
                       ---Al McGuire

nyg

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2019, 11:41:22 AM »
Tiger will end up the day around 10 under and should be in the final group  heading into the last day.

Augusta is Tigers house and he is back in form. Tiger = Jordan , Babe Ruth level of dominance.

No one can hit the kind of shots Tiger can mich less under pressure . The accurate very high Long shots into tough holes . Think 11 or the scoring opportunities on 13 and 15.  His short game mastery eliminates big numbers.

Koepka and Day have good ability and I put them in the David Duval category when Duval was great. That is close but not enough to beat Tiger at his best.

Tiger can hit all the long great shots, all day long, but he has to put the ball in the hole.  He has missed eight putts within ten feet, five of them within six feet.  He made two bombs to offset and the greens were slow after the short rain delay. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.  Could say that for half the field if eight putts would have gone in for some player.  Tiger was Jordan, was Babe Ruth, was....fill in the blank. He has not won a major since what, 2008 and the Masters since 2005.  Koepka is like Duval, not really.  He has won three majors in a year and a half.  My goodness. 

Look, Tiger is playing great and if the putts fall, he is dangerous, but like 85 stated, the leaderboard is filled with the best golfers on the planet and they not going to be intimidated by Tiger one bit.  Those days are over.  Plus, Tigers playing with Poulter, who will drive him nuts.  I will actually be rooting for Tiger, but lots of young guns and elite at the top.  I’ll go with Jason Day if his back holds up. 
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 11:54:01 AM by nyg »

reinko

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2019, 11:54:55 AM »
Just put a bit of coin on Day at 10-1 and Adam Scott at 11-1

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2019, 12:17:21 PM »
Tiger can hit all the long great shots, all day long, but he has to put the ball in the hole.  He has missed eight putts within ten feet, five of them within six feet.  He made two bombs to offset and the greens were slow after the short rain delay. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.  Could say that for half the field if eight putts would have gone in for some player.  Tiger was Jordan, was Babe Ruth, was....fill in the blank. He has not won a major since what, 2008 and the Masters since 2005.  Koepka is like Duval, not really.  He has won three majors in a year and a half.  My goodness. 

Look, Tiger is playing great and if the putts fall, he is dangerous, but like 85 stated, the leaderboard is filled with the best golfers on the planet and they not going to be intimidated by Tiger one bit.  Those days are over.  Plus, Tigers playing with Poulter, who will drive him nuts.  I will actually be rooting for Tiger, but lots of young guns and elite at the top.  I’ll go with Jason Day if his back holds up.
Koepka is definitely calm under pressure situations. Will be interesting to see how he performs now that he know this is the Tiger of old. Will he be a McIlroy, Spieth who have already capitulated to Tiger or will he be the Watson to Nicklaus mode? This weekend will provide some good answers to that question. Hopefully we will have a head to head shootout on the back 9 Sunday between the two of them.

---Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2019, 12:42:57 PM »
Phil with an epic jab at Kuchar.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2019, 12:49:24 PM »
Phil with an epic jab at Kuchar.

Phil's the last guy that should be jabbing
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2019, 12:57:52 PM »
On some levels, but not when it comes to tipping.   It has to be sweet for Phil, as Kuchar usually owns him when it comes to insults.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2019, 01:01:50 PM »
Early tee time players are shooting really low scores.  Augusta is wet and greens soft.  Long hitters will probably rule today.  Fun. 

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2019, 01:25:31 PM »
Phil's the last guy that should be jabbing

At least he Phil doesn't stiff his caddies. Only the Lama can get away with not offering appropriate cash tips.
But I like to throw handfuls...

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2019, 01:28:10 PM »
At least he Phil doesn't stiff his caddies. Only the Lama can get away with not offering appropriate cash tips.

I caddied for Phil at the 1999 Western Open Pro Am, and can confirm I did not get stiffed.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2019, 01:34:24 PM »

I asked you to provide evidence of tiger winning a major with this "method."

Can you provide the evidence please?

nyg

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2019, 02:09:57 PM »
Koepka is definitely calm under pressure situations. Will be interesting to see how he performs now that he know this is the Tiger of old. Will he be a McIlroy, Spieth who have already capitulated to Tiger or will he be the Watson to Nicklaus mode? This weekend will provide some good answers to that question. Hopefully we will have a head to head shootout on the back 9 Sunday between the two of them.

Last time Tiger capitulated Spieth or Rory in a Major would be in 2008. Spieth was 15 years old and Rory was 19 years old.  Since then, Spieth and Rory have won at least six majors between them, Tiger none. 

Told you, low scoring, and Tiger plus one after five.  His formula not working too well yet. 

nyg

• All American
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2019, 02:49:30 PM »
Last time Tiger capitulated Spieth or Rory in a Major would be in 2008. Spieth was 15 years old and Rory was 19 years old.  Since then, Spieth and Rory have won at least six majors between them, Tiger none. 

Told you, low scoring, and Tiger plus one after five.  His formula not working too well yet.

And of course, Tiger birdies three in a row.  Good.
He has bogyed #5 three days in a row.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2019, 03:18:07 PM »

So Koepka and Day couldn't beat him back in the mid 2000s, got it.  Get off this "at his best" nonsense.  Cause all it does is diminish his legacy and historic greatness.  Tiger at his best, as you claim he is now, hasn't won a full field tournament in 5+ years.

I would bet you $100 without flinching that Tiger won't be in the final group.  I bet he is at -9 and 2-3 shots back. 

Duval, lol, shows your golf knowledge.  Evidence from the 70s, a hot golfer for a 3-4 year period at Tiger's start, and then a bunch of inaccurate and flimsy comparisons.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2019, 03:44:23 PM »
I caddied for Phil at the 1999 Western Open Pro Am, and can confirm I did not get stiffed.

no schmit der hey!  now that's pretty cool right there-need a thumbs up emoji
don't...don't don't don't don't

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2019, 05:24:08 PM »
Great round for tiger. Molinari is stroking it though. Looks like he will end the round with a 3 or 4 shot lead.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2019, 05:27:37 PM »
Get up early tomorrow.   They are going to endeavor to be done by 4 EDT.   Threesomes, split tees, early tee times.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2019, 05:52:51 PM »
Tiger has this wrapped up. In the final group . Will shoot 68 tomorrow and grind out the victory .
                       ---Al McGuire

feedback