'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by JTJ3
[Today at 04:54:33 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 04:49:54 PM]

Banquet by rocky_warrior
[Today at 04:25:47 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 04:10:23 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Virginia Tech Fans  (Read 103618 times)

StillAWarrior

• All American
Re: Virginia Tech Fans
« Reply #450 on: April 03, 2019, 02:43:03 PM »
I'm of a similar mind. Unless Cronin wants to jump to a better conference, or they overwhelm someone with $, I think the Wofford/UNCG tier is where their next guy will come from.

Ditto.  Buzz was a great hire for them, but I think history will prove that to be an outlier.  That's not to say they won't get a good coach and continue doing well, but I'd be surprised if they attract a HC from a team that is in the top half of any major conference.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #451 on: April 03, 2019, 02:43:43 PM »

Yeah that’s probably more accurate
No Finish Line

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #452 on: April 03, 2019, 02:52:24 PM »
But, if that makes some believe other programs are chasing Wojo, enjoy.

Think it's the other way around.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #453 on: April 03, 2019, 03:16:35 PM »
MUeagle

Did not see Goodman reporting that. Saw a couple of other reports and no mention of Wojo anywhere.

I may have overstated. Goodman threw his name out as someone VT may target. Not confirmed interest.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #454 on: April 03, 2019, 03:17:19 PM »
MUeagle

No program is currently courting Wojo.

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #455 on: April 03, 2019, 03:20:01 PM »
MUeagle

Of course, you don't actually know this.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #456 on: April 03, 2019, 03:22:46 PM »
Kampus

There are very few secrets in college ball. Again, if you believe otherwise, go for it.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #457 on: April 03, 2019, 03:23:32 PM »
I wonder who here is MIL74 at VTScoop. this is priceless:

Mil74 said... (original post)
Actually Hillbilly, I live in Wisconsin however, we don't have any money either.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hillbilly, lol! Most of us have seen Making a Murderer.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #458 on: April 03, 2019, 03:54:27 PM »
I wonder who here is MIL74 at VTScoop. this is priceless:

Mil74 said... (original post)
Actually Hillbilly, I live in Wisconsin however, we don't have any money either.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hillbilly, lol! Most of us have seen Making a Murderer.

Back to the transitive property, which in this case does hold...
$WI>$VA>>>>   IL<<<<<<<<<< unfunded pension obligations
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #459 on: April 03, 2019, 03:56:14 PM »
MUeagle

Sorry, Goose

I’m with the campus grocer on this one. That I don’t have proof kind of makes my point.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #460 on: April 03, 2019, 03:57:02 PM »
MUeagle

Yep.  Wojo’s supporters on this board are trying to make you believe otherwise, because when Marquette coaches are successful, they’re pursued by high major schools with job openings.  This has not happened for Wojo.

Shows that “23-4” and “Wright voted for Wojo as BE COY” and “top ten for a few weeks” and “objectively trending upward” and “potentially great 2020 recruiting class” don’t mean a hill of beans to anyone not on this message board.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 04:03:47 PM by Research Report »

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #461 on: April 03, 2019, 04:07:32 PM »
Yep.  Wojo’s supporters on this board are trying to make you believe otherwise, because when Marquette coaches are successful, they’re pursued by high major schools with job openings.  This has not happened for Wojo.

Again, you don't know that.  He could have been called and he told them "no."  I know you Wojo detractors think he sucks and no one could possibly want him, but if a school like VT got him, it would be considered a coup.  Get some perspective.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

muguru

• All American
« Reply #462 on: April 03, 2019, 04:12:36 PM »

Again, you don't know that.  He could have been called and he told them "no."  I know you Wojo detractors think he sucks and no one could possibly want him, but if a school like VT got him, it would be considered a coup.  Get some perspective.

Right, for a school and program like Va Tech Wojo would be a coup...no doubt about that. For a program like Marquette?? Not so much.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #463 on: April 03, 2019, 04:14:59 PM »
Right, for a school and program like Va Tech Wojo would be a coup...no doubt about that. For a program like Marquette?? Not so much.

Well he's here right now. They don't have to get him from anywhere.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #464 on: April 03, 2019, 04:25:58 PM »

Shows that “23-4” and “Wright voted for Wojo as BE COY” and “top ten for a few weeks” and “objectively trending upward” and “potentially great 2020 recruiting class” don’t mean a hill of beans to anyone not on this message board.

Fake News.

If you amended your last sentence to “don’t mean a hill of beans to anyone responsible for hiring a new head coach” even then it would be doubtful. As it stands it is patently false.

I have a friend who actually has an NCAA ring. His school recently hired an up and coming coach. You had better tell him that his alma mater’s boosters had never put Wojo’s name on a wish list.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #465 on: April 03, 2019, 04:33:47 PM »
Again, if VT managed to hire Wojo, it would be universally praised (other than the vocal minority on scoop) as a great hire for them.

That being said, I doubt we get to test the theory this season.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #466 on: April 03, 2019, 04:39:19 PM »
Again, if VT managed to hire Wojo, it would be universally praised (other than the vocal minority on scoop) as a great hire for them.

The key part of your sentence is bolded...a great hire for THEM. For what MU's standards SHOULD be...he is so so.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #467 on: April 03, 2019, 04:40:58 PM »

Maybe, maybe not.  Considering he’s had zero postseason success in five years as a head coach, I don’t think anyone would be calling it a home run hire.  But we’re each entitled to our opinion of what people would say.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 04:50:47 PM by Research Report »

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #468 on: April 03, 2019, 04:41:26 PM »

Amen to you and auburnMarquette who actually have perspective, facts, metrics, etc...
...all of which you carefully mine and then refine into a finished product that is published on your own
respected blog sites...unlike the foot-stomping, reactionary gobbledygook the vocal minority spews here.

I cannot agree with auburnMarquette more when he admonishes that minority to “be careful what you wish for.”

Oregon Warrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #469 on: April 03, 2019, 04:49:40 PM »
I’m not advocating for him to stay or go but If he’s a great coach, why hasn’t the administration offered him an extension?

The lack of an extension seems to indicate the administration isn’t completely sold.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #470 on: April 03, 2019, 04:51:16 PM »
The key part of your sentence is bolded...a great hire for THEM. For what MU's standards SHOULD be...he is so so.
is this kinda stuff going to be your general sentiment all summer :)?

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #471 on: April 03, 2019, 04:59:02 PM »
I’m not advocating for him to stay or go but If he’s a great coach, why hasn’t the administration offered him an extension?

The lack of an extension seems to indicate the administration isn’t completely sold.

Or it just means they are afraid of vocal minorities with money.

Hope that’s not the case, lest I refer you to the wisdom posted here earlier by auburnMarquette.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #472 on: April 03, 2019, 05:01:08 PM »
is this kinda stuff going to be your general sentiment all summer :)?

Look, believe it or not...I hope he absolutely kills it next year...that's the truth. With what he has coming back...there should be no more excuses. However, I am skeptical...because of how they finished this year, his lack of creativity offensively or defensively, and the fact that his legitimate top 10 team needed to win 1 game of 4 to win the BE title and couldn't do it. That's concerning...very concerning. What's even more concerning is the fact that he either didn't know how to fix their slide, or didn't know what caused it.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #473 on: April 03, 2019, 05:02:55 PM »

I suspect you'd have no idea whether the administration has offered him an extension.
That said, if MU announces an extension, will that make him a great coach?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #474 on: April 03, 2019, 05:24:23 PM »
Look, believe it or not...I hope he absolutely kills it next year...that's the truth. With what he has coming back...there should be no more excuses. However, I am skeptical...because of how they finished this year, his lack of creativity offensively or defensively, and the fact that his legitimate top 10 team needed to win 1 game of 4 to win the BE title and couldn't do it. That's concerning...very concerning. What's even more concerning is the fact that he either didn't know how to fix their slide, or didn't know what caused it.

Ya. But you want to promote an assistant if he goes. Which is pretty mid-major/low standards/medocrity mindset.

So I'm not sure about your perspective