[Today at 04:10:23 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Galway Eagle
[Today at 04:04:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Virginia Tech Fans  (Read 103599 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: Virginia Tech Fans
« Reply #125 on: April 01, 2019, 07:28:08 PM »
Well, it IS the hub of the midwest. Where else would he even think of making the announcement from?

We'll, I believe the Fort Wayne Holiday Inn conference center was booked. So.

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
« Reply #126 on: April 01, 2019, 07:28:11 PM »
Well, it IS the hub of the midwest. Where else would he even think of making the announcement from?

“It’s (Gary) Indiana, it’s (Gary) Indiana.”

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #127 on: April 01, 2019, 07:28:20 PM »
According to posters here...a news station reporter reported Wojo is their guy..

https://virginiatech.sportswar.com/message_board/vtbasketball/
Nothing said on  Lane Casadonte twitter page. Maybe he said it on their newscast.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #128 on: April 01, 2019, 07:29:06 PM »
Don't bring common sense into this.  For some reason, some people think a new coach will be like Samantha Stevens wiggling her nose.

Mr. Curry called to say it was Samantha StePHens.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #129 on: April 01, 2019, 07:31:53 PM »
Adam Zagoria @AdamZagoria

This is the wildest, most fun, Coaching Carousel Dominoes theory I've heard in a long time:
Buzz Williams to Texas A&M
Kevin Willard to Virginia Tech
Tim Cluess to Seton Hall
Jared Grasso to Iona.

Nope.

Doesn't fit the Scoop rumor trajectory.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #130 on: April 01, 2019, 07:32:16 PM »
Nothing said on  Lane Casadonte twitter page. Maybe he said it on their newscast.

Yes that's what they were saying, it was on the newscast.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #131 on: April 01, 2019, 07:37:39 PM »
Great carp fishing this time of the year.

The Ron Kittle birthplace is on fire on TripAdvisor.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #132 on: April 01, 2019, 07:40:56 PM »
The Ron Kittle birthplace is on fire on TripAdvisor.

Probably trying to get all that Michael Jackson sightseeing in before they are all removed.

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #133 on: April 01, 2019, 07:48:57 PM »
If Va Tech is looking for a coach when they have a coach, then MU should have a short list of candidates just in case.  My guess is that they do already.  Never want to be caught with your pants down at this time of year.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #134 on: April 01, 2019, 07:54:41 PM »
If Va Tech is looking for a coach when they have a coach, then MU should have a short list of candidates just in case.  My guess is that they do already.  Never want to be caught with your pants down at this time of year.

I wouldn't worry.  Take your time.  If someone wants the job bad enough, they'll wait.  If not, you promote an assistant keep building what has been started.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #135 on: April 01, 2019, 07:55:52 PM »
Again, I would assert the best evidence that Wojo is not going anywhere is to ask why would someone want him?  His accomplishments as a coach are a dime a dozen out there.   Not exactly a hot coaching hire.   I would be surprised if anyone is interested at this juncture.

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #136 on: April 01, 2019, 08:00:48 PM »
Good point.  It would likely be a matter of Wojo running away from something than being attracted to something better.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

Goose

• All American
« Reply #137 on: April 01, 2019, 08:04:02 PM »
SERocks

I tend to agree your post. I still believe it is a non story.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #138 on: April 01, 2019, 08:05:04 PM »
Again, I would assert the best evidence that Wojo is not going anywhere is to ask why would someone want him?  His accomplishments as a coach are a dime a dozen out there.   Not exactly a hot coaching hire.   I would be surprised if anyone is interested at this juncture.

A small but vocal sect of Marquette fans are the only ones who would not view Wojo as a solid candidate for the VT job.

That being said, while I'm sure that Wojo is on VT's wishlist, that wish is not going to come true.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #139 on: April 01, 2019, 08:11:02 PM »
TAMU

I really have been trying hard to find any info that might indicate this is a real story and completely striking out. One person I checked with today, actually laughed when I asked about the rumor.

This would be the biggest secret in MU ball history if he is a real candidate. I do not believe Wojo is viable candidate for any other job than MU at this point of his career.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #140 on: April 01, 2019, 08:11:21 PM »
I wouldn't worry.  Take your time.  If someone wants the job bad enough, they'll wait.  If not, you promote an assistant keep building what has been started.

I think this is a home run post, as usual from Ted...IF Wojo left right now, you promote Stan for next year and after that, do a full blown search(or keep Stan if he does good enough). There may be better candidates available next year...no need to rush it, just get the right guy

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #141 on: April 01, 2019, 08:12:29 PM »
TAMU

I really have been trying hard to find any info that might indicate this is a real story and completely striking out. One person I checked with today, actually laughed when I asked about the rumor.

This would be the biggest secret in MU ball history if he is a real candidate. I do not believe Wojo is viable candidate for any other job than MU at this point of his career.

Not saying it's real...who knows what to believe on the internet, but there are VT insiders saying it's a possibility.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #142 on: April 01, 2019, 08:13:31 PM »
guru

You lost me with the hire Stan for a year and then do full blown search. Trust me, that’s not big time thinking.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #143 on: April 01, 2019, 08:16:46 PM »
TAMU

1st paragraph, yep.

2nd paragraph, I don't think so. There's a reason these rumors exist, likely because he is on VT's wishlist to replace Buzz.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #144 on: April 01, 2019, 08:19:06 PM »
I'm hearing things.

Not good.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #145 on: April 01, 2019, 08:19:43 PM »
guru

You lost me with the hire Stan for a year and then do full blown search. Trust me, that’s not big time thinking.

I know it's not...I have plenty of names I would pursue right now if it happened, but I'm not putting them here on the board because of the small time thinking by most posters here and all the "get real" posts I would get in response.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #146 on: April 01, 2019, 08:20:30 PM »
I'm hearing things.

Not good.

I hear voices in my head all the time to Ziggy, no one wants to know what mine say.  :P

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #147 on: April 01, 2019, 08:23:38 PM »
I'm hearing things.

Not good.

So...is Wojo gone or staying?

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #148 on: April 01, 2019, 08:24:27 PM »
I'm hearing things.

Not good.
We’re really going to be VPIs developmental league for coaches?! Wow. I don’t really even care about losing Wojo but that would be very eye opening
No Finish Line

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #149 on: April 01, 2019, 08:28:37 PM »
I think this is a home run post, as usual from Ted...IF Wojo left right now, you promote Stan for next year and after that, do a full blown search(or keep Stan if he does good enough). There may be better candidates available next year...no need to rush it, just get the right guy

What?! Give the job to an assistant coach?? Guru would be pissed if he heard that idea! Small time thinking for sure. We can easily get a major p6 head coach and he would bring in recruits/transfers better than our roster. Jeez.

An assistant??!