'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Transfer List  (Read 67495 times)

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
Re: Transfer List
« Reply #275 on: May 03, 2019, 08:58:26 AM »
We could use another shooter. I don't know anything about him, but if he is tough and can play some D, I'm pretty sure we could find playing time for a 42% 3-point shooter, no?

I know nothing about his defense.  His two point shooting is so bad it pretty much negates his 3 point shooting.  He can shoot FT; nearly 80%.

He'd be ok, I guess,  but I'd much rather take a long term prospect like Jemarl Baker.

One spot is going to be held for Torrence to enroll 2nd semester  (my best guess).  I prefer one traditional transfer and one grad transfer for the other two spots. But it depends who Wojo can land.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #276 on: May 03, 2019, 09:02:43 AM »
I know nothing about his defense.  His two point shooting is so bad it pretty much negates his 3 point shooting.  He can shoot FT; nearly 80%.

He'd be ok, I guess,  but I'd much rather take a long term prospect like Jemarl Baker.

One spot is going to be held for Torrence to enroll 2nd semester  (my best guess).  I prefer one traditional transfer and one grad transfer for the other two spots. But it depends who Wojo can land.

It'd be interesting to see a shot chart/heat map on him, given the disparity between these numbers. If his 3pt and FT shooting is solid, I'd be surprised if his midrange game was bad. Maybe he's just bad off the bounce/at the rim? I like to think that if the offense features more ball movement this season, that deficiency could get hidden.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #277 on: May 03, 2019, 09:21:37 AM »
It'd be interesting to see a shot chart/heat map on him, given the disparity between these numbers. If his 3pt and FT shooting is solid, I'd be surprised if his midrange game was bad. Maybe he's just bad off the bounce/at the rim? I like to think that if the offense features more ball movement this season, that deficiency could get hidden.

According to T Rank, 45.2% at the rim & 32.6% on other 2FGA.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #278 on: May 03, 2019, 09:49:47 AM »

MU could recruit Baker and bring the kid from Iowa in under the scenario you just laid out.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #279 on: May 03, 2019, 09:52:58 AM »
MU could recruit Baker and bring the kid from Iowa in under the scenario you just laid out.

True.  We'll have to see what Jayce Johnson decides first.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #280 on: May 05, 2019, 08:55:23 PM »
Adam Gilder to Gonzaga.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #281 on: May 06, 2019, 05:42:15 AM »

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #282 on: May 06, 2019, 07:02:32 PM »
Per twitter

Five schools Jemarl Baker has planned visits to: Fresno State, Arizona State, Arizona, San Diego State and Marquette.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #283 on: May 06, 2019, 07:07:29 PM »
Per twitter

Five schools Jemarl Baker has planned visits to: Fresno State, Arizona State, Arizona, San Diego State and Marquette.

MU is the geographic outlier here. Don’t know if that’s good or not.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #284 on: May 06, 2019, 08:23:47 PM »
Per twitter

I like it, kid has a lot more potential than he got the opportunity to show at Kentucky.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #285 on: May 06, 2019, 08:46:21 PM »
I like it, kid has a lot more potential than he got the opportunity to show at Kentucky.

I wouldn't mind him at all, and Wojo has done a pretty good job with the transfers he has brought in...Morrow, Rowsey etc. I just wish one of these years they could get a guy that has 3 years left instead of two.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #286 on: May 06, 2019, 09:14:25 PM »
Don’t wanna speculate too much but I’d keep an eye on Jordan Lathon from UTEP next year.

6’4” point guard Was a high major recruit before his admission denial from Northwestern. Had a really nice Freshman campaign at UTEP last season.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #287 on: May 06, 2019, 09:42:21 PM »
Don’t wanna speculate too much but I’d keep an eye on Jordan Lathon from UTEP next year.

6’4” point guard Was a high major recruit before his admission denial from Northwestern. Had a really nice Freshman campaign at UTEP last season.

Is he transferring?
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #288 on: May 06, 2019, 09:53:11 PM »

Denied admission to Northwestern? How's he gonna get into MU?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #289 on: May 07, 2019, 07:35:47 AM »
I wouldn't mind him at all, and Wojo has done a pretty good job with the transfers he has brought in...Morrow, Rowsey etc. I just wish one of these years they could get a guy that has 3 years left instead of two.

So...Jemarl Baker then?
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Shooter Flatch

• Starter
« Reply #290 on: May 07, 2019, 07:53:28 AM »
So...Jemarl Baker then?

Jemarl had a redshirt year due to injury. Maybe he can petition to get that year back? 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #291 on: May 07, 2019, 08:05:22 AM »
Jemarl had a redshirt year due to injury. Maybe he can petition to get that year back?

A sign you're getting old, when all the recruiting classes blend together in the memory.  :-[
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #292 on: May 07, 2019, 09:25:29 AM »
So...Jemarl Baker then?

Yeah I was going to say, he only has two years left.  :)
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #293 on: May 07, 2019, 09:32:16 AM »
As far as anyone knows,  he only has two years left. I do think the NCAA has been more gracious with their waivers lately and I could see a scenario where he gets that year back.
TAMU

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #294 on: May 07, 2019, 10:01:17 AM »
As far as anyone knows,  he only has two years left. I do think the NCAA has been more gracious with their waivers lately and I could see a scenario where he gets that year back.

I would not expect the NCAA to give either Jemarl or Joey a 6th year waiver.  That would completely change past precedent.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #295 on: May 07, 2019, 10:02:11 AM »
Where's BeeJay, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #296 on: May 07, 2019, 10:06:59 AM »
I would not expect the NCAA to give either Jemarl or Joey a 6th year waiver.  That would completely change past precedent.

Yes it would. Just like a lot of waivers last season changed past precedent. I'm not expecting it just merely musing that it could be a possibility.
TAMU

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #297 on: May 07, 2019, 11:14:16 AM »
So it appears the current plan is Jayce Johnson + Baker + Symir for the final 3.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #298 on: May 07, 2019, 01:12:54 PM »
Some ACTUAL news.

Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops

Sounds as though Utah grad transfer Jayce Johnson close to making a decision. Nebraska and Marquette the two frontrunners. Johnson averaged 7.1 points and 7.7 rebounds this past season for the Utes.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #299 on: May 07, 2019, 01:36:31 PM »
Some ACTUAL news.

Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops

Sounds as though Utah grad transfer Jayce Johnson close to making a decision. Nebraska and Marquette the two frontrunners. Johnson averaged 7.1 points and 7.7 rebounds this past season for the Utes.

The MU twitterverse seems very anti Jayce Johnson.  I get it a little bit, he doesn't seem like an awesome fit, but I will always take depth.  Even if he is used purely as a depth piece at the 5.  Theo fouls like crazy and Ed has always been a big injury concern.