[Today at 05:53:49 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Transfer List  (Read 67432 times)

muguru

• All American
Re: Transfer List
« Reply #250 on: April 24, 2019, 05:44:08 PM »
Yeboah and Demir are the exact kinds of guys I was hoping they'd pursue. They can just be 3 and D guys, not have to provide star minutes, and if they don't pan out they are likely 8th-10th guys anyway. If they are better than expected and push Brenden/Sacar/Cain for minutes, even better.

With all due respect Brew, they should be aiming higher then this..having to rely on Bailey/Cain as starters... great kids, they work hard, and undoubtedly will improve during the offseason..but they are best as role players..one of them starting?? That's okay, but both?? That's not going to replace Sam and Joey's production...that's just reality.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #251 on: April 24, 2019, 05:56:29 PM »
With all due respect Brew, they should be aiming higher then this..having to rely on Bailey/Cain as starters... great kids, they work hard, and undoubtedly will improve during the offseason..but they are best as role players..one of them starting?? That's okay, but both?? That's not going to replace Sam and Joey's production...that's just reality.
Why are you so fixated on the dumb “Sam and Joey’s replacements need to match Sam and Joey’s production?”  We have two guys who didn’t play one minute for us this past season who might be able to replace some of what the Hausers provided...the guys who start in their place don’t need to do what they did.  We have more options.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #252 on: April 24, 2019, 06:58:51 PM »

The idea that we will get players who mimic their production is not reality. Most likely, McEwen steps in as a starter. Then one of Bailey, Cain, or an as yet unknown steps into the other spot. And you hope the two new starters, along with progression from the rest of the team, offsets the loss.

For your own sake, you need to accept that we aren't going into the transfer market this off-season & finding two guys that can replicate the production the Hausers provided. Only one team in the country will do that this summer, and that's Wisconsin, Michigan State, Virginia, or Iowa.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #253 on: April 24, 2019, 07:25:25 PM »
The idea that we will get players who mimic their production is not reality. Most likely, McEwen steps in as a starter. Then one of Bailey, Cain, or an as yet unknown steps into the other spot. And you hope the two new starters, along with progression from the rest of the team, offsets the loss.

For your own sake, you need to accept that we aren't going into the transfer market this off-season & finding two guys that can replicate the production the Hausers provided. Only one team in the country will do that this summer, and that's Wisconsin, Michigan State, Virginia, or Iowa.

Hey man, you have been beating the "expectations can't change just because the Hausers left" drum yourself. So...why should they?? Granted Joey's production can be made up for, or close to it, with Bailey/Cain. If Wojo isn't aiming higher because he doesn't want to bring in another starter and upset the current players..well..it's his job to put the absolute best team he possibly can on the floor.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #254 on: April 24, 2019, 07:49:02 PM »
Bailey and Cain are poised for breakout seasons. Koby and Greg bring a lot to the table .

I like the make up of this team . Should have great team chemistry.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #255 on: April 24, 2019, 08:09:46 PM »
Hey man, you have been beating the "expectations can't change just because the Hausers left" drum yourself. So...why should they?? Granted Joey's production can be made up for, or close to it, with Bailey/Cain. If Wojo isn't aiming higher because he doesn't want to bring in another starter and upset the current players..well..it's his job to put the absolute best team he possibly can on the floor.

Program expectations shouldn't change. But Kerry Blackshear isn't walking through that door and there aren't any other proven difference makers out there.

The burden will fall on the players that are here and the grad transfers should be expected to be bench players because that's the likely reality.

I think Wojo needs to deliver. I just don't see that many home runs among the grads at a position of need. Yeboah looks as promising as any of the mid and low majors.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #256 on: April 24, 2019, 08:15:58 PM »
Program expectations shouldn't change. But Kerry Blackshear isn't walking through that door and there aren't any other proven difference makers out there.

The burden will fall on the players that are here and the grad transfers should be expected to be bench players because that's the likely reality.

I think Wojo needs to deliver. I just don't see that many home runs among the grads at a position of need. Yeboah looks as promising as any of the mid and low majors.

I'm telling you you are underselling Shakur Juiston..Maybe you just haven't seen enough of him to really know..but he is NOT solely a back to the basket player..he can step out to 15 feet. in 2017-2018 he shot 58-127  45% on 2 point jump shots.

He was the #1 rated JUCO player when he committed to UNLV. He's a better scorer, and better rebounder than either Ed or Theo. He would be a difference maker.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #257 on: April 24, 2019, 08:16:17 PM »

Agreed, there are no true difference makers out there for MU but there are helpers.  Which is fine, we need help and depth.   But, no Chartouneys.  Though MU has done well on that front prior to him.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #258 on: April 25, 2019, 09:24:55 AM »
Goodman removed Marquette from schools in consideration for DJ Harvey, Notre Dame transfer (sit 1, play 2).  He is visiting Iowa and Vandy. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Fullodds

• All American
« Reply #259 on: April 25, 2019, 09:26:29 AM »
Interesting to see if the Ewing Theory applies to 2 players leaving?

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #260 on: April 25, 2019, 10:02:40 AM »
Mentioned in another thread, but add Akwasi Yeboah (6-6 SF, 16.7 ppg and 7.7 rpg at Stony Brook) to the list of grad transfers MU is talking to.

Per Rothstein, Yeboah to visit TCU this weekend.  Already visited Rutgers and SMU.

No mention of an MU visit scheduled yet.  Apparently someone with the coaching staff met with him yesterday though.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #261 on: April 27, 2019, 05:32:15 PM »
Seventh Woods UNC back up point guard put his name in for transfer . Will have one year of eligibility left. Saw handwriting on wall when UNC got Cole Anthony commitment.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #262 on: April 27, 2019, 06:04:25 PM »
Seventh Woods UNC back up point guard put his name in for transfer . Will have one year of eligibility left. Saw handwriting on wall when UNC got Cole Anthony commitment.

I’m thinking it had less to do with Cole Anthony (who steps into the spot Coby White was in) and more that he just doesn’t have much of a role at UNC, with or without Cole.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #263 on: April 27, 2019, 08:43:08 PM »

I prefer First Woods. Seventh is just a sign of mediocrity.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #264 on: April 28, 2019, 09:42:19 PM »
Another Creighton transfer special. The Blue Jays picked up Antwann Jones from Memphis. I guess that NIT game at home against Memphis earlier this year was an unofficial visit. He will sit one year and have three years of eligibility.

https://www.omaha.com/creighton/mens-basketball/creighton-adds-long-term-backcourt-depth-with-memphis-transfer-antwann/article_959ac985-3de8-5696-a877-caf5d4884314.html

Looks like the Jays also picked up a quality outside shooter in Jalen Windham who decommited from Georgia State after their coach left. The Creighton brand of offense instantly appealed to the young man.

https://www.omaha.com/creighton/mens-basketball/creighton-lands-commitment-from-indianapolis-guard-jalen-windham/article_4ab5ae75-61f4-5019-a676-9a2d24b3db2e.html
                       ---Al McGuire

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #265 on: May 01, 2019, 07:41:45 PM »
MU has been in contract with Kentucky transfer Jemerl Baker.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #266 on: May 01, 2019, 09:12:24 PM »
MU has been in contract with Kentucky transfer Jemerl Baker.

I don't doubt this given he was interested in us before. Any link or anything?
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #267 on: May 01, 2019, 09:39:19 PM »
I don't doubt this given he was interested in us before. Any link or anything?

�������� �������������� @EderSanchez
Arizona, Arizona St, Cal, Utah, Providence, Marquette, Nebraska, San Diego St, Fresno St, St Mary’s, Santa Barbara among others are schools that reached out to Kentucky transfer Jemarl Baker. Visits are set to begin this month.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #268 on: May 01, 2019, 10:31:11 PM »
Thanks for the update on Baker. Looks like a quick, athletic guard with a good shot. Could be a nice addition.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #269 on: May 01, 2019, 10:47:20 PM »
�������� �������������� @EderSanchez
Arizona, Arizona St, Cal, Utah, Providence, Marquette, Nebraska, San Diego St, Fresno St, St Mary’s, Santa Barbara among others are schools that reached out to Kentucky transfer Jemarl Baker. Visits are set to begin this month.

Thank you. I appreciate it. Definitely a good perimeter defender that was at least known out of HS as a sharpshooter from 3. De and 3 guards are always nice.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #270 on: May 02, 2019, 04:15:18 PM »
6'5 wing Isaiah Moss from Iowa just entered the transfer portal.  Went to Simeon in Chicago.  Averaged 9.2 ppg and shot 42% from 3PT.  You'd have to think we would be reaching out, right?  He'd be immediately eligible. 

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #271 on: May 02, 2019, 05:04:29 PM »
6'5 wing Isaiah Moss from Iowa just entered the transfer portal.  Went to Simeon in Chicago.  Averaged 9.2 ppg and shot 42% from 3PT.  You'd have to think we would be reaching out, right?  He'd be immediately eligible.

Maybe MU reaches out but I am not sure it's a perfect fit. 

He doesn't really address the rebounding issues. If he was 6-8 and could rebound, then definitely go after him.

MuMark

• All American

MU82

• All American
« Reply #273 on: May 02, 2019, 08:57:27 PM »
Maybe MU reaches out but I am not sure it's a perfect fit. 

He doesn't really address the rebounding issues. If he was 6-8 and could rebound, then definitely go after him.

We could use another shooter. I don't know anything about him, but if he is tough and can play some D, I'm pretty sure we could find playing time for a 42% 3-point shooter, no?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #274 on: May 02, 2019, 11:01:41 PM »
https://twitter.com/jonrothstein/status/1124108039961874433?s=21

That seems like a stretch to me, but those are decent programs reaching out so there must be some potential there.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.