[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[April 24, 2024, 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2019 Graduate transfers  (Read 13639 times)

Pakuni

• All American
2019 Graduate transfers
« on: March 19, 2019, 10:20:43 AM »
@EvanDaniels
Sources: Lehigh forward Pat Andree will graduate and transfer. Andree averaged 12.9 PPG & 6.2 RPG this past season. Made 70 threes at a 42% clip.

6'8", 225-pound forward.

Tha Hound

• All American
Re: 2019 Graduate transfers
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 10:41:55 AM »
If Markus returns, I'm struggling to see a great need on next years roster (not that it wouldn't be nice to have extra depth).

PG is the one question mark. We lose JC, but pick up Koby and low-ranked freshman Akanno. Markus and Greg can also play the role.
2Guard - Sacar will be the locked in starter and likely remain our only slasher (though it looks like Koby can dabble).
Joey/Bailey/Jamal
Sam
Ed/Theo

If we do look at grad transfers, I'd like to see an athletic slasher with great court vision.

If Markus leaves then we'll have to find a high volume scorer to replace his 25 ppg.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 10:54:23 AM »
If Markus returns, I'm struggling to see a great need on next years roster (not that it wouldn't be nice to have extra depth).

PG is the one question mark. We lose JC, but pick up Koby and low-ranked freshman Akanno. Markus and Greg can also play the role.
2Guard - Sacar will be the locked in starter and likely remain our only slasher (though it looks like Koby can dabble).
Joey/Bailey/Jamal
Sam
Ed/Theo

If we do look at grad transfers, I'd like to see an athletic slasher with great court vision.

If Markus leaves then we'll have to find a high volume scorer to replace his 25 ppg.

Seems reasonable, although not sure we have to really have to find a guy to "replace" Markus' 25 ppg in this scenario.

Isn't it reasonable to assume that if Markus leaves, Sam and Joey each will take more shots and score more points, especially with Joey taking the obligatory big step forward between frosh-soph years? Let's say it's 8-10 more ppg between the Hausers. Now, let's say Koby averages 10 ppg and Elliott averages 5. There's 23-25 ppg right there without bringing in anybody else.

As for the title of this thread, I have to admit that I'm leery of how much a grad transfer from a mid-major is really going to provide. JCS seemed the perfect fit. Aside from a handful of decent games, it hasn't worked out. Maybe he'll have a couple decent games in the tourney.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 11:15:23 AM »
Markus ain't leaving lol. The NBA is not looking for a 5'9 shooting guard with a bad dribble and horrible court vision. What he does he does very well. But it's a dime a dozen skill in the nba.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 11:18:33 AM »
Markus ain't leaving lol. The NBA is not looking for a 5'9 shooting guard with a bad dribble and horrible court vision. What he does he does very well. But it's a dime a dozen skill in the nba.

Almost nothing you said here is true. Except hopefully that Markus isn't leaving.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2019, 11:28:34 AM »
I'm always open to adding more talent
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2019, 11:36:27 AM »
A couple other names:

UMASS Luwane Pipkins

Justin Pierce from William & Mary

Pierce already has a laundry list of offers from HMs after just a couple days. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2019, 11:37:12 AM »
Almost nothing you said here is true. Except hopefully that Markus isn't leaving.

Markus is 5'10, maybe. But he certainly does not possess a great handle or court vision. It's going to be tough for a shooting/scoring-minded guard of his size to succeed at the next level. Players like IT, Barea have great handle and court vision. Nate Robinson was an athletic freak.

I think Markus is a hard enough worker to where he could really improve his point guard skills returning to MU. At best right now, he's a guy that will put up big numbers in the G-league but struggle to get anything past some 10-day contracts.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2019, 11:38:13 AM »
I don't think we play in grad transfer market unless we get multiple defections.  Assuming everyone comes back, there is really no playing time anywhere, except perhaps a true back PG. 

If we have an open scholarship, I think it will go to the best available traditional transfer Wojo can get his hands on.  And I like that plan. 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2019, 11:42:34 AM »
Just going to put this out there...we could have as many as 2 grad transfers in the other direction (though I hope & expect not).
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2019, 11:44:43 AM »
I don't think we play in grad transfer market unless we get multiple defections.  Assuming everyone comes back, there is really no playing time anywhere, except perhaps a true back PG. 

If we have an open scholarship, I think it will go to the best available traditional transfer Wojo can get his hands on.  And I like that plan.

That's where I see it going too.  The roster completely opens up after next year and a traditional transfer can slot into any of 3 available starting spots if he has the talent.  Start 2 years alongside some Top 50 Frosh with Joey and Theo at least part of the way.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2019, 11:45:16 AM »
6'9 245lbs
Evan Daniels

Verified account

@EvanDaniels
 11m11 minutes ago
More
Nathan Sestina will graduate and transfer from Bucknell or pursue professional options, he tells @247Sports. Averaged 15.8 PPG &. 8.5 RPG this past season. Made 41 threes on 108 attempts.

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2019, 11:51:25 AM »
Just going to put this out there...we could have as many as 2 grad transfers in the other direction (though I hope & expect not).

The obvious ones being Morrow and Sacar.  Morrow if he wants to start (or play the 4, as was supposedly his reason for coming to MU in the first placE).  Sacar if he wants to be "the man," though he'd have to move down a level to a mid-major.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2019, 11:51:34 AM »

Actually most everything he said is dead on except fir hus shooting being dime a dozen.  I see makuss skill akin to Novaks.  Only thing they could do.  But novak was 6’ 10
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2019, 11:56:11 AM »

I think a grad transfer is in play if Morrow leaves. He's a very important piece. 

Because of Eke injuries, depth would be an instant issue.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2019, 11:56:58 AM »
The obvious ones being Morrow and Sacar.  Morrow if he wants to start (or play the 4, as was supposedly his reason for coming to MU in the first placE).  Sacar if he wants to be "the man," though he'd have to move down a level to a mid-major.

Those are the two.  100% cannot see it with Sacar.  Morrow seems happy and I don't expect him to go anywhere, but at least that one would make a sliver of sense.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2019, 12:02:19 PM »
The team needs a PG that is 6'6" or taller, great handles, excellent vision, accomplished passer, boni-fide "finish above the rim" slasher, 40% or better from 3, great free throw shooter so he can stay in close games late, tough defender who can guard the oppositions best player 1-3 and very high basketball IQ all while maintaining a 4.0 GPA and being an exemplary citizen. 

"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2019, 12:08:49 PM »
The team needs a PG that is 6'6" or taller, great handles, excellent vision, accomplished passer, boni-fide "finish above the rim" slasher, 40% or better from 3, great free throw shooter so he can stay in close games late, tough defender who can guard the oppositions best player 1-3 and very high basketball IQ all while maintaining a 4.0 GPA and being an exemplary citizen.

Personally, in addition to your requirements, if they can't complete a triple Axel on a dunk, I'm not sure we want them.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2019, 12:10:35 PM »

Damn, if only John Dawson had some eligibility left

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2019, 12:22:44 PM »
Most mock draft/big board stuff has him in the middle of the 2nd Round.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2019, 12:25:16 PM »

I think I saw one of those on the shelf at Target.....
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2019, 12:52:54 PM »

Joey/Bailey/Jamal
Sam
Ed/Theo

low ranked?  He's a 3 star, but fills a need as a slashing guard, get to the bucket type player.  We need glue guys, too.  Buzz fans here should be happy to know Buzz offered him, too. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2019, 01:08:44 PM »
A couple other names:

UMASS Luwane Pipkins

Justin Pierce from William & Mary

Pierce already has a laundry list of offers from HMs after just a couple days.

Pierce is the nephew of former DePaul forward (and high school basketball teammate of mine) Ron Kammes.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2019, 01:09:47 PM »
I love reading these threads.
Do you recruit the team you want or do you coach the team you have?
Everyone wants the dream team, but what do the coaches actully look at and want?
What are the decision criteria of the student athlete?
Where does personality, intellegence, home life, stamina, high school coaching, maturity fit in?
How do the rating services actually rank players?
What is their secret matrix?  AAU experience, size, speed, wing span, moves, jumping, shooting?
I think guys like Buzz, WOJO, and coach K have another method.
Which makes all of our conjecture fun but irrevelant.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2019, 01:10:42 PM »
If Markus leaves Torrence will almost assuredly be here........he may be here even if Markus stays.