[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Marquette Football Update by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2019 Graduate transfers  (Read 13643 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: 2019 Graduate transfers
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2019, 02:16:48 PM »
 Jeff Goodman @GoodmanHoops
Little Rock wing Rayjon Tucker will be a grad transfer, source told @Stadium. Averaged 20.3 points and 6.7 boards this past season.

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2019, 02:33:37 PM »
Pierce is the nephew of former DePaul forward (and high school basketball teammate of mine) Ron Kammes.

Pretty serious list of possible destinations.  Both his parents went to Northwestern and he's from Glen Ellyn.  FWIW.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2019, 02:43:22 PM »
The obvious ones being Morrow and Sacar.  Morrow if he wants to start (or play the 4, as was supposedly his reason for coming to MU in the first placE).  Sacar if he wants to be "the man," though he'd have to move down a level to a mid-major.

Morrow was given every opportunity to play the 4, can not shoot the ball from distance, plus he has already transferred once, does he want to go to school for 6
years?  Sacar plays on a Top 20 team, next year even better so why transfer.  Plays 30 some minutes a game here, he is a glue guy, never be a star in any division.
Good solid player.  Big loss if he left, best defender.  I see him playing some 3 next year,  Anim, Koby, Marcus, Sam and Theo.  I little quicker, take out Theo and put in
Joey and you can play the Bucks offense, different look.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2019, 02:48:42 PM »
Morrow was given every opportunity to play the 4, can not shoot the ball from distance, plus he has already transferred once, does he want to go to school for 6

He would be a grad transfer and not have to sit.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2019, 02:58:53 PM »
Pretty serious list of possible destinations.  Both his parents went to Northwestern and he's from Glen Ellyn.  FWIW.

Pierce can play, I went to school with both his aunt and uncle and know that side of the family well. Knowing the Pierce/Kammes' families, it wouldn't shock me if Pierce wanted to play closer to home. I have no inside info, but the entire family is in the Wheaton/Glen Ellyn area. (No, I don't think he'll pick COD).

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2019, 03:09:17 PM »
Those are the two.  100% cannot see it with Sacar.  Morrow seems happy and I don't expect him to go anywhere, but at least that one would make a sliver of sense.

If I got my numbers right, I'm thinking we have one open slot and MU makes a decision on Eke and we add 2 Grads, and nobody Transfers.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2019, 03:11:47 PM »
If I got my numbers right, I'm thinking we have one open slot and MU makes a decision on Eke and we add 2 Grads, and nobody Transfers.

Correct.  We have one open spot assuming no one leaves (including Ike), and Torrence stays in 2020. 

Highly doubt MU adds grad transfers in that scenario. It'd be a traditional transfer.  Too many guys and too few minutes to go around to add another mouth to feed.  A couple defections would change that, though.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2019, 03:17:33 PM »
Pierce can play, I went to school with both his aunt and uncle and know that side of the family well. Knowing the Pierce/Kammes' families, it wouldn't shock me if Pierce wanted to play closer to home. I have no inside info, but the entire family is in the Wheaton/Glen Ellyn area. (No, I don't think he'll pick COD).

Agreed.  NU feels logical, and I'd also watch Xavier if only b/c his brother plays football at UC.  Do not know if he'd fit a need at X, but they're on him.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2019, 03:23:58 PM »
Agreed.  NU feels logical, and I'd also watch Xavier if only b/c his brother plays football at UC.  Do not know if he'd fit a need at X, but they're on him.

NU was my gut instinct too, he’s a smart kid as well.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2019, 03:32:04 PM »
Almost nothing you said here is true. Except hopefully that Markus isn't leaving.
spot on in my opinion.  if he had a better handle, could distribute better, and was a few inches taller he'd trae young status.  if what he was saying wasn't true...markus would likely be leaving. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2019, 04:55:17 PM »
spot on in my opinion.  if he had a better handle, could distribute better, and was a few inches taller he'd trae young status.  if what he was saying wasn't true...markus would likely be leaving.

So, players with Markus' shooting skills are "a dime a dozen" in the NBA?
If that were true, nobody would be talking about a short, not terribly athletic kid as a potential NBA player. The fact Markus' shooting is not "a dime a dozen" is the reason he's got a chance to be drafted.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2019, 05:24:50 PM »
So, players with Markus' shooting skills are "a dime a dozen" in the NBA?
If that were true, nobody would be talking about a short, not terribly athletic kid as a potential NBA player. The fact Markus' shooting is not "a dime a dozen" is the reason he's got a chance to be drafted.

You're right. That's his calling card. He's a remarkably talented offensive player and three point shooter. The whole gist of it is that in order to make the league with his size, he needs to improve skills that will complement his shooting and keep him on the court. History has shown very few shooters Markus' size succeed for a long time in the NBA.

Also with the emphasis on shooting now, it's not as hard to find plug-and-play shooters to add into a rotation. There are plenty of talented shooters significantly taller that fit the modern NBA.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2019, 05:51:56 PM »
You're right. That's his calling card. He's a remarkably talented offensive player and three point shooter. The whole gist of it is that in order to make the league with his size, he needs to improve skills that will complement his shooting and keep him on the court. History has shown very few shooters Markus' size succeed for a long time in the NBA.

Also with the emphasis on shooting now, it's not as hard to find plug-and-play shooters to add into a rotation. There are plenty of talented shooters significantly taller that fit the modern NBA.

When Markus is right though, he definitely has a spot in the nba as a niche microwave guard. He also has the ability to single handedly (but obviously with help) carry this team to several victories the next 10 days. He’s that good.

Unfortunately he’s not healthy right now, hasn’t been for several weeks, and won’t be this weekend. That doesn’t change his nba outlook.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2019, 08:29:55 PM »

If Markus leaves

So, what? He is so meshuggeneh to think that schlepping all the way to play in Tel Aviv next year is the right choice? He's not such a schmuck!

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2019, 08:46:37 PM »
Are those legit Members of the Israeli defense force or just there for recruiting purposes?
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2019, 09:07:22 PM »
Herman, every young man and women if you are an Israeli citizen, after high school have to join the army for I think 2 years. That’s the way it is over there and your M16 is your best friend

MU82

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2019, 09:15:05 PM »
Herman, every young man and women if you are an Israeli citizen, after high school have to join the army for I think 2 years. That’s the way it is over there and your M16 is your best friend

Is that your M16 ... or are you just happy to see me?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

AZMarqfan

• Starter
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2019, 09:20:22 PM »
If we have an open scholarship, I think it will go to the best available traditional transfer Wojo can get his hands on.  And I like that plan.

I still think we land Nico once Miller is fired

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2019, 09:20:53 PM »

Lol

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2019, 09:45:17 PM »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2019, 09:47:53 PM »
anyone mention this tucker guy?  don't know if he fits in here or if we have room for him, but i sure in the gosh darn hope he doesn't go to a BE rival

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26309371/little-rock-tucker-coveted-transfer

thanks for the pic jonny ;)
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2019, 09:53:54 PM »

well then, fire away!!

thanks for this Azdude-heading toward the sonoran desert, namesake of the infamous salsa of the hot  sands and hot babes
          spring training and march madness from the swimming pool
don't...don't don't don't don't

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2019, 10:21:11 PM »
anyone mention this tucker guy?  don't know if he fits in here or if we have room for him, but i sure in the gosh darn hope he doesn't go to a BE rival

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26309371/little-rock-tucker-coveted-transfer

thanks for the pic jonny ;)
Sounds like a gem . Lets sign him up.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2019, 09:18:18 AM »
What is funny about that?

The ship has sailed.  Nico isn't coming to Marquette. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2019, 09:27:29 AM »
The ship has sailed.  Nico isn't coming to Marquette.

Probably not. But Arizona's coach is on the hot seat. Odds seem to be that he will be fired. When coaches are fired, recruits often reopen their recruitment. If Nico were to reopen his recruitment, there is a 100% chance that Marquette will reach out to him. I'm not betting on Nico coming here, but it doesn't some like an idea worthy of being laughed out loud at.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.