[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: PC thoughts (try to not be offended)  (Read 17173 times)

Boone

• All American
Re: PC thoughts (try to not be offended)
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2019, 02:15:27 PM »
JC will likely have a good moment here and there, but it should be painfully obvious by now that he's overmatched and a lost cause

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2019, 02:20:14 PM »
Providence is always a pain in the behind but I do love Ed Cooley, his presser was pretty great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-W_XCsruas

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2019, 02:21:23 PM »
Clearly Joe C has the green light to shoot those - which means he's making them in practice. I don't need know if there's any way to overcome the mental block at this point, but would be great to have him in the role Wojo clearly wants for,him down the stretch.

Idk about your green light because hes making them in practice idea

Theres a lot of guys on this forum that could probably hit 1 in 4.   He clearly goosed out on us “lost his edge” and handed in the wings to bailey.   Time to move on.
That said, after his 2nd airball I think they ran the exact same play and Sacar nailed it.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2019, 02:22:19 PM »
That's considered a "blowout" win in the NET rankings correct?

Also, what was our free throw rate. I imagine it had to be pretty good.

That's only in rankings like KenPom....not the NET, at least as far as we know
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

tower912

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2019, 02:30:16 PM »
Can't give up on Chartouny.    No other options.    He needs a brain reboot. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2019, 02:30:56 PM »
Providence is always a pain in the behind but I do love Ed Cooley, his presser was pretty great.

He talking 'bout Ft's!  :o
Goal is National Championship

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2019, 02:35:30 PM »
I hate it on the rare occasions whe Chartouney makes a 3 - it only encourages him to shoot more. Hate to say it, his numbers looked good preseason,
but this was a mistake. He had a couple of good games against the likes of Presbyterian, but he is in over his head. I’d rather see the frustrating Jamal, who at least has occasional extraordinary athletic moves.

leever

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2019, 02:36:21 PM »

He talking 'bout Ft's!  :o

Our free throw defense was elite today!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2019, 02:38:08 PM »

Classy.    His comments about youth were very apt in regards to MU the last couple of years.    'a tough out if you don't scout them.'
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2019, 02:40:07 PM »
Can't give up on Chartouny.    No other options.    He needs a brain reboot.

Plus Tax
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2019, 02:44:45 PM »
When was the last time we put a true garbage time walk-on the floor to close out the game in a game where healthy, dressed scholarship players (Cain, Heldt) did not get in the game?
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2019, 02:46:19 PM »
I hate it on the rare occasions whe Chartouney makes a 3 - it only encourages him to shoot more. Hate to say it, his numbers looked good preseason,
but this was a mistake. He had a couple of good games against the likes of Presbyterian, but he is in over his head. I’d rather see the frustrating Jamal, who at least has occasional extraordinary athletic moves.

You hate it when Chartouney makes a 3?

Lol.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

nyg

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2019, 02:54:38 PM »
You hate it when Chartouney makes a 3?

Lol.

Joe has scored two points in the last three games and in Big East play he is 1 for 8 from three, the last one coming at SJU on 1/1/19. 

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2019, 02:57:21 PM »
Maybe with JC it's his confidence.  He picks up his dribble way too often.  It's stifling.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2019, 03:07:20 PM »
Joe has scored two points in the last three games and in Big East play he is 1 for 8 from three, the last one coming at SJU on 1/1/19.

So I’ll ask again. People hate when Chartouney makes a 3 pointer?

Lol.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2019, 03:18:40 PM »
So I’ll ask again. People hate when Chartouney makes a 3 pointer?

Lol.

Weird.  He needs to make a few, I want him to have confidence otherwise it is 4 on 5 when he is there.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2019, 03:19:09 PM »
I hope JC figures it out but would not blame Wojo one bit if he starts to phase him out of the regular rotation. Bailey is coming on and Cain brings more to the table. We were able to supplement the loss of Howard’s ball handling vs GU with Sacar and Sam. I just don’t see much of a role for JC. He’s pretty terrible at everything right now and is scared with the ball in his hands
No Finish Line

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2019, 03:42:46 PM »
I hope JC figures it out but would not blame Wojo one bit if he starts to phase him out of the regular rotation. Bailey is coming on and Cain brings more to the table. We were able to supplement the loss of Howard’s ball handling vs GU with Sacar and Sam. I just don’t see much of a role for JC. He’s pretty terrible at everything right now and is scared with the ball in his hands

On the contrary, Wojo needs to do everything possible to re-establish JC's confidence, and that sure as heck isn't going to happen with him glued to the bench.
Marquette won't be making a run in March - when the team will have to play on consecutive nights (BE tourney) or games within 48 hours (NCAA tourney) - with Markus running the point for 37 minutes a night.
Bailey and Cain may bring more to the table, but neither are capable of running the point. And while Sam did yeoman's work last week against Georgetown, I shiver at the thought of him trying to run the point against a quality defensive backcourt.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 03:47:10 PM by Pakuni »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2019, 03:49:38 PM »
Exactly.   The strength of this team is the team.   Chartouny is a part of the team.   A confident Chartouny playing like he did at Fordham would be a great help.    And, I think Matt should have gotten some run when Ed was getting abused.     
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 03:55:11 PM by tower912 »

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2019, 04:09:24 PM »
I watched the second half on tape this afternoon and was again pleased to see that as important as Markus is to our team, others can and do step up. Sam's a stud and the two Hausers are quite a pair.

Again, coaching is really important. Not sure what Coach Wojo said at halftime, but it worked. This team is beginning to show what it has and what it has is really pretty good.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2019, 04:47:38 PM »
When was the last time we put a true garbage time walk-on the floor to close out the game in a game where healthy, dressed scholarship players (Cain, Heldt) did not get in the game?

I don’t recall which opponent it was, but a few games ago I thought the same thing when the walk-ons played at the end instead of Heldt.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2019, 05:28:55 PM »
3 games in the next 10 games.    Or 4 in 11.    Markus and Morrow didn't look 100%.    Need to get healthy.    Need to get more contributions from more players.   

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2019, 05:32:18 PM »
On the contrary, Wojo needs to do everything possible to re-establish JC's confidence, and that sure as heck isn't going to happen with him glued to the bench.
Marquette won't be making a run in March - when the team will have to play on consecutive nights (BE tourney) or games within 48 hours (NCAA tourney) - with Markus running the point for 37 minutes a night.
Bailey and Cain may bring more to the table, but neither are capable of running the point. And while Sam did yeoman's work last week against Georgetown, I shiver at the thought of him trying to run the point against a quality defensive backcourt.
He should get the minutes he earns. If he continues to play the way he has Wojo doesn’t have much choice
No Finish Line

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2019, 05:32:38 PM »
So...with that logic Cain should play and not be glued to the bench to regain his confidence. After all, Cain did not throw up two airballs today. BTW, Cartooney is not here next year while we will need Cain next year.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2019, 05:36:59 PM »
So...with that logic Cain should play and not be glued to the bench to regain his confidence. After all, Cain did not throw up two airballs today. BTW, Cartooney is not here next year while we will need Cain next year.

Missed you in the second half of the game thread
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire