[Today at 03:28:48 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:05:12 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Opponents not looking great of late  (Read 89133 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: Opponents not looking great of late
« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2019, 10:12:45 PM »
*there
What’s interesting is most everyone else doesn’t have to explain it even once, yet for some reason you have to continue to explain
Over and over.

What is more interesting is everyone else that is rational doesn’t ask the question multiple times, but you continue to.  So it must mean you have a problem processing the answer. 

« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 09:54:53 AM by Cheeks »
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #101 on: January 13, 2019, 12:42:50 AM »
*there
What’s interesting is most everyone else doesn’t have to explain it even once, yet for some reason you have to continue to explain
Over and over.

Agreed. It's dumb.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #102 on: January 13, 2019, 07:43:01 AM »
We will not need any help from the Badgers this year. I’m good with them losing as many games as possible.

Yessir.

I love that nobody should feel it's necessary to "respect" their program any more, either.

Kaminsky, Dekker, Hayes, Koenig and Gasser ain't walkin' through that door again, and Gard ain't Bo.

They had a heck of a run. It's over. Unless somebody progresses amazingly well, Happ-less F%cky will be REALLY hapless next season.

Our 20 point win over them at the suddenly quiet Kohl Hole next December will be a drag on our NET rating, but I can live quite happily with that!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #103 on: January 13, 2019, 07:58:04 AM »
Reminds of me and Mrs. Gato last night.
We’ve all failed to launch at one point or another
No Finish Line

Goose

• All American
« Reply #104 on: January 13, 2019, 08:09:27 AM »
MU82

I am in agreement that I no longer feel the need to respect the Badgers program. There is no doubt that I was envious of what the Badgers had going, and now that run is over. Hopefully MU can take full advantage of their demise when it comes to in state recruiting.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #105 on: January 13, 2019, 09:59:31 AM »
Yessir.

I love that nobody should feel it's necessary to "respect" their program any more, either.

Kaminsky, Dekker, Hayes, Koenig and Gasser ain't walkin' through that door again, and Gard ain't Bo.

They had a heck of a run. It's over. Unless somebody progresses amazingly well, Happ-less F%cky will be REALLY hapless next season.

Our 20 point win over them at the suddenly quiet Kohl Hole next December will be a drag on our NET rating, but I can live quite happily with that!

They did have a heck of a run, and in my opinion worth respect. I was brought up to respect your opponents, I imagine you were, too.  Especially if they did it right. To my knowledge, they weren't cheating, no scumbags on the team, and the like.  One of the longest runs in NCAA history for a program that did essentially nothing for 47 years. 

I, too, am extremely happy when we beat them, after all it is our Super Bowl.   I think you guys are out to lunch to suggest its over, it may take a break, but when you build it up like they did and as provincial of a state that Wisconsin is, they will pull out all the stops to get it going again. This state bleeds 80% red in everything, I think they like having hemhroids just to see red on the paper when they wipe....just the way it is.  That is never going to change in a state like Wisconsin where there is only one big state school.

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #106 on: January 13, 2019, 10:21:03 AM »
They did have a heck of a run, and in my opinion worth respect. I was brought up to respect your opponents, I imagine you were, too.  Especially if they did it right. To my knowledge, they weren't cheating, no scumbags on the team, and the like.  One of the longest runs in NCAA history for a program that did essentially nothing for 47 years. 

I, too, am extremely happy when we beat them, after all it is our Super Bowl.   I think you guys are out to lunch to suggest its over, it may take a break, but when you build it up like they did and as provincial of a state that Wisconsin is, they will pull out all the stops to get it going again. This state bleeds 80% red in everything, I think they like having hemhroids just to see red on the paper when they wipe....just the way it is.  That is never going to change in a state like Wisconsin where there is only one big state school.

I respect what F%cky did, both under Bo and Bennett.

Before that, they sucked for 1,000 years. I have seen no evidence to suggest they will approach anywhere near their golden days under Bo anytime in the foreseeable future. And, first and foremost, they care about football.

F%ck F%cky. They're toast.

Go Marquette!

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #107 on: January 13, 2019, 10:26:21 AM »
Yessir.

You sure Jalen Johnson is not walking through the door?

Just asking
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #108 on: January 13, 2019, 10:33:37 AM »

Just asking

Nope. Don't care. They're toast.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #109 on: January 13, 2019, 11:39:24 AM »

Just asking

Maybe if we keep winning it's our Door.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Boston Warrior

• Starter
« Reply #110 on: January 13, 2019, 11:44:02 AM »
Creighton besting Villanova at the half... bring it home!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #111 on: January 13, 2019, 11:47:52 AM »
Bo was the scumbag.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2019, 12:00:10 PM »

weren't they beating us at the half?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2019, 12:07:31 PM »

And the end!
Have some patience, FFS.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2019, 12:15:14 PM »

The only time our game was tied with Creighton was 0-0 and when the clock read 0:00.00. 

This was the amazing part of the Creighton game that was lost with Markus' 53 ... MU did not lead or tie the game during all 40 minutes of regulation and yet won.  I cannot imagine that happened but a handful of times in CBB history.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 12:16:46 PM by Rick Majerus' Towel »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2019, 12:37:27 PM »

Nova up 10.  They were and still are the team to beat in this league. 

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2019, 12:38:21 PM »
Bo was the scumbag.

As a husband, absolutely.  As a guy, yup.  We’ve had several guys run our program over the years that did same as him.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #117 on: January 13, 2019, 12:45:41 PM »
Nope. Don't care. They're toast.

Highly unlikely, and if so it will be short lived.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #118 on: January 13, 2019, 12:47:20 PM »

Joe Wolf 1983 = Diamond Stone 2015

On the face of it, both programs seem to be following the same path.

agree?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 12:49:08 PM by Rick Majerus' Towel »

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #119 on: January 13, 2019, 12:48:40 PM »
What is more interesting is everyone else that is rational doesn’t ask the question multiple times, but you continue to.  So it must mean you have a problem processing the answer. 
Ok—yep I’m convinced. You said so.
Until.....Bucky starts winning again and you tell us how impressed you are with how they play the game and do it the right way.
Same sheet every year.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #120 on: January 13, 2019, 12:52:52 PM »

Why do you keep repeating this?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #121 on: January 13, 2019, 12:59:21 PM »

Joe Wolf 1983 = Diamond Stone 2015

On the face of it, both programs seem to be following the same path.

agree?

There is a huge difference, the second that babies are born in WI, hospitals start the cradle to grave brainwashing by putting them in that red crap.  With football and their pathetic division they play in, they will likely be competing for division titles year in and year out which has a halo effect.  The two big things we have going for us; Milwaukee, because so many basketball players come from urban backgrounds and want to continue playing in that environment.  The other, for now, is the NBA presence here.  Of course many top programs aren’t in an urban setting and don’t have a NBA team, so it is by no means a guarantor of success.

Let’s also not forget in the mid 80’s MU’s facilities were a joke, no conference, the university was at end of the Raynor run and not exactly clicking on all cylinders. UW-Madison extension is in no way comparable shape and they have all the non alumni in the state slathering for them whenever possible.  UW has the Big Ten network, to boot.  Go to the mall and try to buy a sweatshirt of MU vs UW Madison extension.  No contest.  I don't think the Wolf example holds any comparisons based on the reality of where MU was then, and where UW is now.

So no, I don’t think it represents anything of the parallel path as the situation and environment are so different.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 07:57:04 PM by Cheeks »

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #122 on: January 13, 2019, 05:23:34 PM »
As a husband, absolutely.  As a guy, yup.  We’ve had several guys run our program over the years that did same as him.
Do tell. We're all ears.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #123 on: January 13, 2019, 06:59:35 PM »
Highly unlikely, and if so it will be short lived.

Why? Why do you think it is a slam dunk that Wisconsin will be great at basketball again soon?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #124 on: January 13, 2019, 07:11:26 PM »
depaul beats the pond-less jonnies

so does that diminish our win against st jonnie?  i guess, but it's better than diminishing a loss

just win baby!!
don't...don't don't don't don't

feedback