[Today at 07:52:45 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by MarquetteVol
[Today at 07:30:33 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Goose
[Today at 07:05:04 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by Judge Smails
[Today at 07:02:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Opponents not looking great of late  (Read 89145 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: Opponents not looking great of late
« Reply #125 on: January 13, 2019, 07:47:29 PM »
Ok—yep I’m convinced. You said so.
Until.....Bucky starts winning again and you tell us how impressed you are with how they play the game and do it the right way.
Same sheet every year.

Don't particularly care if you are convinced.  I was brought up to respect your opponents, if your opponents deserve respect.  They aren't cheating best I can tell.  They put together an incredible run, I tip my hat to them.  That doesn't mean I don't want to beat their brains in every single time we play them.  Not sure how you possibly cannot understand this?  Larry Bird and Magic wanted to beat each other every time, but they still respected them.  Get it?  Finally?
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #126 on: January 13, 2019, 07:55:08 PM »
Why? Why do you think it is a slam dunk that Wisconsin will be great at basketball again soon?

In my view they went so long not being able to get it done (47 years), and now just got done having one of the greatest runs in NCAA history (6th longest NCAA streak ever), they won't sit around and just let it die.  Too much pride, great facilities, great conference, TV exposure, and enough midwest talent to do it.  May not be with current staff, but Alvarez won't sit idly by.  Maybe I'm wrong, I hope I am, but I don't see it.  They are setup for success because their only in state competition is us, Minnesota by and large can't get their act together, neither can Northwestern. Iowa has been a paper tiger forever.  Who is their midwest competition, especially west of Chicago?  Probably us.  I don't think it is Iowa State. 

That streak of theirs, the other schools are Kansas, North Carolina, Duke, Michigan State, Indiana, Kentucky and Gonzaga.  That's quite a list to be on.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #127 on: January 13, 2019, 07:58:26 PM »
Do tell. We're all ears.

Really?  K.O. ring a bell?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 08:00:29 PM by Cheeks »

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #128 on: January 13, 2019, 08:08:47 PM »
Don't particularly care if you are convinced.  I was brought up to respect your opponents, if your opponents deserve respect.  They aren't cheating best I can tell.  They put together an incredible run, I tip my hat to them.  That doesn't mean I don't want to beat their brains in every single time we play them.  Not sure how you possibly cannot understand this?  Larry Bird and Magic wanted to beat each other every time, but they still respected them.  Get it?  Finally?

If you don’t care, maybe stop responding?

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #129 on: January 13, 2019, 09:42:25 PM »
Maybe I'm wrong, I hope I am, but I don't see it.
No, you don’t hope your wrong.
You say the same sheet year after year and finish your love affair statements of UW with a sentence about how you hope they do poorly, stay down(but don’t think that they will), can’t get back to where they have recently been......but no one believes your story.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #130 on: January 13, 2019, 10:00:47 PM »
In my view they went so long not being able to get it done (47 years), and now just got done having one of the greatest runs in NCAA history (6th longest NCAA streak ever), they won't sit around and just let it die.  Too much pride, great facilities, great conference, TV exposure, and enough midwest talent to do it.  May not be with current staff, but Alvarez won't sit idly by.  Maybe I'm wrong, I hope I am, but I don't see it.  They are setup for success because their only in state competition is us, Minnesota by and large can't get their act together, neither can Northwestern. Iowa has been a paper tiger forever.  Who is their midwest competition, especially west of Chicago?  Probably us.  I don't think it is Iowa State. 

That streak of theirs, the other schools are Kansas, North Carolina, Duke, Michigan State, Indiana, Kentucky and Gonzaga.  That's quite a list to be on.

OK, we'll agree to disagree.

F%cky is toast.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #131 on: January 13, 2019, 10:18:06 PM »
No, you don’t hope your wrong.
You say the same sheet year after year and finish your love affair statements of UW with a sentence about how you hope they do poorly, stay down(but don’t think that they will), can’t get back to where they have recently been......but no one believes your story.

You really have to stop. 

There are all kinds of sports examples where people can hate on the team or program, and still respect what they have accomplished.  You think WCC fans love Gonzaga?  I'll bet they respect them.  San Antonio Spurs.  I'm guessing many would say Duke basketball (yes, they have had a few moments of questionable actions).  To pretend I have love or like Wisconsin is laughable.  People at home and work would literally be laughing at you, especially Wisconsin week.  I have one guy on staff that went to Madison, he has to wear MU stuff to work next week as part of the bet we had.  I used to have a Bucky Badger mascot hanging by a a string in my office that was connected to a stick that you would see at some Minnesota football games...a friend gave it to me. At some point I thought it was in bad taste, so it was removed, but that stuck around for a number of years.  So please stop with this, it's beneath you....it really is.  I cannot stand Wisconsin, which is why I started the -madison thing here years ago.  Look it up in the search history.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #132 on: January 13, 2019, 10:18:45 PM »
OK, we'll agree to disagree.

F%cky is toast.

I hope you are right, but methinks you are using your heart and not your head. 

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #133 on: January 13, 2019, 10:27:17 PM »
You really have to stop. 

There are all kinds of sports examples where people can hate on the team or program, and still respect what they have accomplished.  You think WCC fans love Gonzaga?  I'll bet they respect them.  San Antonio Spurs.  I'm guessing many would say Duke basketball (yes, they have had a few moments of questionable actions).  To pretend I have love or like Wisconsin is laughable.  People at home and work would literally be laughing at you, especially Wisconsin week.  I have one guy on staff that went to Madison, he has to wear MU stuff to work next week as part of the bet we had.  I used to have a Bucky Badger mascot hanging by a a string in my office that was connected to a stick that you would see at some Minnesota football games...a friend gave it to me. At some point I thought it was in bad taste, so it was removed, but that stuck around for a number of years.  So please stop with this, it's beneath you....it really is.  I cannot stand Wisconsin, which is why I started the -madison thing here years ago.  Look it up in the search history.

More a response to the statement quoted by the above response, but: damn...why is the board devolving into binary positions? I love a healthy debate--but these threads have turned a little too personal.

Friends, most people who know me agree I am the least likely to be the adult in the room, but let's all take a deep breath.

Go Marquette. A few beers on me if we ever meet in person.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #134 on: January 13, 2019, 10:42:20 PM »
Really?  K.O. ring a bell?
Ok. Didn't know that. But you said several. So....

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #135 on: January 13, 2019, 10:47:05 PM »
More a response to the statement quoted by the above response, but: damn...why is the board devolving into binary positions? I love a healthy debate--but these threads have turned a little too personal.

Friends, most people who know me agree I am the least likely to be the adult in the room, but let's all take a deep breath.

Go Marquette. A few beers on me if we ever meet in person.
Jake Barnes for poster of the day.  For as many people that support one team as passionately as we do, we get into a lot of really stupid arguments (of which I'm certainly guilty as well). We all root for the same team, it shouldn't be as hard as it is to be civil.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 11:02:16 PM by Its DJOver »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #136 on: January 13, 2019, 11:39:21 PM »
I hope you are right, but methinks you are using your heart and not your head.

You'll even argue with those who agree to disagree. What else is new?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #137 on: January 14, 2019, 07:35:06 PM »
Indiana loses at home to Nebraska 66_51. They look pretty bad. Must have played there best game against us

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #138 on: January 14, 2019, 07:53:47 PM »
You'll even argue with those who agree to disagree. What else is new?

Don't think that was arguing, but rather politely commenting.

Boston Warrior

• Starter
« Reply #139 on: January 14, 2019, 08:01:30 PM »
Badgers down 12 mid first half...

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #140 on: January 14, 2019, 08:15:16 PM »
They are having the most annoying kind of season as an MU fan. They are sliding down the S Curve so the win doesn't look nearly as good, but they likely won't lose enough to miss the tournament.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #141 on: January 14, 2019, 08:23:38 PM »
Can’t say I’m not enjoying these embarrassing performances by the Badgers

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #142 on: January 14, 2019, 08:25:03 PM »
They are having the most annoying kind of season as an MU fan. They are sliding down the S Curve so the win doesn't look nearly as good, but they likely won't lose enough to miss the tournament.

Win just enough to keep Gard.
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #143 on: January 14, 2019, 08:25:15 PM »
Win or lose the badgers look so efficient on both ends of the floor tonight. I’ll be shocked if they don’t crack the top 10 in KenPom by tomorrow.

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #144 on: January 14, 2019, 08:34:57 PM »
I don’t get the love fest of F%CKY by Chico’s? 

What have they done?  The only major state school with unlimited resources and have one a single championship during WW2.  Sign me up....

How many teams play then? 8?

I’d be interested in someone who is smarter then I to see the two schools matched up side by side.  (Total wins, tournament appearances, final fours, championships, nba drafted players, etc)

Take f%ucky’s last 5 years out, and they haven’t done sh*t.   

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #145 on: January 14, 2019, 08:40:26 PM »
MD 33 - WI 15 Half
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #146 on: January 14, 2019, 08:50:42 PM »
Has Bucky won in 2019?  And doesn't some idiot still have them a #4 seed?   :o

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #147 on: January 14, 2019, 08:54:14 PM »
Looks like this will be loss #4 in becky's last 5 games. Nice they had a two game win streak after they played us (home wins against Savannah St. and Grambling St.!).

kenpom will probably elevate them from 14 to top 10 after this latest defeat. Go Terps!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #148 on: January 14, 2019, 08:56:03 PM »
They won at Penn St on 1/6.  However, losing tonight would mean they've lost four of their last five.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #149 on: January 14, 2019, 08:58:16 PM »
Indiana loses at home to Nebraska 66_51. They look pretty bad. Must have played there best game against us

Where? 

feedback