[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Poll

If Markus continues to put up 30 and 40 point games, and stays in the conversation for NPOY, do you expect Markus to return for his senior year?

Yes, 80-100% certain he will return.
218 (50.6%)
Probably, 60-80%
149 (34.6%)
Maybe, 40-60%
42 (9.7%)
Probably not, 20-40%
16 (3.7%)
No, 0-20%.  He is ready for the league.
6 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 429

Author Topic: Do you expect Markus back for his senior year?  (Read 48271 times)

Archies Bat

• All American
Re: Do you expect Markus back for his senior year?
« Reply #275 on: January 21, 2019, 06:01:26 PM »
OK, I'll start by noting that I don't have all the history of all the renditions of Chicos/Cheeks on scoop.  Now, I'm going to say that I have not seen anything objectionable about what Cheeks has been posting over the past weeks.  It adds to the conversation, can be informative and is often interesting.  I do not understand why, whenever he posts something that appears benign or even useful, somebody jumps down his throat about being self serving or argumentative or something.  Y'all gave Ners/Floorslapper a waaaaay longer leash than Chicos is getting.  I get that there's a history, but the responses seem unnaturally harsh when it doesn't appear that we are into the issues that caused prior bannings. 

It's 2019 and we're #11/12 in the polls, folks.  Let's smile and wait for the (inevitable?) regression to the mean before jumping so hard on a poster reincarnation.

+1.  It gets tiresome.

There are some good healthy debates on Scoop.  There are others who just like to sh@t on some others.

Bold part is where we should try to be.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #276 on: January 21, 2019, 06:07:46 PM »
Don't think I saw this posted here yet

https://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft

Markus #39

Duke with #1, 3, and 6.

Kansas with an injured guy at #47.

Odds are neither will win it all, but I like my side better.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #277 on: January 21, 2019, 06:14:48 PM »
OK, I'll start by noting that I don't have all the history of all the renditions of Chicos/Cheeks on scoop.  Now, I'm going to say that I have not seen anything objectionable about what Cheeks has been posting over the past weeks.  It adds to the conversation, can be informative and is often interesting.  I do not understand why, whenever he posts something that appears benign or even useful, somebody jumps down his throat about being self serving or argumentative or something.  Y'all gave Ners/Floorslapper a waaaaay longer leash than Chicos is getting.  I get that there's a history, but the responses seem unnaturally harsh when it doesn't appear that we are into the issues that caused prior bannings. 

It's 2019 and we're #11/12 in the polls, folks.  Let's smile and wait for the (inevitable?) regression to the mean before jumping so hard on a poster reincarnation.

Oh, and yes, I fully expect Markus to be back for his senior year.  He won't be anywhere close to a first round sniff this year.

I agree with Mom, and I have followed the Chico's saga much longer than she has.  I don't agree with everything Chico's says, and I agree that he often doesn't know when to quit in an argument, but he could literally say, "The sky is blue" and someone on here would accuse him of being a pompous know-it-all.

Have some patience, FFS.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #278 on: January 21, 2019, 06:25:42 PM »
Repetition is the key to adult learning

Is a running gag from last week.    Lighten up, Francis.   

sorry-wasn't in on/see the original gag nor the initial posting of this article.  must have been "a roll on the floor" doozy, however i'll try to pay more attention in the future.  i loves me a good one every now and then as much as the chick, et.al. 

love, fran
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #279 on: January 21, 2019, 06:42:35 PM »

Oh, and yes, I fully expect Markus to be back for his senior year.  He won't be anywhere close to a first round sniff this year.

i just became your #1 fan,  mom!!  nicely done!! 

you couldn't have stated that any better!  cheeks offers a unique point of view thru his interactions and experiences with many people we could only have wished to have crossed paths with.  many here seem to think they have to lift their leg and leave their scent on everything he says just to be heard.  o.k. he's back, get over it.  he has been nothing but respectful, in agreement or otherwise.  show the same a little.  ya'll feel so much better. 

free the man!

don't...don't don't don't don't

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #280 on: January 21, 2019, 07:14:00 PM »
I agree with Mom, and I have followed the Chico's saga much longer than she has.  I don't agree with everything Chico's says, and I agree that he often doesn't know when to quit in an argument, but he could literally say, "The sky is blue" and someone on here would accuse him of being a pompous know-it-all.

I think part of it is Chico's brings out the worst in people. There have been times where I've put him on ignore, not because of anything he is really saying, but because he brings out the worst in me.

I know I have a hard time letting things go sometimes too, and he knows how to push all the right buttons, and does.

I always take him back off ignore though, as I do enjoy some of his nuggets.

Even with all of it, I'd gladly invite him over for beers and to watch the game.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 09:08:47 PM by forgetful »

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #281 on: January 21, 2019, 09:04:14 PM »
Even message boards are better with a heel. Chicos, Ners, and Heisenberg are like the Farooq, Rock, and Dlo Brown of MUScoop.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #282 on: January 21, 2019, 09:22:20 PM »

Thank you

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #283 on: January 21, 2019, 09:22:39 PM »
+1.  It gets tiresome.

There are some good healthy debates on Scoop.  There are others who just like to sh@t on some others.

Bold part is where we should try to be.

Thank you, too

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #284 on: January 21, 2019, 09:23:21 PM »

Guilty as charged at times, but thank you.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #285 on: January 22, 2019, 09:33:13 AM »

The sky is gray

Goose

• All American
« Reply #286 on: January 22, 2019, 09:35:50 AM »
Chico's makes Scoop a better place. Plus, he is a big boy and can handle himself in almost every discussion.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #287 on: January 22, 2019, 11:32:04 AM »

That’s because the sky was yellow and the sun was blue
Bring back FFP!!!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #288 on: January 22, 2019, 12:00:33 PM »
And Chico's name dropped who was responsible for the color of the sky and went to great lengths to explain over and over why the color of the sky made him morally superior. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #289 on: January 22, 2019, 12:58:19 PM »
Don't think I saw this posted here yet

https://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft

Markus #39
This is a big development. I pay attention to the direction the player is moving more than the actual ranking. It took Markus a while to make it to the end of the 2020 mock and now he has jumped up to 39 on 2019.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #290 on: January 22, 2019, 02:25:27 PM »
This is a big development. I pay attention to the direction the player is moving more than the actual ranking. It took Markus a while to make it to the end of the 2020 mock and now he has jumped up to 39 on 2019.

That’s not a credible site.  DraftExpress was the best and now they’re in the espn world.

The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #291 on: January 22, 2019, 03:11:43 PM »
That’s not a credible site.  DraftExpress was the best and now they’re in the espn world.
They seem to be reasonably accurate on many of the players I have been following. I followed that sight and Draft Express Henrys year and they were very similar.

The accuracy improves the closer to the draft.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #292 on: January 23, 2019, 03:21:25 PM »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #293 on: January 29, 2019, 10:05:05 AM »
FWIW, The Athletic has Markus going 44th in its latest mock draft.
I still think he comes back.

Slim

• All American
« Reply #294 on: January 30, 2019, 07:39:58 PM »
He's staying.

He just said he wouldn't trade this for anything in the world. Done deal.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 07:59:04 PM by Slim »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #295 on: January 30, 2019, 07:42:47 PM »
I may need to go the home finale so I can cheer ONE MORE YEAR.. ONE MORE YEAR.

And also attend the six tourney games.

#M2N

(who woulda thought? lol)
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #296 on: January 30, 2019, 07:48:39 PM »
He's staying.

He just said he wouldn't trade the for anything in the world. Done deal.

Have some patience, FFS.

real chili 83

• All American

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #298 on: January 30, 2019, 08:14:24 PM »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #299 on: January 30, 2019, 08:20:02 PM »
ESPN has Markus getting picked @ # 41 in the 2020 Draft..  8-)

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/25826785/2020-nba-mock-draft-new-no-1-pick-scouting-lamelo-ball

Correct.  I spoke to Jonathan Givony the other day.  We’ve had a bit of a relationship going back 10 years.  He will provide more info later which i’ll Put up on Crackedsidewalks

feedback