[Today at 09:50:14 AM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by tower912
[Today at 07:24:54 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by WhiteTrash
[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

If Markus continues to put up 30 and 40 point games, and stays in the conversation for NPOY, do you expect Markus to return for his senior year?

Yes, 80-100% certain he will return.
218 (50.6%)
Probably, 60-80%
149 (34.6%)
Maybe, 40-60%
42 (9.7%)
Probably not, 20-40%
16 (3.7%)
No, 0-20%.  He is ready for the league.
6 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 429

Author Topic: Do you expect Markus back for his senior year?  (Read 48956 times)

warriorchick

• All American
Re: Do you expect Markus back for his senior year?
« Reply #250 on: January 12, 2019, 05:23:16 PM »
...or elevators shoes!

Nice idea, but don't they get measured in their bare feet at the combine?
Have some patience, FFS.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #251 on: January 12, 2019, 05:31:09 PM »
And the shot clock limits how much an opponent can suppress the score by taking the air out of the ball. Absent a foul or offensive rebound, you get the ball back at least every 30 seconds.

This doesn't take anything away from Markus, it's just that the rules have changed the game a lot over the years.

Yep. WarriorDad/cubbiechicos would claim this is further proof that Millennials have it easy.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #252 on: January 12, 2019, 07:15:34 PM »
The answer is still yes, he will return for his senior year.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #253 on: January 12, 2019, 07:44:09 PM »
Golden
Feel free to say or think whatever you want about me. That said, try and add something to your posts that are value added on the topic at hand. What is your thoughts on Howard, Howard as MU GOAT or is he back next season? I posted my thoughts on the topic being discussed and shared my thoughts. Try and add something to the mix, rather than being an a$$hole.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #254 on: January 12, 2019, 07:53:43 PM »
MU82
I believe Howard would be the greatest scorer regardless of rules of days past or current rules. The kid can flat out do things that others have never done. As I mentioned earlier, he will set a record that will stand for decades, barring injury or leaving early. They could change things and have four point line and he will stand alone for a long time.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #256 on: January 17, 2019, 06:36:23 PM »
Stupid post. 

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #257 on: January 17, 2019, 06:36:45 PM »
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 07:18:14 PM by ChitownSpaceForRent »

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #258 on: January 17, 2019, 07:13:08 PM »
Agreed, if Markus has a shot at even early second round after this year he should go. That being said, for the love of god please do not let that happen.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #259 on: January 17, 2019, 07:24:01 PM »
https://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2019/01/17/2019-nba-mock-draft-2-0-zion-williamson-remains-no-1-duke-goes-1-2-3/

OK, I don't follow the NBA draft much, but Dauster's list has zero Euros in the top 30.
Is that accurate? If so, when was the last time that happened?
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

MU82

• All American
« Reply #260 on: January 17, 2019, 07:38:03 PM »
QUENTIN GRIMES, Kansas: I’m still in on the potential of Grimes in the longterm, but I’m starting to think he’s more of a two or three year college player than one-and-done. What does he do at an NBA level right now? He shoots 30.3 percent from three, he has fewer assists than he does turnovers and he hasn’t been anything special defensively.

Interesting.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #261 on: January 17, 2019, 07:41:17 PM »
Everywon missed on dis 5 star. Guess ya reely kant exstrapilate ontwo da next level, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #263 on: January 21, 2019, 09:50:55 AM »
Don't think I saw this posted here yet

https://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft

Markus #39

muwarrior97

• All American
  • CALVACADE OF BRICKS
« Reply #264 on: January 21, 2019, 11:40:33 AM »
Have not read all the comments but as someone who has seen "little" shooters (remember Jimmer) who struggle with NBA pace, height, length and physicality I could see him going and taking the chance or staying for all four years...

Wish the  best for him, he's fun to watch play and next year could be even better with more confident players around him helping spread the floor

Go Markus!  8-)
#RGV #ReturnTheWarriorMindset

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #265 on: January 21, 2019, 11:57:07 AM »
Markus is staying...article in other thread convinced me.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #266 on: January 21, 2019, 12:51:44 PM »
Don't think I saw this posted here yet

https://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft

Markus #39

I reached out to Jonathan Givony this morning for an update.  He has worked with me in the past for Cracked Sidewalks MU players that could be drafted.  His Draft Express was purchased by ESPN, so he is technically an ESPN employee now, which may preclude him from doing interviews with us as he has done in the past.

Mike Schmitz was in Milwaukee yesterday for the game and I believe works for Jon.  Will write something up on CS if anything newsworthy comes of it.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #267 on: January 21, 2019, 12:57:52 PM »
nice long article SI online today-

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/25770461/why-5-foot-11-markus-howard-nation-most-dangerous-scorer

still hard to say(for me) if MH is going to stay one more year, or try to cash in.
don't...don't don't don't don't

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #268 on: January 21, 2019, 01:10:10 PM »
nice long article SI online today-

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/25770461/why-5-foot-11-markus-howard-nation-most-dangerous-scorer

still hard to say(for me) if MH is going to stay one more year, or try to cash in.

Repetition is the key to adult learning.
Have some patience, FFS.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #269 on: January 21, 2019, 01:17:29 PM »
Repetition is the key to adult learning.

very profound-if you're referring to the fact that i posted the article above after it has already been posted somewhere else, big whoop.  here it is again.  i guess i needed the "click bait"
don't...don't don't don't don't

tower912

• All American
« Reply #270 on: January 21, 2019, 02:05:53 PM »
Repetition is the key to adult learning

Is a running gag from last week.    Lighten up, Francis.     
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #271 on: January 21, 2019, 02:26:13 PM »
Spoke to Jon Givony at ESPN / Draft Express.  He said they have MH mid 80's for their top 100 players, and mid second round pick....in 2020.  Will be updated on Wednesday in their mock.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #272 on: January 21, 2019, 04:15:43 PM »
Spoke to Jon Givony at ESPN / Draft Express.  He said they have MH mid 80's for their top 100 players, and mid second round pick....in 2020.  Will be updated on Wednesday in their mock.

So you put a stake in the ground, then breathlessly report what a person in the industry said (when it happens to agree with you) as fact, which also as an added bonus "proves" you "know" someone in the industry?

#softbubbleredux

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #273 on: January 21, 2019, 05:32:47 PM »
So you put a stake in the ground, then breathlessly report what a person in the industry said (when it happens to agree with you) as fact, which also as an added bonus "proves" you "know" someone in the industry?

#softbubbleredux

What?

I would report either way what Jonathon said.  He's been kind enough going back a number of years to help out with additional information on MU potential draft picks.  Whether I agree with him or not, I have never waivered and providing his insights.  He is considered an expert in this area, which is why ESPN partnered with him and his firm, DraftExpress.  He isn't perfect by any stretch, but enough that this is his day job.

I have published a number of our interactions on MU players with his permission over the last 10 years.  A more in depth Marquette angle than we would normally get.  Feel free to enjoy them or not, doesn't bother me.  Enough people enjoyed them and I was happy to bring the news to MU fans.

http://www.crackedsidewalks.com/2009/03/nba-futures-for-3-amigos-interview-with.html    2009  Three Amigos

http://www.crackedsidewalks.com/2013/04/crackedsidewalks-interview-with.html   2013  Vander Blue

http://www.crackedsidewalks.com/2016/05/henry-ellensons-draft-stock-interview.html    2016  Henry Ellenson

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #274 on: January 21, 2019, 05:52:49 PM »
OK, I'll start by noting that I don't have all the history of all the renditions of Chicos/Cheeks on scoop.  Now, I'm going to say that I have not seen anything objectionable about what Cheeks has been posting over the past weeks.  It adds to the conversation, can be informative and is often interesting.  I do not understand why, whenever he posts something that appears benign or even useful, somebody jumps down his throat about being self serving or argumentative or something.  Y'all gave Ners/Floorslapper a waaaaay longer leash than Chicos is getting.  I get that there's a history, but the responses seem unnaturally harsh when it doesn't appear that we are into the issues that caused prior bannings. 

It's 2019 and we're #11/12 in the polls, folks.  Let's smile and wait for the (inevitable?) regression to the mean before jumping so hard on a poster reincarnation.

Oh, and yes, I fully expect Markus to be back for his senior year.  He won't be anywhere close to a first round sniff this year.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 05:54:20 PM by MomofMUltiples »
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

feedback