[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Quentin Grimes not living up to expectations at KU  (Read 20162 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Quentin Grimes not living up to expectations at KU
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2018, 11:30:49 PM »
Says the guy who tried to bet people that Xavier was “overrated” in January and tried to make the claim that if they finished 6th in the polls instead of 7th that is proof. Lol.

Oh and by the way Xavier then finished with a 1 seed so you then shifted the goalposts to “see they lost to FSU so they were overrated.”

UVA vastly overrated too hey?

But what do I know? Beating Purdue, UNC, and Nova is more impressive than beating Tennessee, Michigan State, and Marquette.

Thanks for the laughs as always Lenny. The entertainment from you never fails.

Sorry for calling you hopeless but the way you distort what others say just to try to win an argument is frustrating. The polls said Xavier was somewhere between the 4th and 7th best team in the country from January until March. Sagerin and Pomeroy had them in the teens (15th before the Big East and NCAA tournaments). The polls are to basketball what batting average and rbis are to baseball. Sagerin and Pomeroy are WAR, FIP and any number of other advanced stats. Want to insist Xavier was better than Duke last year or that there are better players than Trout out there? Fine. Knowledgeable basketball or baseball fans will laugh, but by all means, fine.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2018, 11:34:43 PM »
Sorry for calling you hopeless but the way you distort what others say just to try to win an argument is frustrating. The polls said Xavier was somewhere between the 4th and 7th best team in the country from January until March. Sagerin and Pomeroy had them in the teens (15th before the Big East and NCAA tournaments). The polls are to basketball what batting average and rbis are to baseball. Sagerin and Pomeroy are WAR, FIP and any number of other advanced stats. Want to insist Xavier was better than Duke last year or that there are better players than Trout out there? Fine. Knowledgeable basketball or baseball fans will laugh, but by all means, fine.

Last January you literally said Xavier was overrated when they were ranked 6 in the polls and offered a bet that they would not be ranked 7 in the polls to end the season. When they finished the season in the top 4 of the polls and as a 1 seed you changed your argument to “kenpom and other sites say Xavier is 15 and losing in the 2nd round proves I was right all along.”

You were right...when you shifted the goalposts. You can deny it. But you’re lying.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2018, 11:55:42 PM »
Come on guys......they are both worthy......Michigan has won more impressively overall but Kansas has played a more difficult schedule and is still undefeated......KU could have lost a few.....Michigan really could have only lost 1 but wasn't impressive against Northwestern or South Carolina.

Sometimes I think we argue for the sake or arguing......but please...not 2 of my favorite posters!

Ps I just had gallbladder surgery.....please let it go for my sake...... ;D

Pps this is what happens when we win 5 in a row and then get 10 days off......we go nuts.

Did you have the gb removed?  Mine was yanked out on a business trip 15 years ago.  Monitor the diet, especially any foods that are fried or acidic...things won’t quite be the same.  Good luck
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Class71

• All American
« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2018, 05:30:10 AM »
Can you imagine if we got a 5* like Quinerly and then Wojo didn't play him? Especially if we lost a couple of games we were supposed to win? Yikes! Scoopageddon!

Just think if we could recruit like Coach Cal. Apples and oranges. We are progressing well let's focus on that.

⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2018, 07:45:37 AM »
The point is that based on body of work, Kansas now is overrated in similar fashion to 2017-18 Xavier. Both won the games (so far) they had to win, but in doing so showed how vulnerable they were.

I get Kansas and Xavier being highly ranked, but I also get why those rankings were suspect when you dig into the numbers. If one strictly wants to justify Kansas on the W-L record and preseason expectations, I suppose that's one perspective to take. It's just a really hard argument to make that the fashion in which Kansas escaped home games against marginal opponents like Stanford & New Mexico State isn't a massive blaring klaxon.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2018, 09:39:01 AM »
I think Kansas has underachieved so far and will progress towards the mean as the season goes on.

I think Michigan has overachieved so far and will regress towards the mean as the season goes on.

I could absolutely be wrong but I wouldn't blame anyone that had that opinion (or the opposite one) at this point.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2018, 09:44:25 AM »
The point is that based on body of work, Kansas now is overrated in similar fashion to 2017-18 Xavier. Both won the games (so far) they had to win, but in doing so showed how vulnerable they were.

I get Kansas and Xavier being highly ranked, but I also get why those rankings were suspect when you dig into the numbers. If one strictly wants to justify Kansas on the W-L record and preseason expectations, I suppose that's one perspective to take. It's just a really hard argument to make that the fashion in which Kansas escaped home games against marginal opponents like Stanford & New Mexico State isn't a massive blaring klaxon.

Yes. If you ignore their neutral court wins over top 3 Tennessee, top 10 Michigan State, and top 25 Marquette the absolutely their resume is not that of the top team in the country. I have no idea why in the world you would do that, but you are so sure I see you’re point now.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2018, 06:34:04 PM »
Did you have the gb removed?  Mine was yanked out on a business trip 15 years ago.  Monitor the diet, especially any foods that are fried or acidic...things won’t quite be the same.  Good luck

I did have it removed. Thanks

Slick

• Walk-On
« Reply #83 on: December 15, 2018, 02:25:51 PM »
Grimes today vs. Nova-14 Minutes;1 Pt; 3 TO; 3 Fouls.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2019, 08:30:02 PM »
Looks like Grimes is going pro. Can we get Bid Daddy's explanation now?

https://twitter.com/qdotgrimes/status/1116093166439084032
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2019, 08:34:58 PM »
This kid probably will not  be drafted, way over rated, needs 2 more years in college. Hope he likes the G league

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2019, 08:37:19 PM »
Looks like Grimes is going pro. Can we get Bid Daddy's explanation now?

https://twitter.com/qdotgrimes/status/1116093166439084032

Unfortunately, I think that the Big Daddy train is gone  :'(
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2019, 08:38:14 PM »
Good luck to him.  Marquette may have dodged a bullet there.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2019, 09:05:21 PM »
Might be perfect for him to test the draft process. He had some good games later in the season. Scored 18 points with 7 rebounds, 4 assists and 4 steals in their Big 12 conference tournament win over West Virginia. Kid has a ton of potential. If he doesn't like what he hears, he can always come back. (Unless he's signed with an agent, of course.)
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2019, 09:13:17 PM »
Unfortunately, I think that the Big Daddy train is gone  :'(

Yep, its been a long, long,  time.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2019, 09:13:23 PM »
Might be perfect for him to test the draft process. He had some good games later in the season. Scored 18 points with 7 rebounds, 4 assists and 4 steals in their Big 12 conference tournament win over West Virginia. Kid has a ton of potential. If he doesn't like what he hears, he can always come back. (Unless he's signed with an agent, of course.)
He can sign with an agent under the new rules...

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2019, 10:24:21 PM »

I would’ve loved another guard with size and athleticism on this year’s team.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2019, 06:44:27 AM »
I would have, too.  And he would have been better than Chartouny.   But he did not come close to meeting expectations at Kansas.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2019, 06:53:51 AM »
I would have, too.  And he would have been better than Chartouny.   But he did not come close to meeting expectations at Kansas.

Agree with this. I suspect Grimes also wouldn't have lived up to fan expectations here, but he would've provided more than we got from JC.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #94 on: April 11, 2019, 11:11:51 AM »

Ummm, no. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

GoldenEagle323

• Team Captain
« Reply #95 on: April 11, 2019, 06:59:13 PM »
Good luck to him, but man he should stay another year, guard class is down next year

MU82

• All American
« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2019, 09:51:58 PM »
I'm not sure I'd say we "dodged a bullet," but I am not convinced we would have won even one more game if Grimes had taken Sacar's minutes. Indeed, IMHO we might have lost another game or two.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2019, 10:30:18 PM »
I'm not sure I'd say we "dodged a bullet," but I am not convinced we would have won even one more game if Grimes had taken Sacar's minutes. Indeed, IMHO we might have lost another game or two.

Impossible to prove, but I think adding Grimes to the roster could have netted us 2-3 more wins
TAMU

MU82

• All American
« Reply #98 on: April 12, 2019, 10:38:46 PM »
Impossible to prove, but I think adding Grimes to the roster could have netted us 2-3 more wins

Exactly. Impossible to prove.

Against Nova, when the Hausers were MIA, Sacar was the only player other than Markus to do anything on offense. Without him, that's a loss IMHO. Impossible to say which others would have been losses (or wins with Grimes).

All I'm saying is that I'm not gonna do a "what might have been" lament involving a kid who was mostly mediocre. Hell, I kid about Herro sometimes, but at least he was a real impact player.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #99 on: April 12, 2019, 11:27:16 PM »
I don't think Grimes would have impacted Sacar's minutes that much.

I also think he was much better than mediocre. Mediocre players don't play 27 minutes a game as true freshmen for Kansas.
TAMU