[April 26, 2024, 10:47:48 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFL 2018-19 2.0  (Read 132004 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: NFL 2018-19 2.0
« Reply #925 on: February 16, 2019, 05:12:03 PM »
High School football......you all might find this rather moving...I sure did.  Football will be fine.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=25989428

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #927 on: February 22, 2019, 11:22:45 AM »
https://deadspin.com/patriots-owner-bob-kraft-charged-with-soliciting-prosti-1832807440

https://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/crime/indian-river-county/2019/02/21/human-trafficking-florida-massage-parlors-vero-beach-sebastian/2920354002/

A six-month investigation revealed human traffickers were luring vulnerable girls to massage parlors in Indian River County, where they were coerced into working as prostitutes, police announced Thursday. 

Ten spas from the Orlando area through the Treasure Coast into Palm Beach County were shut down Tuesday as law enforcement began making arrests.

"These girls are there all day long, into the evening. They can't leave and they're performing sex acts," Currey said. "Some of them may tell us they're OK, but they're not. We know that… even though we may have charges on some of them, we'd rather them be victims."

————-

If this is accurate (minding we live in the fake news era), he will not be the owner when training camp starts.

His son will be the owner and old man kraft will be banned from attending games and stepping foot in NFL facilities. 

This will be the elephant in the room when the patriots have their ring ceremony this fall.
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #928 on: February 22, 2019, 11:25:48 AM »
WELL I'LL BE DAMNED. THIS IS THE KIND OF MAN THAT MR. KRAFT IS?? I HAD NO IDEA.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #929 on: February 22, 2019, 11:51:48 AM »
https://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/crime/indian-river-county/2019/02/21/human-trafficking-florida-massage-parlors-vero-beach-sebastian/2920354002/

A six-month investigation revealed human traffickers were luring vulnerable girls to massage parlors in Indian River County, where they were coerced into working as prostitutes, police announced Thursday. 

Ten spas from the Orlando area through the Treasure Coast into Palm Beach County were shut down Tuesday as law enforcement began making arrests.

"These girls are there all day long, into the evening. They can't leave and they're performing sex acts," Currey said. "Some of them may tell us they're OK, but they're not. We know that… even though we may have charges on some of them, we'd rather them be victims."

————-

If this is accurate (minding we live in the fake news era), he will not be the owner when training camp starts.

His son will be the owner and old man kraft will be banned from attending games and stepping foot in NFL facilities. 

This will be the elephant in the room when the patriots have their ring ceremony this fall.

Are you saying he will voluntarily step down? Or his family will want him to step down? Or the organization will ask him to step down? Or the NFL will ask him?

Because, even if true, I think none of the above happen and he's still the owner next season.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #930 on: February 22, 2019, 01:01:56 PM »
Are you saying he will voluntarily step down? Or his family will want him to step down? Or the organization will ask him to step down? Or the NFL will ask him?

Because, even if true, I think none of the above happen and he's still the owner next season.

He will still own the team, but I definitely think his son Jonathan becomes CEO and becomes the public face of ownership. Bob will become Chairman of the Board or have some other like title.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #931 on: February 22, 2019, 01:05:25 PM »
Hot rumor is that Kraft isn't the biggest name that got nailed in this (pun intended). *Reckless Speculation* - Gotta be Tiger, right?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #932 on: February 22, 2019, 01:08:08 PM »
Hot rumor is that Kraft isn't the biggest name that got nailed in this (pun intended). *Reckless Speculation* - Gotta be Tiger, right?

Mar-A-Lago area...connections to Robert Kraft...it couldn't be...could it...?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 01:32:10 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #933 on: February 22, 2019, 01:09:08 PM »

My first thought, too.

Only other thing i can come up with is a big name politician since the "spa" is omly a half hour drive from Mar-a-Lago

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #934 on: February 22, 2019, 01:09:49 PM »
Key Largo area...connections to Robert Kraft...it couldn't be...could it...?

Do we have a mind meld here, Wades?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #935 on: February 22, 2019, 01:11:20 PM »
Do we have a mind meld here, Wades?

Yeah I chose the wrong "Lago" originally.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #936 on: February 22, 2019, 01:14:01 PM »

It's interesting that Kraft's name would be on the list, but someone else's name is withheld.  I mean, Kraft is a pretty freaking big name.

So, sports, politics or entertainment?
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #937 on: February 22, 2019, 01:16:14 PM »
It's interesting that Kraft's name would be on the list, but someone else's name is withheld.  I mean, Kraft is a pretty freaking big name.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. I thought maybe Tiger based on his past, the location, and maybe they didn't announce his name because he's out of the country. I have no idea.

I thought the Prez was low hanging fruit to be connected here (who the hell knows, maybe?) but I didn't want to get this thread locked. But yeah, it certainly occurred to me it could be him too. Although if this was in the last two years, it seems difficult that he'd be able to get to one of these places as prez (?).

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #938 on: February 22, 2019, 01:18:33 PM »
WELL I'LL BE DAMNED. THIS IS THE KIND OF MAN THAT MR. KRAFT IS?? I HAD NO IDEA.

Yup. These old white guys scream about sex trafficking at the southern border while at the same time, they "meet up" with girls who speak no English, clearly are not here legally, and are forced to live in subhuman conditions.

Classy!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 01:30:32 PM by Jockey »

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #939 on: February 22, 2019, 01:24:00 PM »
Someone posted on Yelp a review of the massage parlor under the name "Tom B", I can't find it to post here, but saw it on Twitter, and it was hilarious.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #940 on: February 22, 2019, 01:28:33 PM »
Mar-A-Largo area...connections to Robert Kraft...it couldn't be...could it...?

Jerry Jones. God willing

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #941 on: February 22, 2019, 01:30:04 PM »

I'm not so sure.
Marge Schott and Donald Sterling were forced out merely for what they said (horrible, racist things, but still, just words).
Jerry Richardson was forced out for being a lecherous old man, but not a criminal.
If Bob Kraft is legitimately tied to human trafficking, even as just a consumer, I don't see how he remains the face of an NFL franchise. He may still own the team technically, he'll be very much relegated to the background.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #942 on: February 22, 2019, 01:39:29 PM »
I'm not so sure.
Marge Schott and Donald Sterling were forced out merely for what they said (horrible, racist things, but still, just words).
Jerry Richardson was forced out for being a lecherous old man, but not a criminal.
If Bob Kraft is legitimately tied to human trafficking, even as just a consumer, I don't see how he remains the face of an NFL franchise. He may still own the team technically, he'll be very much relegated to the background.

So a Joe Ricketts role

LON

• All American
« Reply #943 on: February 22, 2019, 02:33:51 PM »
So a Joe Ricketts role

Until his emails leak.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #944 on: February 22, 2019, 03:52:43 PM »
7 rings

6 super bowls
1 prostitution

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #945 on: February 22, 2019, 04:17:29 PM »
7 rings

6 super bowls
1 prostitution

there's a deflategate joke in here somewhere. Already saw "Tugrule" on twitter.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #946 on: February 22, 2019, 04:35:45 PM »
there's a deflategate joke in here somewhere. Already saw "Tugrule" on twitter.

And, given that law enforcement has said that nobody is being cited that doesn't appear in surveillance video that includes the illegal act, there's a "spygate" joke in there too.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #947 on: February 22, 2019, 06:37:23 PM »
Yup. These old white guys scream about sex trafficking at the southern border while at the same time, they "meet up" with girls who speak no English, clearly are not here legally, and are forced to live in subhuman conditions.

Classy!

I think most of the screaming is about the rapes going on, this is a bit different....no?  Both are wrong, one is WAY WAY WAY more wrong. 

And now R. Kelly charged with 4 counts today, including minors.  Some messed up people
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 06:59:05 PM by Cheeks »
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #948 on: February 22, 2019, 06:38:43 PM »
I'm not so sure.

He won't remain, if found guilty.  He's the head of the TV committee and there are some HUGE TV decisions being made right now which adds to a lot of interesting drama at this point.  His son is the head of the digital committee, also with big pending decisions coming.   Interesting times.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #949 on: February 22, 2019, 07:01:04 PM »
I think most of the screaming is about the rapes going on, this is a bit different....no?  Both are wrong, one is WAY WAY WAY more wrong. 

And now R. Kelly charged with 4 counts today, including minors.  Some messed up people

Are you really trying to qualify a "which one of these is worse" between rape and slavery?

feedback