[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

NC State by MUMountin
[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Fiserv Forum Thoughts  (Read 52029 times)

dgies9156

• All American
Re: Fiserv Forum Thoughts
« Reply #125 on: November 08, 2018, 08:09:44 AM »
I went Tuesday and thought the new arena was nice. Much better than listening to talking heads talk about something they really don't understand.

General thoughts were:

1) Place had the intimacy of the old arena on the lower bowl. I was in 103, a corner section, and I felt close to the action and in the middle of things. The intimacy to the game was something missing from the Bradley Center.

2) The place looked good. Only question is how well all that white will age in five years.

3) There were too many distractions. A seatmate of mine on a flight home not long ago oversaw the development of the Amway Center in Orlando. The Computing Castle followed the Orlando (and other) formulas to a "t". The night clubs, alternative entertainment, TVs everywhere and dining options are part of the "experience" that keeps even on-fans coming. I'm a purist who wants to watch the game. Ms. Dgies now may find something else to do.

4) The local restaurants on 3rd Street  (and elsewhere)) have nothing to fear from the Computing Castle. The prices in that place are, well, outrageous.

Warrior3211

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #126 on: November 08, 2018, 08:11:29 AM »
Has anyone ever thought that the intro vid song is more about what the players want than the fans?  It's about getting them going before the game as much as it is us and if that song does it.... great!

If our guys go out there fired up before a game we'll all follow along pretty quick.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #127 on: November 08, 2018, 09:10:02 AM »
Upper deck is way better in FiServ. The steeper seats are a bit odd, but a great advantage for those of us with a spouse who is vertically challenged. Plus, my 5-pack tix are on the aisle in a pretty nice center court/concession stand/bathroom concourse zone--way more accessible than in the BC.

One issue I have: it feels like the whole "one escalator" to the upper deck thing is a fire hazard. Also, no one actually walks up  them or at least lets people pass on the left, which offends my Loop-commuting sensibilities.

If you are able, the stairs are the way to go. Not pretty, but wide open.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #128 on: November 08, 2018, 09:22:30 AM »
If you are able, the stairs are the way to go. Not pretty, but wide open.

This.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #129 on: November 08, 2018, 09:52:10 AM »
Still think the FF overhead lighting in the stands is far too bright.   Also, keep getting that stupid spotlight in our eyes pre-game, commercials and half-time in 103.  Really irritating!  And, where is the popcorn?  These irritations and prices aside, FF is a very nice facility.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #130 on: November 08, 2018, 10:34:39 AM »
So when you scan, they give you a little paper stub?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #131 on: November 08, 2018, 10:45:37 AM »
All I see is, "Look at me, I have awesome seats that are too close to the court to tell whether I'm in the FiFo, BC, or Panther Arena!  Heck, the only upgrade I can tell is the guys on the bench in the row in front of me now obstruct my view instead of having a guy Dorris Burke thinks is a team manager as our starting point guard!"
Everyone's view is from their perspective. It is nice that the upper court seat have better views, but that has no effect on me.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #132 on: November 08, 2018, 10:57:48 AM »
Still think the FF overhead lighting in the stands is far too bright.   Also, keep getting that stupid spotlight in our eyes pre-game, commercials and half-time in 103.  Really irritating!  And, where is the popcorn?  These irritations and prices aside, FF is a very nice facility.

My seats are in section 216 and there was a place to buy popcorn near by. Don't remember what it was called.

4 bucks for a little box though so not a great value.....

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
« Reply #133 on: November 08, 2018, 11:14:46 AM »
My seats are in section 216 and there was a place to buy popcorn near by. Don't remember what it was called.

Since you were upstairs, how did you like it?  The BC was a little scary for me and not sure the FF is much better, a little scared of heights, sat in the third deck at the
Kohl Center first row, had to move up as I am afraid of falling over.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #134 on: November 08, 2018, 11:32:41 AM »
So when you scan, they give you a little paper stub?

I didn't.  The scanner was hard-mounted, not handheld... like the scanner TSA uses to check your boarding pass.  I have no clue how I was supposed to obtain my free shake from the Shack.

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #135 on: November 08, 2018, 11:36:59 AM »
Everything inside the bowl, super nice. I was underwhelmed with the concourses and concessions.

I do like the upper deck concourse the best.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #136 on: November 08, 2018, 11:51:01 AM »
Upper deck is way better in FiServ. The steeper seats are a bit odd, but a great advantage for those of us with a spouse who is vertically challenged. Plus, my 5-pack tix are on the aisle in a pretty nice center court/concession stand/bathroom concourse zone--way more accessible than in the BC.

One issue I have: it feels like the whole "one escalator" to the upper deck thing is a fire hazard. Also, no one actually walks up  them or at least lets people pass on the left, which offends my Loop-commuting sensibilities.
The upper deck chairbacks are bigger than the lower bowl seats. With it being steeper, you don't get a head in your way.

The thing Fiserv Forum does have many of are the Escalators. Also, one great way to leave is the stairways that are one the corners of the building.

If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #137 on: November 08, 2018, 11:52:30 AM »

Heard from Bucks staff that theater lighting (Knicks, Nets, Lakers) was suggested but the owners nixed it. Big miss if you ask me.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #138 on: November 08, 2018, 11:54:29 AM »
Since you were upstairs, how did you like it?  The BC was a little scary for me and not sure the FF is much better, a little scared of heights, sat in the third deck at the

The escalator is a bit unnerving in the main entrance. I would use the elevator or stairs. The Panorama club would be a spot for you to avoid.

Once on the second level and in the seats, as someone who isn’t thrilled with heights, there was no issue.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #139 on: November 08, 2018, 12:56:51 PM »

Sorry my mistake......I meant 116.

Love my seats...... 8-)

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #140 on: November 08, 2018, 03:56:40 PM »
Heard from Bucks staff that theater lighting (Knicks, Nets, Lakers) was suggested but the owners nixed it. Big miss if you ask me.

I agree---big missed opportunity.  I think the crowd is louder and much less distracted with the theater lighting.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #141 on: November 08, 2018, 03:57:20 PM »

The popcorn is at the Klement's sausage stand.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #142 on: November 08, 2018, 04:28:34 PM »
I didn't.  The scanner was hard-mounted, not handheld... like the scanner TSA uses to check your boarding pass.  I have no clue how I was supposed to obtain my free shake from the Shack.

Well crap. I’ve got six in my account & don’t know if I should send them all out or just scan to everyone.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #143 on: November 09, 2018, 12:14:29 AM »
I went Tuesday and thought the new arena was nice. Much better than listening to talking heads talk about something they really don't understand.

General thoughts were:

1) Place had the intimacy of the old arena on the lower bowl. I was in 103, a corner section, and I felt close to the action and in the middle of things. The intimacy to the game was something missing from the Bradley Center.

2) The place looked good. Only question is how well all that white will age in five years.

3) There were too many distractions. A seatmate of mine on a flight home not long ago oversaw the development of the Amway Center in Orlando. The Computing Castle followed the Orlando (and other) formulas to a "t". The night clubs, alternative entertainment, TVs everywhere and dining options are part of the "experience" that keeps even on-fans coming. I'm a purist who wants to watch the game. Ms. Dgies now may find something else to do.

4) The local restaurants on 3rd Street  (and elsewhere)) have nothing to fear from the Computing Castle. The prices in that place are, well, outrageous.

Agree with all of your points. The lower level puts you almost in the game, and it's going to be rocking for the big games, while the upper level is such an improvement from the BC, especially the non center-court seating. Very visually clean lines from almost anywhere. Yes, just a bit too many distractions...but the intros were big-time.

My Klements brat was not even warm, and half of my popcorn was burnt. The Sobelman's burger my friend purchased looked good, but I wish Kopps was the featured burger, a true Milwaukee staple. The concourse was inviting and  easy to navigate, but less spacious than the BMOHBC. Flip-side is that the smaller FF concourses have to be easier to light and climate-control. Bathroom sensors need tweaking. I get the focus on efficiency, but when 5 guys are waving their hands directly on the sensors and can't get water or dryers to work...
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

fjm

• All American
« Reply #144 on: November 09, 2018, 07:51:42 AM »
Well crap. I’ve got six in my account & don’t know if I should send them all out or just scan to everyone.

Send them. It’s easier.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #145 on: November 09, 2018, 10:03:05 AM »
I do like the upper deck concourse the best.

The upper deck concourse is nice. Shorter lines, it has that huge bar where you can just chill, and some cool food options. Same pizza as downstairs, but the Mac & Cheese with flavors inspired by other restaurants like Iron Grate & Laughing Taco, along with the next door grilled cheese stand looked good. Will probably try those on Saturday.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #146 on: November 09, 2018, 10:46:26 AM »
I agree---big missed opportunity.  I think the crowd is louder and much less distracted with the theater lighting.
Counterpoint, first thing I noticed was how much better the lighting was on the court.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #147 on: November 09, 2018, 10:48:46 AM »
The upper deck concourse is nice. Shorter lines, it has that huge bar where you can just chill, and some cool food options. Same pizza as downstairs, but the Mac & Cheese with flavors inspired by other restaurants like Iron Grate & Laughing Taco, along with the next door grilled cheese stand looked good. Will probably try those on Saturday.
It's help that the upper deck or gallery as the Bucks calls it, seats 6.000. I like the black floor and night club style lighting. The Jack Daniels Area behind the basket on the westside is a nice set up as well. I do like the theme of the Southside Market as well. Also, I like that banners are on the front and back, so you can read the banner while walking the concourse. Those Marquette banners pop with the color.
-Bill Walton

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #148 on: November 09, 2018, 10:50:23 AM »
Sorry my mistake......I meant 116.

Love my seats...... 8-)
Ha—that’s a huge difference!

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #149 on: November 09, 2018, 11:14:03 AM »
Counterpoint, first thing I noticed was how much better the lighting was on the court.

I always thought the BC looked fantastic on TV with the lighting.