Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Fiserv Forum Thoughts  (Read 52582 times)

Ardmore Mug

• All American
Re: Fiserv Forum Thoughts
« Reply #175 on: December 09, 2018, 08:03:01 AM »
We are in 103 and get those lights as well.  Irritating.

We sit in 119 and those rotating lights suck and so does those on the  bottom of the scoreboard.. As for those rotating lights into the crowd, why can't they just aim them straight down. IT will still get the same effect..

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #176 on: December 09, 2018, 08:08:55 AM »
I mentioned this after my first visit last week for the KSU game.  The arena is too bright for them to have any beneficial effect so their only purpose is to either blind patrons or make them pull a muscle in their necks when they instinctively jerk their heads away from the high intensity laser light that I'm pretty sure is the same laser used in machines that cut 1" thick steel plate

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #177 on: December 09, 2018, 10:51:37 AM »
Those bottlenecks were worse yesterday. As my friend said, this is the nicest building Wisconsin fans have ever been in, so of course they are going to muck everything up and stop and look around.

We went to the opening day months ago, will attend our first game in a few weeks and then two conference games.  Are part of the logjams because of the lack of familiarity with where to go?  People get into routines, they know where their bathroom is, where their beer vendor is.  That probably hasn't been locked in just yet, but will.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #178 on: December 12, 2018, 03:39:06 AM »
Fellow Scoopers, need your advice!

My family and I have a chance to go to the Southern game because our travel schedule unexpectedly drops us in Milwaukee that night.
Seems like the best tickets I can get online are section 120... near the back..  Are these OK seats? 
Most importantly, I'll be with parents who won't want to be in/near the Student section... can anyone confirm that 120 is not student section?
Even better, anyone know how to get 4 seats near the front?
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
« Reply #179 on: December 12, 2018, 03:54:28 AM »

My family and I have a chance to go to the Southern game because our travel schedule unexpectedly drops us in Milwaukee that night.
Seems like the best tickets I can get online are section 120... near the back..  Are these OK seats? 
Most importantly, I'll be with parents who won't want to be in/near the Student section... can anyone confirm that 120 is not student section?

Section 120 is not a student section (although it is right next to a student section), but students are on break for the Southern game, so I wouldn't expect a big student turnout anyway.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #180 on: December 12, 2018, 08:27:48 AM »

Also, these games tend to be sparsely attended. I am sure you will be able to move down or over some rows without any problem.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #181 on: December 12, 2018, 08:37:37 AM »

Those seats are great! Being back might even help if your parents have a hard time with steps.
https://gomarquette.com/documents/2018/10/8//MUBB_2018_19_SINGLE_GAME_PRICING.pdf?id=7803
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #182 on: December 18, 2018, 09:19:57 PM »
I would enjoy the Gruber t-shirt toss significantly more if Gruber himself were out there throwing them.

Just sayin.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #183 on: December 18, 2018, 09:40:33 PM »
I would enjoy the Gruber t-shirt toss significantly more if Gruber himself were out there throwing them.

Just sayin.

No one past the 3rd row would get a shirt, hey?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #184 on: December 18, 2018, 09:44:50 PM »
No one past the 3rd row would get a shirt, hey?

Former D1 athlete.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #185 on: December 19, 2018, 03:06:09 PM »
Former D1 athlete.

Cheerleaders don't count.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #186 on: December 19, 2018, 11:00:53 PM »
Cheerleaders don't count.

Career averages of 7 points and 2 boards a game at Delaware.  They call him the Ners of college basketball.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #187 on: October 24, 2019, 09:05:25 AM »
Does anyone know the name of the song they play right after the player intros but before the tip?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #188 on: October 24, 2019, 09:08:27 AM »
Does anyone know the name of the song they play right after the player intros but before the tip?

Thunderstruck?
Maigh Eo for Sam

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #189 on: October 24, 2019, 09:13:46 AM »
Since this thread was revived... here's some good news!

Upgraded point of sale systems to shorten lines, better cup holders for those in the folding seats, renovated concourse floor on the upper level aaaaannnnnddddd a redesign of the candy corner (which is almost never open for MU games)!

https://biztimes.com/bucks-say-fans-can-expect-shorter-lines-better-cupholders-at-fiserv-forum-this-season/

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #190 on: October 24, 2019, 09:14:04 AM »
Thunderstruck?

No its from a newer rap song that they just take the lyrics out of. Its just sound no words.

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #191 on: October 24, 2019, 09:14:56 AM »

Upgraded point of sale systems to shorten lines, better cup holders for those in the folding seats, renovated concourse floor on the upper level aaaaannnnnddddd a redesign of the candy corner (which is almost never open for MU games)!

https://biztimes.com/bucks-say-fans-can-expect-shorter-lines-better-cupholders-at-fiserv-forum-this-season/

There was an increase in beer prices though.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #192 on: October 24, 2019, 09:20:10 AM »
There was an increase in beer prices though.

Not sure if that's actually true or a joke... but either way, not for this guy!    8-)

Not to brag (yes I am), but since I got my masters less than 5 years ago, I technically count as a recent grad.  I down graded to the recent grad section to save some cash this year... which means [drum roll] free beer for the random near middle aged guy in the first row of the young folks section!  Wuhoo!

IN YOUR FACE to all you beer purchasers who actually have to spend money on beer!  HAHAHA! 

I win life.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #193 on: October 24, 2019, 09:21:54 AM »
No its from a newer rap song that they just take the lyrics out of. Its just sound no words.

I know someone mentioned they play a song called "run for your life" does it start out with a guitar?
Maigh Eo for Sam

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #194 on: October 24, 2019, 09:34:49 AM »

Hope the POS works better than the WiFi which was absolutely terrible, especially given the hype.  I don't expect a ton but when you say its going to be best in class, it should at least work. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #195 on: October 24, 2019, 09:49:17 AM »
Hope the POS works better than the WiFi which was absolutely terrible, especially given the hype.  I don't expect a ton but when you say its going to be best in class, it should at least work.

Never had a problem with it.  Could stream the Bucks game on the FSGo app during a home Marquette game.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #196 on: October 24, 2019, 09:54:58 AM »
I've had various success.  It seemed dependent on where in the arena you are and what's going on at the time.  For example, is it halftime or during play stoppage when a lot of people are using it?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #197 on: October 24, 2019, 09:58:30 AM »
Never had a problem with it.  Could stream the Bucks game on the FSGo app during a home Marquette game.

Likewise, I streamed a MU game during a Bucks game last year.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #198 on: October 24, 2019, 11:50:21 AM »
The WiFi was crap for me. I was getting kicked out of the WiFi. I just turned it off later in the year. My phone was fine.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 11:53:27 AM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #199 on: October 24, 2019, 12:00:21 PM »
I'm glad we're finally getting some cupholders that will hold a drink!  I can't believe that crappy thing that was supposed to be a cupholder ever got approved.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.