Big East 2024 Offseason by WeAreMarquette96
[April 17, 2024, 11:14:56 PM]

Academic All Americans by AlumKCof93
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:57 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by withoutbias
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:37 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WhiteTrash
[April 17, 2024, 07:24:33 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Plaque Lives Matter!
[April 17, 2024, 06:35:36 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by WhiteTrash
[April 17, 2024, 05:13:59 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Fiserv Forum Thoughts  (Read 52420 times)

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
Re: Fiserv Forum Thoughts
« Reply #100 on: November 07, 2018, 09:11:18 AM »
Where are they showing scores from other games? I looked around last night hoping for scores and didn't see any in the Fiserv.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 09:28:04 AM by Waldo Jeffers »

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #101 on: November 07, 2018, 09:17:25 AM »
That was me on the stairways. It's so easy!!

Marquette still can't get the starting lineup music correct. Very disappointing.

Agree on the stairs. Was from seat to outside in about 15 seconds. Stairwell was completely empty.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #102 on: November 07, 2018, 09:18:51 AM »
Where are they showing scores from other games? I looked around last night hoping for score and didn't see any in the Fiserv.

No scores from other games, no shooting stats. Really wasting those corner boards.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #103 on: November 07, 2018, 09:21:34 AM »
Agree on the stairs. Was from seat to outside in about 15 seconds. Stairwell was completely empty.

I leave out of the southeast corner stairwell. They are so easy!

Everyone went out the main doors and back tracked outside to the west and went past my wife and I. I felt like yelling out in the old movie (Train, Planes & Automobiles) your going the wrong way! 
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #104 on: November 07, 2018, 09:28:27 AM »
Overall very happy with the new arena.  As with anything, we can always find gripes.  Here are mine:

I completely agree with those saying they need to bring back the shooting stats in the corner scoreboards.   

The upper level center court sections are very breezy with the HVAC systems blowing cool air down on you the whole game.  Not t-shirt weather up there! 

Sad the t-shirt parachutes no longer have a chance to land in the upper level anymore.   

Definitely use the stairs to get out!

fjm

• All American
« Reply #105 on: November 07, 2018, 09:32:59 AM »
Overall very happy with the new arena.  As with anything, we can always find gripes.  Here are mine:

I completely agree with those saying they need to bring back the shooting stats in the corner scoreboards.   

The upper level center court sections are very breezy with the HVAC systems blowing cool air down on you the whole game.  Not t-shirt weather up there! 

Sad the t-shirt parachutes no longer have a chance to land in the upper level anymore.   

Ok. So definitely not just me on the breeze. Second row upper deck felt like I was outside watching the game. Had my coat on the whole game with a constant cold breeze. It was brutal!

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #106 on: November 07, 2018, 09:35:56 AM »
I got in a little late and with the curtains, it was very tough to see the section numbers.

This is the first time I sat in my seats for an extended time, and also with it being a regular season MU game, I definitely felt much closer to the action in the upper bowl.

Also, the stairs are great. Even for going from one level to the next. Not really sure why they are marked about the same as a utility closet.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #107 on: November 07, 2018, 09:45:23 AM »

We are experiencing abnormal temps as its 15-20 degrees colder then normal.  I am sure the HVAC will not be blowing cold air down the entire year. 

I love the options for concessions but disappointed that I am going to have to hunt down certain options that should be everywhere like popcorn, hotdogs, soft serve ice cream and nachos.  Those should just be everywhere you turn.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #108 on: November 07, 2018, 09:57:45 AM »
We are experiencing abnormal temps as its 15-20 degrees colder then normal.  I am sure the HVAC will not be blowing cold air down the entire year. 

I don't believe the outside weather is a factor.  They have HVAC techs at every game/event who walk around taking temps and making sure everything is working ok.  I know they spec it to have game temps of 68-72 degrees and it has been within tolerance to their readings... but man, with that breeze blowing, it felt much much cooler.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #109 on: November 07, 2018, 10:19:51 AM »
Overall, a great experience, and a great atmosphere.  A definite upgrade over the BC, of course, but even a bit more than I expected it to be. After the open house, I thought it wouldn't be a big deal.  Maybe a little better view  After the first game, I liked it.  More intimate, a lot better views. 

I liked the openness of the bar/food areas on the north side (I think that is the north side?), even though you can't truly see the game action, it feels like you are still apart of the arena and action.  Little things like that and the radio feed up there and in the bathroom, make for that much more of a game day atmosphere.  At the BC once you left the bowl area, you were cut off and only knew that something big happened because of a big cheer or grown by the crowd.

Like the students on both ends of the court.  I think it may even get more to attend since they won't be stuck in the upper deck.  Seems to make for a better atmosphere, and they should get more crazy at big games since they can see and feed off each other, etc.

The sound level is something else.  I'm older, so I know my hearing isn't great, so I should be thankful for the louder sound.  But man, if it isn't too loud.  However, I do appreciate that the sound was very clear and understandable.  Very clear.  Nice to actually understand what the is said on the scoreboard videos, etc, but because it is so clear they could turn it down a bit.

With the HVAC issues (design defect?) and sound levels, maybe the season ticket holder gifts next year should be scarfs and ear plugs  ;)

I didn't' try the concessions nor bathrooms at half time?  Any improvement over the BC as far as being able to get it done and back your seat? Or still long slow lines? 

source?

• All American
« Reply #110 on: November 07, 2018, 05:59:05 PM »
The new arena is great. The overall game-feel was much better than the BC. We tried the freshfin and grilled cheese spots in the upper concourse. Sadly, both were pretty underwhelming. Freshfin has a very limited menu (which is understandable) and would not allow my wife to make any substitutions even for an up-charge. At the grilled cheese place I tried the BBQ pork one and it had literally two pieces of pork. Otherwise it was an overall awesome experience.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #111 on: November 07, 2018, 08:14:36 PM »
Before the game started my wife and I were constantly being hit directly in the eye by the moving spot lights. It was very irritating.

Better for the people upstairs, but moving the player scoring statistics to the top of the jumble tron made it harder for me to see them during the game.

I could do without the fire show. You could feel the heat generated by it at our seats. However, it might be nice, if below zero outside.

It was hard to understand the lady doing the non game stuff. I asked my wife if she could understand her and she said no. It may be because of where we were sitting.

I also looked for other team scores and could not find them.

I liked that they list rebounds and assists with the player stats.

Not sure, but I thought the lower bowl seats did not rise as fast as in the old arena. However, it just may be that the person sitting in front of me was tall enough to be in my view.

I am not sure if they have enough men's rooms. The lines could be very long at higher attended games.

Cup holders are nice to have.

We no longer get into the into the Marquette Club or whatever it is called. They raise the donation level to $4,000 and with donations no longer being deductible, the cost increase is actually greater. Even if they were deductible, we will no longer be itemizing. I can pay for parking and food at games and still pay less than it would of cost me to get into Marquette Club. However, I will miss the free cookies. Given the way reseating went this year, I saw no value in getting additional points for next years reseating from making the additional donation to get into Marquette Club.

I am not sure about game experience as the game itself lacked excitement. My biggest complaint about the old arena was that it did not magnify the crowd noise, I will have to wait for an exciting game to see if the game experience has actually improved.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #112 on: November 07, 2018, 08:32:38 PM »
^^^ thanks, bilsu. I'm really jacked up to see the new arena and the game Saturday after reading that!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #113 on: November 07, 2018, 08:42:44 PM »
Weird, I thought the bathrooms were fine. No lines with a nice sized crowd at the game on Tuesday. I was actually surprise how nice looking and open the bathrooms are. I love the shelf to place your drink to pee!

As for the out of town scoreboard in I believe in what is being said, it was slow at the Bradley Center. Mostly everyone has a smart phone. With a scoreline app anyways. The side led board is very big and clear to read on the sides of the Forum.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 08:47:21 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #114 on: November 07, 2018, 08:49:01 PM »
^^^ thanks, bilsu. I'm really jacked up to see the new arena and the game Saturday after reading that!

You'll love it........trust me.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #115 on: November 07, 2018, 08:51:00 PM »
Everything inside the bowl, super nice. I was underwhelmed with the concourses and concessions.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #116 on: November 07, 2018, 08:52:31 PM »
I was there for a concert in the weeks preceding and had the same thought re Men's rooms. Legitimate lines out the door and bad space utilization where they could have had more stalls.

This being said, if where I pee is my biggest complaint, we're probably ok.

I will say the drink prices are disappointing, but that might be from a season of enjoying Miller Parks more fan friendly prices.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #117 on: November 07, 2018, 08:53:16 PM »

bilsu complains so much about attending these games, I have no idea why he bothers.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #118 on: November 07, 2018, 09:03:18 PM »
Weird, I thought the bathrooms were fine. No lines with a nice sized crowd at the game on Tuesday. I was actually surprise how nice looking and open the bathrooms are. I love the shelf to place your drink to pee!

As for the out of town scoreboard in I believe in what is being said, it was slow at the Bradley Center. Mostly everyone has a smart phone. With a scoreline app anyways. The side led board is very big and clear to read on the sides of the Forum.
……………...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 09:54:23 AM by Nukem2 »

fjm

• All American
« Reply #119 on: November 07, 2018, 09:26:21 PM »

Haha. Ya he was a real downer on the whole thing. Sheesh.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #120 on: November 07, 2018, 09:42:19 PM »
? This is not how heating and cooling works.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #121 on: November 07, 2018, 10:44:00 PM »
Cash is still King in BrewCity's world.   :D

But apparently not in MU's. I recently cut up my credit card, and my bank card was mistakenly left at home in a spare wallet.  You can imagine my consternation when my attempt at purchasing a UMBC walk-up ticket was met with, "WE DON'T TAKE CASH".  I initially  thought it was either a FF or Bucks issue, but the agent told me that the NO CASH policy is only in effect for MU games. I literally was told there was no way I could get into the game without paying by phone app, credit or debit bank card. Fortunately an MU Athletics rep heard my cries and stepped in, and I actually got into the game with a comped ticket. I literally tried to hand him cash as a donation and he told me there was no process set up to do so.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #122 on: November 07, 2018, 11:18:09 PM »
Before the game started my wife and I were constantly being hit directly in the eye by the moving spot lights. It was very irritating.

Better for the people upstairs, but moving the player scoring statistics to the top of the jumble tron made it harder for me to see them during the game.

I could do without the fire show. You could feel the heat generated by it at our seats. However, it might be nice, if below zero outside.

It was hard to understand the lady doing the non game stuff. I asked my wife if she could understand her and she said no. It may be because of where we were sitting.

I also looked for other team scores and could not find them.

I liked that they list rebounds and assists with the player stats.

Not sure, but I thought the lower bowl seats did not rise as fast as in the old arena. However, it just may be that the person sitting in front of me was tall enough to be in my view.

I am not sure if they have enough men's rooms. The lines could be very long at higher attended games.

Cup holders are nice to have.

We no longer get into the into the Marquette Club or whatever it is called. They raise the donation level to $4,000 and with donations no longer being deductible, the cost increase is actually greater. Even if they were deductible, we will no longer be itemizing. I can pay for parking and food at games and still pay less than it would of cost me to get into Marquette Club. However, I will miss the free cookies. Given the way reseating went this year, I saw no value in getting additional points for next years reseating from making the additional donation to get into Marquette Club.

I am not sure about game experience as the game itself lacked excitement. My biggest complaint about the old arena was that it did not magnify the crowd noise, I will have to wait for an exciting game to see if the game experience has actually improved.

All I see is, "Look at me, I have awesome seats that are too close to the court to tell whether I'm in the FiFo, BC, or Panther Arena!  Heck, the only upgrade I can tell is the guys on the bench in the row in front of me now obstruct my view instead of having a guy Dorris Burke thinks is a team manager as our starting point guard!"
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #123 on: November 07, 2018, 11:43:50 PM »
Upper deck is way better in FiServ. The steeper seats are a bit odd, but a great advantage for those of us with a spouse who is vertically challenged. Plus, my 5-pack tix are on the aisle in a pretty nice center court/concession stand/bathroom concourse zone--way more accessible than in the BC.

One issue I have: it feels like the whole "one escalator" to the upper deck thing is a fire hazard. Also, no one actually walks up  them or at least lets people pass on the left, which offends my Loop-commuting sensibilities.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #124 on: November 08, 2018, 07:01:41 AM »
Upper deck is way better in FiServ. The steeper seats are a bit odd, but a great advantage for those of us with a spouse who is vertically challenged. Plus, my 5-pack tix are on the aisle in a pretty nice center court/concession stand/bathroom concourse zone--way more accessible than in the BC.

One issue I have: it feels like the whole "one escalator" to the upper deck thing is a fire hazard. Also, no one actually walks up  them or at least lets people pass on the left, which offends my Loop-commuting sensibilities.

Too narrow and too long an escalator run for that.  Plus it's not one minute until your train leaves.