[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:46:35 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by WhiteTrash
[Today at 03:15:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Fiserv Forum Thoughts  (Read 52457 times)

skianth16

• All American
Re: Fiserv Forum Thoughts
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2018, 10:49:17 AM »
Only comment is I wish there were a few more beer choices (Coors Light Miller Light Hopsomething didn't do it for me) at the food stands.  Waiting in two lines for a busy game will be painful.

There Leinie's stands and a few Drink Disconsinbly stands that have a better variety of beers. At $11 or $12 a pop, it's worth finding something you actually like instead of just a basic Miller Lite.

PBRme

• All American
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2018, 10:58:53 AM »
There Leinie's stands and a few Drink Disconsinbly stands that have a better variety of beers. At $11 or $12 a pop, it's worth finding something you actually like instead of just a basic Miller Lite.

Agree, trying to avoid the two line dilemma food and drink
Peace, Love, and Rye Whiskey...May your life and your glass always be full

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2018, 11:04:08 AM »
OCD complaint here:  There are 7 small banners (retired numbers), 4 large banners (77, 70, F4, CONF), and 5 small banners (retired numbers & MU).

Why not go 6 small, 4 large, 6 small?  WHY?!?!?!?!  WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2018, 11:07:04 AM »
Maybe they're expecting to retire another number or two sometime in the near future? I did like how the banners showcased the different player jerseys. Nice touch.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2018, 11:25:25 AM »
Maybe they're expecting to retire another number or two sometime in the near future?

That's a good call.  Need two if they keep the MU banner and three if they remove it. 

I'd go:
1) Lazar (2nd all time points, 5th all time rebounds, 10th all time steals, 7th all time wins)
2) Jerel (1st all time points, 1st all time steals, 7th all time assists, 9th all time wins)
and not really sure on a third.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2018, 11:31:51 AM »
That's a good call.  Need two if they keep the MU banner and three if they remove it. 

I'd go:
1) Lazar (2nd all time points, 5th all time rebounds, 10th all time steals, 7th all time wins)
2) Jerel (1st all time points, 1st all time steals, 7th all time assists, 9th all time wins)
and not really sure on a third.

Depends if they want to hang a new banner or simply double up the 2019 with the 1977.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2018, 11:37:53 AM »
Depends if they want to hang a new banner or simply double up the 2019 with the 1977.

Even better plan!

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2018, 11:38:26 AM »
Random thoughts:

3) Please turn off the mic near the student section. The girl who is yelling “ooooon you” after a foul sounds like nails on a chalkboard. Also at some point the wrong word is going to be yelled.

I'm not sure if this was a mic or if this was coming from the DJ's soundboard. The noise was so consistent that it seemed like it was coming from the DJ. There was also some clapping that was coming over the speakers after made baskets that seemed like it was from a soundboard. Whether it was a hot mic picking up crowd noise or it was coming from the DJ, it was annoying either way. I hope it's not going to be a regular occurrence this year.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2018, 11:40:33 AM »
Very much looking forward to going to the Jan. 20 Providence game with a total of 13 family and friends from NC, Seattle, Chicago, Detroit and Milwaukee.

But there is a 0.00% chance that I will pay $11 or $12 for a pint of mediocre (or worse) beer. I will be happy to wait a couple hours to quaff a malt beverage at an establishment outside the arena. It's not a matter of "afford," it's a matter of principle. Many arenas/teams actually are lowering the price of beer. $12 for a Leinie? Really? Hard pass!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2018, 11:43:39 AM »
Very much looking forward to going to the Jan. 20 Providence game with a total of 13 family and friends from NC, Seattle, Chicago, Detroit and Milwaukee.

But there is a 0.00% chance that I will pay $11 or $12 for a pint of mediocre (or worse) beer. I will be happy to wait a couple hours to quaff a malt beverage at an establishment outside the arena. It's not a matter of "afford," it's a matter of principle. Many arenas/teams actually are lowering the price of beer. $12 for a Leinie? Really? Hard pass!

Hard Pass IPA won't be on tap at the FiFo anytime soon seeing as how Benny's Brewery is not licensed to distribute in Wisconsin.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

TheREALwrk

• Team Captain
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2018, 11:54:37 AM »

I'm sure your principles will be rewarded handsomely

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2018, 12:18:59 PM »

I paid $10 for a 16oz can beer last night. It is what it is.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2018, 12:50:20 PM »

In any given one of those locations you mentioned (or saw), were the fountains in pairs (i.e. one regular height & one ADA height) or was there a single ADA fountain?   IOW, were there 18 total fountains in 9 locations or 9 total?

In honesty, I can't recall if there were pairs definitively.  I think they were just singles, likely at a low height.

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2018, 01:07:16 PM »
If they retire another jersey it better be Chones on the top of the list.It is already embarrassing that it has not happened yet.He was a Consensus All American.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2018, 01:35:41 PM »
In honesty, I can't recall if there were pairs definitively.  I think they were just singles, likely at a low height.

Well, I'll put this out for the public domain just in case.  (Unfortunately, I have an IL address, and we all know what we think of FIBS).

Just fill in the first section, print, sign, date and send 'er in.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2018, 01:44:18 PM »
If they retire another jersey it better be Chones on the top of the list.It is already embarrassing that it has not happened yet.He was a Consensus All American.
Yep.  And, he ultimately did get his MU degree.  Yes he left early that year, but most of that had to do with Al’s urging.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2018, 01:54:21 PM »
Hard Pass IPA won't be on tap at the FiFo anytime soon seeing as how Benny's Brewery is not licensed to distribute in Wisconsin.

It's not quite as good as the Five Years To Judge Lager anyways.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2018, 01:55:26 PM »
I'm not sure if this was a mic or if this was coming from the DJ's soundboard. The noise was so consistent that it seemed like it was coming from the DJ. There was also some clapping that was coming over the speakers after made baskets that seemed like it was from a soundboard. Whether it was a hot mic picking up crowd noise or it was coming from the DJ, it was annoying either way. I hope it's not going to be a regular occurrence this year.

Yeah initially I thought it was a hot mic too, but by the second half I was starting to think it was intentional. It's not great. At one point I said something like "I guess it's the preseason for the soundboard folks too..." so maybe they're kicking the tires on a few things and not all of them will survive.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2018, 02:04:46 PM »
It's not quite as good as the Five Years To Judge Lager anyways.

Ooohhhh... that'd be a great name for a sour.

Five Years to Judge Lambictm Order Now, Ships Winter 2023.
Hard Pass IPAtm
©2018 Benny's Brewery  All Rights Reserved.  Violators will be persecuted.  And prosecuted.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2018, 02:08:58 PM »

I didn't go around the venue to count bubblers, but I did grab a few water samples and both times the bubblers I used were in pairs, a tall and a short.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2018, 02:14:14 PM »
Carroll college needs to get with the times and lose the white, bearded dude as a mascot unless they are going all male school

Not the same thing. But interestingly a former poster named Chicos used to make this same argument all the time. Are you familiar with Chicos or his work?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2018, 03:08:59 PM »
I didn't go around the venue to count bubblers, but I did grab a few water samples and both times the bubblers I used were in pairs, a tall and a short.

Wouldn't surprise me of that, since 9X2=18 bare minimum.   That's 4 or 5 for each of the two floors.   They are not plentiful for a reason - revenue.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2018, 04:36:17 PM »
Ooohhhh... that'd be a great name for a sour.

Five Years to Judge Lambictm Order Now, Ships Winter 2023.
Hard Pass IPAtm
©2018 Benny's Brewery  All Rights Reserved.  Violators will be persecuted.  And prosecuted.

Can you make a What's a Chicos white cream ale or should I contact Summit brewery?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2018, 06:17:48 PM »
Can you make a What's a Chicos white cream ale or should I contact Summit brewery?

I assumed Legends brewery in Anaheim would have a lock on that one?

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2018, 07:26:30 PM »

*Traditional Cream Ale

feedback