'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Fiserv Forum Thoughts  (Read 52575 times)

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
Re: Fiserv Forum Thoughts
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2018, 07:57:16 AM »

9- Agree here about the escalator situation and getting to the upper decks.  They need to open the stairway doors and have more signage pointing to them.
My wife have been going back and forth on this for all the tours we have done. The Bradley Center had zero signage in where the all the stairs were located. Granted there was zero doors. At the Fiserv Forum there are signs above that say EXIT. Not sure what else they need to say?

Once people learn the location of the corner stairways it's very easy and fast to leave the building. Or move from the upper to lower deck.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2018, 08:04:05 AM »
Did anyone check out the kids zone? Curious on thoughts as we debate when/if to take our toddler

The "kids zone" .. is just a open space near the atrium called "Kohl's Court" .. besides being able to run around, there isn't anything a toddler would play on/appreciate.

That being said .. compared to the BC, there are many places to explore for kids .. and with the open design, you can see the court often.   I think the Panorama Club will be the kid destination .. takes a while to get there (time killer) .. big open spaces, windows, couches, interesting view of the court.

Oooh, and I just read there was a whopping total of NINE drinking fountains in the building, a travesty.  Find 'em all!

warriorgnp

• Walk-On
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2018, 08:11:01 AM »
At least from a TV perspective, while there may be more overall fans closer to the court, the first few rows seem further away.   The students appeared closer at the BC.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2018, 08:39:59 AM »
At least from a TV perspective, while there may be more overall fans closer to the court, the first few rows seem further away.   The students appeared closer at the BC.

This is true--there's a larger aisle between the court and the first row of seats all the way around (except the 2 rows of courtside seats, of course).
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2018, 08:43:18 AM »
Overall, a the arena's a huge improvement over the BC. To nitpick though, I didn't like how much orange lit up the room on the Carroll part of all the scoreboards.  I can just imagine how that will look when UW-Madison plays there.  I don't want to see the scoreboards lit up in half red.  That place should all be blue and gold.  Maybe highlight the visitor's part of the scoreboards in gray and black.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2018, 08:47:17 AM »
The "kids zone" .. is just a open space near the atrium called "Kohl's Court" .. besides being able to run around, there isn't anything a toddler would play on/appreciate.

That being said .. compared to the BC, there are many places to explore for kids .. and with the open design, you can see the court often.   I think the Panorama Club will be the kid destination .. takes a while to get there (time killer) .. big open spaces, windows, couches, interesting view of the court.

I'm guessing it's a hell of a lot better than the kid run on the stairs between concourses at the BC.

Oooh, and I just read there was a whopping total of NINE drinking fountains in the building, a travesty.  Find 'em all!

EDIT:  There must to be more than that... plumbing code calls for 1 fountain per 1,000 occupants in stadiums and arenas unless "other reasonable alternatives" are accepted by Wis. SPS Dept.  The only alternatives I've ever seen accepted in commercial buildings are water coolers (that are hard-plumbed instead of using 5-gallon bottles) or the ice/water dispensers you see in hospitals, provided they are available to all of the occupants of a given floor or building.

If the Bucks only have nine drinking fountains and sold the SPS on the many soda fountains and beer taps (i.e. paid) as the alternative, that would seem like a pretty blatant code violation that could be challenged.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 09:06:54 AM by Benny B »
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2018, 08:53:13 AM »
Oooh, and I just read there was a whopping total of NINE drinking fountains bubblers in the building, a travesty.  Find 'em all!

FIFY, a'i'n'a?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2018, 08:56:43 AM »
The hype crew will take a little getting used to.

Also, they have the most dystopian recording as you approach the gate. An overly polite, too calm by half, female voice that says something like "You are now approaching a security checkpoint... blah blah blah."

Papers please, comrade.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2018, 09:13:28 AM »
Overall, a the arena's a huge improvement over the BC. To nitpick though, I didn't like how much orange lit up the room on the Carroll part of all the scoreboards.  I can just imagine how that will look when UW-Madison plays there.  I don't want to see the scoreboards lit up in half red.  That place should all be blue and gold.  Maybe highlight the visitor's part of the scoreboards in gray and black.

I like how the Bucks put the logo to the right of both teams.  Marquette did this in the practice the other day.  Not sure why they didn't last night.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2018, 09:15:14 AM »
I like how the Bucks put the logo to the right of both teams.  Marquette did this in the practice the other day.  Not sure why they didn't last night.

Guessing the Carroll logo wasn't queued up for the game.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2018, 09:26:27 AM »

I don't mind the opponent's logo up there.  But there was just so much orange all over all of the scoreboards. I hate that, and I'll hate it even more when it's RED.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2018, 09:27:05 AM »
Guessing the Carroll logo wasn't queued up for the game.

They had this on the scoreboard so they had the logo.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2018, 09:28:00 AM »

Quality logo for Carroll.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2018, 09:33:01 AM »
I don't mind the opponent's logo up there.  But there was just so much orange all over all of the scoreboards. I hate that, and I'll hate it even more when it's RED.

Was the orange for Carroll or for Fiserv? I didn’t notice, but wondering if it wasn’t opponent dependent.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2018, 09:35:42 AM »
Was the orange for Carroll or for Fiserv? I didn’t notice, but wondering if it wasn’t opponent dependent.
  Definitely for Carroll.  It was on all of the scoreboards where the MU half was blue and the Carroll half was orange.

PBRme

• All American
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2018, 09:36:03 AM »
Only comment is I wish there were a few more beer choices (Coors Light Miller Light Hopsomething didn't do it for me) at the food stands.  Waiting in two lines for a busy game will be painful.
Peace, Love, and Rye Whiskey...May your life and your glass always be full

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2018, 09:37:44 AM »
Nitpicks aside, I'm very interested to see what it's like with a full house that's rocking. The energy level matched the exhibition level opponent I think.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2018, 09:39:27 AM »
There's a Leinie's Lodge outside of Section 108 with some Leinenkugel varieties.  There's also a (very good) City Lights Mexican Lager available in several of the concession stands at $12 a pint.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2018, 09:42:49 AM »
Quality logo for Carroll.

Every D3 logo looks just like a variant of the same thing.

Stevens Point

Platteville:

Oshkosh:

Stout:

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2018, 09:48:17 AM »

Every D3 logo looks just like a variant of the same thing.

Stevens Point

Platteville:

Oshkosh:

Stout:

They probably all paid the same in-state artist or design firm to create their logos.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2018, 09:51:37 AM »

EDIT:  There must to be more than that... plumbing code calls for 1 fountain per 1,000 occupants in stadiums and arenas unless "other reasonable alternatives" are accepted by Wis. SPS Dept. 

If the Bucks only have nine drinking fountains and sold the SPS on the many soda fountains and beer taps (i.e. paid) as the alternative, that would seem like a pretty blatant code violation that could be challenged.

https://www.nba.com/bucks/fiserv-forum-z-guide

Bubbler
Nine bubblers are located throughout the building. They can be found in the following areas:

Event level outside both ends of the BMO Club
Outside Sections: 104, 109, 114, 120, 218, and 227
Outside Suite 19

We walked around the Chaluparena last night and did see two fountains*, which made me wonder how many there were.  I am not surprised it's only 9.

It reminds me about the Rave/Eagles Ballroom, and how there are zero drinking fountains and $3.50 bottles of water.

* I recognize the existence of bubblers.  They look like this and actually bubble.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2018, 09:53:05 AM »

Carroll college needs to get with the times and lose the white, bearded dude as a mascot unless they are going all male school
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2018, 09:54:46 AM »
Carroll college needs to get with the times and lose the white, bearded dude as a mascot unless they are going all male school

troll's gonna troll.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2018, 10:16:06 AM »

True.  They could go with a black background with a Red W logo.  Might have to be dark grey to stand out from the black areas below.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2018, 10:16:33 AM »
https://www.nba.com/bucks/fiserv-forum-z-guide

Bubbler
Nine bubblers are located throughout the building. They can be found in the following areas:

Event level outside both ends of the BMO Club
Outside Sections: 104, 109, 114, 120, 218, and 227
Outside Suite 19

We walked around the Chaluparena last night and did see two fountains*, which made me wonder how many there were.  I am not surprised it's only 9.

It reminds me about the Rave/Eagles Ballroom, and how there are zero drinking fountains and $3.50 bottles of water.

In any given one of those locations you mentioned (or saw), were the fountains in pairs (i.e. one regular height & one ADA height) or was there a single ADA fountain?   IOW, were there 18 total fountains in 9 locations or 9 total?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

feedback