[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Fiserv Forum Thoughts  (Read 52615 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Fiserv Forum Thoughts
« on: October 30, 2018, 08:52:19 PM »
Random thoughts:

1) I really enjoy the additional stats on the scoreboard. Also enjoy the team stats on the corner boards.
2) The lower bowl concourse was nearly impassable at halftime and it’s a pretty thin crowd tonight. It’s going to be bad when there is a full house.
3) Please turn off the mic near the student section. The girl who is yelling “ooooon you” after a foul sounds like nails on a chalkboard. Also at some point the wrong word is going to be yelled.
4) The tops of the student section are tarped off for smaller crowds I assume. Smart play. Looks less empty.
5) The tunnel from the parking garage to the arena is fantastic.
6) I liked the DJ pregame. Not a big fan of the occasional music during the game. Maybe that was just a mistake. Also he needs a better name than DJ Snack Pack.
7) Intros were nice but disappointing they can’t turn off all the lights with the open concourses.
8) I didn’t think I would like the in game hosts during timeouts but they were pretty good.
9) Am I right in that there is only one escalator between the upper and lower level?  No other options other than elevators?  Dislike if so.
10) Excellent food and drink options everywhere.
11) Pretty cool they have a little handicapped seating platform behind the MU bench. Usually these spots are up high.
12) I enjoy the radio feed being played on the concourse.
13) New banners are sharp.
14) Overall, big fan of the place. I look forward to many games here.

GoldenZebra

• All American
Re: Fiserv Forum Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 08:59:07 PM »
Random thoughts:

1) I really enjoy the additional stats on the scoreboard. Also enjoy the team stats on the corner boards.
2) The lower bowl concourse was nearly impassable at halftime and it’s a pretty thin crowd tonight. It’s going to be bad when there is a full house.
3) Please turn off the mic near the student section. The girl who is yelling “ooooon you” after a foul sounds like nails on a chalkboard. Also at some point the wrong word is going to be yelled.
4) The tops of the student section are tarped off for smaller crowds I assume. Smart play. Looks less empty.
6) I liked the DJ pregame. Not a big fan of the occasional music during the game. Maybe that was just a mistake. Also he needs a better name than DJ Snack Pack.
7) Intros were nice but disappointing they can’t turn off all the lights with the open concourses.
8) I didn’t think I would like the in game hosts during timeouts but they were pretty good.
9) Am I right in that there is only one escalator between the upper and lower level?  No other options other than elevators?  Dislike if so.
11) Pretty cool they have a little handicapped seating platform behind the MU bench. Usually these spots are up high.

2) Been at a couple bucks games and those have been pretty busy, concourse is busy but manageable. It will definitely be a planning game to know when to leave seats for bathroom/beer runs.
9) Yep, elevators are the only other options besides the escalators, if Im not mistaken

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 09:09:25 PM »
Sounds like the Bucks owners might have slipped a few FRNs to the fire safety inspectors, eh?

DJO's Jaw

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 09:22:33 PM »
There's stairs between the upper and lower levels too. They're just behind closed doors.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2018, 09:27:09 PM »
It will be really nice to no longer have the lines for food vendors extend into the middle of the concourse like at the BC.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2018, 09:46:56 PM »
Random thoughts:

1- Not sure what you're seeing on the "additional stats" scoreboard.  That was so sparse (like 4 stats total) I figured it was an exhibition game thing they threw together.  The BC had stats like FGA/FGM and FTA/FTM, etc.  Had to take out my phone to find stats.

2- Yeah, it'll take some time for people to figure out where to meet.  I mean at the BC at half, the sideline concourse was full of people.  Now everyone kinda has to migrate to the endzone?

7- Not a fan of the music for the intro video.  I'll wager 90% of the stadium had never heard whatever that song was.

8- Disagree here.  Super hated the in-game hosts.  They were shrill and unnecessary. 

9- Agree here about the escalator situation and getting to the upper decks.  They need to open the stairway doors and have more signage pointing to them.

Speaking of signage, not a fan of the Section signs.  They're cool and all, but you can barely see them, many you can't see at all. 

Did appreciate the free wifi .. good connection, probably during heavy use as people were disinterested in the game.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2018, 09:50:13 PM »
2) Been at a couple bucks games and those have been pretty busy, concourse is busy but manageable. It will definitely be a planning game to know when to leave seats for bathroom/beer runs.
9) Yep, elevators are the only other options besides the escalators, if Im not mistaken
10) There are stairways on each corners of the arena. Easy to leave the building.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2018, 09:50:50 PM »
Random thoughts:

1) I wish the corner boards showed shooting numbers and not just REB/AST/BLK/STL. They have it for Bucks games, need it for MU.
2) The Bucks/FF are aware of this, particularly around 115 where the bar and Sobelmans lines meet. Not sure what they can do to fix it, but it's definitely an issue.
3) Band mic was awful. And right next to the flute, so all you heard during the anthem was a shrill-ass flute.
6) Agree completely. Less is more during the game, unless MU is on a run.
7) They can, but they left some endzone lights on the "We Are Marquette" tarps.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2018, 09:54:04 PM »
I thought it was a piccolo that was standing out.

"Guess what? I got a fever, and the only prescription is more piccolo."
Fiserv Forum Audio Director
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2018, 09:57:25 PM »
Give DJ Snack Pack a break.  All of the awesome, cool, decent, ok and even the passable DJ names have all been taken for over a decade.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2018, 09:58:40 PM »
The DJ was way better than Music In Motion.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2018, 10:01:46 PM »
1- Not sure what you're seeing on the "additional stats" scoreboard.  That was so sparse (like 4 stats total) I figured it was an exhibition game thing they threw together.  The BC had stats like FGA/FGM and FTA/FTM, etc.  Had to take out my phone to find stats.

2- Yeah, it'll take some time for people to figure out where to meet.  I mean at the BC at half, the sideline concourse was full of people.  Now everyone kinda has to migrate to the endzone?

7- Not a fan of the music for the intro video.  I'll wager 90% of the stadium had never heard whatever that song was.

8- Disagree here.  Super hated the in-game hosts.  They were shrill and unnecessary. 

9- Agree here about the escalator situation and getting to the upper decks.  They need to open the stairway doors and have more signage pointing to them.

Speaking of signage, not a fan of the Section signs.  They're cool and all, but you can barely see them, many you can't see at all. 

Did appreciate the free wifi .. good connection, probably during heavy use as people were disinterested in the game.

Haven't been there but I would guess they are fire doors that can't be continuously open per code.
Goal is National Championship

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2018, 10:07:13 PM »
The DJ was way better than Music In Motion.

Loved that dead air track he played after the intro video ended.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2018, 10:10:38 PM »
Gates were awful. spending 9 minutes out in the rain for a game against Carell college that maybe 3k people attended.

Isles to concourse during halftime were terrible, again at a 3k crowd.

Lines and bathrooms were great though.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2018, 10:12:55 PM »

I was referring more to the main video board with individual player stats. BC just had player points and fouls. Now they have rebounds and assists as well.

I agree the corner boards should have more stats but I like that they displayed team stats the whole game. The BC would flash those up occasionally. I also agree those corner boards need a better look.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2018, 10:32:12 PM »
7- Not a fan of the music for the intro video. 

I agree. It’s kind of slow and doesn’t really get you pumped.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2018, 10:45:18 PM »
Gates were awful. spending 9 minutes out in the rain for a game against Carell college that maybe 3k people attended.

Isles to concourse during halftime were terrible, again at a 3k crowd.

Lines and bathrooms were great though.

Herd tha spelun wuz grate tho a1n@
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Osiris

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2018, 11:02:01 PM »
Very favorable early impressions of the building.  Impressed with the atrium, concourse, concessions and bowl.  The only thing I point to as a fail was the exterior asthetic from a northern perspective.  The convex windows almost give it an unintentional trapezoidal look.  A lot of work and cost for an unattractive look.  But hey, architects.  Other than that, looking forward to a lot of MUBB in this building.  Was at the Killers show and that bowl is built for sound.

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. Winston Churchill

Logi4three

• Team Captain
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2018, 12:20:45 AM »
Random thoughts:

Love that it is playing in the bathrooms as well.  We will see in time, but all in all a great time and I hope for conference games they darken the arena other than the court.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2018, 12:25:20 AM »

All's I know is that if they show FT% but not eFG%, there will be hell to pay!!!!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2018, 12:29:09 AM »
Love that it is playing in the bathrooms as well.  We will see in time, but all in all a great time and I hope for conference games they darken the arena other than the court.

I like this idea but I’m just curious why only for conference games?

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2018, 12:32:01 AM »
Did anyone check out the kids zone? Curious on thoughts as we debate when/if to take our toddler

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2018, 03:51:28 AM »
I thought it was a piccolo that was standing out.

"Guess what? I got a fever, and the only prescription is more piccolo."
Fiserv Forum Audio Director

One can never have too many trumpets and drums.  Without a mic. the flute and country bass  fiddle can't be heard.  Music Director, stick with the brass. 

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2018, 05:29:27 AM »
Random thoughts:

Do they serve brats? At the old arena they were my favorite.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2018, 06:52:41 AM »
 At the regular food stands and there is a Klement's-sponsored concession.

Have some patience, FFS.

feedback