[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA Thread 2019-20  (Read 222324 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: NBA Thread 2019-20
« Reply #1600 on: September 07, 2020, 08:53:38 AM »

He's peaked. No upside with low basketball IQ. Trade him before he walks, hey?

This is a take
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1601 on: September 07, 2020, 09:46:48 AM »
I remember when they said LeBron wasn't a winner.   Hell, I am old enough to remember when they said that Jordan was nothing but a scorer who didn't make his teammates better.

Be careful what you wish for, Buck's fans.

It ain’t Bucks fans. Just one fool.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1602 on: September 07, 2020, 10:12:05 AM »
Fair.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1603 on: September 07, 2020, 03:03:35 PM »

He's peaked. No upside with low basketball IQ. Trade him before he walks, hey?

Well, he does lack that certain something you seem to prefer in your athletes.

I mean, he ain't no Sam Hauser or Tyler Herro, that's for sure!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1604 on: September 07, 2020, 04:14:10 PM »

Very subtle, Mike. 8-)

Also very funny.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1605 on: September 07, 2020, 04:14:40 PM »
Not really.  Detracts from the debate.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1606 on: September 07, 2020, 04:23:50 PM »

Love Butler's game. So, your theory falls short.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1607 on: September 07, 2020, 05:49:37 PM »
I don’t know how someone could love Jimmy’s game but think Giannis is a low IQ player who’s already peaked. They’re essentially the same player but one is just much better at doing similar things than the other.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1608 on: September 07, 2020, 05:55:13 PM »
How many times does Giannis need to run into a wall of defenders before he develops a mid range game? Cat has the yips at the free throw line and keeps jackin' up 3's because the defense will give him that all day. THA, hey?

Trade His Ass
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1609 on: September 07, 2020, 06:17:22 PM »
How many times does Giannis need to run into a wall of defenders before he develops a mid range game? Cat has the yips at the free throw line and keeps jackin' up 3's because the defense will give him that all day. THA, hey?

Trade His Ass

I'm guessing you're the same "general manager" who said that Jordan could never win a championship because he was "too selfish."

A lot of geniuses said that in the 1980s. And zillions more would have said it if the interwebs had existed back then.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1610 on: September 07, 2020, 06:21:27 PM »

Trade His Ass

If he lets you know he’s not going to be resigning with you then yes, you trade him. But he won’t do that and the Bucks shouldn’t trade him. What they should do is get a true second star who will consistently show up. Easier said than done.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1611 on: September 07, 2020, 06:25:35 PM »
Y kant MU ever recruit a playa like Jimmy Butler, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

• All American
« Reply #1612 on: September 07, 2020, 06:33:18 PM »

Trade His Ass

Top ten in 2 pt. FG% last two years.  Most efficient player in the NBA the last two seasons.  Top ranked defender in the league in numerous categories.

But he's a "low IQ player."  ::) ::) ::)

No way you would get value back in a trade.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1613 on: September 07, 2020, 06:39:01 PM »

Top ten in 2 pt. FG% last two years.  Most efficient player in the NBA the last two seasons.  Top ranked defender in the league in numerous categories.

But he's a "low IQ player."  ::) ::) ::)

No way you would get value back in a trade.

In the history of scoop, saying Giannis has “low basketball IQ” is a top-5 scoop take

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1614 on: September 07, 2020, 06:56:30 PM »
In the history of scoop, saying Giannis has “low basketball IQ” is a top-5 scoop take

wat dew u eggspekt?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1615 on: September 07, 2020, 06:59:03 PM »
Any truth to this, hey?

In an interview with ESPN's Rachel Nichols posted Friday, Harden seemingly attacked Giannis' style of play, arguing that the four-time All-Star and current favorite to repeat as MVP's methods take "no skill at all." “I wish I could just run and be 7 feet and just dunk. Like that takes no skill at all," Harden said.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1616 on: September 07, 2020, 07:20:17 PM »
Any truth to this, hey?

In an interview with ESPN's Rachel Nichols posted Friday, Harden seemingly attacked Giannis' style of play, arguing that the four-time All-Star and current favorite to repeat as MVP's methods take "no skill at all." “I wish I could just run and be 7 feet and just dunk. Like that takes no skill at all," Harden said.

Harden spends most of the game not even trying to make shots. Most of the time he’s just trying to trick refs into blowing their whistles.

Oh and Giannis actually pretends to care about two sides of the court.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1617 on: September 07, 2020, 07:23:59 PM »
Any truth to this, hey?

No, there isn’t.  Well, I suppose that’s an excuse Harden can use as to why he’s so bad on defense. 

Thinking all Giannis does is dunk shows me Harden has a low basketball IQ

• All American
« Reply #1618 on: September 07, 2020, 07:28:01 PM »
Yes.  GA's game wouldn't be the same if he were 5' 11".  But to say he has no skill at all, which is obviously hyberbole, is a bit much.  He's a 25 year old, likely two time MVP, who by all accounts is a good dude and apparently likes Milwaukee.

And you want the Bucks to trade him? 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1619 on: September 07, 2020, 07:33:29 PM »
He's a complementary player who can't put on team on his back and win a championship. Either bring in an alpha player to play with him or trade him. His value will never be greater. Middleton is not that player. Terrible decision to max him and who knows what Bledsoe actually contributes?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 07:36:04 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1620 on: September 07, 2020, 07:38:16 PM »
He's a complementary player who can't put on team on his back and win a championship. Either bring in an alpha player to play with him or trade him. His value will never be greater. Middleton is not that player. Terrible decision to max him and who knows what Bledsoe actually contributes?

With you on Middleton and Bledsoe. You’re totally off on Giannis, though.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #1621 on: September 07, 2020, 09:37:06 PM »
I think its very possible we've seen Giannis' best season.  So if that's what you mean by peaked, I think there's a good argument to be made there.  I would say the same thing about Mike Trout. 

But that doesn't mean you cash in your chips on these guys.  For one, they can keep churning out these incredibly high quality seasons, even if they don't reach the levels in any single season that we've already seen. Plus, nine times out of ten, when you trade away they best player in a deal, you're getting seventy cents on the dollar. Considering that Giannis likes MKE enough to actually consider signing an extension to stay, a franchise like the Bucks will (and should) bet the farm on that guy every time.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #1622 on: September 07, 2020, 10:12:14 PM »
No, there isn’t.  Well, I suppose that’s an excuse Harden can use as to why he’s so bad on defense. 

Thinking all Giannis does is dunk shows me Harden has a low basketball IQ

Harden has actually graded out as a solid defender the past couple years. Tons of improvement on the ball and legitimately very good in the post. Struggles mightily off-ball, though.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #1623 on: September 07, 2020, 10:23:06 PM »
He's a complementary player who can't put on team on his back and win a championship.

I disagree on "complimentary." But his game will need to change if he is to get to that next level, if nothing else so he stays healthy enough to do it.

You can't move him unless he says he's not gonna sign. Two-time MVPs just don't come here, and replacing that is going to be damn near impossible.

The challenge for the FO and Bud (or the next coach) is huge. You have to try to win with a superstar who can't shoot in a league that values shooting above all. Middleton is a really, really good player on an elite player's contract. Bled is erratic but crucial defensively. Both contracts could be really hard to move.

What they might need more than anything is a guy like Lou Williams who can come in and get buckets when the offense stalls.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 10:25:39 PM by MUfan12 »

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #1624 on: September 08, 2020, 10:05:48 AM »
Yes.  GA's game wouldn't be the same if he were 5' 11".  But to say he has no skill at all, which is obviously hyberbole, is a bit much.  He's a 25 year old, likely two time MVP, who by all accounts is a good dude and apparently likes Milwaukee.

And you want the Bucks to trade him? 

The (admittedly strong) argument is that he's leaving either way after next season, the Bucks might as well trade him to get something out of it.

feedback