[Today at 09:22:06 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by avid1010
[Today at 09:16:40 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 07:22:54 AM]

Dallas bars tonite by Marquette Gyros
[Today at 06:59:41 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA Thread 2019-20  (Read 219635 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: NBA Thread 2018-19
« Reply #525 on: May 12, 2019, 11:56:48 PM »
Watching the shot over again, it seems like he picks up his dribble planning to shoot, but has his feet wrong, so does a little shuffle, before the jump stop. It just looks awkward. He actually does it pretty clever wise. Similar to a lot of Harden's 4-step step-backs, but more of a side-step then step back.

"A little shuffle" is quite different from "3-4 steps," which is what you said multiple times.

Again, not a single ref on any level would call it. Ipso fatso, it's a non-story.

The shot was amazing. The drama was incredible. I'd call it a silly debate, but it's not even worth debating, and I'm already mad at myself for wasting this much time trying.

Just enjoy the sports theater. Or if you can't because of phantom travels, don't watch!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #526 on: May 13, 2019, 07:32:33 AM »
Kawhi traveled on the last play. Took 3 or 4 steps before even starting to dribble

🙄🙄🙄🙄
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #527 on: May 13, 2019, 07:54:07 AM »
Nobody said anything at the time.  No one said anything afterward.  Not everything is called in most sports.

Don't be a wet blanket.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Macallan 18

• Walk-On

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #530 on: May 14, 2019, 06:04:57 PM »
So who do ya'll want to see win the lottery? As a Bucks fan, I suppose I should be rooting for a Western conference team to win it, but I feel like Hawks fans deserve something nice.  Ditto 82 and his Hornets folks. I also like the drama of New Orleans winning it then forcing AD to try to coexist with Zion.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #531 on: May 14, 2019, 06:47:55 PM »
I almost hope the Bulls get absolutely screwed and get bumped down to like the seventh spot so they have another awful season.

Anything to get rid of GarPax, ya know?

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #532 on: May 14, 2019, 06:51:48 PM »
I almost hope the Bulls get absolutely screwed and get bumped down to like the seventh spot so they have another awful season.

They just extended Boylen. Zero chance any of that crew gets run out of town anytime soon.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #533 on: May 14, 2019, 07:26:42 PM »

They won’t get rid of the front office, but I’d prefer them not get a top pick to ruin anyone who could be a potential All Star talent

I honestly am kind of sneaky rooting for the Knicks. They’ve been bad for so damn long, it would be fun for them to matter again, and I have some close friends who are long suffering Knicks fans

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #534 on: May 14, 2019, 07:48:40 PM »

Got your wish.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #535 on: May 14, 2019, 08:01:52 PM »
Obviously, the fix was in.

Because, as everybody knows, the NBA wants New Orleans and Memphis to rule, and wants the Knicks, Lakers and Bulls to suck.

Just like it wanted Cleveland to get all those No. 1 picks.

If the Knicks or Lakers had won the lottery, the conspiracy theorists would have been out of their minds. Pelicans and Grizz? Crickets!

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #536 on: May 14, 2019, 08:18:04 PM »
Got your wish.

Yup, the one problem is all the super diehard Bulls fans will still sell out the UC and find a way to spin it into a positive.

Very overconfident fanbase.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #537 on: May 14, 2019, 08:32:31 PM »
Go Pack Go for #5 today get Doc?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #538 on: May 15, 2019, 11:04:11 AM »
The Warriors are just so dang good.  With a fully healthy roster they can play any style of offense and beat you at it.  Want to play iso ball?  Warriors win.  Want to play pick and roll ball?  Warriors win.  Want to play Spurs style, ball is popping around the court finding open shooters everywhere?  Warriors win.

My favorite thing to watch in all of sports is when Steph gets his defender in the air on a pump fake after picking up his dribble, finds Draymond (or Bell has been good at it too) on a quick pass to the elbow/mid post, doesn't stop moving and kind of rubs off of Draymond/Bell, starts running to the corner, the off ball wing in that corner realizes it and runs just a quick rub screen on Curry's defender who's already chasing from jumping to contest Curry's pump fake, and Draymond/Bell hits Curry in the corner for a 3 (even when the defender somehow closes for what is normally "in time" but for Curry is late).  And every once in a while the rub screener's defender recognizes it in time and is able to get out on Curry, who then finds the rub screener slipping wide open to the basket for a dunk.

I could watch that motion all day, every day.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #539 on: May 15, 2019, 11:24:40 AM »
They're a ton more fun without KD. Ball doesn't stick as much.

The 73-9 team was a total joy, even though they lost in the finals. I watched them every time I could.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #540 on: May 15, 2019, 01:12:00 PM »
The Warriors are just so dang good.  With a fully healthy roster they can play any style of offense and beat you at it.  Want to play iso ball?  Warriors win.  Want to play pick and roll ball?  Warriors win.  Want to play Spurs style, ball is popping around the court finding open shooters everywhere?  Warriors win.

My favorite thing to watch in all of sports is when Steph gets his defender in the air on a pump fake after picking up his dribble, finds Draymond (or Bell has been good at it too) on a quick pass to the elbow/mid post, doesn't stop moving and kind of rubs off of Draymond/Bell, starts running to the corner, the off ball wing in that corner realizes it and runs just a quick rub screen on Curry's defender who's already chasing from jumping to contest Curry's pump fake, and Draymond/Bell hits Curry in the corner for a 3 (even when the defender somehow closes for what is normally "in time" but for Curry is late).  And every once in a while the rub screener's defender recognizes it in time and is able to get out on Curry, who then finds the rub screener slipping wide open to the basket for a dunk.

I could watch that motion all day, every day.

Curry's off the ball movement is sublime.  He will dart into the lane and then reappear free on the wing or the corner and he needs .5 seconds to get that shot off.  That offense freestyles so well too.  Its unreal.  I get the hate for the Warriors, I get the exhaustion that comes from their continued excellence, but from a pure basketball standpoint, they are poetry in motion when playing well.

This depends on the matchup.  The Rockets series was bad cause they played so much ISO.  They are an even more lethal form of themselves when KD is playing in the flow.  They've ran more offense through KD as a point forward this year, trying to give touches to the best player in basketball, and thats when it snags up a bit.  Will be interesting to see how they play when he comes back.

I frankly think they are still insanely fun with KD.  That iso isn't a constant thing with him, just matchup based.  Playing Draymond/Looney at the 5 and KD/Iggy as 3/4 hybrids.  You have that free flowing offense mentioned before, but instead of selling out on Curry and Klay and having Draymond or Iggy open for a bomb, KD is lurking.  Its unfair. 

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #541 on: May 15, 2019, 01:15:02 PM »

The 73-9 team was a total joy, even though they lost in the finals. I watched them every time I could.

If only Curry hadn't injured his knee and wasn't 100%.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #542 on: May 15, 2019, 02:59:47 PM »
First timer to FiServ tonight - any suggestions for food to try or avoid?

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #543 on: May 15, 2019, 03:20:18 PM »
If only Curry hadn't injured his knee and wasn't 100%.

Seriously, quite the shame and oddly overlooked

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #544 on: May 15, 2019, 03:48:12 PM »

FiFo virgin, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #545 on: May 15, 2019, 04:48:26 PM »

Get there early and soak in the atmosphere around the plaza....it's been buzzing all day
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #546 on: May 15, 2019, 05:00:56 PM »

FiFo virgin, hey?

More of a lifo guy eh?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #547 on: May 15, 2019, 08:13:02 PM »
I know nobody here said the Warriors were actually better without Durant, but others have.

Yeah, because winning 2 NBA titles in 2 attempts, with him being the Finals MVP both times certainly proves they are better without him.

Peeples is stoopid sumtimez.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #548 on: May 15, 2019, 09:54:51 PM »
Bucks played about as bad as they could the majority of this game. Toronto got as much as you could hope for from their stars.

Bucks still won.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #549 on: May 15, 2019, 09:56:23 PM »
Gutsy win. Every run the bucks made, the raptors answered back. But they kept fighting and got over the hump.

Lopez was a monster tonight.

Fear the deer!