[Today at 07:02:21 AM]

Dallas bars tonite by Marquette Gyros
[Today at 06:59:41 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:42:08 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 06:32:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA Thread 2019-20  (Read 219631 times)

reinko

• All American
Re: NBA Thread 2018-19
« Reply #350 on: March 01, 2019, 08:28:36 PM »
Huge. Allows the team to focus on the rest of the roster and figure out which other pieces need to be retained. I have a hard time with the idea of Middleton getting the max though

6’8”, All star 3 and D wing who is also also close friends to one of the best 4 b-ball players on the planet who is up for an extension in 2 years...ya gotta do it

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #351 on: March 01, 2019, 08:31:38 PM »
Middleton is da most dispensible of da Bucks free agents, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #352 on: March 02, 2019, 12:02:12 AM »
LeBron tried SO hard tonight to show his “leadership” and “effort” after all the attention placed on his lack of those two things in the media and him responding by telling teams they “have the right to single [him] out” defensively...but the Bucks broke his will in the last 2 minutes. LeBron Blames came out in full force. Was SO close to that big win and showing his young teammates what it takes to win. But then it was pouting, slapping his hips, yelling at the refs, etc.

Fun stuff. Bucks are good.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #353 on: March 02, 2019, 12:33:00 AM »
LeBron tried SO hard tonight to show his “leadership” and “effort” after all the attention placed on his lack of those two things in the media and him responding by telling teams they “have the right to single [him] out” defensively...but the Bucks broke his will in the last 2 minutes. LeBron Blames came out in full force. Was SO close to that big win and showing his young teammates what it takes to win. But then it was pouting, slapping his hips, yelling at the refs, etc.

Fun stuff. Bucks are good.

He practically sprinted off the court at the final buzzer too.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #354 on: March 04, 2019, 09:19:55 PM »
Interview with Michael Reinsdorf.  It's a comical read starting with the very first question.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-spt-bulls-michael-reinsdorf-interview-20190304-story.html

Will John Paxson and Gar Forman be back next season?

Absolutely. We believe they’ve done a great job. I know that in this market, with some of our fans and some in the media, they look at it differently. That perplexes me.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #357 on: March 09, 2019, 09:21:23 PM »
Interview with Michael Reinsdorf.  It's a comical read starting with the very first question.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-spt-bulls-michael-reinsdorf-interview-20190304-story.html

Will John Paxson and Gar Forman be back next season?

Absolutely. We believe they’ve done a great job. I know that in this market, with some of our fans and some in the media, they look at it differently. That perplexes me.

That organization deserves all the bad that happens to it. They actually have an attractive young core but will do nothing with it cause it’s run by a combination of nepotism, cronyism, and sycophants. It’s a shame

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #359 on: March 12, 2019, 11:46:08 AM »
Kudos to Russell Westbrook for threatening a Jazz fan and his wife.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #360 on: March 12, 2019, 12:12:14 PM »
Kudos to Russell Westbrook for threatening a Jazz fan and his wife.

Its too bad - if he had left out the wife, I wouldn't have had a problem with it. Throwing the wife in there was real weird.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #361 on: March 12, 2019, 12:41:03 PM »
If what he claims the fan said is accurate, I agree, Burrow.   And I agree that throwing the wife in was weird. 
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 12:59:33 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #362 on: March 12, 2019, 12:58:21 PM »
If what he claims the fan said is accurate, I agree, Burrow.

The bio of the fan is quite disturbing. Good for Westbrook.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #363 on: March 12, 2019, 01:02:09 PM »
Being a professional, in whatever line of work, encompasses many aspects of a particular vocation. Westbrook should have stayed above the fray.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #364 on: March 12, 2019, 01:06:02 PM »
Being a professional, in whatever line of work, encompasses many aspects of a particular vocation. Westbrook should have stayed above the fray.

In a perfect world, yes.   Apparently, though, he heard the wrong thing at the wrong time and was unable to restrain himself.   He is neither the first nor last person to do so.   

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #365 on: March 12, 2019, 01:29:21 PM »
In a perfect world, yes.   Apparently, though, he heard the wrong thing at the wrong time and was unable to restrain himself.   He is neither the first nor last person to do so.

This was just another virulent MAGA racist who repeated the Creep's language about Sh*thole countries and tweeted about sending Westbrook back to Africa. I'm sure none of us would sit quietly at our desks if someone walked up to us and started yelling this crap.

Of course, he also talked about God and country in his tweets in between using the n*** word.

Westbrook is my new hero.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 01:32:03 PM by Jockey »

MUBBau

• Team Captain
« Reply #366 on: March 12, 2019, 01:32:03 PM »
Tonight was supposed to be Nikola Mirotic bobblehead night in New Orleans, since they are playing the Bucks they should still give them away, right?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #367 on: March 12, 2019, 01:45:06 PM »
This was just another virulent MAGA racist who repeated the Creep's language about Sh*thole countries and tweeted about sending Westbrook back to Africa. I'm sure none of us would sit quietly at our desks if someone walked up to us and started yelling this crap.

Of course, he also talked about God and country in his tweets in between using the n*** word.

Westbrook is my new hero.

It's possible that they're both a-holes.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #368 on: March 12, 2019, 04:22:13 PM »
Per ESPN, the Jazz and OKC players Raymond Felton and Patrick Patterson all confirmed Westbrook's account. Jazz players Gobert, Thabo, and Donovan Mitchell all issued statements supporting Westbrook's account, though they don't seem as committal toward personally hearing what was said.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #369 on: March 12, 2019, 04:24:42 PM »
Per ESPN, the Jazz and OKC players Raymond Felton and Patrick Patterson all confirmed Westbrook's account. Jazz players Gobert, Thabo, and Donovan Mitchell all issued statements supporting Westbrook's account, though they don't seem as committal toward personally hearing what was said.

The fan involved has been banned from Jazz (home) games for life.
Westbrook has been fined $25K.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #370 on: March 12, 2019, 04:56:00 PM »
The fan involved has been banned from Jazz (home) games for life.
Westbrook has been fined $25K.

Seems fair, given what we (as the public) knows.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #371 on: March 12, 2019, 04:57:49 PM »
I wish Facebook would reveal all of this guys posts AND also his list of friends. I know I would instantly de-friend anyone who posted this garbage and I assume most people here would do the same.

We should be able to expose all of those who willfully continued to be friends with a creep like this as well as the guy himself.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #372 on: March 12, 2019, 05:23:07 PM »
I wish Facebook would reveal all of this guys posts AND also his list of friends. I know I would instantly de-friend anyone who posted this garbage and I assume most people here would do the same.

We should be able to expose all of those who willfully continued to be friends with a creep like this as well as the guy himself.

Facebook already sold all his posts/data to corporate interests long ago. Think they're going to give it away to the public for free?

nyg

• All American
« Reply #373 on: March 24, 2019, 08:50:50 PM »
Getaway from the lunacy of other side of board.

You see this, could be the best buzzer beater ever, well at least how high the ball went. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yEjWwKkn69I
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 08:52:42 PM by nyg »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #374 on: March 24, 2019, 08:53:12 PM »
Getaway from the lunacy of other side of board.

You see this, could be the best buzzer beater ever.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yEjWwKkn69I

In my opinion definitely not the coolest buzzer beater ever, but definitely cool. I don’t think it stands up against a buzzer beater like NC State in a national championship or a number of others. But helps the Bucks!