[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MLB hot stove discussion 2018/19 off season  (Read 111842 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: MLB hot stove discussion 2018/19 off season
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2018, 09:49:19 AM »
I like Machado, I'm mostly concerned about work ethic and conditioning after he signs his big deal. That's my real concern with him.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2018, 10:01:07 AM »
Okay, I just answered my own question.  The player must be ACTIVE on the 25 man for at least 90 days (read that as 1/2 the season), not the 10 or 60 day DL.  If you're out for the year, that won't happen.  So I highly doubt the Crew starts his clock.

I think there may be a loophole.  I think if the guy is on the dl the entire season the rule 5 stipulations get pushed to the next season.  The Twins lost a player like that last year. 

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2018, 10:09:54 AM »
I think there may be a loophole.  I think if the guy is on the dl the entire season the rule 5 stipulations get pushed to the next season.  The Twins lost a player like that last year.

Explain further.  You mean a new team gets to 'stash' him for a year and then in year #2 put him on the 25?  Doesn't that terribly penalize the original team?  If true, then the Crew might be compelled to put him on the 40 and then 60 day disable him?  Wait, do guys on the 60 day DL count against the 40?  I think not.  So that might be the protection for the original team.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2018, 10:21:10 AM »
Now I understand the Sciocia reference from the other day.  No, the Angels are not my team.  Based on the reactions others are having to you in various conversations, I'm trying to understand why anyone truly cares what you think.  Two days ago was the anniversary of the Cubs clinching the pennant.  I can die a happy man for seeing that and will never forget it.  Winning the entire thing a week and a half later, though it took years off my life, was pure joy.  You don't get to take that away from me sir. Have a nice day.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/k2J9Vnw4M-E" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/k2J9Vnw4M-E</a>

Fun fact:  The Cubs only faced 27 Dodger hitters that game. The only other time that has happened in the playoffs was Don Larsen's perfect game.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2018, 11:14:53 AM »
just so i am aware of how this works.  brewers fans only bring out the worst in cubs fans when its the in season thread, not the offseason thread?  is that how this goes?

cubs fans feel the heat from the brewers closing the gap, say they arent feeling the heat, realize their seat is absolutely on fire and blame their running and hiding on the brewers fans "bringing out the worst in them."  then days after the brewers are eliminated they are back discussing baseball again, despite brewers fans still being around and available to "bring out the worst in them."

convenient.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2018, 11:48:34 AM »
just so i am aware of how this works.  brewers fans only bring out the worst in cubs fans when its the in season thread, not the offseason thread?  is that how this goes?

cubs fans feel the heat from the brewers closing the gap, say they arent feeling the heat, realize their seat is absolutely on fire and blame their running and hiding on the brewers fans "bringing out the worst in them."  then days after the brewers are eliminated they are back discussing baseball again, despite brewers fans still being around and available to "bring out the worst in them."

convenient.
Jeebus...talk about some useless sh!t stirring. As a Brewers fan I hereby request that you STFU
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2018, 01:31:35 PM »

convenient.
There are 4 people who should be banned from these threads. Can we actually ban them this year so we don't have to constantly beat the dead horses?

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2018, 02:26:45 PM »
There are 4 people who should be banned from these threads. Can we actually ban them this year so we don't have to constantly beat the dead horses?

you are right.  i bring out the worst in those angelic cubs fans.  its not the cubs fans fault, its the brewers fans who just suck their deepest, darkest demons right out of them.  ban me, i don't allow cubs fans to control themselves.

lets face it.  cubs fans pretended all year that the little brother, who was supposed to be in year two of a MASSIVE rebuild, passed them up in what was supposed to be a multi-year dynasty on the mlb, and when cubs fans finally came to that realization they went into hiding and blamed it on the brewers fans "bringing out their worst."  had the crew won game 7, and then won the ws, there is absolutely 0 chance many of the posters on here are on muscoop, let alone talking baseball on muscoop.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2018, 03:46:30 PM »
What are the rules on trading arbitration eligible players that aren't under contract? Asking for a friend and not because Manny Pina was on my flight to Philly this morning.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2018, 03:59:09 PM »
I left the other thread because I was getting in useless arguments with Brewer fans.

I figured a hot stove discussion wouldn't lead to the same crap but I guess I was wrong.

Leaving here now as well.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2018, 04:41:15 PM »
I left the other thread because I was getting in useless arguments with Brewer fans.

I figured a hot stove discussion wouldn't lead to the same crap but I guess I was wrong.

Leaving here now as well.

The complex is strong.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2018, 06:14:14 PM »
you are right.  i bring out the worst in those angelic cubs fans.  its not the cubs fans fault, its the brewers fans who just suck their deepest, darkest demons right out of them.  ban me, i don't allow cubs fans to control themselves.

lets face it.  cubs fans pretended all year that the little brother, who was supposed to be in year two of a MASSIVE rebuild, passed them up in what was supposed to be a multi-year dynasty on the mlb, and when cubs fans finally came to that realization they went into hiding and blamed it on the brewers fans "bringing out their worst."  had the crew won game 7, and then won the ws, there is absolutely 0 chance many of the posters on here are on muscoop, let alone talking baseball on muscoop.

Who said anything about "bringing out their worst"? I may honestly have just missed it

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2018, 06:55:35 PM »
Who said anything about "bringing out their worst"? I may honestly have just missed it

Maybe one person, but honestly, as myself and other posters mentioned, the Cubs were playing awful baseball, the Brewers were on fire, and there wasn't much positive to talk about.  So why bother posting?  It was a Brewers excitement thread, and it had minimal interest for Cubs fans.  Why come and have Brewers fans gloat or talk about the optimal balance between Hader, Jeffries, and Knebel?  I would expect the same if it was the other way around.  Its not shocking that they returned for offseason discussion.  Its interesting for Cubs fans again.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2018, 07:45:15 AM »

Just about every post of yours is unintentionally hilarious.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2018, 08:06:32 AM »
It was a long time comin, but the Twins have brought in Rocco Siffredi to be manager
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2018, 08:25:25 AM »
Just about every post of yours is unintentionally hilarious.

glad to see you back out of hiding.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2018, 09:57:06 AM »
Just about every post of yours is unintentionally hilarious. embarrassing.

FIFY...from a Brewer fan's perspective.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2018, 10:32:42 AM »
Can we win hang a banner other than NL Central Champs or NLCS participants before rubbing it in the Cubs faces?

Also, there is nothing dumber than the signs in GAME F*CKING 7 that read "What time do the Cubs play?" It was humorous in game 1 of the DS, but come on

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2018, 10:35:55 AM »
Can we win hang a banner other than NL Central Champs or NLCS participants before rubbing it in the Cubs faces?

Also, there is nothing dumber than the signs in GAME F*CKING 7 that read "What time do the Cubs play?" It was humorous in game 1 of the DS, but come on

Yep.  You don't want to be called "little brother?"  Don't act like one.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #94 on: October 25, 2018, 10:42:18 AM »

FIFY...from a Brewer fan's perspective.

Bias is the guy bringing a Cole Hamels sign to game 6 of the NLCS.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #95 on: October 25, 2018, 11:06:08 AM »
Bias is the guy bringing a Cole Hamels sign to game 6 of the NLCS.

In the sake of transparency, screw Cole Hamels

🏀

• All American
« Reply #96 on: October 25, 2018, 11:19:23 AM »

I agree, but bringing that sign to one of the biggest games in franchise history?

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #97 on: October 25, 2018, 11:58:26 AM »
glad to see you back out of hiding.

It's clear logical thought isn't your strong suit but JWags85 summed it up nicely in regards to why it made no sense for Cubs fans to continue posting regularly once they were eliminated. 

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #98 on: October 25, 2018, 09:05:52 PM »
Hoping the Cubs sign Hamels to a nice, long, multi-year contract. 
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #99 on: October 25, 2018, 09:50:15 PM »
"I don't know why anyone cares what you think!"  Yet here you are responding to me.  Which is it?

Maybe next time get the actual quote correct.  "I'm trying to understand why anyone truly cares what you think" is much different than what you put in quotes.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

feedback