[Today at 10:40:35 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 10:35:41 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:14:22 AM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 09:51:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Jimmy Butler  (Read 30455 times)

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Re: Jimmy Butler
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2018, 05:35:55 PM »
Jae seems to approve.

JAE CROWDER @CJC9BOSS
AYE MAN @JimmyButler TOOK EM BACK TO THE MARQUETTE DAYS I SEE.!! 😂😂😂 @TeamCoachBuzz LOOK WHAT YOU CREATED.!!! 😈😎

Reply by McNeilly lol
https://twitter.com/coachmcneilly/status/1050149916532727809?s=21
Bro - that was everyday in practice with you guys!! 😂

« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 05:53:08 PM by Newsdreams »
Goal is National Championship

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2018, 05:38:40 PM »
Jimmy is an All Star who thinks he's a superstar.  He's a Kyle Lowry who thinks he's a LeBron James.  He's good, he's not great.  He reminds me of the guy in the office who's good at what he does but is also always telling everyone how good he is at what he does and how hard he works, and is always complaining about everyone else.

There's a time and a place to motivate your teammates or your organization.  If this was an every once in a while thing?  Okay, cool I guess.  But seemingly every month, even in the offseason?  We get it dude.  You work really hard and earned yourself a lot of money.  Good job.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2018, 05:56:06 PM »
Not all great athletes are cocky. Drew Brees and Peyton Manning are some of the best QBs of all time, and yet they manage to not be jerks to reporters or teammates.

Peyton Manning rubbed his balls in a female trainer's face, used PEDS (wait, that was totally his wife) and is besties with Papa John.
Drew Brees shills for a company that's essentially a pyramid scheme marketing supplements with dubious claims.
But Jimmy Butler is the jerk.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2018, 06:02:52 PM »
It is pro sports and everything is about money. If this helps Jimmy get paid more than it is a good thing.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

burger

• All American
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2018, 06:26:42 PM »
3rd highest paid player ......

The rest is self-explanatory.....

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2018, 06:42:16 PM »
Jimmy has lost his marbles. Quick, elect him president

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2018, 06:49:47 PM »
Peyton Manning rubbed his balls in a female trainer's face, used PEDS (wait, that was totally his wife) and is besties with Papa John.
Drew Brees shills for a company that's essentially a pyramid scheme marketing supplements with dubious claims.
But Jimmy Butler is the jerk.

These have nothing to do with being cocky. You just don't like their sponsors.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2018, 06:54:49 PM »
I GUARANTEE you Brees or Manning chews into teammates who aren't giving their best.  Manning had a meticulously curated public image but he was highly demanding as a teammate.  The difference is the Colts moved mountains for him, very different than Jimmy in Minny.  And Steph has been called cocky plenty of times the last two years with his shimmys and sideline glares after shots, which is FINE!  He's a killer.  Giannis is just starting to find himself, we saw him try to kill Aron Baynes repeatedly, his edge is still developing.  Nobody is saying Jimmy is an A**hole to the media.  Expecting someone to work as hard as you do isn't being a jerk.

And how do you know what he says to them in practice.  He could ride them all the time and they just don't respond.  Like he did today.  So yea, he's talking to ESPN about it.  Its part of his plan and his agenda, but its not like its some sadistic move.  Dude is just completely fed up.  And he's backing up all the smack he has talked.

If there is a range of cocky things athletes can do, a shoulder shimmy is about a 1, screaming "You f***ing need me!" at the GM is closer to a 10.

As far as him being fed up, if what he says is true, then his frustration makes complete sense. But there are two sides to every story, and there's more than one way to skin a cat (any other cliches I can throw in?) There are other ways to motivate your team that don't involve the national media. And also, being right doesn't give you a free pass to be a jerk.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2018, 07:10:40 PM »
As far as him being fed up, if what he says is true, then his frustration makes complete sense. But there are two sides to every story, and there's more than one way to skin a cat (any other cliches I can throw in?) There are other ways to motivate your team that don't involve the national media. And also, being right doesn't give you a free pass to be a jerk.

If you gave 100%, rode your teammates, pushed them to follow your lead, motivated and supported them, and they didn’t respond. And furthermore, management didn’t support you but instead catered to those teammates, would you rather the player continue to sit and say nothing and “deal with it” to the detriment of both the team, and their career? Genuinely curious.

And again? A jerk? A public call for people to be better and work? That’s soft. KAT talked crap to Butler at the start and got embarrassed.  This makes the Wolves organization look soft and mismanaged with their team structure and priorities more than Jimmy the bully.

Love DJO on the squad that ran with him to dominate the starters

tower912

• All American
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2018, 07:20:56 PM »
Jimmy stepped up and proved his point.  Leader.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2018, 07:34:02 PM »
You don't think he's being selfish or a prima donna? He's demanding a trade to a major market team. He comes across as just wanting more time in the spotlight. He's not trying to get onto a contending team, just one in a bigger city where he can rub elbows with more Wahlbergs of the world.

Has he proven his value? Sure, he's a great player, and the team wins far more with him on the floor. But I don't think he's going about any of this the right way right now. I'm all for guys trying to get paid, but there are better ways of going about it. Then again, this method gets him the attention he seems to want. Not a good look for Jimmy, in my opinion.

No.  I don't think telling his current team that he wants to play elsewhere means he's a prima donna.  And I don't give a flying f*ck who he wants to hang out with as long as he works hard.  Why does that matter?

Some of you guys worry about stuff that isn't really that big of a deal. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2018, 07:34:47 PM »
If there is a range of cocky things athletes can do, a shoulder shimmy is about a 1, screaming "You f***ing need me!" at the GM is closer to a 10.

::)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2018, 07:54:41 PM »

No.  I don't think telling his current team that he wants to play elsewhere means he's a prima donna.  And I don't give a flying f*ck who he wants to hang out with as long as he works hard.  Why does that matter?

Some of you guys worry about stuff that isn't really that big of a deal.

Jimmy wouldn't score too well amongst many Scoopers in the Negotiations thread.  I hope he never sends his resume to Chick or he will be blackballed.  :D

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2018, 07:57:50 PM »

I have zero idea why anyone would think what he just apparently did would be viewed as selfish or being a prima donna.  Or frankly why it’s even an pretty boy move. He proved his value. Showed why working hard means something. And he lead by example.

nope-leading by example would be playing hard, winning, smiling, f'ing around, having fun and shutting your mouth-'specially the f-bombs at the gm, owner, coaches et.al.  save that stuff for the meeting with them.  don't bring it out on the court.  what kind of example is he showing the young'ens other than his skills.  everyone knows he can ball.  my respect for jFb is waning, but there is still a little bit left
don't...don't don't don't don't

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2018, 07:59:33 PM »
nope-leading by example would be playing hard, winning, smiling, f'ing around, having fun and shutting your mouth-'specially the f-bombs at the gm, owner, coaches et.al.  save that stuff for the meeting with them.  don't bring it out on the court.  what kind of example is he showing the young'ens other than his skills.  everyone knows he can ball.  my respect for jFb is waning, but there is still a little bit left

No.  Leaders don't lead by "having fun and shutting your mouth."  Good lord.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2018, 08:06:00 PM »

i meant-shutting your mouth throwing f-bombs at the upper echelon of the team-owners, gm's, coaches.  let me try to put it this way-you've got a really good employee, but disgruntled.  they come into work laughing at you, telling you to go f yourself, etc etc...not the kind of leader i want

oh yeah...good God!!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2018, 08:07:43 PM »

Amen.  Yes men are not leaders.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2018, 08:13:13 PM »
i meant-shutting your mouth throwing f-bombs at the upper echelon of the team-owners, gm's, coaches.  let me try to put it this way-you've got a really good employee, but disgruntled.  they come into work laughing at you, telling you to go f yourself, etc etc...not the kind of leader i want

oh yeah...good God!!

Well I don't run an NBA basketball team so.... 

Let's not pretend that its the same as running a college PR office.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2018, 08:22:51 PM »
If you gave 100%, rode your teammates, pushed them to follow your lead, motivated and supported them, and they didn’t respond. And furthermore, management didn’t support you but instead catered to those teammates, would you rather the player continue to sit and say nothing and “deal with it” to the detriment of both the team, and their career? Genuinely curious.

And again? A jerk? A public call for people to be better and work? That’s soft. KAT talked crap to Butler at the start and got embarrassed.  This makes the Wolves organization look soft and mismanaged with their team structure and priorities more than Jimmy the bully.

Love DJO on the squad that ran with him to dominate the starters

If I thought of myself as the hardest worker, the smartest, the only one who cared, etc, etc... I think I might be the one with the problem. Jimmy's ego has grown over the years, and in a lot of ways he's earned it. But I don't think he's earned a right to try to embarrass his organization in the public eye. He might think that everyone else is half-a$$ing it, but just because he thinks that doesn't make him right. For me, the biggest issue is his decision to make this public. That's the red flag.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2018, 08:24:16 PM »

Well I don't run an NBA basketball team so.... 

Let's not pretend that its the same as running a college PR office.

not pretending anything.  just saying that if you ever become a real owner and have to maintain some semblance of respect, watching one of your employees humiliate you in front of the rest of your employees is, well...humiliating.  how ya gonna handle that one big guy?

that's ok to back pedal...it shows you may have some humility after all ::)

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2018, 08:25:43 PM »
shutting your mouth-'specially the f-bombs at the gm, owner, coaches et.al.  save that stuff for the meeting with them.  don't bring it out on the court.

Can we stop with this “swore at the owner” narrative. Multiple people have said it. He never swore at Glen Taylor. He actually reached out professionally a week or so ago to make sure everyone was aligned.

And there was no “f you” or “f off”, there was f-ing to add emphasis to a statement. And if you think dropping a few f bombs is “setting a poor example for younger players”, you’ve clearly never stepped foot near a college or professional playing surface. Clutch those pearls

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2018, 08:29:23 PM »
   not pretending anything.  just saying that if you ever become a real owner and have to maintain some semblance of respect, watching one of your employees humiliate you in front of the rest of your employees is, well...humiliating.  how ya gonna handle that one big guy?

that's ok to back pedal...it shows you may have some humility after all ::)

You're the dude who wouldn't let an employee shave her head in solidarity with a friend who had cancer right?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2018, 08:32:28 PM »
Can we stop with this “swore at the owner” narrative. Multiple people have said it. He never swore at Glen Taylor. He actually reached out professionally a week or so ago to make sure everyone was aligned.

And there was no “f you” or “f off”, there was f-ing to add emphasis to a statement. And if you think dropping a few f bombs is “setting a poor example for younger players”, you’ve clearly never stepped foot near a college or professional playing surface. Clutch those pearls

Exactly.

My God grab the fainting couch for ole rocket.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2018, 08:35:07 PM »
If I thought of myself as the hardest worker, the smartest, the only one who cared, etc, etc... I think I might be the one with the problem. Jimmy's ego has grown over the years, and in a lot of ways he's earned it. But I don't think he's earned a right to try to embarrass his organization in the public eye. He might think that everyone else is half-a$$ing it, but just because he thinks that doesn't make him right. For me, the biggest issue is his decision to make this public. That's the red flag.

yes yes yes!!!  i like how you covered this-jimmy is good!  play ball and save the bullschmit for your closed door meetings with the gm and owner.  i think jimmy would have had more of the fans support if he did just that.  now he's divided them,causing mixed feelings with many.  unless an owner/gm thinks he has the better way to deal with jb, go for it...until he get's p!ssed off again.  there is a better way to do this

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2018, 08:46:07 PM »

You're the dude who wouldn't let an employee shave her head in solidarity with a friend who had cancer right?

what??  seriously??  fyi, i did not, not let her.  i may have discouraged it from a professional office setting pov. and, i was being the boss, making a sound decision to save our jobs.  maybe you guys in the college "PR" business can get away with this stuff, not a small town professional healthcare facility. 

nice shutdown argument though

feedback