Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Jimmy Butler  (Read 31073 times)

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Re: Jimmy Butler
« Reply #150 on: October 11, 2018, 10:01:12 PM »
He deleted the tweet.

It’s an awful situation for the organization. Really, really bad.
Ok found the tweet to me he was just fcking around and decided to delete bc it gave wrong info

https://twitter.com/painttouches/status/1050471121315880960?s=21
Goal is National Championship

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #151 on: October 12, 2018, 06:46:03 AM »
Not how I read it at all.

Pretty much read it as, "Hey, if a married person or someone in a relationship wants to sleep around with someone else, not the other person's problem regardless of what they know!"

Which, of course, is absurd.

This is why I keep pointing out we don't know their relationship. Has nobody seen major league on this forum?! Are we going to blame Vaughn for not knowing he slept with the wife of Roger? Of course there's instances where both are to blame. Sorry I didn't paint an entire flow chart. I was just pointing out that people seemed to be pointing a gun at Jimmy with finding no fault at the young woman who actually cheated.
Maigh Eo for Sam

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #152 on: October 12, 2018, 07:08:36 AM »
This is why I keep pointing out we don't know their relationship. Has nobody seen major league on this forum?! Are we going to blame Vaughn for not knowing he slept with the wife of Roger? Of course there's instances where both are to blame. Sorry I didn't paint an entire flow chart. I was just pointing out that people seemed to be pointing a gun at Jimmy with finding no fault at the young woman who actually cheated.

What Scoop expects of you

"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #153 on: October 12, 2018, 08:20:16 AM »
My basic reading comprehension sees max contract noted twice here.

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/7/13/17570296/why-did-jimmy-butler-decline-minnesota-timberwolves-max-contract-extension-nba-free-agency-2018-2019

Your basic reading skills need to be more refined.  Minnesota offered him the most they could at the time, but that is not what a "max contract" would be if he waited until he enters free agency.

From the article you linked:

"The $110 million contract offer on the table is a huge chunk of money; an average of around $27.5 million per year. But by waiting until next summer to sign a contract, Butler increases his net worth dramatically.

If he waits until the 2019 free agency and re-signs with Minnesota, he could sign a five-year max contract extension worth $188 million. What would you do with that kind of money? And if he leaves to sign elsewhere, Butler would easily garner max contract consideration of four years worth $140 million."

Furthermore, it looks as though they had a deal with the Heat lined up, only to have Thibs call back and want more.

https://deadspin.com/report-pat-riley-called-tom-thibodeau-a-motherunnatural carnal knowledgeer-f-1829699806

But of course, this is all Jimmy's fault...

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #154 on: October 12, 2018, 08:34:41 AM »

Your basic reading skills need to be more refined.  Minnesota offered him the most they could at the time, but that is not what a "max contract" would be if he waited until he enters free agency.

Right. Minnesota offered him the most they could... Most = maximum. Max is shorthand for maximum. Ipso facto... max contract. See how that works?

So any griping about Minnesota paying Wiggins more than Jimmy doesn't make any sense. They offered him as much as they could; there's nothing more they could do. Based on the way the contracts work, other teams are able to give him more, but that doesn't mean that Minnesota didn't offer him a max contract.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #155 on: October 12, 2018, 08:45:34 AM »
Are you implying that MU players that didn't like JFB? Because with perhaps 1 or 2 exceptions this is 100% false.

Not implying, asking a question.  But as you also alluded to, when one says beloved it come across as universal, which is also not always the case.  Beloved by some, not by others is more accurate.  One can even be beloved by some and despised by others. See politics every day.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #156 on: October 12, 2018, 09:42:34 AM »
Coulda offered more bread bye shufflin' sum playas around doe, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #157 on: October 12, 2018, 09:51:48 AM »
Most of us love what Jimmy did for our program, so we like his bad-arse nature and are proud of what he's accomplished in the NBA. Even most of us who think he's being at least a little diva-ish or jerk-ish still like him.

If he were a F%cky or Domer or Lou-Evil guy and he acted like this, we'd be rippin' him a new one.

And that's OK. All's fair in love and fandom!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #158 on: October 12, 2018, 10:21:17 AM »
Most of us love what Jimmy did for our program, so we like his bad-arse nature and are proud of what he's accomplished in the NBA. Even most of us who think he's being at least a little diva-ish or jerk-ish still like him.

If he were a F%cky or Domer or Lou-Evil guy and he acted like this, we'd be rippin' him a new one.

+1
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #159 on: October 12, 2018, 10:24:55 AM »
Right. Minnesota offered him the most they could... Most = maximum. Max is shorthand for maximum. Ipso facto... max contract. See how that works?

So any griping about Minnesota paying Wiggins more than Jimmy doesn't make any sense. They offered him as much as they could; there's nothing more they could do. Based on the way the contracts work, other teams are able to give him more, but that doesn't mean that Minnesota didn't offer him a max contract.

Although other teams are not able to give him more after this season.  Whatever team has him for this season can offer the full 5 year $188 million next summer, or if he goes to another team he can get 4 years and $141 million.  Not sure if anyone really cares about the difference with that amount of money, but the Wolves could hold onto him and then be the only team able to make a super max offer.  You have to assume that when JB is 34 it might be tough to get $47 million for that next year.  But with the way salaries are escalating, maybe not.  In any case, you can see why Jimmy is motivated to get moved now.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #160 on: October 12, 2018, 10:29:23 AM »
Not implying, asking a question.  But as you also alluded to, when one says beloved it come across as universal, which is also not always the case.  Beloved by some, not by others is more accurate.  One can even be beloved by some and despised by others. See politics every day.

For Christ's sake, Chico, nobody is UNIVERSALLY beloved. Everybody knows that. The "most beloved" guy in history ended up nailed to a cross. Stop picking nits, especially the small ones.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 11:53:31 PM by Lennys Tap »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #161 on: October 12, 2018, 10:59:37 AM »

<sigh>

The point is they tried to sign him in the cheap by giving him less money early.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #162 on: October 12, 2018, 06:07:23 PM »
Are you guys dense?

Jimmy and Thibs are in cahoots. It's the ole good cop/bad cop routine.

(Jimmy is playing the bad cop obviously. He won't be traded because he doesn't want to be traded. Read between the lines.)

🏀

• All American
« Reply #163 on: October 12, 2018, 08:53:01 PM »
Are you guys dense?

(Jimmy is playing the bad cop obviously. He won't be traded because he doesn't want to be traded. Read between the lines.)

This.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #164 on: October 12, 2018, 09:04:15 PM »
This.

I wish, but super unlikely. Nonetheless if I run into Jimmy again tomorrow I’ll ask him.

PS - you check your PM’s??
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #165 on: October 13, 2018, 08:53:51 AM »

Yes, but...Minnesota with all that talent, unless someone takes the wolf by the horns here, this could become a lost season.  Someone needs to step up as a real leader and get the focus back on winning b-ball games away from money and bangin other dudes squeezes   Thibs has got to get the team to re-focus.  As,I said, I like jfb, but not what he’s doing right now. He’s a good baller, but he’s got to lose the ego and allow his play once again just speak for itself.  Seriously? $140, 150, 160 million?  And he doesn’t even have a family to feed. These guys aren’t going to catch Jeff bezos or Elon musk, might as well try to get by on the scraps ya can get now while you’re healthy😳🤑🤷🏼‍♂️😉
don't...don't don't don't don't

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #166 on: October 13, 2018, 09:21:29 AM »
For Christ's sake, Chico, nobody is UNIVERSALLY beloved. Everybody knows that. The "most beloved" guy in history ended up nailed to a cross. Stop picking nits, especially the small ones.

Entirely the point, Chicos.  Let's not put our own personal beliefs of someone and project them out to say everyone loved him.  That isn't the case for anyone, not even Mother Theresa.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #167 on: October 18, 2018, 01:47:38 AM »
Are you guys dense?

I TEND TO AGREE WITH THIS...

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #168 on: November 13, 2018, 05:59:24 AM »
For those with a subscription to The Athletic, this was a great write up on the whole timeline of events in the Butler trade.

https://theathletic.com/542682/2018/11/12/jimmy-butler-saga-diary-of-dysfunction-a-day-by-day-look

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #169 on: November 13, 2018, 01:16:40 PM »
the second year in a row I've bought tickets to see the Wolves and Butler ended up not playing. At least last year it was because of an injury, not being a whiny little bitch as was his ailment this year. I can't wait to see how he ruins Simmons and Embid. We may never see Markel Fultz again after Butler lays into him.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #170 on: November 13, 2018, 01:47:06 PM »
the second year in a row I've bought tickets to see the Wolves and Butler ended up not playing. At least last year it was because of an injury, not being a whiny little bitch as was his ailment this year. I can't wait to see how he ruins Simmons and Embid. We may never see Markel Fultz again after Butler lays into him.

LOL Butler will be fine. He'll likely thrive. Fultz on the other hand... they should have traded him & their first rounders last year to try to draft Doncic. The guy's a head case.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #171 on: November 13, 2018, 02:36:13 PM »

Why would you buy tickets to see him if you apparently dislike him so much?

feedback