[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Jimmy Butler  (Read 31174 times)

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Re: Jimmy Butler
« Reply #125 on: October 11, 2018, 02:27:09 PM »
Seems like veterans liked what he did and is mainly Wiggins and KAT upset.

https://watchstadium.com/videos/147958
Goal is National Championship

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #126 on: October 11, 2018, 02:37:53 PM »
Butler called players only meeting today practice cancelled:
https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/10/11/report-jimmy-butler-calls-players-only-meeting/

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #127 on: October 11, 2018, 03:15:29 PM »
Eye'm in da JFB will reap mega benefits kamp from his bizarre outrage and demands, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #128 on: October 11, 2018, 03:23:43 PM »
First, she's a grown woman why is it Jimmys fault and not hers? She's the one who cheated on a relationship. Second has this been confirmed to be a girlfriend and not a NBA "groupie"?

nah, that's sl*t shaming. I thought I was reliably informed that wasn't cool.

You're saying "oh she's just a floozy that gets around so who cares, it's her fault, not anyone else's." That's some retrograde thinking right there, my dude.

You get with a coworker's significant other and you bear some blame for that, even if the significant other did the initiating. Take's two to do the horizontal tango and all that.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #129 on: October 11, 2018, 03:39:42 PM »
nah, that's sl*t shaming. I thought I was reliably informed that wasn't cool.

You're saying "oh she's just a floozy that gets around so who cares, it's her fault, not anyone else's." That's some retrograde thinking right there, my dude.

You get with a coworker's significant other and you bear some blame for that, even if the significant other did the initiating. Take's two to do the horizontal tango and all that.

The fact is that lifestyle does exist, I did not say anything negative about it merely questioned if that was the type of life she leads thus any negative connotation you infer with it comes from within you.

To your second point again that's a complete incorrect inference from you. If she's an NBA groupie then I would say that's more on Towns for misreading the relationship not her fault. She's free to live the life she wants if the lifestyle she chooses is to notch NBA stars on her bed post more power to her so your statement of me saying it's her fault because she sleeps around is patently false.

I owe my coworkers nothing. They aren't my friends, I have no commitments to them in our personal lives and if you enter a relationship inwhich you agree not to sleep around and then if you break that, you do bear the blame. That is why I said we don't know Jimmy and KAT's relationship, if they were friends then absolutely Jimmy bares some responsibility along with the woman in question.

In conclusion, it would seem to me that you made a lot of conclusions that were not written nor insinuated. I'd say you have to take a look inside and figure out where those came from. Saying a person enjoys sleeping with NBA players is not inherently a negative statement. Taking it negatively like you did (ie equating it to floozy, and slut) likely means there's some sort of discomfort with the lifestyle they live that you're overcorrecting.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 04:02:43 PM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #130 on: October 11, 2018, 03:43:29 PM »
I wasn’t comparing them as players but rather their value or perceived value to a team.

Minnesota went 12 straight years without a playoff appearance (six of them with Kevin Love) until Jimmy arrived.
And before you suggest Jimmy had a better team around him ... while that's true, consider:
- the Western Conference is much more challenging today than it was 6-7 years ago
- the T-Pups went 10-13 when Jimmy was out last year. Over a full season, that's about 35 wins, i.e. 12 games out of a playoff spot.

So, I would suggest Jimmy was very valuable to Minnesota.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #131 on: October 11, 2018, 03:47:04 PM »
Butler called players only meeting today practice cancelled:
https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/10/11/report-jimmy-butler-calls-players-only-meeting/

Sounds like this is fake news per DJO and Teague on twitter.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #132 on: October 11, 2018, 03:47:18 PM »
The fact is that lifestyle does exist, I did not say anything negative about it merely questioned if that was the type of life she leads thus any negative connotation you infer with it comes from within you.

To your second point again that's a complete incorrect inference from you. If she's an NBA groupie then I would say that's more on Towns for misreading the relationship not her fault. She's free to live the life she wants if the lifestyle she chooses is to notch NBA stars on her bed post more power to her so your statement of me saying it's her fault because she sleeps around is patently false.

I owe my coworkers nothing. They aren't my friends, I have no commitments to them in our personal lives and if you enter a relationship you agree not to sleep around and if you break that you bear the blame. That is why I said we don't know Jimmy and KAT's relationship, if they were friends then absolutely Jimmy bares some responsibility.

In conclusion, it would seem to me that you made a lot of conclusions that were not written not insinuated. I'd say you have to take a look inside and figure out where those cans from. Saying a person enjoys sleeping with NBA players is not inherently a negative statement. Taking it negatively like you did likely means there's some sort of discomfort with the concept that you're overcorrecting.

Or you're bending over backwards to defend the actions of a ball player you like. I'm guessing if he were a badger you wouldn't be so quick to absolve him of any responsibility though.

Or maybe you're protesting too much.

Or whatever, maybe you're right. Maybe Jimmy is just a heckuva coworker and KAT only has himself to blame. Shrug.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #133 on: October 11, 2018, 03:55:54 PM »
Or you're bending over backwards to defend the actions of a ball player you like. I'm guessing if he were a badger you wouldn't be so quick to absolve him of any responsibility though.

Or maybe you're protesting too much.

Or whatever, maybe you're right. Maybe Jimmy is just a heckuva coworker and KAT only has himself to blame. Shrug.

I'm not bending over backwards. Quite frankly I don't particularly like Jimmy, he's overly cocky, and pretty crappy person at least in 2011 he was. You called me out for backwards thinking and I am defending myself from those false accusations (especially when they were expanded in your previous post).

You're right if it was a badger they'd already be at fault for being badgers. But my initial post was only questioning the conflict between KAT and Jimmy and if it truly is a valid conflict.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 03:57:57 PM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #134 on: October 11, 2018, 04:07:54 PM »
Bags said that when someone cheats both the cheater and the person they cheated with are in the wrong. How is that a debatable statement?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #135 on: October 11, 2018, 04:14:48 PM »
Minnesota went 12 straight years without a playoff appearance (six of them with Kevin Love) until Jimmy arrived.
And before you suggest Jimmy had a better team around him ... while that's true, consider:
- the Western Conference is much more challenging today than it was 6-7 years ago
- the T-Pups went 10-13 when Jimmy was out last year. Over a full season, that's about 35 wins, i.e. 12 games out of a playoff spot.

So, I would suggest Jimmy was very valuable to Minnesota.

That wasn’t what I meant, but I think I am just not saying it right. I meant perceived value to any random team.

Of course, they were better with JB on the court because he was their best player. I would guess they had a better record when Love was on the Court as well.

I guess my ultimate point was that Jimmy (or Love) is not as valuable as he perceives himself to be.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #136 on: October 11, 2018, 04:15:13 PM »
Can we note for the record that the source for the "Jimmy hooked up with KAT's girlfriend" is Billy Hoyle and other assorted Internet trolls.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #137 on: October 11, 2018, 04:20:30 PM »
I guess my ultimate point was that Jimmy (or Love) is not as valuable as he perceives himself to be.

Fair enough.
I don't know how valuable Jimmy perceives himself to be, but I do think he's a max contract player and was justifiably insulted by the team's offer to pay him $11 million a year less than Wiggins.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #138 on: October 11, 2018, 04:46:06 PM »
Fair enough.
I don't know how valuable Jimmy perceives himself to be, but I do think he's a max contract player and was justifiably insulted by the team's offer to pay him $11 million a year less than Wiggins.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but didn't he sign a max contract in Chicago before he was traded to Minny? And then he was just offered another max contract, right? What else could Minnesota have done for him? Wiggins getting paid more is just a matter of timing isn't it?

nyg

• All American
« Reply #139 on: October 11, 2018, 04:47:37 PM »
Fair enough.

Yeah, I feel bad for Jimmy.  Signing a 92 million dollar guareented contract, $20 million this year, was a terrible decision.  Jeez.  Has two years left I believe, abide by what you signed, then you can bitch and moan. Comparing your contract against others is not the time.  92 million dollars.   

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #140 on: October 11, 2018, 05:11:00 PM »
Maybe I'm missing something here, but didn't he sign a max contract in Chicago before he was traded to Minny? And then he was just offered another max contract, right? What else could Minnesota have done for him? Wiggins getting paid more is just a matter of timing isn't it?

He did not sign a max contract with the Bulls and Minnesota offered him nothing close to a max contract. Minnesota offered 4 years/$110 million. A max contract would be 5 years/$188 million. 
My basic math skills tell me that Minnesota offered $78 million less than a max contract.
A max contract would be slightly more than what they're paying Wiggins.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 05:52:35 PM by Pakuni »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #141 on: October 11, 2018, 05:11:07 PM »
Can we note for the record that the source for the "Jimmy hooked up with KAT's girlfriend" is Billy Hoyle and other assorted Internet trolls.

Duly noted. The next time he backs up one of his accusations with any facts will be the first.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #142 on: October 11, 2018, 05:21:47 PM »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #143 on: October 11, 2018, 05:28:02 PM »
Bags said that when someone cheats both the cheater and the person they cheated with are in the wrong. How is that a debatable statement?

Not how I read it at all.

on the contrary, i believe in equality. Holding someone accountable for cheating whether they're a woman or a man is not a bias it's equality.

If you walk into your house and your significant other is cheating do you blame the person he/she is cheating with? If so then why? They weren't in a relationship with you. You might not like them because they ignored your relationship but the person to blame is the one who does the actual cheating.

In this particular instance i believe I would have a strong argument that by not holding her accountable and choosing to hold Jimmy accountable  has a greater bias as it essentially insinuates that a man is responsible for a woman's sexual actions rather than her having ownership over them.

There's such a thing as criticism to parties at fault without calling it "shaming". We do not know Jimmy and KAT's relationship. They could've been teammates and that's it. In this case there's no bond or promises that are broken by Jimmy for sleeping with his girlfriend. The breaking of promises lands on the girlfriend in this instance. Now if they were BFFs or something you could make a case otherwise.

Pretty much read it as, "Hey, if a married person or someone in a relationship wants to sleep around with someone else, not the other person's problem regardless of what they know!"

Which, of course, is absurd.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #144 on: October 11, 2018, 05:31:40 PM »
Yeah, I feel bad for Jimmy.  Signing a 92 million dollar guareented contract, $20 million this year, was a terrible decision.  Jeez.  Has two years left I believe, abide by what you signed, then you can bitch and moan. Comparing your contract against others is not the time.  92 million dollars.   

He is abiding by his contract. He's not holding out for a bigger contract, asking the Wolves to rip up the last year of this deal and give him more money or even refusing to play for Minnesota if they don't trade him.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #145 on: October 11, 2018, 07:57:00 PM »
He did not sign a max contract with the Bulls and Minnesota offered him nothing close to a max contract. Minnesota offered 4 years/$110 million. A max contract would be 5 years/$188 million. 
My basic math skills tell me that Minnesota offered $78 million less than a max contract.
A max contract would be slightly more than what they're paying Wiggins.

My basic reading comprehension sees max contract noted twice here.

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/7/13/17570296/why-did-jimmy-butler-decline-minnesota-timberwolves-max-contract-extension-nba-free-agency-2018-2019

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #146 on: October 11, 2018, 09:00:22 PM »
Sounds like this is fake news per DJO and Teague on twitter.
I follow DJO no tweet about it. Checked his twitter feed and couldn't find it.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #147 on: October 11, 2018, 09:18:34 PM »
I follow DJO no tweet about it. Checked his twitter feed and couldn't find it.

He deleted the tweet.

It’s an awful situation for the organization. Really, really bad.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #148 on: October 11, 2018, 09:38:33 PM »
He deleted the tweet.

It’s an awful situation for the organization. Really, really bad.
Strange he has deleted too many tweets lately per people maybe he is been hacked and this does not bode bad seems like it is going to go ok

https://twitter.com/highnoononespn/status/1050478857617326080?s=21

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #149 on: October 11, 2018, 09:44:02 PM »

This is just talk radio pablum. The size of his contract isn’t relevant. He wants to work elsewhere like a lot of people do. I

feedback