Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: So who went to the open house at #FiservForum and who upgraded?  (Read 14774 times)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
So who went last night, what were your impressions (good, bad, indifferent)? Did anyone else upgrade like we did as a result of seeing the seats?

Pros:
Amenities generally are awesome, and I don't think there is really a bad seat in the house for the price points.
Leg room and cup holders are a plus
Lower Concourse is a great place to mingle for sure and more roomy than the BC generally
Scoreboard is amazing and MU should be able to have a lot of fun with the pre-game/in-game engagement
Wi-Fi seemed pretty good, but also wasn't fully loaded so we'll see

Cons:
You have got to be F'ing me with beer prices, I might never drink a beer at a game out of spite
Logistics for getting to the upper concourse is challenging and boy the stairs to the seats are steep
If I'm MU, I'm pissed there wasn't an opporuntity to do an open house of some kind before the season tickets. Would have seen a lot more folks down in the lower bowl and I think a lot more folks as ticket holders generally.

We were center section, 2nd row upper section....seats were great and at least as good as those at the BC, but the logistics of getting there kind of detract. Then we sat in the corner  sections and boy, for a little bit more money aren't those some sweet seats, way better than the equivalents in the BC. So we pulled the trigger and upgraded, I'm guessing we won't get these next year because someone with more points will take them but I'm going to enjoy the hell out of them this year with the FF run ;)
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Benny B

• All American
Re: So who went to the open house at #FiservForum and who upgraded?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 12:09:06 PM »
I was not there, but I got a text message from a family member who said they upgraded.  Went from 2nd row in an upstairs corner to 20th row in a downstairs corner, and said it was amazing.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 12:15:42 PM »
Didn't go due to surgery but the uppers are starting to sound kind of scary

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 12:36:46 PM »
We went.  Of course the place is beautiful and very high tech.  The tour guy said there are 850 monitors in the building each of which is independently selectable.  We are lower bowl side line but back further than before because we didn't want to fork over an extra $600/ticket.  We may rethink that next year or maybe MU will rethink the price differential.  As it is priority points no longer make much difference.  If you're willing to pay more you can always get closer which wasn't the case before.  Therefore might as well spend the money on your ticket rather than a donation.  Glad I'm not in the upper deck, that is really high and scary walking down to your seat.
You are right about the beer prices, absurd.  I'll drink before hand. 
I'm stuck by the amount of seating that is capable of viewing the game but is not "ticketed seating".  If the place has 17,000+ in ticketed seating there is probably another 8,000 "seats" spread out all over the place.  I guess that is the new way to "experience a game".  When I go to a game I watch the game from my seat the whole time.  If I have to get something to drink or go to the restroom I do it in breaks and try to get back as quickly as possible to avoid missing the game.  I guess that makes me a dinosaur.
MU locker room was really nice.  Smaller than I expected but I would expect it would blow away most college locker rooms.  Should be good for recruiting.
Bottom line it will be a great place to go IF MU IS WINNING.  If its a choice between a mediocre team in this place and a top 20 team at a dump like the Mecca I'll take the Mecca any day.  Just Win Baby

Lacrosse218

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 12:47:32 PM »
What were beer prices?

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 12:56:17 PM »
What were beer prices?

Cheapest was 12oz can of Miller/Coors for $10, draft beers were $11-12 for what I believe was 16oz. I didn't see anything more than $12 but I had stopped looking at that point.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 01:00:27 PM »
Bottom line it will be a great place to go IF MU IS WINNING.  If its a choice between a mediocre team in this place and a top 20 team at a dump like the Mecca I'll take the Mecca any day.  Just Win Baby

Hell yes.

That said, I loved the building.  Other than the atrium, the BC was a bunker; the giant taco lets the outside in and already feels like it belongs exactly where it was built.  Upstairs altitude does not bother me because the isolated attic feel of the BC's upper rows in the 400 is gone.  There's actually stuff behind or near you, even in the worst seats.

The beer prices can get bent though.  An $11 Miller Lite should come in a pitcher, not a 16 oz cup. 

lessthannick11

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2018, 01:11:56 PM »
Cheapest was 12oz can of Miller/Coors for $10, draft beers were $11-12 for what I believe was 16oz. I didn't see anything more than $12 but I had stopped looking at that point.

Not really getting all the crying about beer prices now when they were $10.50 in the BC for a 20oz Coors light. Neither is acceptable, but it went up a whopping $.50. So saying you won't drink there, did you say the same about the BC?

lessthannick11

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2018, 01:15:07 PM »

Definitely agree with being able to get upstairs, seems like less options

So who went last night, what were your impressions (good, bad, indifferent)? Did anyone else upgrade like we did as a result of seeing the seats?

Pros:
Amenities generally are awesome, and I don't think there is really a bad seat in the house for the price points.
Leg room and cup holders are a plus
Lower Concourse is a great place to mingle for sure and more roomy than the BC generally
Scoreboard is amazing and MU should be able to have a lot of fun with the pre-game/in-game engagement
Wi-Fi seemed pretty good, but also wasn't fully loaded so we'll see

Cons:
You have got to be F'ing me with beer prices, I might never drink a beer at a game out of spite
Logistics for getting to the upper concourse is challenging and boy the stairs to the seats are steep
If I'm MU, I'm pissed there wasn't an opporuntity to do an open house of some kind before the season tickets. Would have seen a lot more folks down in the lower bowl and I think a lot more folks as ticket holders generally.

We were center section, 2nd row upper section....seats were great and at least as good as those at the BC, but the logistics of getting there kind of detract. Then we sat in the corner  sections and boy, for a little bit more money aren't those some sweet seats, way better than the equivalents in the BC. So we pulled the trigger and upgraded, I'm guessing we won't get these next year because someone with more points will take them but I'm going to enjoy the hell out of them this year with the FF run ;)

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2018, 01:16:15 PM »

What is  a beer at Miller Park?

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2018, 01:26:18 PM »

Not really getting all the crying about beer prices now when they were $10.50 in the BC for a 20oz Coors light. Neither is acceptable, but it went up a whopping $.50. So saying you won't drink there, did you say the same about the BC?

I could get a craft beer for less than $10 at the BC....didn't bother with a 20oz Coors so yes I was.

Further the Coors at the new place is 12oz for $10. So that equivalent at the BC for a 20oz would be  $16.67.....is that still nothing?

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2018, 01:29:24 PM »
I think the craft beers at Miller Park are $11, $13 and $15 for 20 oz draft

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2018, 01:30:08 PM »
"Scary" upper bowl? Just how steep was it? I'm picturing scenes from "Vertigo."

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2018, 01:32:05 PM »

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2018, 01:35:43 PM »

$9.50 for 24 oz on draft. Not sure what the tallboys ran.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2018, 01:42:28 PM »
$9.50 for 24 oz on draft. Not sure what the tallboys ran.

So, $4.75per 12 oz beer. Not too crazy.  Now $11 for a 12 oz or 16 oz beer?

Does MU get any of this money, or does the concession money go to the Bucks? 

Either way, they won't make more off me, but less.  I won't be drinking a whole lot at the new arena. 

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2018, 01:43:14 PM »

I haven't bought a single beer at a Marquette game in the past two seasons. My guess is that I will never buy a beer at the Fiserv Forum.

$10 to $12 for a 20-ounce beer is simply outrageous, especially if it's a beer as watery and tasteless as Coors Light. What makes a beer at the Fiserv Forum worth more than what you'd pay at any of the dozens of bars and restaurants within 3 blocks? I can easily go a couple hours without.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

DJO's Jaw

• All American
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2018, 01:44:44 PM »
"Scary" upper bowl? Just how steep was it? I'm picturing scenes from "Vertigo."

Steeper than the upper in the BC last year, but not as steep as the uppers in Miller Park. At least that's how it felt when I was up there.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2018, 01:47:55 PM »
So, the consensus seems to be that the uppers are a big thumbs down.  Sounds like the new Comiskey where they had to redo the uppers as the pitch was too steep.

I still think many in the uppers will watch from the Panorama Club. 

« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 01:53:01 PM by Dr. Blackheart »

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2018, 02:14:02 PM »
The arena coverage I read from the MJS, Biz Journal, etc. was just so breathless and positive, repeating each Bucks talking point verbatim. Really enjoyed the chance to go check it out for myself. Going on MU Scoop has been the first place I've seen honest assessments.

Most of the coverage is true, sightlines are fantastic in the lower bowl, screens everywhere, gigantic jumbotron, fast wi-fi etc. When it's a packed house it's gonna get loud.

The negatives are definitely in the upper deck. Good God are the stairs steep, I thought I might die walking down. My feet touched the seats in front of me, no legroom. You are a MILE from the court. You ride one of the world's longest escalators to get up there. Other than visiting the very nice outdoor patio I'll probably never go up there again.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2018, 02:22:59 PM »
The arena coverage I read from the MJS, Biz Journal, etc. was just so breathless and positive, repeating each Bucks talking point verbatim. Really enjoyed the chance to go check it out for myself. Going on MU Scoop has been the first place I've seen honest assessments.

Most of the coverage is true, sightlines are fantastic in the lower bowl, screens everywhere, gigantic jumbotron, fast wi-fi etc. When it's a packed house it's gonna get loud.

The negatives are definitely in the upper deck. Good God are the stairs steep, I thought I might die walking down. My feet touched the seats in front of me, no legroom. You are a MILE from the court. You ride one of the world's longest escalators to get up there. Other than visiting the very nice outdoor patio I'll probably never go up there again.

This sums up my feelings pretty well. I wanted to be blown away by the place. I went to the Bucks event and didn't have a great impression, but I chalked that up to the massive crowds. I went again yesterday, and liked the layout of the concourses better, but still am not thrilled with the upper deck. They oversold the hell out of that area, and it did not deliver.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2018, 02:27:47 PM »
Re: the uppers, I think the big difference now is the approach angle. 

Having the concourse above the seats means you don't get to acclimate up there like you would if you hiked up to the 12th row of the 400s in the BC before coming back down to get a beer / hit the restroom.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2018, 03:15:24 PM »
14 of these in the place

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2018, 03:29:05 PM »
I was at the Bucks Open House for 3 hours on Sunday and 2 hours last night.

I really like the upper deck concourse tons! The Jack Daniels area on the westside is very sharp! Of course the hype has been on the Panorama Club. I like the black floors, with the soft nightclub style lighting. The southside market is really neat with all the local vendors. The chairbacks have taller backs in the upperdeck. With a steeper angle, you will not have a head in your way.

The shelf to put your drink by the urinal is a great idea.

If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2018, 04:37:20 PM »
Hmm, I thought the upper stairs were steep but not hike-down-from-Angel's-Landing steep. We moved up to a middle-ish court seat in in the 2nd row of the uppers to save a little $ and it seemed okay. Naturally I may sing a different tune when a game is going on though...

feedback