Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: So who went to the open house at #FiservForum and who upgraded?  (Read 14773 times)

Daniel

• All American
Re: So who went to the open house at #FiservForum and who upgraded?
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2018, 05:50:14 PM »
We have a group in 208 and that is dead center court with no obsctruction. Great site lines.  It is steep and handrails are in place and needed.  Also, tough to get up there - at least it was for now.  Maybe we get used to it and it gets easier.

On the whole, pretty cool place.  Checked out the Mezzanine Club which is supposed to be equivalent to the Courtside cloud at the BC for certain donati9n levels.  No Courtside, and so no team will be coming through. And looked like 3 bars in there.  Didn’t see food but they said they will have food. 

Tougher to get around than BC.  But pretty cool.  Locker room was cool too.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2018, 06:24:21 PM »
Like you said, just have to get used to where you are at. There is many elevators around. Something the BC didn't have. Also, there are stairs on the side of the FF.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2018, 06:28:04 PM »
My tickets are also in upper, we moved forward last night from row 5 in 222 (dead center court) to row 3 in 208 (center court on other side) because someone must have upgraded and their seats were open.

Most important part about seats in the upper section is that literally every row counts.  Row 5 felt like it was 12 rows back in the BC, but row 2 felt very much in the action.  I almost moved over one section from center to move up to row 2. 

Regarding access to upper level, I found it distressing that there was only one escalator to the upper level.  That being said, there are stairs in the two west corners and elevators in multiple corners.  The stairs are wide and have landings if you need to take a few and rest (because it's quite a hike up).  Plenty of room for many people to traverse that way if they're in shape.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2018, 06:42:01 PM »
Most important part about seats in the upper section is that literally every row counts.  Row 5 felt like it was 12 rows back in the BC, but row 2 felt very much in the action.  I almost moved over one section from center to move up to row 2.

Think this is key. I sat center court in rows 1-3 of the Fiserv Forum and had a hard time deciding whether the seats were closer or farther than my 5th row seats center court in section 400 of the BC. Pretty close IMO. I probably would have been content in the upper deck, but glad I upgraded to section 116 before the open house.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2018, 06:45:54 PM »
The corners in the upper deck at FF were closer to the court than the BC was. Yet, center court seemed the same as the BC.  Both seemed a touch higher up.

Less uppers to sell, as FF is about 6k compared to 11k plus at the BC.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 06:47:53 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

alexius23

• Starter
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2018, 09:30:14 PM »
I think it lived up to the hype. I wonder if they will be opening the next venue in 2048?

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2018, 10:30:09 PM »
I thought the step depth on the stairs going down was pretty small, felt like my shoe was half off the step when I was walking down, making it feel even more steep. 

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2018, 10:59:02 PM »
I liked it. Will be in uppers with the mobile tix (if offered) or nickel and dime tickets from exchange.

liked cup holders everywhere...but the lower fold downs seemed loose and many won't last.

Along those lines there seemed to be different places that I wonder if it will last. (some rails, bathroom appliances, etc...). This place needs to be tested with multiple big crowds, games, concerts, whatever. See what breaks and gets worn out.

But overall I liked it...I like the options of places to go and sit or stand other than your seat. Yes some painful prices but I think I will be under $20 for any given game.

WarhawkWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2018, 09:03:38 AM »
I thought the place was absolutely awesome.  Better than the Garden.  Contrary to some I’ll be buying a beer or two.

MU is extremely fortunate to be playing there.  It does give a chance to rebuild prominence by adding this to our recruiting and fan resume. 

Unfortunately for some, success has its price.  A winning program will find others to fill the seats.

There is UWM for others.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2018, 09:15:35 AM »
Unfortunately for some, success has its price.  A winning program will find others to fill the seats.

There is UWM for others.

::)

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2018, 09:51:36 AM »
I thought the place was absolutely awesome.  Better than the Garden.  Contrary to some I’ll be buying a beer or two.

MU is extremely fortunate to be playing there.  It does give a chance to rebuild prominence by adding this to our recruiting and fan resume. 

There is UWM for others.

I think Enes Kanter does not share with your garden comment. :)

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2018, 10:48:59 AM »
We are first row upper deck and my first thought as we walked down the steps with my almost 4 year old and 6 year old was, please don't take a header.  Honestly wondered how I would take one son and two friends or something like that and hopefully not have any of them eat it either up or down while carrying a snack or something.

Overall thought the place was pretty sweet, but the upper deck seating leaves something to be desired.  Glad we have the front row as there is more legroom than every other row in the uppers.  The fact that the concourse is actually at the top of the section almost penalizes the people with the lower seats in the upper deck, much preferred walking in from the BC and the first two rows are right there.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2018, 10:52:20 AM »
If I'm MU, I'm pissed there wasn't an opporuntity to do an open house of some kind before the season tickets. Would have seen a lot more folks down in the lower bowl and I think a lot more folks as ticket holders generally.

It could be the opposite.  MU sold more season tickets in the upper deck, so now they have more open seats in the lower deck to sell as single-game tickets or 5-packs, which are more expensive per game than season tickets.  They could theoretically make more money this way.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2018, 10:54:36 AM »
Are we talking upper level soldier field steep or what? Give me a Chicago sports arena comparison.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Goose

• All American
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2018, 11:19:42 AM »
I am afraid of heights and made my one, and only, visit to the upper deck on Wednesday. My wife coaxing me outside on that observation deck and I lasted about 15 seconds.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2018, 11:42:11 AM »
I am afraid of heights
Did you take the escalator? That glass only and no walls around going to the upper level was crazy!
-Bill Walton

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2018, 11:43:13 AM »
I lasted about 15 seconds.

You and Rick Pitino.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2018, 11:56:02 AM »
I chatted with a beertender there and he assured me that the $11.00 Miller Lites and Coors Lights would be 24 ounces.  That's still pricey, but not highway robbery.  It still encourages pregaming at the old standbys on 3rd Street.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2018, 02:54:17 PM »
I didn't think the steepness was that bad.

Maybe because you are entering from the top going down it seems worse than it is?

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2018, 08:08:49 PM »
I didn't think the steepness was that bad.

Maybe because you are entering from the top going down it seems worse than it is?
I remember the same steepness coming down from Row S or so at the Bradley Center. Is Fiserv Forum a bit steep. Sure. The chairbacks are a bit longer, compared to the ones in the lower bowl. Plus, you don't have heads in your way.
-Bill Walton

seakm4

• Team Captain
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2018, 09:37:09 PM »
14 of these in the place

I hope one of these is near my section. If you're that uncomfortable with the idea of these, it means they might not be as crowded.  Last thing I need is to be trapped behind an old man at a urinal for 3 minutes.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2018, 09:40:43 PM »
I hope one of these is near my section. If you're that uncomfortable with the idea of these, it means they might not be as crowded.  Last thing I need is to be trapped behind an old man at a urinal for 3 minutes.

Yeah I love those bathrooms. Usually no wait.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2018, 04:42:55 AM »

They are handy, especially if you have take your young daughter or grand daughter.

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2018, 08:47:41 AM »
We had high expectations of the Forum and they were met big time. We are extremely happy with our seats in 119, incl aisle seats... Kinda surprised that "asile"seats are the 1st 2 seats, not just Seat 1.. But not a deal breaker...We had seats in 204 at the BC... Pretty much the same sightlines...Go up 6 stairs and there is  "OUR" bar..BTW, those beers @ $11 are 24oz...  Im pretty sure the $9.50 beers at the BC were 16oz.. Good options to eat near our seats..We walk about 20 ft and there are the rest rooms..We are pretty happy and love the FF already. We cannot wait for the season to start.