Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: NCAA recent investigations  (Read 121402 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: NCAA recent investigations
« Reply #375 on: April 26, 2019, 11:16:21 AM »
So there are wire taps with discussions of paying for both Marvin Bagley and Zion Williamson involving schools that wound up getting neither of those guys.  But I'm guessing Chicos thinks they both landed at Duke with the option of receiving hundreds of thousands of dollars from other schools or going to Duke for free (despite one of the player's families filing for bankruptcy in 2008, listing their household income at $44,000.00, and selling their home in a trustee's sale - see: foreclosure - in 2011, and then living in a neighborhood where houses were valued between $750K-$1.5M).

Things that make you go "Hmm..."
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #376 on: April 26, 2019, 11:23:22 AM »
So all people would break the law/rules if given enough money? I'm not sure I believe that.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #377 on: April 26, 2019, 11:32:50 AM »
So all people would break the law/rules if given enough money? I'm not sure I believe that.
Who is saying that?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #378 on: April 26, 2019, 11:40:18 AM »

Just a coincidence that both these kids were offered large amounts of money to play basketball and both, given 350+ options, wind up at the very same school without taking any money.  Hmm...

And then there's that whole bankrupt in Phoenix to mansion in LA status.  Again, hmm...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #379 on: April 26, 2019, 12:27:12 PM »
Just a coincidence that both these kids were offered large amounts of money to play basketball and both, given 350+ options, wind up at the very same school without taking any money.  Hmm...

And then there's that whole bankrupt in Phoenix to mansion in LA status.  Again, hmm...

One of these is compelling evidence for me. The other is not.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #380 on: April 26, 2019, 12:33:53 PM »
So there are wire taps with discussions of paying for both Marvin Bagley and Zion Williamson involving schools that wound up getting neither of those guys.  But I'm guessing Chicos thinks they both landed at Duke with the option of receiving hundreds of thousands of dollars from other schools or going to Duke for free (despite one of the player's families filing for bankruptcy in 2008, listing their household income at $44,000.00, and selling their home in a trustee's sale - see: foreclosure - in 2011, and then living in a neighborhood where houses were valued between $750K-$1.5M).

Things that make you go "Hmm..."

Should be easy to prove.

And if it is happening, then why do we bother going after elite kids at all because we have no chance.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #381 on: April 26, 2019, 12:40:30 PM »
Should be easy to prove.

And if it is happening, then why do we bother going after elite kids at all because we have no chance.

Because if we've learned anything the NCAA has shown that it definitely does everything it can to lay down the hammer on those cheating the game, so because Duke hasn't been punished it means they're definitely innocent.

So is Will Wade.

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #382 on: April 26, 2019, 08:06:26 PM »
And Rick Pitino. Except maybe actually, he is.
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #383 on: April 26, 2019, 08:42:23 PM »
Because if we've learned anything the NCAA has shown that it definitely does everything it can to lay down the hammer on those cheating the game, so because Duke hasn't been punished it means they're definitely innocent.

So is Will Wade.

Not really my point.....why should we go after the elite prospects, despite having Greek Freak here, beautiful new arena, etc, if they are going to land at places full of $$ that never get hammered?  Seems a waste of time from a recruiting strategy.

Thought this was interesting from Mr. Bagley...doesn't prove anything one way or the other.

https://twitter.com/TeamBagley/status/1121556112891727872

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #384 on: April 26, 2019, 09:06:06 PM »
Thought this was interesting from Mr. Bagley...doesn't prove anything one way or the other.

https://twitter.com/TeamBagley/status/1121556112891727872

The same Mr Bagley that took hundreds of thousands of dollars from Nike to fund an AAU program that only existed to promote his son? Yeah...he NEVER had his hands out 🙄😂🤣
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #385 on: April 26, 2019, 09:22:02 PM »
The same Mr Bagley that took hundreds of thousands of dollars from Nike to fund an AAU program that only existed to promote his son? Yeah...he NEVER had his hands out 🙄😂🤣

Yup. That’s the one. The one that had a family household income of $44K, filed for bankruptcy, and had a foreclosed home...and then was living in a neighborhood where houses were valued between $750K and $1.5M.

Same “MF” guy.

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #386 on: April 29, 2019, 05:04:12 PM »
Terrible news for Sean miller today. Wiretaps caught a conversation in which it was stated (by a 3rd party-not Miller) that “Sean had fronted” the $100K supposedly payed to Ayton

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #387 on: April 29, 2019, 05:16:40 PM »
Terrible news for Sean miller today. Wiretaps caught a conversation in which it was stated (by a 3rd party-not Miller) that “Sean had fronted” the $100K supposedly payed to Ayton
What an a$$ to call BS on ESPN for reporting this a year ago. Miller is a jerk for calling a reporter's honesty into question when he knew it was true.

I assume this is the end of Sean Miller in college basketball. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, NOT.

This might be terrible for Miller, but its good for college basketball.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #388 on: April 29, 2019, 05:19:10 PM »
What an a$$ to call BS on ESPN for reporting this a year ago. Miller is a jerk for calling a reporter's honesty into question when he knew it was true.

I assume this is the end of Sean Miller in college basketball. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, NOT.

I guess one could say Sean Miller is White Trash

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #389 on: April 29, 2019, 06:59:44 PM »
I guess one could say Sean Miller is White Trash
Ha! I like it. Assuming you're not defending Miller.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #390 on: April 29, 2019, 11:00:28 PM »
I'll believe the NCAA does anything to any of these coaches when...well, they actually do something.  For once.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #391 on: April 30, 2019, 01:04:31 AM »
I'll believe the NCAA does anything to any of these coaches when...well, they actually do something.  For once.

For once?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #392 on: April 30, 2019, 06:32:47 AM »

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #393 on: April 30, 2019, 06:42:38 AM »

So is Will Wade.
You should know. He is your namesake, after all.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #394 on: April 30, 2019, 09:20:59 AM »
For once.

So coaches have never been given show cause penalties lasting years? 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #395 on: April 30, 2019, 09:30:23 AM »

Took a page outta da Ryan Braun manual of bullchttin', aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #396 on: April 30, 2019, 09:58:27 AM »

miller is white knuckling it, grabbing for anything he can.  playing on a "reporters" honesty unfortunately or not, works in some public opinion circles. 
don't...don't don't don't don't

muguru

• All American
« Reply #397 on: April 30, 2019, 10:12:22 AM »
Thing is, agree or disagree with it, Miller can spin this as "there's no solid proof", and even though we all know better, he's right, there isn't. That MIGHT be enough for Arizona to keep him, but I'm not sure it's going to help him with the NCAA(if they ever get around to enforcing any of this).

I mean at worst, Miller should get fired because he should have known about this right?? A Head coach is responsible for everything that goes on in his program according to the NCAA, just ask Pitino.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #398 on: April 30, 2019, 10:21:19 AM »
Arizona has every reason to wait at this point. The more that comes out, the more that a "for cause" firing becomes a solid case, and the more chance they get to hold onto their freshman class.  It's too late for them to do a full-fledged coaching search anyway.  They can put Mark Phelps in there as interim, and he would have no shot at the regular job anyway.  Then they can do a search next year.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #399 on: April 30, 2019, 10:32:48 AM »
Arizona has every reason to wait at this point. The more that comes out, the more that a "for cause" firing becomes a solid case, and the more chance they get to hold onto their freshman class.  It's too late for them to do a full-fledged coaching search anyway.  They can put Mark Phelps in there as interim, and he would have no shot at the regular job anyway.  Then they can do a search next year.

Mark Phelps has already been fired for other infractions IIRC